Parkway International Resort

6200 Safari Trl, Kissimmee, FL 34747-4500

Really nice Resort!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Great Location, children's playground, very clean and big . they have all you need. The pool is fantastic. this is like a 5 star resort. donut and coffee in the morning."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2005

somewhat disappointed!!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Parkway Int'l thru an exchange I did. My husband & I, my girlfriend and her husband stayed for one week. When we arrived to the resort, the staff was very standoffish and weren't very friendly at all. We were not informed about rent-a-car service until halfway thru the week, which wouldn't have done us any good by now!!! The resort did not have shuttle service to the theme parks, but was informed, due to the resort being privately owned this would be very expensive and would cost guests more to stay at the resort. There were no elevators and the pool was smaller than illustrated, but the resort itself was nice."

• Travel date: Sat 16th of July 2005

What a Great Place!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"We stayed at Parkway (1 adult, 2 teens) June 26 - 30 and loved it! The rooms are very nice, beds comfortable, nicely furnished, fully stocked kitchen and multiple tv's were great! The pool is nice and served a nice snack menu with alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available. Someone earlier had indicated that they didn't serve liquor at the bar but when we were there, they did. They have games, tennis raquets, etc. available for no charge so we played tennis and several games while there. The location is very convenient to Disney and while I've heard the sales pitch for the time share is pretty extreme, they apparently do that when you get your parking pass. When we checked in there was someone already in there "getting their parking pass" so we asked if we could come back later and they said yes. We never did go back, so we completely avoided the time share pitch. I am a big fan of staying on Disney property, but if that option is not available, I will definitely stay here again. I will never stay at a hotel again off property, when options such as this are available and just as affordable as a basic hotel room. I highly recommend this place. We got a 2 BR, 2 Bath and it was so great! The added convenience of the full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc. made for a great "home away from home" vacation."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2005

Thanks Parkway for another great vacation !

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"This was our second vacation staying at Parkway International and again we were not disappointed. Everything was clean, staff was pleasant and helpful and you just can't beat staying with a family of 6 in their 2bdrm/2bath villa. (We stayed in a hotel in the area a few years ago, but we will never go back to that atmosphere again.) Everyone is comfortable as there is more than enough space for all, lots of stores and restaurants close by, full kitchen if you don't want to go out to eat, and Disney parks are only a few minutes away. Will not hestitate again to book with Parkway International. (If you can ignore the sales pitch at check-in as we have both times, your stay will be great. We have our park tickets and aren't in the market for a timeshare etc., so their pitch is cut short !)"

• Travel date: Sat 2nd of July 2005

Loved the Timeshare

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Me and my brother love this place cause it relaxing, fun and more stuff that we cant explain, and we like it so much that we even bought one!!!! WE come here every summer!!! We love it!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 8th of June 2005

Incredible value - new - clean - nice!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Quick note to say that it was much more than I had hoped for. It was new, clean, quiet, had a screened in porch, two bathrooms and a kitchen.

We got a two bedroom for $129 per night and that was during spring break (Mar 5 - 10, 2005).

The people at the front desk were really nice too.

The resort is far enough off the beaten trail to make it quiet and cozy. Yet, it is close to Disney or whatever.

One caution- The reason it is so cheap is that you have to go to "Guest services" to get your parking permit. They are going to want to sell you a timeshare. I knew right-away what was going to happen when I checked in. I said "Oh no, there isn't going to be a timeshare sales pitch is there?" The person at the front desk told me to just tell them that you just want the parking permits. I did that and it worked. They asked a couple questions but not like the usual sales pitch."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of March 2005

Great villa

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"We stayed at this resort Jan. 14th - 16th, 2005. We really enjoyed our stay. The villa was very lovely and clean. Also it was extremely roomy. You can't beat the location. There is a nature boardwalk trail that leads to restaurants and shopping. The kitchen was fully equipped. Also it has a laundry room. That was wonderful to have.
All in all we are very impressed and will definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of January 2005

Hurricane Proof,and perfect appartments

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Hi Guys (and girls)

Well it was my second stay here and I must say, It was even better then the first one. As if it could be even better...
Spend 7 days here the appartments are hurricane proof because I survived JEAN here ...and the where no power faillures what so ever.
The staff prepared us with a personal visit to tell us what to do during the hurricane and it was nasty i can tell you that.
There is not much to say about the appartment and I can,t understand that there are people in here who don,t like it...the way I do
I,m travelling the US a lot ...so I know what a dump looks like ..trust me....I,ll be back in Orlando March 7 then i,ll stay in Homewood Suites walt disney (located next to Parkway int) I have to think on my budget you see.....wish i could stay at Parkway but thas to expensive for 2 persons...we always split the bill....hahahaha so I,ll give a review on that one when I come back.......ok see ya ...and have fun here:-)"

