Lobby--Polynesian Isles

Really lovely resort

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"I stayed at the sunterra polynesian isle resort for 2 weeks from the 2nd of June with my parents my boyfriend and my brother. Its a beautiful resort, smaller than other resorts ive stayed in but it had everything we needed. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment and there was plenty of space for the 5 of us, it had all the mod cons we needed and ther is a washing machine and dryer located on each floor, bear in mind there are only 2 apts per floor. The place was spotless and I only have a few small complaints, we were on the 3rd floor which isnt really a complaint until you r leaving and you have to carry all ur bags down 3 flight if stairs. The cleaners forgot to come and clean on the second week we were there & only remebered us on the tuesday when we were leaving on the friday, it was probably our own fault as we never queried it earlier. My big complaint was as we were staying in this resort as part of a timeshare my parents were required to go to a meeting, which was fine except the person organising the meeting rang at 8.30am on a number of occasions, including the morning after we arrived and woke the whole place up!! All in all it was a very enjoyable stay here, we were right beside the pool and most days we had it to ourselves almost, loads of sunbeds and all very clean. There is also an internet room and a gym over in the lobby which were both very handy especially as we were there for all the rain Alberto brought. There was a good few restaurants within about a 10-15min walk from the resort and walmart was just down the road. I wouldnt hesitate in going back here again"

• Travel date: 20th June 2006

Very nice resort

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"My husband, son and I just returned from a week at the Polynesian Isles. We have a wonderful time! The 2 bedroom condo was great. It had everything you could ask for. The grounds are lovely and the pools are very nice. They also have a small playground for children which was excellent for our 4 year old. We had a fabulous time and would highly recommened this resort to everyone."

• Travel date: 22nd May 2006

Great choice!

Reviewed 14th October 2012

"We were heading to Disney World for 4 days (April 23-28, 2006) and wanted to stay close without paying the high prices of being on site there. We took our 2 kids, aged 10 and 13, and had a great time. The resort was older, but had a basic fitness center with treadmill, stepper and universal weight gym - covered the needs to work out. There were 2 pools, though we only used the one closest to our unit - rectangular from 3' deep to 6' deep. The rooms had a full kitchen (fridge, stove, microwave and pots and pans to use) with breakfast area with stools, a separate dining room, living room, master bedroom (king bed) with large bathroom (big shower), 2nd bedroom with twin beds and main bathroom. There was an apartment size washer and dryer that worked fine, but incredibly noisy. There were 2 screened in balconies - one off the living room and one off the master bedroom. The resort is located a short drive (5 mins) from gas station and Walmart with food store (lots of Disney gear there at half the park prices!). About 7 mins from an outlet store complex and the same distance - different direction - to numerous restaurants. Disney World is a simple, short 15 minute drive from the resort. Though not a new facility, this was a most enjoyable stay - helpful, friendly staff and perfectly located. We will definitely be back to this one!!"

• Travel date: 1st May 2006

Fantastic Deal

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"This is an absolutely fabulous resort. The exterior has a very tropical/polynesian look to it. We stayed in a two bedroom/two bath condo. It was immaculate. I loved the jacuzzi. The pools were heated to a comfortable temperature. It is situated very close to a Wal-Mart for groceries and there are plenty of economically-priced restaurants in the vicinity. The exercise room is small, but the Universal equipment was new. It is conveniently located near Disney and the Outlet Malls. Don't get me wrong, this is not a 5 diamond resort with fancy restaurants, golfing and boating, but I have stayed at 5 diamond resorts and these rooms are actually nicer."

• Travel date: 23rd February 2006

Fantastic Quality

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"I stayed with my family of six at the Polynesian Isle in October. The condo was incredible! The kitchen had wonderful cabinets, stone counter tops, and the dining table had wood carved chairs. The location was perfect. It's two minutes from a Wal-Mart with very cheap gas, and two left turns from the road the circles the Disney locations. I had a sick child during my stay and I asked the front desk for a recomendation for a doctor. They recommended an insta-care facility just a few blocks down the road. The next day they called my room asking how my child was doing, which I thought was nice. The lobby has computers that you can use at an hourly charge, but as another reviewer stated you can go under the radar and use your laptop in the lobby if you have a wireless card. My only complaint was that the pool was a little cold, but that's minor. I'd definitely stay at Polynesian again!"

