This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Ramada Orlando Celebration Resort & Convention Center

Good

Nice for the price!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"The hotel grounds & rooms were very clean.
We had a AC unit that was not working well we made one call to the front desk then went out for dinner when we returned they had replace the whole unit!
Very friendly staff."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of August 2008

Great family friendly convention style hotel.

Reviewed Tue 9th of October 2012

"We stayed here spring break '08. (Orland sun resort by lexington) and liked it. It's a huge place with 900+ rooms but you don't feel it. The rooms are set up in seperate 2 storey buildings built around the pool. Great to be able to park close on one side and have the pool outside you slider. I recommend a ground level room. It's close to the freeway but far enough that you aren't disturbed. There is a strip mall walking distance with good restaraunts, a grocery store and shops, We did not eat at the hotel. They advertise a "market" with ready foods but it was pretty pathetic. Perhaps Ramada has upgraded it. The place was clean, with friendly staff. Downside, they make you rent a fridge for $5."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2008

A dirty stay

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We are back from a little gateway from Orlando.
We stayed at the ramada. We had a good deal and the hotel was rated 2.5 * and near Disney Main gate.
Unfortunatly i will not recomand this hotel because it was dirty. We found food under the bed. The clerck at the front desk told us that the vaccium doesn't fit under the bed so if you get lucky the housekeeper will have swipe. If not you will not the menu of the previous occupant!!!
If you have allergy it is defintly a place you want to avoid.

Also for what i was told, none of the room have a bath tub. All the room have a shower except the handicap room! It doesn't make sens but it is the info we were given.

For a similar price we stayed a little bit further down on us 192 at the country inn and it was very pleseant. A totaly different experience."

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of August 2008

Good hotel at great price...

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Well this was my first time to Florida and the hotel that I originally wanted to book was not available, so the Ramada seemed like a good runner up. The hotel was actually very nice. I wasn't expecting anything special because the price I paid was so cheap, but I was pleasantly surprised when I finally arrived there. I have to say I was a bit nervous when we first pulled up to the hotel, because nowhere on it does it say Ramada Celebration. Instead a sign that just says Ramada is placed over the name of an old hotel. The cab fare to the airport was $52-$55. The lobby was pretty big with a small bar, piano, open area restuarant and plenty of chairs to relax in. Check-in went smoothly. I stayed in the Jasmine building, and the room was great. I had no problems. Everything working perfectly. The bathroom was clean, the AC ice cold, and the bed was comfortable. The pool was very nice and an extremely short distant from our room. There are serveral pools so all the rooms are pretty close to a pool no matter the bulding you stay in. The free disney shuttle leaves at 8:30, 10:30, and 12:30. They pick-up at 6:30, 8:45 and 10:30. They only let you off at epcot and from there you can take buses or monorails to the other parks. The only thing about the shuttle is that if you go early its an extremely long day so be prepared. And also the only firework show you can see is at epcot @ 9pm, because the others start too late @ 10pm. The hotel also has shuttles to universal and sea world but they cost $14 and $16. I recommend renting a car because there is so much to do and see but everything is too far to walk to and cabs get expensive. There is only 1 restuarant in the hotel, even though they advertise several, and there is a small gift shop with snacks. The rooms do not have microwaves or ridges but you can rent them for $5 plus tax a day. The bathroom was small with only a shower. I had a good time at the Ramada and for the price I paid it was well worth it. If you go to Florida and plan on doing the parks BRING COMFORTABLE SHOES and plenty of cash. O yeah and have fun!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

Not Bad

Good
Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My husband and I stayed here during a AAA trip to Daytona Speedway for our 25th anniversary. The hotel was very nice the room was clean and fresh. We had a fridge delivered to keep our drinks cold. Any questions we had were answered to our satisfaction.

The breakfast buffet was dissapointing, but we still enjoyed what was offered.

The pool was refreshing and the area always clean.

The in-room safe did not work which was a little inconvenient, but not a big deal.

