Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

7470 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1721

Suggestion!

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"I just returned from a one night stay in the Ramada Plaza Hotel Orlando - Inn Gateway on October 30, 2004. I had two rooms. One in the Plaza Building and the other in the Inn Gateway section. The rooms were considerably different from each other. The Plaza Hotel room was dirty and in need of some serious remodeling. To my surprise, the Inn Gateway room was very clean, bigger than the Plaza one, and it appeared to be recently refurbished. Follow this suggestion and do not pay the extra money to stay in the Plaza. I paid $46.00 for the Inn room and $60.00 for the Plaza one. Hope this helps ! :)"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of November 2004

terrible hotel

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"Please be advised that this hotel is not what it seems. Their shuttle service never had enough buses to take all the people. They only had limited service and we found we ourselves waiting more than a couple of hours for a ride to epcot. The hotel did nothing to help the people staying with transportation problems. The shuttle service would take people willing to pay more for their transportation. We found our room to be marginally clean. Behind the curtain was alot of dead insects. We were unfortunate to have gone to florida during hurricane Charley and we lost power. We had to go up to the sixth floor after 10:00 pm and there were not any emergency lights on the outside stairways. It was very bad and very dangerous. You didn't know if anyone else was on the stairs or not.It's not that they didn't work it's they didn't even have any lights at all. We feel that the staff could have made the stay much less stressful if they cared too. Also, we didn't meet anyone staying there who was happy with their accomadations."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of September 2004

GREAT HOTEL FOR A CHEAP PRICE!!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We were a little scared to stay in the Ramada Plaza Inn after reading all the reviews. We stayed in the inn part for 5 days from August 22nd. We had a great stay! If you are expecting a fancy Disney resort, this is not it. But it was a nice *** hotel. We got it from hotel and it was VERY cheap!! Our room had a table, 2 chairs, a small fridge, a hot shower, and good air conditioning. The maid service was great, our room was very clean (no bugs!) and we got more shampoo and soap everyday. The pools were good-there are 2 pools, one big heated pool, and a smaller Mickey shaped pool by the inn rooms. But they close at 10 PM. We liked staying in the inn part because we parked our car right in front of our room. There are racquetball and pool tables near the pools too. We didn’t eat in the restaurant or bar so we can’t comment on that. The hotel staff was helpful, they gave us directions, wake-up service, and answered our questions about Disney hours etc. We were very close to Disney World, we turned right out of the hotel on highway 192 and then turned right on World Drive and we were there in 15-20 minutes. We didn’t have to go on highway 4 which always has traffic. We would recommend this hotel. We had a great stay for a cheap price. But, we weren’t in the hotel too much (we stayed in the Disney World parks most of the day)."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of September 2004

The reviews made me almost change reservations

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Stayed August 6th-15th 2004 ( yes we were in Fl. for the Hurricane!)
After reading the bad reviews, I was really nervous and almost changed my reservations. So....I will give the good news first. We had a much later arrival than originally planned due to flight changes. We got to the hotel around 1:30 am. Easy check in, needed extra pillows and they were very prompt at getting us them. The room was great. King size bed, mini kitchen, table with two chairs, chair and ottoman etc. Very comfortable( we stayed in the plaza). For the price that we paid through our vacation package...this was great. Was it all new? No. But it was very very comfortable. The air conditioner in our room was fantastic. It actually got way too cold!!! Also, the staff that we met were fantastic. Overworked however..that brings me to the bad. Not too bad I don't think. The bar and restaurant are not open all the time and the front desk people cannot tell you when they are open. We planned on going to the bar Tues night...it was closed. So was the restaurant. We asked when it would be open..they told us Thursday evening!!!! So...we planned to go out and on wed. when we returned to the hotel..they were both open! One night we went to the bar and one girl ( who was really nice and a good server/bartender) was the bartender in the bar and the waitress for the rest. Also, we ordered pizza one night in the deli and one girl was working...making sandwiches, pizzas etc. It was busy as the rest. was closed, and our pizza burnt or something since she was the only one working! However, she was great , and we did not mind waiting for another ( it was not the best pizza though) and she gave us a free drink for waiting. We were at a friends the night of the hurricane, so I have no idea how they dealt with that...the karaoke was fun in the bar...the staff like I said was great, comfortable rooms. We never did use the pool although it looked nice. I recommend the place if you are on a lower budget. The location is great and there are so many rest. you can go to. I was happy with it over all. Oh...the breakfast buffet was cold and although they advertised a fitness room, there was not one...at least to my knowledge, we never asked. I also thought I read they had two pools, I believe there was only one. Not positive though. If you are looking for a glamorous vacation, skip it. Looking for a nice comfy affordable place to stay at and enjoy hte parks..go for it."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of August 2004

Checking in was terrible, otherwise service was good.

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"I stayed at the Ramada Plaza & Inn Gateway April 10-15, 2004. Upon arriving at the Plaza, we discovered that the 2 rooms I had reserved were not side by side, which I had requested when I made the reservation. We had to wait about 2 hours before our rooms were ready.

Also, I had an argument with the desk clerk about our full breakfast vouchers that were included in the room. She insists our rate only covers continental. I insisted to her that the hotel website advertises the rate with a full breakfast. I ended up having to talk with the manager who gave me no problem in giving me the correct vouchers.

The rooms were clean and functional. They did not look like what was displayed on their website, which was disappointing. However, despite the issues, the stay was enjoyable. The restaurant staff were especially friendly. I would suggest they find someone that can make waffles though."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of August 2004

good hotel for the price!!!

