Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee by The Lake

7785 W Us 192 Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1727

Decent and clean

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Read the reports before we went, so we were a little worried about some of the comments. We were pleasantly surprised. The room was clean, the bathroom was spotless. Housekeeping staff very pleasant, and efficient. Some of the reception staff were at times unfriendly, but this was the exeption rather than the rule. communal areas and pool clean and tidy also, breakfast ok. In general a good no nonsense quiet hotel. Excellent value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of March 2005

Really Good had a happy stay

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Was really good and i would advise you to go there. The location is sooooo good, just a 10 min drive away from DISNEY!!!! Also it is about a 1 min walk away from a mini golf place. The breakfast was ok, the room was well kept and clean. Do not listen to all the other reviews, this place is good, not 5 star but good. It is great if you are on a budget, you will get more than you paid for. For all the golfers it is close to a golf resort, just 5 mins away, that a 5 min drive. the internet access is poor the gift shop is average but still a con, but that is not really why you would come th florida is is? So i say you do stay in this pleaseant hotel and do not listen to the bad reports, as some are probably just done by kids.

Would go again had a really nice stay, cool pool by the way. This report is one of the way i would like to show my gratatude to the best budget hotel in Florida.

Have a nice stay"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of March 2005

Rubbish, DON'T GO THERE - Unfriendly, Unclean and Dangerous

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"If your planning on going there dont go, i went there in Summer 2004 and Quality Inn might have been cheap in price but was awful. When we had an accident in our room we were greeted by unfriendly personel and the breakfast was awful - bagels, nasty orange juice and stale bread. Our rented car was nearly stolen in the car park of Quality Inn also there swimming pool was dirty (Dead animals). When we asked the staff to clean our room they refused and did not clean it and we were angry about this. If you are reading this review take a tip and dont ruin your holiday by staying at the Quality Inn Maingate West. Awful!"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of February 2005

Excellent base for Orlando

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"Ignore the 1 star reviews! This is a 2 star Hotel, but a good one.
Clean, basic and very affordable. Excellent service at reception, very friendly. Room cleaned daily, fresh towels may not be big fluffy expensive ones, but you know what...they still dry you and they are clean!
Breakfast is a simple bagels, doughnuts, toast, cereal and muffins. Excellent for an included service.
Location is great, on the 192 just over a mile from I4 and disney.
I would advise to stay on the 192 on this side of the I4 and not international drive (unless you like blackpool in florida style)

All in all a great little hotel for a budget"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of January 2005

Clean, Well Kept Property

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"The Quality Inn Maingate West is a clean, well kept and a friendly staffed hotel. If you are looking to save a few dollars, this is the place! Keep in mind it is not a three or four star hotel! The hotel is rated as a two star and meets the basic necessities. If you are looking for down comforters, mints on your pillow and a door man, I suggest looking elsewhere."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of December 2004

Okay...

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I went there with my cousin in the last weekend of October. I was a okay hotel. What I didnt liked was how the hotel was builed, the rooms faced the outside, no corridors, when you went outside of the room, you went right outside.

The reason why I am mentioning this is because the first night we stayed there, some stranger knocked on our door, we asked who it was, but he didnt answer. I looked outside, and it was an officer or something, he was uniformed. I left eventually. The incident was kinda kreepy.

We had reserved a non smoking room, but hell it smelled like someone was smoking right next to you, god it was a nasty smell, all over the room. I hated it, because I used to be allergic to smoking, but I am good now, but anyway. That was not impressive at all!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of December 2004

Great, Would go back.

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"Spent 2 weeks here and loved it. The location is brilliant for all the parks. The staff are lovely, from the cleaners to reception (esp Damien ) and not to forget Mel!
The Breakfasts were good, but if not to your taste lots of alternatives near by.
A lovely, clean fair sized pool.
The only thing i can fault about this hotel, was the phone calls were very dear. So get a phonecard from the shop in the hotel $5 for a hour!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of November 2004

Excellent value for money

Reviewed Wed 10th of October 2012

"As a travel agent I have stayed in several motels in the Kissimmee area during the last 3 years. My family and I have just returned from a weeks stay here. We booked our accommodation last minute and at under £15 per room per night were expecting extremely basic accommodation. Our room was on the ground floor directly opposite the pool and to our surprise was extremely clean and comfortable. The maid service was fantastic and although we did not have a fridge or microwave there were ice and drink machines in every corridor.
The location of the hotel is great only a few minutes from Disney's maingate with shops, supermarket and restaurants all within a minutes walk.
I would definately recommend this hotel to anyone looking or a cheap, clean and comfortable place to stay. Luxury it is not, but for excellent value for money it would get my vote everytime!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of October 2004

My wife stayed here - Oops

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"My wife stayed for one week - just got back from visiting our son. Wouldn't stay there again. Holes in towels, paper thin sheets, terrible continental breakfast, she looked at it and that was enough.

