About Orbit One Vacation Villas

• self serve laundry
  • bbq facilities
  • telephone
  • kitchenware
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • hot tub
  • dvd cd player
  • dishwasher

Good
Good

This place is absolutely fantastic! My p...

Reviewed Wed 3rd of January 2007

"This place is absolutely fantastic! My parents booked our stay at Orbit One Vacation Villas through RCI and I have to say that we were extremely impressed.

Orbit One is located on the busy 192, tucked slightly away from the main road, which makes a lovely quiet getaway. Within 5 minutes walk there is a Denny's, McDonalds, Sizzler, countless shops and gift shops and our absolute favourite breakfast haunt - The International House of Pancakes! So even if you don't have a car you certainly won't starve!

It was very well situated and the nearest bus stop was very close to the resort. Disney was a stone's throw away and took a mere 5 minutes drive to get onto Disney Property. I-Drive (and Universal) took around 15/20 minutes drive. Lake Buena Vista shopping was also around 15 minutes.

The apartment was immaculate and very well stocked, we could have moved in to live there! It was nicely decorated (the rug would have made it's way into my luggage if I were that way inclined... and if it were smaller... and if I hadn't bought so much shopping!)

The living room had a large screen television and video recorder (you can rent out videos from reception), and there was a sofa bed.

There were 2 bedrooms: one with twin beds, the other with a king sized bed, each had a television and en-suite bathroom - the one attached to the main bedroom had a huge roman style Jacuzzi tub (absolutely perfect for a good soak after a long day at the parks or shopping!)

The kitchen had a glass dining table and 6 chairs, a large American-style fridge, dishwasher, microwave, cooker, coffee machine, blender, washing machine and tumble dryer, all of which came in very useful.

On arrival we were left a bag of supplies which included toilet roll, washing up liquid, bin bags, laundry detergent, soap, coffee, creamers etc. we though this was a lovely touch and proved invaluable.

There was also a folder with useful local information, including several take-away menus, for those times when you're just too tired to drag yourself to one of the many eateries.

My only complaint is that before we arrived I requested a cot for my 2 year old daughter via Email, they didn't reply to my email and there was no cot when we arrived.

However this was remedied by a phone call to reception and (a rather rickety) one appeared within 20 minutes. I was disappointed to learn that we had to pay $60 for use of this cot for 2 weeks and would recommend anyone with a little one to pay a visit to Walmart beforehand to purchase a cheap travel cot, which will come to half the price!

The rooms were only cleaned twice and bedding and towels changed once whilst we were there but we did have the option to have this service more regularly.

We didn't get to use the amenities very much, but we did take our daughter into the swimming pool once or twice - both times it was very clean and the hot-tub was indeed HOT!

The staff were friendly and were helpful when we requested local information from them.

I would definitely recommend Orbit One Vacation Villas to anyone and we are planning a return visit as soon as finances permit!"

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of January 2007

Made the right choice

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"It was four of us in total and it was a 11 day stay.A 13 year old and a 8 year old with me.I have not been on vacation since 2002 and this was a well over do vacation.I looked and planned for almost 6 months.Orbit One caught my eye.The place was "ALL" I expected and more.I already have plans to go back next year.That should say it "ALL".Some people with terrible reviews expect to MUCH.It is a small place and I felt safe having my kids go and have fun(at one point they found so much to do at the place,they didn't want to go to the parks).2 thumbs up!!!!

Nassau,Bahamas"

• Travel date: Thu 9th of November 2006

Pleasant Stay

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed here 7 through 21st October. The apartment was large enough to accomodate 5 adults. The en suite bathroom was fantastic with a huge spa bath. We made full use of the 2 pools on site, however when we were using late at night there was a distinct lack of towels at the pool side.The hot tub was awesome. Staff were friendly although after a 12 hour flight and car drive the last thing you need is to held in aconversation about time share at reception. The only down side is that I used the telephone in the condo for a toll free phone call and was charged 85c per minute!!!! We stayed in Apollo block..parking was easy"

• Travel date: Thu 2nd of November 2006

Decent place, but...

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"We stayed in the Venus section. Our room was pleasant, clean and roomy. We loved the jacuzzi tub in the Master bedroom. It felt great after the long days at the parks. What we didn't like was the somewhat unfriendly and unhelpful staff (there was one guy there that was nice and helpful) and the pool was dirty! We went in the main pool one evening and there was no trace of chlorine and you could taste the salt (sweat and/or urine?) which really grossed us out! We never went back to the pool which was a real disappointment to our kids. All in all, it was an ok place. We probably won't be back..."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

Okay, but

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"We stayed in the Neptune section of the property. This was loud because it ran parallel to rt 192. The noise level is probably a lot better in the other buildings. We liked having 2 bedrooms and the washer/dryer in the unit. Unfortunately, the floors were dirty. With 2 small kids (1yr and 3yr) they were always dirty too.
Also, the kiddie pool wasn't in service so we couldn't fully enjoy our time at the pool. Overall, the staff was good, but we don't think we'll come back."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of October 2006

Fantastic

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our vacation here and would highly recommend this resort. Our in-room safe wouldn't operate upon arrival and this was rectified the following morning.

