Champions World Resort

8660 W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy (A.K.A West US-192), Kissimmee, FL 34747-1001

Good

nice and relaxing

"we were a little leary about booking our stay after reading some of the reviews but it was indead a pleasure, the staff was very helpful and the rooms were bug and mold free, we filtered from pool to pool and so on. it was a very relaxing stay the breakfast was a bit different then accumsed to but was good, and the one man omelete maker is great and pleasant and friendly, check in was friendly and helpful and so was check out. had a slight problem opening room door and maintance assisted us with no problems there after.. the a/c worked/ the rooms were clean, really had no problems..wil return.."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of April 2009

I great place to relax and have fun--we had 3 weeks of R&R ---every thing right there at the Resort

"the hotel was a great place to spend our 3 weeks away --the weather was great --the staff was always ready and happy to help us with any thing----the restaurant had great food and the kareoke nights were fun----lots of places to relax and get sun---handy clothes washing facilities---very nice exercise room--big windows to let in the light while u exercised-----we had a great time there and will --for sure--go back next year --maybe even for more weeks----thank you to all of the staff for the great job they did --and hope to see them all next year ---I recommend this Hotel to every one --singles --married couples and families--- we meet some very nice people--also on vacation ---- that I am sure we will remember for a long time -----the location of the Hotel is perfect -----close to everything but away from the down town of Kissimmee---thank you again --see u next year----Katherine and Terry ----southern part of Ontario Canada"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of April 2009

BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU BOOK INTO THIS HOTEL

"6 months after i returned back from this hotel. I was charged nearly £300 to my credit card for my accomodation stay. They reckon my virgin holiday did not pay them for my stay. I now have to try and claim this back... but does not look good. AS WHEN YOU CHEXK IN THEY SWIPE YOUR CREDIT CARD AND BY SIGNIING THE FORM YOU ARE EFFECTIVELY AGREEING FOR THE HOTEL TO CHARGE YOUR CARD IN CASE YOUR TRAVEL OPERATOR FAILS TO PAY THE HOTEL... It was noisey too with local americans drinking and shouting byt the pool toll 4am for the first week of our holiday. I would never never stay here again. I love florida and stayed at much better places than here"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of April 2009

Beware of Bed Bugs!

"My daughter and I recently spent two weeks at this hotel, during which time we had 2 room changes. On the 2nd night we returned to find our room flooded due to the cleaner leaving the hot water tap turned on full. We were given keys to another room, but no apology or assistance, and having unpacked everything once, had to move it all at midnight after a long day in the parks. One morning in the 2nd room, my daughter was covered in bites, which I thought at first must have been due to mosquitos the night before, although she felt they had occurred during the night. I had seen one or two things crawling on the pillows and bed, but hadn't thought much of it. The next night she slept almost fully dressed, but still awoke to find exposed areas even more bitten, especially her face and neck. At that point I squashed one of the bugs and it was full of blood so we realised they must be bed bugs. We complained to reception, no apology or acknowledgement of the bugs. When we returned that evening we asked the receptionist if the problem had been dealt with as my daughter was feeling particularly anxious. The girl laughed and said there couldn't be a problem as there had been no report of one from the housekeepers. We ended up sharing one bed that night and I had also started to feel uncomfortable by that time. I went to the bathroom in the night and found a bed bug inside my nightdress. I too had numerous bites the next morning. We did move room but it was our last night by then. We consequently missed a day at the parks and had to move all our belongings - again no real apology. I spoke to the woman on reception who said she was the manager, but the hotel did not try to help or compensate us in any way. When we left we asked the receptionist about the bites as we were concerned about what to tell our doctor if we continued to have problems when we got home. We were told that the head housekeeper was off as it was Easter Monday, so again no help. Arriving home, I learnt that bed bugs can be transported home from infested hotels and although I shook all my clothes before packing them, this is still really concerning me and I'm still itching and feeling, feeling anxious, and having bad dreams about bugs!