Much better than the hotel we stayed at 25 years ago on our honeymoon."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of July 2008

terrible service + spiders

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"I am giving this hotel an "Okay" because it saved my boyfriend and I alot of money on a last minute trip. The website looked good and considerign the hotel had just been renovated, we thought, "how bad could it be?"
We arrived to be checked into a room with 2 double beds, when we specifically and repeatedly reserved and requested a king bed. When we checked the bathroom, we found that there was no shower head; literally a metal pipe sticking out of the wall. No shower head, nothing!
Our patience would have been greater if we had not been exhausted from spending an enitre day in the heat at Universal. All we wanted to do was shower and sleep and neither was within our reach because of the horrible room they had given us.
When I called the front desk to let them know the conditions of the room they had given us, they said they had no more king bedrooms available and if we wanted, we could go speak to a manager in the lobby. We packed up the car again and when we spoke to the manager she was rude, loud, and didn't even look at me when she spoke. She only addressed my boyfriend when I was the one who was speaking to her and dealing with the problem. She was the rudest manager I had ever encountered! No wonder the hotel is terrible! She finally asked if we wanted a room on the 1st or 2nd floor and when we requested 2nd floor, she proceeded to tell us there were no more rooms on the 2nd floor. Why offer something when you don't even have it? After a few minutes, the nasty manager calmed down and gave us a new room.
We checked out the room and found a kind bed (woohoo) and the bathroom was much larger than before, a plus, except for the spider and spider web in the shower. We killed that spider and thought nothing more until I found another 2 small spiders near the air conditioning unit, which, by the way, sounded like jet planes taking off.
The next day my boyfriend went in to the lobby to ask them to please make sure our room was cleaned thoroughly and the front desk lady proceeded to instruct my boyfriend on critters in Florida. Being natives of the state, we needed no updates, just the room cleaned. After the lesson, she said she would make sure it was cleaned properly.
When returning to our room much later that night, we found the same dead spiders by the air conditioning unit...the room was not cleaned as it should have been.
The only plus about this hotel was that it was $49/night but thats about it. I will sacrifice a few extra dollars next time to stay somewhere clean and with friendly staff...not at this dump!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

Not bad at all for the price.

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"My wife and I (no kids) just finished up a week long stay here, and overall were quite satisfied with the Ramada Celebration (Formerly Orlando Sun Resort)

Negatives: The front desk seemed very understaffed, I only ever saw one employee there at any point. I had to wait about 15 minutes when checking in, with only two parties in front of me. In our building complex, three of four of the ice machines were not functioning, so we had to walk a bit whenever we wanted ice. No room service available. You definitely need a car here, not much to do within walking distance, and the complex itself is huge.

Positives: Grounds looked great, well maintained. Room was clean, housekeeping service was very good- no problems. Parking was free and convenient. Shower was hot and strong. AC was good. No problems with any neighbors, even when very busy for a few nights. Very close/convenient to Disney and I-4. Pools looked good.

I had a great low price from Hotwire, and came to the Ramada with low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised with a good hotel at a good price."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2008

Never Again

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"The hotel lobby is very nice to look at, but one you get in the room it's another story. We stayed at this hotel from 6/21/08 through 6/25/08. Well when we got to the room we found out there was no bath tub only a shower; I had to ask if they had a room with a tub so I can bath my 3 yr old child. Well I was told they can look but it would decrease my closet if they had one ( of course no rooms). The room was to have a mini frig. in it and there was NO mini frig. The only thing House keeping did was straighten the bed & replace the towels. They never took the dirty coffee cups. The same coffee cups sat on the tray for 4 days and was never replaced with clean ones. We even has to ask for blankets , the beds only came with sheets. On the 2nd day the air cond, broke. Maybe the hotel needs to spend money on updating the rooms instead of the lobby. Oh we also had ants in the bathroom."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of July 2008

Horrible Time

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"This hotel was horrible. My husband and I were here for our honeymoon and it was ruined due to our stay at this hotel. The buffet was never open, we had cockroaches in our room, and the next room we went to the air broke and we had to have it fixed. It was an all in all horrible and a stressful stay. It was just a flat out horrible and stressful time. I will never recommend anyone to stay at this hotel ever!"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2008

Saved my vacation!!!!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Upon abruptly checking out of the Palms Villas and Suites on Parkway at midnight b/c of bugs, stained sheets and unsatifactory sleeping conditions, my family (my sister and 4 kids!!!) drove down the road and pulled in at the Ramada (formerly the Orlando Sun Resort)! :) Thank goodness they had a room available for immediate check in at $59/night!!! :) Okay so there was no separate bedroom or kitchen but it was CLEAN!!! It smelled fresh! The sheets were clean and thick, the blankets were soft and the staff was FABULOUS!!! We got a fridge and a cot delievered to our room, extra linens and supplies and we were set! After driving out of the Palms with tears in my eyes thinking that our Disney vaca was ruined, pulling in at the Orlando Sun Resort brought hope and ended up being a FABULOUS HOTEL!!! :)"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2008