• Travel date: 28th December 2005

great place - only one minor problem!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We were at this resort for a week in October 2005. It was lovely! Things we liked were - great location, staff very helpful, apartment nice. It was quite a small resort which we enjoyed more than last time we were here when we stayed at Orange Lake which in our opinion is huge and impersonal, altho flashy! Our only issue was that this is the first place where we have had to share a washer / dryer between two apartments. This could lead to some conflicts when both apartments were occupied by families who needed to use the washer daily. It would have been much better to get rid of the dishwasher that was in every apartment and put a clothes washer in instead. This is my only negative, otherwise we had a great stay."

• Travel date: 28th October 2005

Would definitely stay here again!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"We stayed at the Polynesian Isles during Hurricane Jeanne, so the place was a little bit beaten up from the previous hurricane, unfortunately :-(. But the day after the storm, they had everything cleaned up for us to enjoy! I was impressed with that. The rooms are very large, and very affordable. My husband was impressed with my choice. Also, we really didn't get bugged by the staff about buying a time share! That was refreshing."

• Travel date: 6th July 2005

Couldn't do any better!!!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"I bid on a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit in an online auction that many of my friends had used. I was, of course, skeptical, of both the auction and the resort. I won the auction, paying just $200 for the whole week (plus $195 for tax and surcharge to the auction site). After reading other reviews of the place, I relaxed a little. After some of the places my family has stayed in, this sounded too good to be true. I reserved the room from Friday to Friday, but when we got closer to our departure, I realized we wouldn't actually check in until Saturday. Although the auction site said we absolutely could not change dates, I still wanted to inform them I would be a day later than my reservation stated. The sweetest woman answered the phone, found my reservation right away, and even gave me a confirmation number when she noted that I would be arriving a day late. I felt so at ease with the whole situation after just those few minutes on the phone. After driving 16 hours, through thunderstorms, with 3 kids in the back seat, I just wanted a shower and a bed when we pulled in. The security guard met us and directed us where to park and where the office was located. My husband and children stayed in the car while I checked in. Yes, it's that fast. Maybe I was just lucky to get there at a not so busy time? They gave me a ton of information, like directories, maps, suggested restaurants, shopping centers, etc. They gave us a list of activities and an orientation packet that included everything we needed up to and including what to do at check out. We found our building, and quickly went to our first floor unit. The unit was HUGE! As you walk in the door, the 2nd bedroom is to your left, with a bathroom attached. The kitchen is to the right. Although the kitchen is quite small, it had every appliance known to man. The dining area is next to the kitchen, complete with palm tree table and pineapple chairs (how adorable!). The living room is at the end, leading out to a screened in patio. To the left of the living room is the master bedroom, which has it's own bathroom. I've never stayed in a place with a bathroom that big before. We thought we were in heaven! And it was so clean! I'm afraid of bugs, so I always make my husband check mattresses, cabinets, furniture, etc. Nothing was to be found.....and I do mean nothing! Not even a stain. The furniture looked rather new, but the carpeting was somewhat worn....stains in the living room, etc. Nothing major. In fact, it made it feel a little more like home. I would hate to stay somewhere that I was afraid to allow the kids to sit and watch TV for fear of ruining something. The screen on the patio was also ripped a little, but it was a small rip and nothing got in. There was plenty of closet space, and our room came with a safe. The washer and dryer was located in a locked area between our unit and our neighbor's unit. How much more convenient and home-like could it be? We didn't want to leave! Because it rained more than half of the time we were there, we spent a good deal of time renting movies, and swimming in one of the two pools. I'm sad to say, we didn't even look for the playground, although I'm sure my kids would've loved it. I am being completely honest when I tell you that the children were not at all impressed with Disney, and just asked to go back to the resort to swim. The wonderful activities sounded fun, and were quite inexpensive ($1-$3 for most things), but we just didn't have time to do them. They are remodeling several units. It's pretty quiet and serene, but the remodeling makes for a cramped parking and driving area. In fact, our building had 6 units, and only 6 parking spaces were available because of where the equipment was kept. This made it somewhat inconvenient, being that one unit apparently had 3 cars, and only took 1 during the day while the other 2 kept their spaces, leaving us to park our 1 car 2 buildings away. Normally this wouldn't be a problem, but after returning from an all-day outing with 3 sleeping kids, I had to stay at the car while my husband made 3 trips back to carry them to our unit one by one. This wasn't the fault of the resort, but I do believe they should limit parking spaces per unit when more than half of the spaces are not available for use. Or, at the very least, perhaps mention to those with multiple vehicles to rotate the cars daily so others may have occasion to park nearby. I don't believe we will be back in that area anytime in the near future, but I will be staying there if ever we do go back. I've already recommended it to several friends. This is a wonderful, safe, clean environment. I even felt safe allowing my children to play outside while I was making lunch.....something I would NEVER allow at a hotel. The staff is always smiling, waving, saying hello......and very helpful with any and all questions. Even as we loaded up our car yesterday morning, and my youngest daughter locked us out of the unit when we only had about 3 more things to carry out, they were very happy to give us another key to get back in. This was the best place I've ever stayed, all things considered. You will not be disappointed if you stay here!"