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"I too was a little apprehensive after reading the reviews of this hotel on this website, I was pleasantly suprised. It was very clean and our Inn room looked like it had recently been renovated. The room size was nice with a large television and a large dresser. The room was clean and housekeeping did a great job tidying it up every day. The pools were both very nice and the location couldn't be better, just minutes away from Disney World. I would definately stay here again. One negative was the breakfast buffet, not worth the price to me - but at this location you are close to alot of other restaurants.

Give this lovely hotel a try!!"

• Travel date: Sun 30th of May 2004

Would go there again.... without a doubt

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"After reading some of the reviews I became slightly apprehensive about staying here, even though my boyfriend told me not to be so silly! However on arriving, extremely exhausted, I was very pleasantly surprised and very happy with the choice we made. It wasn't the Ritz and don't go there thinking you'll get great views of Disney - as you won't but the rooms were roomy, comfy, emaculate and cleaned every day plus the hotel had everything you needed; 2 pools, bar, restaurant, deli bar - great muffins and pizzas (!) plus free transportation to Disney - what more could you ask for, for such great value. Having stayed there for two weeks in one of the Inn rooms we enjoyed every minute of our stay and would fully recommend to anyone. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of May 2004

Great Location to Disney and shops. I was pleased this was our hotel

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Our family stayed at the Ramada gateway for three nights last week and we were very pleased. I had some fears after reading some of these posts as well, so I wasn't expecting too much.
Truth is, this is a decient hotel for a great price in a great location!
You are no kidding right around the corner from the Diney World Main Entrance. Magic Kingdom and MGM are literally 2 minutes aways. We had a room in the inn and it was very comfortable, very basic room but that is all we need. The swimming pools are very nice! The hotel is located on the strip and is close to all kinds of food and gift stores. We did have a fire ant problem in our room but we were quickly provided another room to move into. The staff was friendly and very helpful. I would recommend this hotel and will stay again for the price $50/night for the inn rooms is not a bad deal."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of May 2004

Not really what you think

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"We stayed here a while ago just for a night. Everything is not what it seems. The pictures are VERY convincing. The lobby may have a fountain, marble and a grand piano... But, that dosen't mean you'll know you will be riding the two mirrored elevator doors up to that nice looking tower. We ended up staying in a motel room. The rooms are not the best. Tower rooms would have probably been better, but for the discount.... I am sure its the same but with a nicer view. To start off, the rooms had very old televisions. The T.V's even had TV boxes. For a hotel, thats not very modern. The beds seemed okay but not the best. Obviously, the rooms aren't perfectly clean. My mind is a bit blury on how the restrooms looked. I say they might need to fix it up a little. Overall, I think this hotel is moderate for such a "PLAZA HOTEL." It seems like a place with stage props."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of May 2004

Good Location for the Budget Disney Goer!

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"I have to admit I was nervous about our reservation after reading some of the reviews on this website, but we found the hotel to be just fine!
We stayed 6 nights at the Ramada Plaza Hotel and Inn, we were located on the 6th floor of the Plaza Building. The room was good sized and clean, it also offered a mini fridge and microwave. Was this the most beautiful hotel I've ever stayed in? No it wasn't, but it's location to disney was perfect! The cleaning staff made sure our room was tidy every day, I asked for extra pillows and when we came back to the room they were there. I would recommend this hotel if you are on a budget and want to be close to disney, it was close enough to return to the hotel for a midday nap!"

• Travel date: Sun 18th of April 2004

This hotel/Inn is situated on the 192 li...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2007

"This hotel/Inn is situated on the 192 literally minutes away from the Disney parks. You really can't get much closer than this, other than by staying in a Disney Resort Hotel! It’s in a great location.

The Hotel is split into 2 main parts, the tower part - which is the relatively expensive part and the Inn which is situated behind the tower. I think the Inn is more convenient because you are able to park your car just outside of your room. Expect to pay £40+ per night to stay in the tower we paid £20 per night to stay room only in the Inn.

We have stayed in many hotels on the 192 and this hotel is pretty much the same as the rest. Although given a 3 star rating, I think this refers to the tower part of the complex. The rooms are what you would expect with two king size beds, very clean and air conditioned.

The room had a fridge which is very useful, but no safe! (Last year I paid $10 per night to have a fridge put into our room.) The bathroom looked like it had recently been refurbished.

The hotel has 2 pools. The main one heated and the smaller one not heated. It has a games room and decent restaurant, although we found it cheaper to eat elsewhere.

I encountered one problem that I have never come across before. My American neighbour had 2 dogs staying with her. Their mess was left outside my room for the duration of my 6 night stay. Every time we entered or left the room, you could smell dog mess. So 2 problems really; 1. it would have been nice if ground staff had cleared it away and 2. do you like the thought of animals being in your hotel room?

Don't be put off by the mess. As I’ve previously said I have never come across this before and other than that, the hotel is good and I would recommend friends to stay there. I've rated the hotel a 6. I would have rated it 8 (for the value/Cleanliness/Location, etc...) it’s just those dogs!"

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of December 2007

Excellent location for convenience of al...

Reviewed Thu 27th of September 2007

"Excellent location for convenience of all Disney parks and Universal. Directly on the 192 and easily found from Sanford Airport.

Arrived late Sunday evening but despite picking up car after long haul flight found the hotel without much trouble after directions from the travel agent at airport.

Impressive reception area with helpful concierge desk. Room was one of the motel type rooms, with parking directly outside the door. Rooms spacious and clean, with all amenities.

No complaints whatsoever with service. Restaurant offered good value food, albeit slightly more expensive for breakfast buffet than the surrounding restaurants like Sizzlers and Angus Steak Bar.

Free safe deposit facility which was appreciated.

Would definitely consider staying there again on another trip to Orlando."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of September 2007

Hotels near Ramada Kissimmee Gateway

Stayed at Ramada Kissimmee Gateway? Share your insight.

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway is also called