An AHA Moment!

Reviewed Tue 9th of July 2013

"Our family just returned from Orange Lake Resort 6/28 - 7/5, 2013. We opened the door to our 2 bedroom apartment, condo, villa and we ran around like little kids. The place was beautiful, clean roomy and more than we had expected. I spent 2 days prior to arriving reading as many reviews about the resort that I could find.
Either people are down right looney or just old fuddy duddy's who like to complain. This place was the bomb! We stayed at River Island and couldn't have been happier. Everyone was exceptionally friendly and helpful. We had more supplies than we needed (soap, shampoo, laundry detergent etc.) We stayed in the 8100 building on the 5th floor. It was so private and quite. We didn't have a problem getting a pool lounger. We enjoyed the great happy hour everyday 4 - 6 half price apps and drinks. If you forgot anything they have a nicely stocked store. (the clothes were beautiful, a tad expensive but nice) Many activities to enjoy if you want. The place is huge, I'm glad we rented a car. We brought way to many clothes we never wore. It was a bathing suit and cover up all day and night.
Suggestion to Orange Lake:
1. Bathroom needs hooks to hang clothes while taking a shower or bath in the gorgeous deep soaking tub.
2. Please assign a place by the pool that is NON - SMOKING. Us folks with asthma would appreciate it. ( that was the only serious negative I would say I had about the resort) "

• Travel date: Sun 7th of July 2013

Our Favorite Place

Reviewed Wed 18th of July 2012

"We have stayed at Orange Lake at least 8 times and have now our friends and Family stay also. Has something for all ages to enjoy and the accomadations and grounds are beautiful. If the pools are your enjoyment although they are all great in their own way, stay by the Lazy Lagoon. You can walk right out to the pool and take your own lunch and drinks to enjoy under a covered umbrella or rent one of their great cabanas. They have nightley entertainment at the restaurants to enjoy with a cocktail and bites to eat. They have an itinerary in your room to keep you up with the Comedy club, or the outdoor evening movies, Karaoki bar and poolside games and entertainment.Our kids love the huge inflatable slide, additional charges but not expensive. There are several Golf courses that some of our family love to play on. We are staying for my husband's Birthday this weekend and are bringing a few friends with us. The staff has been nothing but nice to us always and have even had a room with a view of Disney's fireworks we enjoy from our balcony. There are reviews about bugs being found, mostly dead. This is Florida folks and we can find them in the finest, cleanest places. We don't get room service since you have a washer & dryer if you want clean linens everyday, it's a condo not a hotel room. You have a bus that will take you to the diffent locations since the place is huge and you will want to see it all. It's a little city that has a Publix and various restaurants so you can cook or eat out every day. Don't let some bad reviews get you. The place is worth staying at, we have never had a bad time. Can't wait to get there !!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of July 2012

No Hassle Holiday

Reviewed Fri 22nd of July 2011

"Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in this lovely resort,found place clean,good facilities& pleasant helpful staff.after reading some reviews expected more hassle about time share sales but didnt find this to be a problem.after initial politely declining this I was left alone & received a $20 welcome certificate anyway as it was my first stay there.this could be redeemed against park tickets or play pass for activities on site such as mini golf,tube hire for lazy river,bungee jumping,climbing wall or inflatable slide.
beautiful well kept grounds & nature walks[conservation area so expect some wildlife to be around].
would recommend this place,we had 3 generations in party & something for everyone."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2011

Do not stay there - Items stolen from villa

Reviewed Fri 24th of September 2010

"My advice is go to Orlando – Florida you will have a blast. Just do not stay at Orangelakes – Kissimmee

Whilst the accommodation is okay if you do not mind styling from a 1980’s timewarp, reasonably clean and sized. The resort has lot of short comings and nearly spoilt our holiday (1) Whatever you do not call house-keeping – which you are entitled to one free clean up after staying 10 consecutive days. We had them in and they do not just clean, as we had a further unscheduled visit 24 hours later when we were out. They left our window catch off and open for someone to access our bedroom and clean us out of our mobile phones and electronic apple products. It would have been worse if I had not used the safe in the room. (2) Management – I had several meetings with management and head of security regarding this matter, they just do not care. I have called from England over 5 times and sent numerous emails to senior management of the resort. I finally received one insulting email of $150 offer as a gesture of goodwill which has not been received. Which is an insult considering my items stolen were worth over $1500, it happened on their site, with their security and more than likely their staff.

