Econo Lodge Maingate West

8620 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1001

Good

Fantastic holiday everyone must go at so...

Reviewed Sat 12th of January 2008

"Fantastic holiday everyone must go at some point in their life ! So much to do, food is cheap and people are lovely!

The tickets to Theme parks are a bit expensive but that is to be expected. I would recommend a hire car.

This hotel is very clean and not too expensive the staff are fantastic, it has 3 swimming pools and shops.

Kissimmee is a great base for all the theme parks and you can get free shuttle busses from the hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 12th of January 2008

Flight out with Thomsons was a disaster...

Reviewed Sat 4th of August 2007

"Flight out with Thomsons was a disaster (arrived at resort approx 12 hours late during the early hours of the morning).

Hotel did not meet with expectations. Although we were changed to a better room a few days in, accommodation was still poor in our view. We have stayed several times on I Drive and feel this did not meet the same standards.

Holiday itself was brilliant (as you would expect in Florida). Flight home - again problems with Thomsons. This time with their early check-in facility (off site). Issued with incorrect boarding passes which caused terrible problems for us at passport control!

Booked next year's Florida holiday already - we have booked a different hotel using a different tour company! Enough said!"

• Travel date: Sat 4th of August 2007

This hotel is situated on the 192, just...

Reviewed Wed 4th of July 2007

"This hotel is situated on the 192, just west of Walt Disney World. It’s only a 10 minute drive to WDW and minutes away from shops and restaurants.

The hotel covers quite a large area, we were given a room at the back of the complex, so it was really quiet. The room was what you would expect in a 2/3 star hotel in Kissimmee. Very clean room with TV/Bathroom.

We did however have to rent a refrigerator and microwave for our stay. This cost us about $15 a night.

The main reason we chose this hotel was because it had a childs playground. This was clean and tidy and was obviously fairly new at the time of our visit. I think our daughter (3 at the time) would have been happy to spend a fortnight on the swings and slides.

The main swimming pool is under cover, which provides you with shade. You can sit around the pool in the sun if you wish. There was a utility room and fitness room, neither of which we used.

We used the hotel restaurant for breakfast, children ate for free. We didn't use the restaurant for our main meals. I think it best to go out and explore the 192. There are many food outlets all within a 10 minute drive of the hotel.

There are 2 huge "Publix" supermarkets within minutes of the hotels. The nearest Walmart is further away. Buy your water/juice from here and take it to the parks, you'll save £'s.

The staff were all very friendly and helpful.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. Nothing very special, but excellent value for money, great location, and adequate facilities. I have stayed in many hotels on the 192 and this ranks as slightly above average.

Enjoy your stay."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of July 2007

I strongly advise you to avoid this reso...

Reviewed Sun 1st of April 2007

"I strongly advise you to avoid this resort. My wallet and iPod was stolen and the hotel management denied all responsibility. When I returned to the UK and reported this incident to the Tour Operator, the hotel closed ranks and denied any knowledge of it whatsoever.

Very disappointing and ruined our holiday. In addition, the air conditioning unit and shower plumping were faulty and the complex is in the middle of no-where.

One of my worst holidays ever!!

• Travel date: Sun 1st of April 2007

We wanted an inexpensive vacation since...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of May 2006

"We wanted an inexpensive vacation since we were going to spend most of our time at the parks.

We found the hotel clean although the exterior was not as nice as the rooms. The pool was clean and the staff was accommodating. The restaurant staff was very nice the food was standard American breakfast it was easy to stop and eat before we went out. They only serve breakfast in the main dinning room.

There is another restaurant at the hotel. We did not eat there. It was very quite while we were staying there we were able to relax after the parks. "

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of May 2006

Spent one week here during the UK Easter...

Reviewed Mon 30th of January 2006

"Spent one week here during the UK Easter holidays. The hotel and rooms were clean and well presented. The hotel is much more like a motel with easy access to almost all rooms from the car park. I did originally request a room next to the pool at a supplement. However I was so pleased that the hotel mucked our booking up! The hotel at the time of our visit was 80% occupied by Mexican families on holiday and quite a few school parties. This led to the pool area being used right up until it closed at 11pm by loads and loads of screaming children.

Breakfast was OK but nothing to shout about. Lots of precooked food left on hotplates along with all the usual cakes!

The bar area was OK with a BIG tv to watch although it was hogged by the barmaid watching America's Next Model.

It also has a DIY laundry which was great but buy your own washing powder at the supermarket as they charge a fortune at the hotel.

However if you are looking for a cheapish hotel/motel that is clean and to a fairly good standard then it will do.

Plus it is in fairly good position on the 192 to allow access to Disney etc within 15 mins."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of January 2006

Hotels near Econo Lodge Maingate West

Stayed at Econo Lodge Maingate West? Share your insight.

Econo Lodge Maingate West is also called