• Travel date: 17th June 2005

Greatest Hotel we ever stayed at

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"We stayed at the Polynesian over New Year's Eve 2004/2005. The pictures on different websites looked so pretty, so we booked through the internet. The price was amazingly low which made us a bit sceptical. When we arrived we were checked by a friendly guard who gave us directions to the office. At the reception we were provided with a lot of information material about the resort and the area around. Where to find supermarkets, malls etc. Although this is a time-share resort nobody molested us with selling offers. We really appreciated that. When we reached our ground-floor "apartment" and entered it, we found ourselves jumping around like kids. The kitchen was bigger than the one we have at home, there was a well-laid table prepared for six people with dishes and glasses, nicely decorated, behind that we discovered the Polynesian style living room, a door lead to the separate bedroom from which we could enter the master bathroom passing a walk-in closet. Right next to the main entrance there was a second bathroom. We had window fronts in the living room and the bedroom with windows from the floor up to the ceiling. There were a washing machine and a tumbler, hidden behind white blade doors (correct word?). We couldn't believe our eyes! First we checked our email-confirmation that we had received after the booking. And, yes it said: Deluxe apartment 1,400 sqft. We hadn't kept that in mind. Usually when we are on vacation we dine at restaurants. But, this great kitchen told us: "Use me". And we did - with pleasure. We are from Germany and things in our kitchens are just a bit smaller. Like the stove or the sink or the microwave. We don't have sinks where you can bath a kid in or microwaves where you can "park a car" in. Excuse me, I'm getting carried away here. Later we took a walk around the property. Everything looks pretty, clean and well-maintained. Each and every member of the staff said hello. We used the pool and the hot tub. Just great. And so romantic at night. Unfortunately, we had a car accident late at night (with a deer - luckily it didn't get hurt). We needed a police report for our rental car company because the car was damaged. The staff at the reception helped us so much with that problem and we hadn't even asked for help. They just offered it. Thank you guys, you're great! If we come back to the Orlando/Kissimmee area we will definitely stay at the Polynesian again. One precious hint for all Florida travellers: If you plan a round trip, don't START at the Polynesian. Why? Because after that everything can just be worse. Save the best for last!"

• Travel date: 1st June 2005

Great Resort for Families

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"We just returned from a week at the Polynesian. We got an excellent deal on a two bedroom condo, so decided to book. We were a little nervous because the price was so economical. We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived. The rooms are very spacious. Suite was very clean and had a well-equipped kitchen. Lots of towels provided and a washer/dryer in room. New living room furiture arrived while we were there. The grounds are beautiful and the pool well-maintained. The staff was very helpful. This is a timeshare, but there were no high-pressure salesmen. We were left a message with an invitation to attend sales pitch. Nothing else. There's an onsite security guard at gate, so we felt very secure. There were activities planned during the week. My children enjoyed karoeke night and ice cream by the pool. Conveniently located to all theme parks. It's close enough that we were able to return from Disney in the middle of the day for a rest and swim. We had a great time and will definitely stay here again next time we're in Florida."

• Travel date: 27th May 2005

Hotels near Polynesian Isles Resort

Polynesian Isles Resort is also called

• Diamond Polynesian Isles
  • diamond polynesian isles kissimmee
  • diamond polynesian isles hotel