Whilst the above was my worst experience of the resort, I did also notice the following – The size of the resort is huge, you will need a car to go everywhere. The Water-park does not exist, I spent 30 mins trying to find it on site, its just a pool and a lazy river and a baby slide (must be over 48 inches tall to use, not 46, 48 inches to use it). The slow river is managed by the gestipo, I saw one person surrounded by 5 security people because he refused to pay for a ring at 7.30pm and just wanted one ride around the slow river on a ring he found by the side. The restaurants & bars are over priced for the area and do not come with the Florida hospitality you normally hope and expect. If you like dead toads and geekos then you will love this resort because there are loads of them. After staying 12 days there I also noticed that I had received over 25 messages on my room answer phone on top of the ones I had said no to on the phone trying to get me to go to the time share seminar, even though I made it very obvious to management and check in that their behaviour was on the verge of harassment.

I really would recommend you look somewhere else to stay and enjoy your holiday. Holiday Orange lakes is a real disappointment and can only be compared to a stay at Fawlty Towers.

• Travel date: Sat 18th of September 2010

Downright boring and a ripoff

Reviewed Wed 8th of September 2010

" This was our second vacation to the resort in 4years and it will be our last the new card only (no cash allowed)can become very costly to a family who have gone out there not knowing no cash can be used the resort is still very dated after the little bit of tinkering they have done not much to do in the day besides trying to find shade under the very few umberellas food from the poolside bars same every day hygene of villas is of a por standard bedding changed once in 14days not once hoovered or brushed staff not over friendly expect a phone call every morning at 820am if you dont go on the timeshare tour the first day after your arrival also its like big brother whenever you use your card it feeds back to their computers and low and behold they ring you up pestering about what you did the previous day i.e had a round of golf every day after that a message was left about the mccord golf centre the amount of people who stayed on the resort at night for a drink speaks volumes for the place get ready for a boring ripoff resort !!!"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of September 2010

We stayed in the East Village and loved...

Reviewed Mon 25th of August 2008

"We stayed in the East Village and loved our stay. There was plenty of different pools to try in each o the main villages although the we pool complex was absolutly the best I have ever seen. The rooms were pretty good.

Food on site was a little expensive and like most owner based places they did like to try to get you to buy one. If you can put up with that (I just kept saying I was skint) you will love the place. Golf courses looked good although I'm not a good golfer. Got a chance to borrow some clubs and take the kids out on the course though.

All in all we loved it and would go back. If you are asking if I would buy one, I'm not sure I would, but then again I'm not sure I would buy any property in Florida right now.

Have a great time and fill your boots."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of August 2008

Orange Lake Vacation June 25, 2008 We c...

Reviewed Fri 27th of June 2008

"Orange Lake Vacation June 25, 2008

We checked into Orange Lake Resort and Country Club on June 19th. The first week of the stay was fine and we were enjoying our stay very much, so much so that we had decided to purchase a unit during our sales tour on June 18th.

On June 23rd at approximately 11:30pm the troubles began. We had a long day at the Disney parks and were very tired but there was a loud commotion going on outside. My daughters came running frightened into my room scared out of their wits saying that there was a man outside their window with a knife chasing after someone. I picked up the phone and pressed 0 to get the operator. There was no answer after 10-15 rings. I then pressed the Fire and Emergency button on the phone. Again, it rang 10-15 times with no answer!!! The commotion had died down at this time so I put on my robe and went outside. I saw some people standing outside down at the end of the road but no one near our unit. So I went back inside thinking it was all over.

A few minutes later I heard a woman screaming loudly. The children again came running into our rooms scared saying the man with the knife was outside their window. I picked up the phone and tried the Operator. Again, no answer! I then again hit the Fire and Emergency button on the phone and again no answer. This is the fourth time I tried to contact internal security with no response so I called 911 and spoke with a police dispatcher. I told them what was going on and they dispatched a sheriff’s unit. By this time I was in the kitchen and looking out the window and I saw the large man with the butcher knife chasing someone around and heard the women screaming at him for him to stop and him shouting “let’s go!” a bunch of times. The whole time I was on the phone with the 911 dispatcher.

In a few minutes the police arrived and I saw them put the man in handcuffs. We tried to settle the kids down and call it a night. My 9 year old daughter was (and still is) extremely upset over the situation and was crying and asking if we could leave and go home in the morning. I was obviously upset and left a voicemail at about 1am for our QA Rep Candice Barrera to call me and that I wanted out of my contract.

The next morning I called for Candice and found out she was out of the office on her day’s office so I left a message for her supervisor, Carla Araujo. At first the receptionist didn’t even seem interested in taking a message and said I would have to wait until Candice returned, I said that this was not acceptable and started telling her the story of what happened. She agreed that this needed to be addressed that day and said she would have Carla call me back as soon as possible. (Unfortunately I did not get her name; this all took place on June 24th.) I called a couple of more times and was assured that I would get a call back that day. Needless to say, that call back never happened.