To add insult to injury we had to walk all the way to Walgreen's (the nearest pharmacy) and buy our own antihistamine creams and sprays. We also bought all sorts of bug repellants, although these were never going to help the problem. Added to lost use of Disney tickets, this cost us quite a lot of money.

Another thing to beware of is the advertised free shuttle. Naively I thought this service would be similar to the WDW shuttles, coming every 20 minutes or so! In fact, it leaves at 7.40 a.m. or 11 a.m. and returns at 6 p.m. from Magic Kingdom or 9.45 p.m. from Epcot/10 p.m. from Magic Kingdom. It goes all round the houses to make pick ups from other hotels and the only difference between this 'cattle truck' and the sort of bus service you see in third world countries is that people weren't acutally travelling on the roof or hanging on to the outsides. It must surely have been illegal and was very dangerous. Additionally, Magic Kingdom is open until midnight or 1 a.m. and as the fireworks only start at 10 p.m. it was impossible to see them if using the shuttle.

We booked a taxi through the woman in reception on our first day, but this was a mistake as she took a cut of $6 on top of the $24 we paid the taxi driver, (who was already sitting outside). We never used a taxi through the hotel again.

There is a lot of noise in the hotel rooms, both from the outside and from adjoining rooms. The expletives coming through the wall made me feel at times as though I'd been transported to the Jerry Springer Show! Now I know what it must be like to live in a trailer park, or maybe a trailer park is nicer.

The only redeeming point in the hotel was the barmaid/server called Kim. Apparently she was new there and did try really hard.

Unless you have a car, there is absolutely nothing going on around this area of US192, so not a good choice if, like us, you are depending on public transport or taxis.

Generally, however, I would certainly recommend avoiding this hotel. I think if we lived in the US we would probably have a legal case against them and although I appreciate that things can go wrong, a decent place would then go out of its way to put them right and compensate for the distress or inconvenience. This was never the case at Champions World - more like a place for losers, unfortunately.

If you have a holiday already booked at the hotel, I'm sorry and hope you're not feeling too depressed after reading this. We still enjoyed our holiday, it was just the hotel that was the low point!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of April 2009

Don't let the ratings fool You

Good

"I had the pleasure of staying at this hotel for 10 days, and I most definately am going back next year. My room was cleaned everyday and fresh towels placed out for me. The staff was always courteous and friendly. The recent renovations by the new owners are great and i can't wait to see what new improvements come next year. I loved the heated pool and the patio area where you can just lay back and relax after a luxurious swim. I"m definately making this hotel a yearly stopover."

• Travel date: Sat 11th of April 2009

Great price, Good location; OK hotel!

"We stayed here in August '08, when it was still part of the Howard Johnson chain.

The lobby/breakfast area was undergoing renovations ...
Overall the hotel looked a little outdated, not kept up too well.

Keeping this in mind I would still say it is/was a good hotel, especially considering the nightly rate of 18 (!) euros/night.

It isn't as close to Disney as some other hotels, but it's close enough.
Restaurants and Walmart are nearby, so that shouldn't be a problem either.

All in all I'd recommend this hotel. Keep in mind though, that you get what you pay for."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of March 2009

Bring ear plugs!

"This place was dirty and had mold in the bathroom. The outter bathroom sink did not drain either. They make you think its like a resort which it is far from. They over charged my credit card then when I called they said they do that then credit me back. The WORST part about it was being kept up all night by the 2 people next to me....ya know. I think the walls must have been paper thin cause I heard EVERYTHING! Stay somewhere else. Trust me!"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of February 2009

