Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

8505 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-8217

Good
2045

Love is at orange lake it's the place to be and to fall in love.

"I first became an owner at orange lake in 1987 and I've had lots of friends stay and just love having them rate it with no hard feeling and never been disapointed from the time you come to the time you leave my friends keep saying it's the place to be they just love it and fall in love."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2003

fantastic

"My family and I came in September 1998, for a three week stay. I can honestly say that Orange Lake Country Club is the most fantastic place I have ever stayed in on a foreign holiday. One day, I will go back to Florida, and will definately want to stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2003

Had a Blast at Orange Lake

"Just returned from a trip to Disney World, staying at the Orange Lake Resort & Country Club. Had a fantastic time, the kids (ages 3, 9 & 11) had a blast. Despite what we read about the over crowded pools, they were absolutely wonderful for the kids. The more kids that were there, the more fun they had. We ate lunch on the pool deck and there were all sorts of activities going on - pool basketball, water slide races, pool volleyball, etc. We had a wonderful time, the resort was in excellent shape and the room was wonderful! We will definitely return. Enjoy your stay!"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2003

Have loads of fun

"We just returned from a week at OLCC. The facility has grown so much in the past few years. The staff is always busy providing activities for the guests. Took advantage of the exercise room and pool exercises.
Plus the bingo games at the pool are a great idea! If you are planning on playing miniature golf, pay for the weekly pass. Will save you some money! Only ate in the pizzeria, so can't really rate the restaurants.Pizzeria was good. Lots of activities for all members of the family. Sons took advantage of the arcade. Great place to go to and can't wait until we go back next year."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2003

Beautiful! We had a wonderful time

Good

"This resort is huge. Beautiful tropical landscaping, 8 pools, one with a slide, several outdoor jacuzzis, nice sand beach on the lake, free movie theater showing movies every night, shuffleboard, game room with air hockey and several restraunts. There is so much to do there is really no need leave the resort. The staff is very accomodating. We originally booked a 2 bedroom villa but were travelling with friends who booked a studio. Because the studios were so far away from the villas we decided to downgrade to the studio and were not at all disappointed. (a plus to this is that most of the amenities of the resort are right in this area) 2 adults and 4 children ages 9,11,13,&14. There were 2 full sized beds and a pull out couch, it slept all of us comfortably. It had all of the ammenities we needed, kitchenette with micro-wave and dishwasher and the 2 bathrooms were a huge plus. It also had 2 laundry facilities on each floor. I would have preferred to have the laundry in our room, but it was still nice. The first night we were there they had a welcome party by the pool with free munchies and drinks for 2 hours and DJ by the pool where they played games with the kids, had hula-hoop contests and other fun things. The kids just loved it. In fact my youngest said it felt just like they were at Spring Break. (not quite) There was a different activity going on every night we were there. My only regret is that we spent so much time at the parks that we didn't get to enjoy all that the resort had to offer. We spent 5 nights there and paid a little over $200 for the week. The only catch was that we had to sit through the time share presentation. That wasn't even that bad either. They fed us all a nice buffet breakfast and were not high pressure at all. We were originally told that our presentation would be at 11:30 on the 1st full day we were there. This did not make us happy at all, especially since it was the middle of the day and put a damper on the day at the parks. We asked if we could please have an earlier time and they changed it for us without blinking an eye to 7:45 in the morning on the 4th day of our stay. This worked out very well, and we were done by 10:00 and had the rest of the day to enjoy the parks. It was a wonderful vacation and I would not hesitate to recommend this resort to anyone going to Orlando."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of June 2003

Want to live there!!

"We own two weeks at Orange Lake and have been there 4 times in three years. We absolutely love the pools and spend alot of time at splash lagoon. We have taken friends and family down and they enjoy it as well. If you ever can't use your week, sell it on ebay. You'll get your money back for the maintenance fee. Get to the pools right when they open to pick out your favorite chair, don't worry you'll get a tan that early in the morning in Florida. The timeshare sales calls we get each time we are there are quite annoying, just hold off until the end of your trip and see what they will offer you, it might be pretty irresistable! Make up for the annoying calls by going to the main club house and eating breakfast downstairs. The breakfast is meant for timeshare tour folks only but they don't monitor who is eating so go for it!! Orange Lake is awesome and each time we go it gets even better. The condo is clean, contemporary , and better than home. We just got back yesterday after having been down there for two weeks. We spent most of our time at the resort. Went to Disney and lasted four hours and rode one ride. We have a seven year old and she has so much to do there isn't enough time for her to tell us she's bored!! Go, you won't regret it!!"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of June 2003

Worst "resort" in Orlando?

"Wow!! how crappy can a "resort" be and still get a "Gold Crowne" rating from RCI? Well Orange Lake delivers. We stayed an entire week in the worst room I have ever stayed in at a hotel. The "Studio" was just a medium size hotel room with a kitchenette. I have stayed at many extended stay type hotels, and also 3 & 4 star hotels thanks to naming your own price services. Maybe I expect too much?This week at Orange Lake was a gift from my best friend. We could have chosen Cabo or Cancun but decided on Orlando. The trip was great except for the "resort". The room looked like it was last renovated when Reagan was President and the carpets looked about the same age. There was a strange odor in the hall leading to the rooms that we never did figure out what it was.OL did provide a coffee pot in the room, but no coffee or filters, sweetner, etc. Thank God that Walgreens is just outside the main gate.Our "lovely" (not) room did overlook the great room/atrium and got no natural light. That was one of the worst things since I love to see the sunrise! I have sent emails complaining to both RCI and Orange Lake, but neither seems to care. I would NEVER stay there again even if it were FREE! Dont stay there, RUN, the Motel 8 down the street looked nicer.AND kids everywhere!!! It seems like if you have only a couple hundred dollars to spend in Orlando then those people where there. Why not spend your time at a resort instead of a hotel? I was going to acutally get another room at another hotel, but everybody was full.And dont forget to ask your salesperson about the beautiful view of the trailer court across the lake from the "resort".To sum up, DONT go to Orange Lake, go anywhere else, even if it charges hourly... its gotta be better."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of June 2003

