Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West

8536 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy, Kissimmee, FL 34747-1014

Good

Great Rates!!!!! Very Clean Rooms!!!!! Excellent Free Breakfast!!!!

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"I just wanted to let everyone know we had the best stay at Destiny Palms, we chekced other hotels but we decided on Destiny Palms, due to the free breakfast and having kids it saves alot of time and money. It is less than a few miles from Walt Disney and sits back and is very quite. The room was nice and clean and we even asked for extra the towels and they brought right down. Plus the other plus was the interent service to print our airline tickets. Overall a great hotel at a great price We rate this hotel a 4 star!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 11th of July 2009

Nice place good price

Reviewed Fri 10th of July 2009

"At first i was a little skeptical about the price however when i arrived and i was astounded with the accomodations. I was very pleased with the comfort, cleanliness, and exceptional service from the staff. I definetely recommend Destiny Palms to anyone traveling to the area."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of July 2009

value hotel

Reviewed Fri 1st of March 2013

"As a family of four, we found the rooms to be very small and the bathroom was tiny, but it did have a spacious shower which was nice. The rooms have granite topped furniture, flat screen tv, refrigerator, and very comfortable beds, which helped to make up for the lack of space. The rooms also have a toaster oven, but I think a microwave would have been more useful. The free breakfast was a nice perk and included waffles, bagels, pancakes, and assorted pastries and cereals. The cleanliness of the pool was a disappointment, but we didn't spend much time at the hotel anyhow. Overall, the hotel served its purpose as a place to shower and sleep, as most of the time we were at the attractions. Additionally, it was located about 10 minutes from the Disney Parks, which was very convenient."

• Travel date: Sun 5th of July 2009

A great value stay!!!

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"I wanted to stay overnight near the parks after coming late from the fireworks show, and we got this hotel for $24 on Hotwire. This was a great deal, considering its situated hardly 3 miles from the Disney World entrance.
The rooms are small, but if you're a couple without kids, this should be perfect. Our room was pleasantly well equipped - an LCD TV, a microwave oven, a coffee maker, iron, refrigerator, etc. We were looking forward to a nice hot bath in the tub, but unfortunately all they had was a shower - that was the only bummer!
The breakfast was pretty decent and the service was courteous"

• Travel date: Tue 19th of May 2009

A Most Horrible Hotel Stay

Reviewed Sun 3rd of February 2013

"Terrible!!

My husband and I took our son and his family for a two day stay at Destiny Palms Hotel. When we arrived we were told the elevator was broken. No problem, we would stay on the first floor. The clerk told us the wrong amount for the rooms ( we booked through Hotwire and we knew how much it should be). When my husband said we wouldn't stay there the clerk said, "It doesn't matter, you will pay for the first night anyway". We straightened out the amount and we stayed. (We were correct)

We wanted to take a shower before going out to eat and found there was no hot water. My husband went to the front desk and was told to check out two other rooms on the first floor to see if they had hot water. They did so he said we would take them. The clerk said we couldn't have them because they were reserved for groups. He was told we could have one room on the first floor and the other on the second floor. Both my son and I have had knee surgery and said we couldn't walk the stairs. He said we could keep the rooms we had and the water would be fixed in the morning. (The manager was off until Wednesday so we had no choice).

The next morning we went to breakfast and found that it was poor, so we went to McDonald's across the parking lot.

The next afternoon the water was working, but now the toilet wouldn't flush. I reported it and it was fixed soon. Then we asked if housekeeping was going to clean the rooms. (It was 3:30 P.M.) They said he would be in soon. He came in at 4:00 P.M.

On Wednesday I went to the desk and asked to see the manager. The girl at the desk said she was the manager. She became very defensive when I voiced my complaints. I was not rude, but she was not happy that I had concerns. She said she worked all week-end and there were no problems. She asked me if the desk clerk checked to see if there was indeed no hot water. I said no. She said the only thing the clerk did wrong was to send my husband into another room. She was very rude.
Her attitude was that she didn't care.

I looked at her name tag and noticed she wasn't the manager at all. She was the front desk supervisor. She said her new tag hadn't arrived yet, but if I wanted to call the man whose name is on their card I could, but he didn't run that hotel She did. She then gave me the card and I went to my room and called the number on the card. She answered!

The next day I called the corporate office in Atlanta. The lady was very nice and told me I would receive a call from another man. He never called.

