About Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee by The Lake

• french amenities
  • german amenities
  • spanish amenities

Good

We booked 2 rooms for a week at the Qual...

Reviewed Mon 30th of July 2007

"We booked 2 rooms for a week at the Quality Inn Main gate West for July 19th this year.

When we arrived (21:15 PM) we were told that only 1 room had been booked and that there was no way we could get a second, although we had the confirmation clearly stating the correct dates and had already paid.

The young guy on the front desk was very rude and point blank refused to find us another room, therefore my partner had to drive around with 3 young children at 10 PM looking for a hotel room, while I stayed and demanded to see a manager.

When my partner returned they had miraculously found us another room. Great! until we went into the room. The carpet was soaked wet from the door in and there was a terrible damp smell in the room. This was not an isolated case as my sister-in-law was on the other side of the hotel and her room also had a bad smell.

After 1 night we could not stand the damp smell and checked out the following morning to find another hotel. The day time front desk staff were a lot friendlier than the young man the previous night. It was a shame that I was so angry I forgot to get his name.

It is definitely the worst hotel I have stayed in out of the 12 hotels I have visited in Kissimmee and it will be the first and last time that I will stay at a Quality Inn."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

This was our first family vacation. Aft...

Reviewed Sat 31st of March 2007

"This was our first family vacation. After a 24 hour drive and a car break down, we just wanted to check-in and say goodnight. My 7 yr old already slept in the car and my husband could hardly see. We arrived at the hotel at about 10:45p.m. I went to check-in and only got the key to my room at 11:30 if not a little later. Although we arrived a day late, i did notify the hotel the previous day before 4p.m. that we still would like to stay 2 nights and not to cancel our reservations.

Well, so I got the key, but to the wrong room. I asked for a ground floor room: non-smoking: 2 beds. I got smoking kingsize. So, there went another half hour trying to explain what I reserved. Finally we got the right key, to a room on the third ground. Can you imagine: a sleeping 7 yrs old, half awake husband and luggage. Elevator out of service at the time. Fun!

My advice for the hotel is to have more staff available at evening/night time, as this is when most travelers arrive. Waiting over an hour to get to a bed is just too much.
I understand that Spanish is the 2nd language, but it is frustrating when the front desk staff doesn't understand when you are trying to tell them and answer you in a language you don't speak: Spanish.

The next morning as we were getting ready to go to Disney for a couple of hours:
1. Shower / drain wouldn't work properly
2. Cleaning personnel asked us to leave because we were not supposed to be there anymore. It was past our check-out time. We advised that we were staying another night and if they could come back in 15 minutes to tidy up the room.

When we came back, 1. Our key wouldn't work, 2. When it finally did (making the trip around to the desk wasn't fun - doing it 3 times), the room was not made up. I called the front desk and couldn't talk to the manager, no service personnel was on duty - NOTHING.

We got another room - right beside the first one, so it wasn't too bad moving our things. Finally the manager called the next day, offering me a discount: well I only did pay 30$USD per night - but got no rest.

The rooms it-self at check in were kept pretty clean, but the service was horrible. I know a lot of people rate the hotel by comparing it to a 5* Bahamas hotel, but I a budget traveler, and this was by far the worst service I received.

If you have the time to waste on check-in and service, I would recommend the hotel because the rooms are not bad, it's just the service.

• Travel date: Sat 31st of March 2007

The charter flight out was brilliant, lo...

Reviewed Mon 26th of March 2007

"The charter flight out was brilliant, lovely wide bodied plane, excellent seat span that beats many of the scheduled airlines. The flight back, all I can say is oh my lord one of the worse charter experiences ever. I got out of my seat twice during a 10 hr flight.

We found the hotel disappointing. Firstly the rooms aren’t very clean. There should be white sheets and pillowcases are not pressed and the towels very grey in colour, smelly and dingy. It’s the dirt around the edges yuck! Also the rooms facing the side roads have absolutely no sound proofing and traffic thunders by all day and night. The fridges either freeze everything or keep it tepid

We also stayed at a Best western independently that was far superior. The restaurant had deffo seen better days and the bar is so over priced. I paid $3.50 for half of flat insipid lager.

If you want pure unadulterated tourism stay in Kissimmee, even the Americans think its awful and the prices reflect that all they want is your money.

• Travel date: Mon 26th of March 2007

This was our third time to Orlando and g...

Reviewed Wed 7th of March 2007

"This was our third time to Orlando and got what we expected.

We don’t believe in spending a great deal of money on accommodation, as the theme parks cost enough as it is with 2 grown children.

The room was clean but nowhere to hang clothes again which is typical in motels.

I found the air con very noisy again and curtains don’t always cover windows completely. Free coffee and tea is supplied in room and towels are always clean.

I would not recommended this hotel to families with children who like to pop to the pool on there own, as you have to cross the car park and road but as I have said, this holiday is great if you need to watch your money.

I only paid 1500 for a family of four with car hire and insurance,no theme park tickets included in this price and I travelled with first choice.

Having now been 3 times and due to fly out again jan 2008, I recommend that you shop around for villas, as these rooms are a nightmare for my husband, with 3 girls and 1 mirror and 1 sink - good luck."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of March 2007

This was our first holiday abroad and wa...

Reviewed Wed 7th of June 2006

"This was our first holiday abroad and was going to be really special! We paid just over three thousand pounds for 3 adults and one child just for flight and room so were expecting somewhere decent to sleep. We arrived at the hotel after two hours of driving and a 10 hour flight to find a filthy room with paint work flaking off, mould round windows slimy beds and the bathroom was really disgusting we burst into tears!