Turn immediately left as you exit the resort, cross the 192 and hey presto you're on Disney roads, Animal Kingdom being the first theme park that you come across.

You were also in walking distance of major diners such as Golden Coral (would recommend this chain), Shoney's, Sizzlers etc.

Apartment was clean and spacious, the second bathroom proved useful for no one needed to wait for the other and if hubby wanted a longer lie in then he wasn't disturbed whilst I got ready.
Luckily we didn't put to much bubble bath in the hot tub, which was valuable at the end of a very long day. Unfortnately we didn't spend enough time in the resort to make use of all the facilities they had to offer.

Staff were helpful and we were sorry to leave."

• Travel date: Sat 19th of August 2006

Great Choice!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We loved the Orbit One Resort! The rooms are spacious, clean and everything works. Nice Tv's in both bedrooms and in the main family room. Huge whirl-pool shower in the master bedroom... very nice feature. The place is very well maintained and the staff is great. I am a picky traveler and usually stay on Disney property, but this year we were offered this place by a friend and just loved it. Not as much to look at like a Disney property, but still very nice. The pools were clean and well located in the resort. The resort is exactly 6 minutes from Animal Kingdom and about 12 from the rest of the parks. The hot tip of the week was the short-cut to Disney, make sure you ask about this one, huge time saver. A little road that shoots you directly into the parks, very cool. The location is about 150 yards off a highway lined with gift shops, middle of the road resturants..Shoneys, Dennys, McDonalds, TGIF... but you really don't notice it from the resort. We had an awesome week at Disney and loved coming back to our room, I would highly recommend this place."

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of July 2006

An excellent choice

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"We stayed here during the last week of April 2006, using RCI points. We were very happy with our choice. It's smaller than many Orlando resorts (and that's a good thing as far as I'm concerned), but it's modern-looking and well-maintained. The resort is near a tacky little stretch of state Highway 192 (gift shops, convenience stores, etc), but you don't see or particularly notice the highway when you're on resort property. It was nice to have easy access to the highway and to Disney World, where we spent the majority of our time. We did enjoy the pool once or twice -- it was a very short walk from our room, and it was nice.

Our suite looked exactly like the pictures that we saw on this site: perhaps not luxurious (although the large whirlpool bath off the master bedroom was great), but it was clean, bright and perfectly functional for our needs. It was the right size for our travelling party of six -- the two kids usually slept on the sleeper sofa, and the four adults took the two bedrooms. At night (i.e. when everything else was quiet), I could hear the low rumble of the nearby highway traffic, but it wasn't enough to bother any of us at all.

They initially tried to put us in a 3rd floor suite, but since we had a couple of seniors with us, we asked for a 1st floor. They agreed without any fuss.

We would stay there again."

• Travel date: Thu 1st of June 2006

Stellar experience at Orbit One!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"After reading only a few, but mostly good, reviews about Orbit One vacation villas, we booked it for the first week of May 2006.
We stayed at Westgate Vacation Villas 2 years ago, and it was a great resort and the locaton is primo if you are doing Disney (1 mile to Disney Maingate and Sea World is like a 10 min. dirve). Unfortunately, Westgate is so huge, there is no guarantee what type of room you will get, and they try to hook you into a sales pitch with the "maintenance review".
As it turns out, Orbit One sits next to Westgate, and we had zero sales pressure! The only calls from staff we received were to inform us of the acitvities during the week such as a cookout/pool party and ice cream social. All the units are 2 BR with a full kitchen, washer/dryer, and a huge jetted tub in the master bath. There are 2 pools , one of which was almost always vacant and the other is heated and has a double slide that my kids couldn't get enough of. There is of course a hot tub, kiddie pool (which was closed), and the pool bathrooms were super clean.
All in all we loved Orbit One and will definitely stay here again next time we do Orlando. It wasn't crowded and you can't beat the location (adjacent to a convenience store, grocery store, souvenir shop, and Walgreen's, Publix grocery store, and Disney are just down the road). This is not a new resort so the property is somewhat dated, but it is all well maintained and the condo was clean and well appointed (it took a little bit to get used to the bright colors). I highly recommend Orbit One to everyone!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of May 2006

Great Place to stay

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"The web-site does not do this place jusice! We had a great time. The resort was small so the children enjoyed more freedom than in other larger resorts. The would walk to the main building to get their donuts every day or equipment for golf or basketball. Very close to the parks so no really early mornings. The unit was very large with three adults and three children we had lots of room. The kids loved the pool and it was always nice and warm. We wished we had more time to use the resort to its fullest but we were busy with the parks. We did use the water park at a sister resort. it was cheap $5 a family. The kids had fun! I will be using this resort in the future!"

• Travel date: Tue 2nd of May 2006

Good Choice

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This condo is extremly close to Disney. The condo is spacious. We loved the huge hot tub. My son enjoyed the playground. The sofa was a little old and had stains, but that did not matter. Overall it was very clean. I would recommend this condo."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006