Best Place

"I loved orange lake resort. I think its a great place to stay for kids and family. It is so close to all the parks and food restaurants. Not that there isnt any restuarants on the premisis. Me and my family always go down and this is the one thing we look forward to. The place is well tended to fr it being such an extensive resort. The grass is always cut perfectly the golf courses are some of the best ive seen. The staff and people are friendly and its a great chance to meet new people. My family always likes to have a good day in florida but we can have a good day without leaving the resort because there is so much to do and see. Out of the 7 days we were there last yea 3 or 4 were spent on the resort. As a matter of fact we are about to go back down next friday june 19, 2003. Personaly i cant wait and i know my family feels the same way. so I cant wait until i get to this A+ resort. you should go sometime."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of June 2003

Happy Camper and Proud Owner

"I am a proud owner of a 2 bedroom (sleeps 8) condo at Orange Lake. I love the many activities from the evenings at the pools, to the family movies and especially the golf. The condos have everything necessary to make a week's stay a pleasant and wonderful experience. Of course one of the reasons I bought at Orange Lake was because of the close proximity to Disney World. My family loves it and who wouldn't? I am not going to get to enjoy the condo this year, other family plans, but you can BET I will be back next year, not only for the week I have but maybe for a second week as well. Looking forward to my vacation in 2004!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 5th of June 2003

Extremely satisfied

"My family and I rented a week long stay July 2002 at this resort. I had never been there before and was a little apprehensive not knowing anything about the resort. We were very excited when we walked into our 2bdr/2bath room. It was perfect! We got there a little before check-in, but they were extremely helpful in finding us a room immediately. They even asked if we had children with us, so they could get us a room close to the pool. The planned activities were an added surprise. We never intended on going to Disney when we stayed at the resort, and I'm glad I didn't. The resort was vacation enough for us. If I had any suggestions on how to make this a better resort, I would recommend adding a few more pools and restaurants."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of June 2003

An AHA Moment!

"Our family just returned from Orange Lake Resort 6/28 - 7/5, 2013. We opened the door to our 2 bedroom apartment, condo, villa and we ran around like little kids. The place was beautiful, clean roomy and more than we had expected. I spent 2 days prior to arriving reading as many reviews about the resort that I could find.
Either people are down right looney or just old fuddy duddy's who like to complain. This place was the bomb! We stayed at River Island and couldn't have been happier. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We had more supplies than we needed (soap, shampoo, laundry detergent etc.) We stayed in the 8100 building on the 5th floor. It was so private and quite. We didn't have a problem getting a pool lounger. We enjoyed the great happy hour everyday 4 - 6 half price apps and drinks. If you forgot anything they have a nicely stocked store. (the clothes were beautiful, a tad expensive but nice) Many activities to enjoy if you want. The place is huge, I'm glad we rented a car. We brought way to many clothes we never wore. It was a bathing suit and cover up all day and night.
Suggestion to Orange Lake:
1. Bathroom needs hooks to hang clothes while taking a shower or bath in the gorgeous deep soaking tub.
2. Please assign a place by the pool that is NON - SMOKING. Us folks with asthma would appreciate it. ( that was the only serious negative I would say I had about the resort) "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of July 2013

Our Favorite Place

"We have stayed at Orange Lake at least 8 times and have now our friends and Family stay also. Has something for all ages to enjoy and the accomadations and grounds are beautiful. If the pools are your enjoyment although they are all great in their own way, stay by the Lazy Lagoon. You can walk right out to the pool and take your own lunch and drinks to enjoy under a covered umbrella or rent one of their great cabanas. They have nightley entertainment at the restaurants to enjoy with a cocktail and bites to eat. They have an itinerary in your room to keep you up with the Comedy club, or the outdoor evening movies, Karaoki bar and poolside games and entertainment.Our kids love the huge inflatable slide, additional charges but not expensive. There are several Golf courses that some of our family love to play on. We are staying for my husband's Birthday this weekend and are bringing a few friends with us. The staff has been nothing but nice to us always and have even had a room with a view of Disney's fireworks we enjoy from our balcony. There are reviews about bugs being found, mostly dead. This is Florida folks and we can find them in the finest, cleanest places. We don't get room service since you have a washer & dryer if you want clean linens everyday, it's a condo not a hotel room. You have a bus that will take you to the diffent locations since the place is huge and you will want to see it all. It's a little city that has a Publix and various restaurants so you can cook or eat out every day. Don't let some bad reviews get you. The place is worth staying at, we have never had a bad time. Can't wait to get there !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2012

Hotels near Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Stayed at Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

• Patty C by Patty C

"read your guide when you get to your room, stay informed on what is going on so you don't miss something you might want to do. "

• Kathy A by Kathy A

"Make good use of the Happy Hour at all the restaurants. 1/2 price app. and drinks "

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort is also called