Good
( 1986 reviews)

Silver Lake is just plain Nasty

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I just want to say that this place is a total dump. We stayed there with our four children for five nights. We stayed from May 6-11. It was filthy. Whenever we walked around the condo with just socks on the bottom of our socks were black. The tub had pubic hairs in it when we arrived. It smelled horrible. I was so disgusted. We have stayed at other timeshare properties in the past, Sheraton Vistana Villages, Marriott Grande Vista, Summer Bay Resort. It was a total roach hotel. The pool was just ok. compared to other hotels it doesn't even compare. If you have reservations cancel. The only plus is it's close to Disney. However I would drive 30 miles than drive 1 and stay in thosse nasty accomadations."

• Travel date: Thu 12th of May 2005

Disturbing Incident.....

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"A very disturbing incident occurred while I was at the hot tub. A woman washed a diaper with feces out in the hot tub. In addition there were babies and children under the age of 12 playing in the hot tub. I raised my concern at the front desk and no action was taken. As an owner I was extremely annoyed."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of May 2005

This is a very very nice condo/apartment

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrive at Silver Lakes. Our apartment was beautifully appointed and very quiet, the only disapointment was that we never saw any sun in our apartment, (facing the wrong way). However we were out and about so it wasn't a big deal.
Fully recommend this place, very clean great services i.e. free internet, good gym, great swimming pool. No good restaurant unfortunately but plenty nearby.
Visitors from New Zealand"

• Travel date: Wed 20th of April 2005

Good bargain!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We had a two bedroom condo in an older building. Our condo was on the third floor with no elevator. That is one of the things that kept this from being EXCELLENT.

Since we were on the third floor we had vaulted ceilings along that went with the mirrors... mirrors and more mirrors. Wherever I went I saw myself coming and going.

Positive: We had tons of room and the condo overlooked a quiet greenbelt. There was a nice screen porch and a back door that went to the greenbelt rather than to the parking lot.

Negatives: If you want soft, warm and cozy this is NOT the condo for you. It was designed to be easily cleaned with hard surfaces (tile), small (very small) scatter rugs and furniture that is built to be durable NOT comfortable.

There were not enough lights in the master bedroom. It was hard to see... one small lamp on the bedside table and that was it. Like striking a match at night.

The rack in the master bedroom closet fell as soon as we hung up our clothes. I called. No one came so the next day I called again. This time someone showed up (--) and he worked on it for a few hours. My husband tried to tell him that he was putting screws into drywall and it wouldn't hold but he refused to listen. Screwed it up, patched the old holes and painted them and left. We started to hang our stuff and it began to come down again. We tied it up. We didn't want that fella back.

Overview: The master bathroom was very large with HUGE jetted tub and seperate large shower. We moved one of the rugs from the bedroom into the bathroom because a little bit of water splashed from the tub and you were ice skating.

My grandkids used the tub like a small swimming pool. At three years old the little one was delighted with all the mirrors surrounding her on three sides. At sixty years of age I was less thrilled. <GRIN>

The kitchen was well equipped and very large. The laundry was in a closet and one of those large stack models.

The second bedroom contained two twins. It had a hall bath with a tub/shower combination. They hadn't put up a shower curtain but I assume that we could have had one had we called and asked.

The people at the front desk were friendly and the check in was smooth and without a hassle. I used the internet/computer room a few times it was equipped with a shared printer. There was never a wait but this was December and there were plenty of empty units.

I got this unit on skyauction for just at $200 for the week. At those rates this place was a PALACE."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of January 2005

Good place to stay at Disney

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed a week at the Silver Lake Resort (12/9-12/17/04) booking through Skyauction. The first room they assigned us was more like a closet than a studio unit, and was very close to the highway and next to a swampy area. We complained and were moved to a one bedroom unit in a complex next to the pool. The pool is large and very attractive. The room was a standard and comfortable timeshare unit with open livingroom/dining room/kitchen combination, bedroom, bath with shower and jacuzzi and balcony. Looked recently decorated and very well maintained.

The staff were impersonal and often not available but the General Manager was excellent - he immediately addressed our concerns about our initial room assignment.

This resort is within walking distance to Disney, clean, comfortable and pleasant. I would reccmmend it."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of January 2005

Love Silver Lake Resort

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"We love Kissimmee and especially Silver Lake Resort! It is not only a beautiful area this resort is full of friendly peeps and is always exceptionally clean!!!! The pools are breathtaking. Chk it out Silverlakeresort.net
This is our 3rd trip and the 1st without kids or grands. We are truly looking forward to the next cpl weeks."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of November 2004

Great inside, needs work outside

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at Silver Lake resort for a week in October 2004. Staff was friendly and helpful. The 1 bedroom suite was spacious and clean, with everything we needed. Nice kitchen, bath, small patio. The grounds however need work. There was half finished contruction left idle, with abandoned truck left behind. Upon entering the resort, we were greeted by a friendly security guard. But the ride to the check in desk took us past a nasty looking swamp on the grounds. The area overlooked by our patio was less then scenic also. Wet swampy area, power lines, and busy roads. We were told the swampy conditions were left over by the recent hurricanes that hit Florida and this may be so.
The room was quiet, although we were near a fairly busy road.
We enjoyed the pool, although it is not heated. We also enjoyed the movie theater.
I would definately go again as we got a great rate (had to attend a low pressure timeshare pitch)."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of November 2004

Just got back!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Just got back from a week in Silver Lake. Got an excellent price using Skyauction. I'm glad I paid what I paid! It was worth ~ 260 including taxes. We got a 2 bedroom that was great..each had our own bathroom. Be careful shopping in the area..it's a tourist trap! Make a righ and got up 3 blocks and you will find a supermarket. It was nice having a full kitchen, bed was uncomfortable and the pillows were worse, so bring your own! All in all...it met our needs!"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of November 2004

Loved Silver Lake Resort

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"We stayed for 10 nights at the Silver Lake Resort in September 2004. It was just fantastic. The accommodation was excellent, we couldn't have asked for more. The pool, gym, computer room, theatre, location surpassed all our expectations. We will remember our holiday at Silver Lake for a long time."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of October 2004

Silver Lake Resort was a dream come true!

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We couldn`t have wish for more. The condo was absolutely beautifull and we had a GREAT time. The service was exellent!! Because of the heat, we spent most of the time in the swimmingpool, whitch also was really nice and clean. The poolbar was nice and they had a lot of activities for both children and adults. THANK YOU!!"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2004