• Travel date: Fri 31st of December 2004

Loved the Parkway for the Location to Disney

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Went there with my family of six on a getaway through II. Very beautiful resort and very clean. Rooms were spacious, nicely decorated. There was a very faint smell of cigarette smoke in the room, but not enough to let it bother me because it is a VERY clean resort. You would really not notice it unless you are very sensitive to it which I am. So my one complaint would be that they should have non smoking rooms. I was on the first floor which was great with three young children and my youngest being two years old, otherwise we would have had to walk up the stairs but the resort is not a high rise so if you do not have babies this is not a big deal. The pool is very pretty with a waterfall but small and they do not serve drinks at the pool. We went over to Liki Tiki (sister resort) for the day and there pool is quite busy and they do serve food and drinks. The kids loved this pool. The bottom line is if you are there strictly for Disney I think Parkway International is probably one of the best resorts to stay in outside of Disney. It literally took us about 7 minutes from the time we got in our car until the time we arrived in the room, my brother stayed at one of the disney resorts and it took him longer to get to his hotel then it took us to get back to Parkway. We were called twice to look at the resort next door for the timesare, the first time we said no and when we were called again they offered us a very nice breakfast with a $125 so my husband wanted to go. The gentlmen was very nice and the breakfast was awesome but we told him up front we were not interested in a timeshare as we were very happy with the one we already had. He did try to talk us into switching to the one he was offering and we told him no. Finally, he got the hint and he had to call his manager to sign some papers so we could get our reimbursement. This man was very rude and arrogant but he did sign the papers and we were on our way. All in all, Parkway is a good deal and I don't think one would be disappointed."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of November 2004

NOT for Non-Smokers

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"We just returned from the Parkway International. We went there on an exchange that our friend let us use through Interval International. So the price was right for us, and we thought we would give it a try. A week before we left, we received a call confirming our reservation and asked if we had any special requests. I asked if we could be guaranteed a non smoking room on the 1st floor (they have 3 floors- no elevators). She told me that she would indicate 1st floor with no guarantees, and that there were NO non-smoking only rooms! DUM, DUM, DUM....... So I was prepared. I brought along some candels to burn and some spray. When we arrived, check-in was smooth. No problems. They told us the pool was unable to be used for a few days (3) because of resurfacing, however we could use the pool next door at vacation village at Parkway (Sister property) Which we did and it was fine. She gave us a first floor room as we requested. However as soon as we opened the door, WOW...the smell of smoke almost knocked me out. I knew that some other room probably would not have been much better, so we grinned and beared it. The room was nice. It was 2 bedrooms and 2 bath, full kitchen, washer/dryer, screened in porch, and an access door directly to the pool/playground. When we called to see if they had anything to spray for the smoke, and request a new air conditioner filter (which was filthy) they came right away. It also looks like they just updated some of the furnishings. We noticed other rooms getting furnishings delivered, which we already had in our room. The sheets they use on the beds could be a little newer as they were pretty thin. As far as cleaniness, it was pretty clean...however I noticed a few spots they missed (This could be because I did housekeeping one summer while in college) and the smell of smoke, you just can't get past that when you are not around it normally! This is a time share resort, so they call to set up a breakfast. You have your choice of tickets, etc... We were not intially interested, but they called us back and offered us a nice amount of $$ to listen. Since we didn't have anything planned, and we'd never been to one before we went. It was one on one breakfast with the man doing the timeshare selling and my family (2 adults, 3kids). It lasted 3 hours (not the 90 minutes....but that could be because this was our first timeshare sell and my kids kept having to go to the bathroom). With the timeshare sell, it is all about who you get, and how you let them treat you. But it was for their newer property next door (Vacation Village at Parkway which is about 2 years old). Parkway International is about 19 years old. So all in all, it's not that we had a bad experience....but we just couldn't get past the smoke smell. Other than that, there are no major complaints. I probably wouldn't stay there again, but would recommend it with reservations. ALSO...it was very close to Celebration and the Disney Parks. I really liked the location. We've been to Disney areas a number of times and have stayed in Lake Buena Vista...this was a nice change and a decent location (I-4 and 192)"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of October 2004

Hotels near Parkway International Resort

Stayed at Parkway International Resort? Share your insight.

Parkway International Resort is also called