My husband tried to stay positive and went to find the rep who had gone home the hotel said we would have to wait till the next day. We all decided we could not sleep there so went driving for 2 hours looking for another hotel but they were all booked as it was spring break there, although some would have rooms the next day. We had to return to the hotel that evening but even my 16 year old daughter and friend would not sleep in the bed they lay their beach towels on top.

The next day the rep arrived and showed my husband another room that was of exactly the same standard when my husband asked the rep would he be willing to sleep there he said yes because he was poor! My husband and I were disgusted with this attitude as we are not well off but had saved for years for our Dream holiday.

The rep said he couldn’t move us hotels for 4 days so we booked out and checked ourselves into the Seralago hotel! This was the best thing or our holiday would have been ruined it cost us 1 thousand dollars the Seralago we moved to was 3 star but was clean and comfortable and the staff friendly. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy! We took photographs of the room and on this we received 6hundred pound voucher from first choice."

• Travel date: Wed 7th of June 2006

The flight was pretty poor, a really sma...

Reviewed Tue 4th of April 2006

"The flight was pretty poor, a really small plane and although we had door seats with leg room on the way out - it meant that there was no TV that we could see from our seats. After a nine hour flight I was bored to tears. The food was terrible too - worse than usual.

The hotel itself was fine really, just what you'd expect from an American two star. It was very basic but had a good TV, nice shower and was kept really clean. The pool was lovely.

If you are going to Disney, then this is a really well located hotel as it is only a few miles up the road. However, if you want to spend time shopping on International Drive then pick another hotel as it was about an hours drive.

All in all, fantastic holiday and now that I'm back, the poor flights are a dim and distant memory. I'd recommend to all ages - we are 25 and 27."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of April 2006

Not our first choice of hotel, as it end...

Reviewed Thu 29th of December 2005

"Not our first choice of hotel, as it ended up being allocation on arrival. Not at all disappointed with the hotel, although it was rather quiet, which had it's own advantages.

We didn't have much need for communication with the staff, but when we did need to ask questions etc they were very helpful.

The room was nice with a good view of the lake etc and was kept clean. The hotel offered free transport to Disney, which was handy, useful and helpful.

The hotel was walking distance from many restaurants and shops and all the locals were very friendly.

On arrival at the hotel, after a not particularly enjoyable flight, my heart sank when the receptionist informed me that they had lost our reservation. This was, however, quickly rectified and he couldn't be more apologetic about the situation.

Due to this we were offered breakfast by the hotel, even though we had booked as self catering.

It also turned out that this was not by fault of the hotel, rather by the tour operator.

In fact the only bad part of the holiday was having chosen 'MyTravel' to go with. They could not have been more unprofessional if they had tried and I would not recommend them."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of December 2005

Decent and clean

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Read the reports before we went, so we were a little worried about some of the comments. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the bathroom was spotless. Housekeeping staff very pleasant, and efficient. Some of the reception staff were at times unfriendly, but this was the exeption rather than the rule. communal areas and pool clean and tidy also, breakfast ok. In general a good no nonsense quiet hotel. Excellent value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2005

Really Good had a happy stay

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Was really good and i would advise you to go there. The location is sooooo good, just a 10 min drive away from DISNEY!!!! Also it is about a 1 min walk away from a mini golf place. The breakfast was ok, the room was well kept and clean. Do not listen to all the other reviews, this place is good, not 5 star but good. It is great if you are on a budget, you will get more than you paid for. For all the golfers it is close to a golf resort, just 5 mins away, that a 5 min drive. the internet access is poor the gift shop is average but still a con, but that is not really why you would come th florida is is? So i say you do stay in this pleaseant hotel and do not listen to the bad reports, as some are probably just done by kids.

Would go again had a really nice stay, cool pool by the way. This report is one of the way i would like to show my gratatude to the best budget hotel in Florida.

Have a nice stay"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of March 2005

Rubbish, DON'T GO THERE - Unfriendly, Unclean and Dangerous

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"If your planning on going there dont go, i went there in Summer 2004 and Quality Inn might have been cheap in price but was awful. When we had an accident in our room we were greeted by unfriendly personel and the breakfast was awful - bagels, nasty orange juice and stale bread. Our rented car was nearly stolen in the car park of Quality Inn also there swimming pool was dirty (Dead animals). When we asked the staff to clean our room they refused and did not clean it and we were angry about this. If you are reading this review take a tip and dont ruin your holiday by staying at the Quality Inn Maingate West. Awful!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of February 2005

Excellent base for Orlando

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Ignore the 1 star reviews! This is a 2 star Hotel, but a good one.
Clean, basic and very affordable. Excellent service at reception, very friendly. Room cleaned daily, fresh towels may not be big fluffy expensive ones, but you know what...they still dry you and they are clean!
Breakfast is a simple bagels, doughnuts, toast, cereal and muffins. Excellent for an included service.
Location is great, on the 192 just over a mile from I4 and disney.
I would advise to stay on the 192 on this side of the I4 and not international drive (unless you like blackpool in florida style)

All in all a great little hotel for a budget"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of January 2005

Clean, Well Kept Property

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"The Quality Inn Maingate West is a clean, well kept and a friendly staffed hotel. If you are looking to save a few dollars, this is the place! Keep in mind it is not a three or four star hotel! The hotel is rated as a two star and meets the basic necessities. If you are looking for down comforters, mints on your pillow and a door man, I suggest looking elsewhere."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of December 2004