Flamingo Waterpark Resort

2261 E Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34744-4419

Short getaway .....

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We stayed at the Clarion Waterpark hotel on Sat....after reading the reviews I knew it was a little bit of a distance off of I-4 so I wasn't so shocked......however when I realized it was approx 12 miles off of I-4 with numerous traffic lights because it is a tourism district most of the way it took addtl 20-30 (20 early Sunday morning and 30 minutes around 7pm Sat night)
However if you are coming off the TurnPIke it is right off the exit and an awesome location. Okay.....here is my review.....the neighborhood is not so great...maybe it is not so bad...however I feel safer when I stay in a more tourism friendly neighborhood. (it short...when you get off of I-4 you drive through tourism....then the 'regular' city atmosphere...then a little more tourism....then a not so grown up city)

Once we arrived the hotel was okay....the people in the lobby were okay....not so happy but not rude either. She did forget to give me my wristbands (or mention them) to the waterpark however an awesome worker at the pool got them for us.

The hotel looks okay...construction going on in one building still...no big deal....when we open the door to the room it was great....very contempory and very colorful.....I do not care for the tile floor however I am sure it is cleaner than carpet and it looked nice. (slippery when wet!) The only problem I have it in the bathroom there is mold/mildew on the walls and it smelled like it.!! I thought that was wierd b/c I thought the whole thing was remodeled.

The pool area was great....there was a great area for kids. Just an FYI....the three larger size slides have a 44 inch height requirement and the waterpark was open on Sat until 6pm and Sunday until 5pm. The 'regular' pool was open until 10pm and it is an okay size.

Great hotel if you have kids...any age....just be prepared for 12 mile drive from I-4 and that probably means an 17 mile drive to Disney World from the hotel. Well worth it if you plan on spending time at the pool....not worth it at all if you aren't going to use the pool but are going to Disney...(or even Sea World ---18 miles from there also)"

• Travel date: Mon 18th of February 2008

nice place, confusing rates

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"We found this place online at the choicehotels.com website. The hotel is in the process of being re-modeled. While we were there, plenty of work was in progress. The most annoying thing was the well drilling. That noise is just loud. It was during the day, but not far from the water park.

Yes, they do have height restrictions for the big slides. You must be 44 inches at least. But, for the smaller ones, the kiddy area has sllides too. They have 2 curvey slides and one straight. A lazy river, and hot tub are all in the water park area. They have a regular pool in another area.

Our room was very nice. The furniture was new and up-scale. There was a 'fridge and microwave along with the regular coffee maker and hair dryer in other hotels. Everything was neat and clean. The only real problem with the room was we were at the very back of the hotel. But, it was also quiet there.

The breakfast was the usual continental breakfast. You had to ask for juice and we were offered chocolate milk for our young grandson. But, the fancier the hotel, the less you get in the way of free food, so I was pleasantly surprised they even offered breakfast since there was a restaurant on site.

The only thing I didn't like was that they told me it was $80 for the room, but my credit card shows $100. I know there are taxes, but..... I will be contacting the resort to see why I was charged so much. I was also not given a receipt."

• Travel date: Tue 12th of February 2008

Thnk Twice

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"I booked this hotel mostly due to the great reviews on this site. I feel I must disclose some additional information that I wish I'd had. First, the renovations to this motel are NOT complete. The waterpark is done, but the rooms are still having major work. There were only a few other guests in the entire place when we were there. Kind of bizarre. Rooms are new and clean. I did not like the tile floor in the rooms. I felt like I was walking on dirt after the first day. Construction noise wasn't much of a factor, but tools, electrical wiring, drywall dust, etc... was a bit much.

Second, location, location, location. This is not close to Disney. You can take several routes to Disney, but each one will be 30 minutes minimum. Either slow with lights or toll roads. Just be prepared. It is at the far East end of Kissimmee and Disney is West of Kissimmee.

Third, the waterpark is open 10-5. We were thinking we'd spend mostly later afternoons/evenings there so that was shot. Another guest commented to me that her kids were too short to use the water slides. Not sure of the restrictions, but I'd call to verify. Nothing worse than taking your kids and having them watch others have fun on the slides! All that being said, the waterpark is nice, new and fun. And since it was so slow, we had it to ourselves. No waiting! There is another pool open later, but it isn't heated and was really cold when we were there.

Fourth, the breakfast was a basic continental. Lots of breads and a couple pieces of fruit. I don't know where people got cinnamon roll french toast or waffles, but it wasn't there when we were. You can order off a menu, but the stove wasn't working the day we tried that.

Lastly, the staff was very pleasant and helpful. And the rates couldn't be beat, that's for sure. Maybe I was expecting too much from other glowing reports, but we were disappointed overall."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2008

Not a good experience

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We may have just been there at a bad time, but we were not impressed with staff or amenities. We booked through Hotwire and check-in was confusing since we had brought a puppy with us ($25/night fee!!). So much for the savings.