We booked it through Priceline for $35. They rated it as a 2 star. It deserves below a one for overall cleanliness and a 1 for the price we paid."

• Travel date: Fri 8th of October 2004

Great location,Great value for money.

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"We stayed in the Quality Inn a few weeks ago and whilst basic it is by no means terrible. Our room did lack a fridge which meant that we weren't able to keep chilled products in our room but the ice machine was always full and the shop located in the lobby was open until fairly late. Whilst the reception staff weren't overly nice they were pleasant and the maintenance staff were always a pleasure. The rooms were clean and comfortable although ours did smell a little smokey. The beds were of high quality and provided for an excellent nights sleep. Breakfst was te best we've had at a motel and surrounding the motel are many many fast food places such as Burger King and McDonalds along with places for more sustantial meals such as TGI Fridays, Shoneys and plenty of steakhouses. The tourist guide wasn't very helpful however and some other guests helped us with our transportation with some tips I hope you find useful. At the motel there are a limited amount of shuttles to sea world universal and disney (all free) however if you'd rather go to one of the outlet malls (Belz and Orlando premium) or perhaps Wet and Wild for the day then get on the free shuttle to Seaworld and hop on the iride trolley that for 75c will take you anywhere on international drive. The shuttles are reliable, frequent and fun and give you a load more opportunities for little cost. Just make sure you're back in time for the shuttle from SeaWorld back home. It's a hefty taxi fair!"

• Travel date: Fri 9th of July 2004

We booked 2 rooms for a week at the Qual...

Reviewed Mon 30th of July 2007

"We booked 2 rooms for a week at the Quality Inn Main gate West for July 19th this year.

When we arrived (21:15 PM) we were told that only 1 room had been booked and that there was no way we could get a second, although we had the confirmation clearly stating the correct dates and had already paid.

The young guy on the front desk was very rude and point blank refused to find us another room, therefore my partner had to drive around with 3 young children at 10 PM looking for a hotel room, while I stayed and demanded to see a manager.

When my partner returned they had miraculously found us another room. Great! until we went into the room. The carpet was soaked wet from the door in and there was a terrible damp smell in the room. This was not an isolated case as my sister-in-law was on the other side of the hotel and her room also had a bad smell.

After 1 night we could not stand the damp smell and checked out the following morning to find another hotel. The day time front desk staff were a lot friendlier than the young man the previous night. It was a shame that I was so angry I forgot to get his name.

It is definitely the worst hotel I have stayed in out of the 12 hotels I have visited in Kissimmee and it will be the first and last time that I will stay at a Quality Inn."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of July 2007

This was our first family vacation. Aft...

Reviewed Sat 31st of March 2007

"This was our first family vacation. After a 24 hour drive and a car break down, we just wanted to check-in and say goodnight. My 7 yr old already slept in the car and my husband could hardly see. We arrived at the hotel at about 10:45p.m. I went to check-in and only got the key to my room at 11:30 if not a little later. Although we arrived a day late, i did notify the hotel the previous day before 4p.m. that we still would like to stay 2 nights and not to cancel our reservations.

Well, so I got the key, but to the wrong room. I asked for a ground floor room: non-smoking: 2 beds. I got smoking kingsize. So, there went another half hour trying to explain what I reserved. Finally we got the right key, to a room on the third ground. Can you imagine: a sleeping 7 yrs old, half awake husband and luggage. Elevator out of service at the time. Fun!

My advice for the hotel is to have more staff available at evening/night time, as this is when most travelers arrive. Waiting over an hour to get to a bed is just too much.
I understand that Spanish is the 2nd language, but it is frustrating when the front desk staff doesn't understand when you are trying to tell them and answer you in a language you don't speak: Spanish.

The next morning as we were getting ready to go to Disney for a couple of hours:
1. Shower / drain wouldn't work properly
2. Cleaning personnel asked us to leave because we were not supposed to be there anymore. It was past our check-out time. We advised that we were staying another night and if they could come back in 15 minutes to tidy up the room.

When we came back, 1. Our key wouldn't work, 2. When it finally did (making the trip around to the desk wasn't fun - doing it 3 times), the room was not made up. I called the front desk and couldn't talk to the manager, no service personnel was on duty - NOTHING.

We got another room - right beside the first one, so it wasn't too bad moving our things. Finally the manager called the next day, offering me a discount: well I only did pay 30$USD per night - but got no rest.

The rooms it-self at check in were kept pretty clean, but the service was horrible. I know a lot of people rate the hotel by comparing it to a 5* Bahamas hotel, but I a budget traveler, and this was by far the worst service I received.

If you have the time to waste on check-in and service, I would recommend the hotel because the rooms are not bad, it's just the service.

• Travel date: Sat 31st of March 2007

Hotels near Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee by The Lake

Stayed at Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee by The Lake? Share your insight.

Quality Inn & Suites Kissimmee by The Lake is also called