We were not happy. I woud never recommend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

Great Deal

Reviewed Mon 21st of January 2013

"I was a bit weary of booking here since I had never heard of them and I usually use Marriot for Business travel. I had a last minute assignment and needed a room for the same night. This hotel was very close to where I needed to be so I was willing to take a chance. I arrived after 10pm and the parking lot was empty so I thought it would be a dump, but boy was I wrong. The lobby was spotless, the night manager very friendly, got a room where I wanted. The room itself was a shocker; LCD TV, granite desk, countertops and sink. Very well lit and no strange odors. Huge comfy bed and a very good A/C system. The included breakfast was limited but very well presented and everything looked fresh; coffee was GREAT. The only thing was a $5.95 "resort fee" which I'm not sure about but all in all, my bill was under $75 so I can't complain. If my travels ever take me there, they can count on me staying again"

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

Great Location, Great Bargain

Reviewed Thu 17th of January 2013

"I booked my stay through AAA at a rate of $40/night. For this price, the hotel was a fantastic bargain. The rooms are small, but for a couple with no kids the size is perfect. Nice king bed, very comfortable and each room has a toaster oven and tall (college dorm size) fridge. The staff are very cordial and helpful. You can tell that the hotel is still in the process of fixing itself up...I think they just renovated in the fall of 2007...but it's doing a great job. The first room we had smelled a little bit musty, but when I asked to switch to another room, the woman at the front desk was extremely helpful and apologetic. She made the move to another room very easy, and we were able to move to the room next door which had no smell at all. She explained that they have been a bit slow so some of the rooms aren't getting much use, which I can understand. The hotel is very quiet and you can walk to a McDonald's or a Houlihan's right in the parking lot. Instead of spending money at either of these restaurants, we went right across the street to a Publix (Florida grocery store) and got some milk, bread, snacks, etc. and made sandwiches and snacks in the room. This was great also because we were able to take sandwiches and snacks into Disney with us. Publix is not overpriced and has the same prices as they do at the one down the street from where we live (in Tampa). Another bonus is its convenient location to Disney -- it's right off 192 and when we left the parks at the end of the night, we were back at the hotel in 15 minutes. I'd definitely stay here again on my next trip to Disney."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of June 2008

Beware!

Reviewed Tue 8th of January 2013

"We stayed at the Destiny Palms for one week in March. On arrival we were told our room was not available due to a flood. The only option to us was a King bed room. We had booked a Double Queen room. We had no choice to stay as we pre-paid our room with Expedia. No management was available at the hotel and the desk clerk was 'new'. We were told may be ready for us the second day. The first room was terrible. The bathroom was in desperate need a a thorough cleaning, and the room had a distinct smell of Cigar.

The next day we spoke with the manager, Charlie who still stated Double Queen bed rooms were available and to check back later. In the evening we spoke with Charlie and expressed our displeasure. We contacted Expedia who were no help! We were provided an adjoining King Room were we stored the luggage and extra furniture that was in the room. The second room was cleaner, so we slept in there!

We spoke to a few travellers who arrived that day, learning that double Queen Rooms were available when they arrived, furthermore we learned of a large group who arrived taking many of those rooms. For a family at the hotel, the staff were not very accomodating!

The third day we were provided with a double queen room which had experienced the water damage. The room had a fowl odour due to the water damage....and took many day to air out.

The hotel advertised Bath and Body works products in every room - we did not see any! Just really cheap products!
Ice machines, only one was working for the whole hotel on the third floor. Washer and Dryer, about 15 years old and need of replacing. Hallway carpets were always noted as dirty! NO tub in the rooms, just showers!

The only positive thing I can say about this hotel, the Deluxe continental breakfast was great!

As a result of the inconvenience the hotel provided us with not resort fees (which was not much considering the experience).

Given the number of resorts available in this area, I would not recomend this hotel! BEWARE!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of March 2008

Loved the Destiny

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"Very nice, updated, clean room, a little small, but adequate. Hotel staff is friendly and courteous. Continental breakfast is adequate. No complaints....would stay again and recommend to others. Good rate. We spent 9 nights and were very pleased overall."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of March 2008

Recommended

Reviewed Wed 16th of January 2013

"There are countless hotels competing for your patronage around Disney World. Some are quite inexpensive, but sort of beat. Destiny Palms is in a very good location, and I got the room at a great price. The room was nicely decorated and clean, and the continental breakfast was decent. My one problem was that one night there were a lot of extremely noisy kids in the lobby that you could hear all over the hotel, and the noise went on for quite some time. No one at the desk asked them to break it up and to get any sleep, I had to go down and tell them to quiet down myself. And this, I think, is part of my concern for this hotel. It's a good find, and I'd stay there again. It's one of those hotels that's had probably hseveral incarnations under other names. It's holding up OK, but due to the reasonable pricing, I think the management needs to be sure to maintain its standards. The hotel is positioned where it's easy to overlook it, placed well behind other businesses that front the main road. Under its new ownership, I hope the hotel stays as clean and well-kept as it currently is, and that it makes sure its guests are treated respectfully (don't let noisy kids hang out in the lobby). The hotel will need to publicize well, because (unfortunately) not being a recognizable brand name may be a handicap, and although convenient to Disney, its location along the strip is easy to miss. I wis the hotel well, and I will refer it to other Disney-goers."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of March 2008

Hotels near Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West

Stayed at Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West? Share your insight.

Destiny Palms Hotel Maingate West is also called