About Comfort Inn Maingate

• russian amenities
  • spanish amenities
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • kids stay free
  • portuguese amenities
  • swahili

Great Value for the PRice

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Just returned from a very enjoyable 7 night stay here. We were a little worried when reading mixed reviews on this place, but everything was great. We were asked about our room preferences and all were accomodated. We were allowed an early check-in and assigned a room on the first floor, facing the pool area, with a king size bed, sofa sleeper in a small alcove, refrigerator, and microwave. The room was very clean and housekeeping did an excellent job every day and every staff member we encountered as cheerful and polite. The heated pool was very nice but they may have been having problems with the heat when we were there because it was only warm enough to swim one day out of seven. All in all a clean, decent place to stay. It isn't a 5* hotel, but you're not paying for one either. Would definitely stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of February 2005

not bad

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Recently stayed here for 2 weeks. We payed extra for an upgraded room with fridge and microwave, luckily this room had just been re fitted, so it was nice, clean and fresh. We did look at a normal room, however it had seen better days. A few down sides, they were refitting and repainting etc all the rooms next to ours, so there was a lot of noise and commotion, no explaintion or apoligies from the hotel staff themselves, just the workmen. The pool area was ok, has seen better days, prehaps they are refitting the whole place. The hotel is in a good location, close to everything and restraunts within walking distance. Limited facilites we thought. All in all the hotel did provide a good base, but don't think we would stay here again."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of December 2004

Filthy!!!!

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"This is the filthiest hotel I have ever stayed in. We had to put towels on the chairs before we would sit on them. Carpets were stained and filthy. Asked for non-smoking and got a smoking room. Five minutes after we checked in we noticed 3 police cars at the restaurant next door. Someone told us a lady was just mugged there and the police dogs traced the robber's scent to the Clarion."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of October 2004

Great location,freindly staff,homely

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"This was my third time to Florida, and idealy a good place to stay.I have done the villa's and houses but this was more a holiday. Nice to relax at night in the pool and jacusi by the bar, and talk to the friendly American holiday makers.Staff were helpful.Breakfast is cheaper elsewhere.
Rooms are roomy,my girls(16 & 13) had enough room to do their hair!
While we were there we met 'Hurricane Frances',the staff were tremendous and we felt very safe.
Florida is not worth the mention!As everyone knows............its Great!
I would return to the Clarion(Its not the Ritz but I didn't pay for the Ritz)."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of September 2004

Enjoyed my stay at the Clarion

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I did extreme amounts of research when booking my vacation to Florida and thanks to trip advisor I was able to read comments about all of the hotels I was researching and finally decided to stay at the Clarion from June 20th to June 26th with my son and my boyfriend and we enjoyed our stay very much. We received a room with a frig and a microwave which saved us from having to spend money on breakfast everyday and we had snacks when we got back from a long day at the parks. We did treat ourselves to eating out every night because the hotel was near a large variety of restaurants e.g. IHOP, Red Lobsters, Sizzlers, Denny's, McDonald's, Burger King. Supermarkets, gift shops and a Walgreens were I developed all my vacation pictures were also nearby. The location was 15 minutes away from all of the Disney theme parks and although the hotel offered free shuttle service we rented a car and we were able to enjoy some of the theme parks at night when the sun isn't as hot and the lines for the rides aren't as long. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful and the heated pool was so nice that my son preferred to be at the hotel enjoying the pool than waiting in line to see Mickey. My family and I were very pleased with our stay and would definetly stay again."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of June 2004

Would definitely stay here again!!!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"My husband and I got this hotel for $30/night for three nights using Priceline. Thanks to the tip I got from one of the reviews, I joined Choice Privileges and got a free room upgrade (with ref and microwave). FOR THE PRICE WE PAID, this hotel was excellent. The front desk staff was friendly; check-in and check-out were very fast (~1 or 2 minutes); location was perfect; everything including the bathroom, beddings and ref were clean. We did not try the buffet breakfast though, instead we took out food from Dennys which was just adjacent to the hotel. All in all, we were extremely pleased with our experience and we would definitely stay here again!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2004

Clarion Maingate Hotel

Reviewed Mon 5th of November 2012

"Great location, dumpy hotel. My husband and I stayed at the Clarion Maingate from March 1 - March 11, 2004 (inclusive). It is in an excellent location, because it's close to all the major theme parks, attractions, and restaurants. The bus shuttle that runs daily to the Walt Disney World parks is an added bonus. Blake, at the tour desk, was very friendly and helpful. He was constantly giving us dine-out coupons for great restaurants. As we were sick of eating theme-park food (burgers, pizza, etc.), we ventured out twice to Kobe's Steak House for Japanese Teppanyaki. It was delicious!! The buffet breakfast at the hotel was cold and blah. We ended up having most of our breakfasts at the Dunkin' Donuts across the street (smoked salmon cream cheese on toasted bagel -- yummy.) We never tried out the pool or the hot tub...it didn't look very clean. The worst part of our trip was the hotel room. The bathroom was dirty (old, grimy tub). To top it off, the room above ours had a leaking a/c. For two nights, we had to try to sleep through constant dripping noises on the window ledge. Finally, my frustrated husband called the front desk to complain. At 2am in the morning, they sent someone up with a bunch of towels to put on the ledge to minimize the noise... an hour later, after the towels were completed soaked through, the dripping noise returned. After another complaint to the front desk, and with an addition of a few more towels, the noise finally subsided. Other than that, we had a great time. The weather was great, the parks were a lot of fun (Typhoon Lagoon was a blast -- six foot waves in their surf pool!!), and there are plenty of good restaurants around the area. However, I wouldn't recommend staying at this hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of June 2004

Great location...good hotel!

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"We had the pleasure of attending beautiful Orlando, FL, it's theme parks and the Clarion Hotel Maingate over Easter 2004.

The hotel's proximity to eating establishments and the theme parks as well as International Drive is hard to beat.

We enjoyed the pool although found the spa to be a little on the hot side. Too hot I think!

The breakfast buffet was average and the room we had was clean and comfortable although if you want the sheets changed daily you will have to place a notice on the bed telling them to do so. (Something about not changing the sheets because of the high daily cost of washing, drying and the laundry detergent that is not good for the enviroment.)

Except for a constantly running toilet which I did report to the front desk but ended up fixing myself and the maids 'forgetting' to clean our room one day as well as the replacement of our 'in the bathroom' coffee maker (for some reason they took the old one out and replaced it with a new one but, unlike the old one, they just left the new coffee maker on the small bathroom vanity), everything at the Clarion went as well as could be expected.

The staff at the front desk, restauraunt and pool were all very pleasant and we would definately stay at this hotel again when we return to Orlando.

Who knows maybe the next time the swans that they advertise on their website as making their home in the hotel's front pond will actually be around!"

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2004

Really nice hotel

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Stayed at this hotel for an extended weekend. Very nice.

Wish we could have gotten a room with a refrigerator, though.

Easy to locate. Close to attractions. Within walking distance to many places.

Would skip the breakfast buffet. It isn't very appetizing and not worth the cost...especially since you are automatically charged 15% for the tip for someone to bring a nasty cup of coffee to your table and then disappear for the rest of your meal.

If I ever go down to Kissimmee, again, I would stay at this hotel again."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of May 2004

Great location

Reviewed Fri 30th of November 2012

"Just got back from staying at this hotel today. Great location and clean rooms. We had a Choice Privleges card so we were upgraded to a room with a fridge, microwave, and sofa sleeper. We had a problem with the tv but it was fixed that day. Restaurants were very close and the theme parks are within 15 minutes. Very nice hotel, would stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of May 2004