With three nice waterslides and a kiddie waterpark area, you'd expect there to be fun all the time, but during our weekend stay, the pool was closed until 9:30AM and the slides didn't open until 10:30AM. And everything closed at 5PM. I understand the desire to have quiet for other guests, but hello....it's a waterpark hotel!!
These hours were a bit disappointing to kids.

Breakfast was also a let down. I suppose guests are to order off the menu, so the continental items back in the corner of the restaurant were quite pathetic (toast, juice, bagel, cereal) for a resort. And good luck finding a tray to carry breakfast back to your room. And we found it odd that dirty dishes were not collected by housekeeping. I don't think we'll return."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of February 2008

A Treasure!

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"The place is brand new, the front desk was extremely helpful. Our room was clean, with so many amenities tucked in! Fridge/freezer, microwave, hair-dryer, flat-screen TV, good coffee maker, small sofabed, table, lots of nice mirrors. Our room faced the waterpark and had tinted windows, so we had a great view without everyone seeing inside.

Everything was well designed, co-ordinated and practical. Beds were so comfortable, they were better than a 5* resort we had stayed in.

The waterpark is really fun; our toddler liked the kiddie section - first time I've ever seen 'a playground in a 6" puddle'. It's spacious, plenty of lifeguards and cool equipment for all ages.

The owners came over to welcome us and made us feel like their personal guests.

All in all, wonderful hotel - highly recommended."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of February 2008

Wonderful!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We will definately use this property again! The staff both in the hotel and the waterpark were helpful, friendly and smiling! They kept the waterpark open just for us since we were the only guests at the hotel that day. The room was clean and brightly decorated. The matresses were very comfortable. The price was very reasonable. I give the Clarion an A+!"

• Travel date: Sun 13th of January 2008

Back from Iraq-Best Christmas Ever!

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"I am in the U.S. Marine Corp and just returned from a deployment in Iraq. I came back just before Christmas and wanted to surprise my fiance with a getaway to a resort. I chose the Clarion in Kissimmee because of its brand new private waterpark and newly renovated rooms I saw on the internet. We were there over the Christmas holiday and had a very nice romantic time together. The staff were helpful and friendly and made our time so enjoyable! Playing on the slides and relaxing in the lazy river were exactly what I needed after being overseas. My fiance loved eating right there are the hotel and sitting outside at the poolside bar next to the waterfall in the beautiful Florida sun. We will definitely recommend and revisit especially since we were able to bring our dog along and get to Sea World and other attractions in Orlando so quickly and easily."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of January 2008

Clarion Resort & Waterpark is FANTASTIC!!!!

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"The Clarion Resort & Waterpark is fantastic!!! The staff is very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and the beds were really comfortable. The waterpark is the best. The slides were great fun and the lazy river is great for relaxing and lounging in the sun. They even have little waterslides for smaller children. The snack bar by the pool was not open when I was there, however I was told it would be opening soon. This is a great place to stay. I know I will be booking my room there the next time I go to Kissimmee!"

• Travel date: Mon 31st of December 2007

Great Stay!!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"My stay at Clarion Waterpark was great.
The bed and pillows extremely comfortable. The room was very clean. The employees friendly. The restaurant was not quite organized but the breakfast that I took out was very good.
I will definitely be back - maybe in warmer weather to use the waterpark."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of December 2007

A fabulous time

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Once again my stay was awesome!! I am a returning guest. I was so inpressed the first time, I knew exactly where I wanted to stay when we decided to go to Orlando for the Thanksgiving weekend. The room we stayed in had tiled floors, not an old smelly carpet!! The double queen room was spacious. The pillow-top beds were great!! My toddler's pack and play fit perfectly between the beds and in the morning I place it in a corner of the room and still had plently of space. The room was equipped with a small refrig, microwave, coffee maker, ironing board, iron, hairdryer, safe and a make-up mirror, which was a plus for me!!! The decor in the rooms as well as the hotel was very modern!! The bathroom was clean, tiled and had a spacious tub. I loved the shower curtain, it had a sheer top portion!!! The room A/C worked like gem!! The soon-to-be opened waterpark looked awesome with slides and tunnels for a whole day of fun! No need to go to the parks, even though Disney World was only about a 15 minute straight drive up 192. They will have a restaurant opened soon on the premises as well as an outdoor cafe by the waterpark. We already booked a suite for our next year's Thanksgiving family vacation. Enjoy the stay, you will not regret it!! The Clarion Hotel and Waterpark in Kissimmee is our home away from home!!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of December 2007

Hotels near Flamingo Waterpark Resort

Stayed at Flamingo Waterpark Resort? Share your insight.

Flamingo Waterpark Resort is also called