On June 25th at about 9:30am I went to the Sales Office onsite and asked to speak to Carla. I was told that she was not in yet and that I could wait for her or wait for Candice who was scheduled to come in at 11am. I chose to wait and speak to Carla.
I waited outside for a while and then went back in and asked the same person if I could speak to Carla. He remembered me of course and said he would ask her to come out and speak with me and then asked me my name. He went back and an few minutes later he came out and said that she was in a meeting and that I should wait to speak to Candice at 11am. I told him that this was not acceptable and that now wanted to speak to Carla’s boss and that I was not leaving so he might as well go get someone right now. He left and a few minutes later Carla came out.

Carla did not appear to be interested in hearing my story and in fact seemed argumentative about it. She told me that the reason no one was answering the phone is that all the security people were all outside trying to deal the situation when I know for a fact that there was no one outside except the guy with the knife! I tried to explain that I was the person who called 911 and basically she was argumentative and made me feel as if she was calling me a liar and that I was just trying to break the contract. This obviously infuriated me even more and she said that all I had to do was to put in writing that I wanted out of the contract. I asked for a piece of paper and began writing my request.

The situation could have and should have been handled completely differently and perhaps my ownership here could have been salvaged but the lack of responsiveness and the argumentative nature of my dealings with Carla made sure I was not going to go forward with the contract. If perhaps she had returned any of my numerous calls and tried to assure me that this was a fluke I might have stayed but her refusal to even return an upset customers call added with her attitude and refusal to even speak with me at first when I was in the office was just too much.

This is not my first experience at a time-share and I understand that sometimes these types of things happen but the fact that no one was available to answer the phone; even the emergency number combined with the unresponsive nature of management forces me to execute my option to cancel this contract.

I want to make sure that as far as the records go the reason for cancellation is noted by the time-share governing organizations in Florida is for Security Concerns and Managements Unresponsiveness and NOT some other made up reason such as financial hardships on my part. I will be following up with the Florida State / County / City government, whomever is responsible for tracking these issues, to ensure that this happens.

I also will be contacting RCI and making sure they are aware of the way we were treated as well as posting this review to their website so that other RCI customers can be aware of the security lapses here at Orange Lake. I will also be looking for as many travel related customer review websites and offering this feedback to them as well.

• Travel date: Fri 27th of June 2008

What a fantastic resort! So much to do a...

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2007

"What a fantastic resort! So much to do and only around 15mins away from Disney world.

The apartment we stayed in was lovely, overlooking a lake, with a big fully fitted kitchen. The resort amenities were superb. In the main centre of the resort where reception is, there is a handy grocery store (surprisingly cheap prices), games arcade for the kids and a crazy golf course.

The main swimming pool was probably the best I have seen. Absolutely huge and of course there was more than 1 pool throughout the resort. The onsite food delivery service was lovely, not just delivering the normal take away meals like pizzas, but proper meals as well such as lasagne and spag bol.

Have been to Orange Lake a few times before and will definitely be returning again!"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of November 2007

Everything about the Orange Lake resort...

Reviewed Sun 19th of August 2007

"Everything about the Orange Lake resort was perfect. The food and service was excellent.

The accommodation was lovely and all the pool areas were very clean and never got too busy as there is so much there.

Definitely give this resort 10 out of 10 as fail to see how they can improve. We currently in the process of booking again for next year."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of August 2007

My holiday in Orlando was great the food...

Reviewed Tue 31st of August 2004

"My holiday in Orlando was great the food was good the services in restaurants was good.

The one problem was the flight was a bit boring and some staff were funny some looked bored.

Me and the family enjoyed Disney and Orlando if you were to visit these places I would go in December time it is quiet and the weather is good.

Overall I give the rating an 8 out of 10."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2004

Love is at orange lake it's the place to be and to fall in love.

Reviewed Wed 7th of November 2012

"I first became an owner at orange lake in 1987 and I've had lots of friends stay and just love having them rate it with no hard feeling and never been disapointed from the time you come to the time you leave my friends keep saying it's the place to be they just love it and fall in love."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of October 2003

fantastic

Reviewed Sun 25th of November 2012

"My family and I came in September 1998, for a three week stay. I can honestly say that Orange Lake Country Club is the most fantastic place I have ever stayed in on a foreign holiday. One day, I will go back to Florida, and will definately want to stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2003

Hotels near Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

Top traveller tips for Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort

• Patty C by Patty C

"read your guide when you get to your room, stay informed on what is going on so you don't miss something you might want to do. "

• Kathy A by Kathy A

"Make good use of the Happy Hour at all the restaurants. 1/2 price app. and drinks "

Holiday Inn Club Vacations At Orange Lake Resort is also called