Not bad for a last resort place

"I booked the room on Dec. 14 for my stay Dec. 30- Jan.1 with Hotels.com. I booked this hotel because it was cheap, close to disney, and I didn't have alot of other options. When I got to the hotel I tried to put a postive spin on it for my girlfriend who was not impressed by the site of the hotel. The hotel's main part of the building is not bad, not the Hilton but just okay. I went to the counter to check in and sure enough I did get a bad attuide from the clerk just like I read on the reviews. The clerk asked from my name and tried to check me in, but she said I didn't have a reservation. Thankfully I printed out the Hotels.com confirmation and gave it to her. The clerk then took it in the back to talk to the manager and it was 10 minutes before they came back and thankfully they gave us a room.
When we pulled up to our room we noticed how bad the condition of the building was. We went to the room and my girlfriend wasn't to happy about room and commented how she wanted a blacklight to shine on the sheets. I didn't mind as It looked kinda clean and was larger than I thought. We didn't spend that much time in the room as we were at Disney which is close but traffic can make it seem longer than it is. Another bad thing is that it is extremly loud all the time as people move about. And also if you don't shower early you will end up with no hot water. Overall it was cheap place to stay. If you have the time to book in advance I would check out other hotels."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of January 2009

A hotel at the lowest end of the market.

"We stayed at this hotel purley as a last resort due to the collapse of XL and not being able to afford the extra first choice were going to charge for the same hotel, Quality Inn Plaza.

We traveled as a group of 6 comprising of 4 adults and two children occupying 2 rooms. Initially we had problems locating the hotel as there was no signage visible in the dark, their normal Howard Johnson sign was covered by, what looked like a bed sheet with Champions world resort printed on it.

Nothing was mentoned to us about a daily service charge from the travel agent or checkin desk, it was purley visiting this site that I knew about it. They asked for a credit card without explaining what it was for.

We entered our two rooms only to find that one of them had a pile of dirty linen at the footend of both beds, so we complained and were given two rooms outside one of their pools. 'Great 'you may thing. To our dismay this pool was empty and undergoing maintenance thus every morning we were woken to the sound of workmen and close to the end of the holiday our rooms filled with the toxic smell of paint. This, we think, made two of our part ill.

Anyway after entering our second rooms I noticed in ours a swarm of ants around one of the sinks, but by this time we were so tired and hungry all we could do was think about was ordering food and getting some sleep.

Our showers were fine, we had hot water on demand although the decore needs improvement.

We ate breakfast there on the first morning of our holiday and the
restaurant area did look clean.

T'V' was limited reg channels, disappointed that coffee making facilities weren't in our rooms but they provide you with an iron and ironing board, can't see the logic in that but nevermind.

On our last night we had another room change due to a loud coach party of kids keeping us awake till 3am the night before.

On the second week of our stay they lit up a sign stating that every fri and sat eve there is live entertainment. Well we had to laugh when all that we could find was a musical santa on the reception counter.

The location of the hotel I must say is really the only benifit this establishment has going for it.

All in all this hotel really is at the bottom end of the market and clearly shows thats it's only suitable for those who can't afford to pay big amounts, but all I can say is save up for another month and you can easily find a more respectable place to stay."

• Travel date: Wed 14th of January 2009

Pretty Bad

"We stayed at the hotel for a soccer tournament at Disney, during the Christmas Holiday. The hotel actually looks like the combination of three separate hotels into one complex.

On the good side, the hotel was mainly clean. We did find a dead coachroach, but at least it was dead. The pools also appeared ok, but small.

On the negative, the hotel was old and shabby. Renovations are desperately needed.

The internet wireless service (a basic requirement in these days) was atrocious. Connection problems and dropouts abounded. This was really bad, as I was trying to keep up with work during the trip.

The breakfast was expensive and not included in the room rate.

The hot water was almost non-existent in the mornings. If you did not take your shower at 6am, you were in tepid or downright cold water.

Several of our team members had problems. One had no working shower. Another had no working television. In the lobby, there was a litany of complaints about non-working equipment.

If given a choice, I would not return."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2009

Stay Away!!!

"Don't stay in this hotel, if you decide to stay, don't pay extra for "Free Breakfast". The free breakfast is a very deceiving offer. For each double room you only get a voucher for 2. I was very upset because I was paying for 2 rooms and then when I complained I was insulted by the manager in front of my children and nephews."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of April 2016

Champions World Resort - no customer care! Hazardous!

"Champions World Resort is a good value for the price you pay until something happens... And then you realize that customer service is nonexistent and they really don't care at all about their patrons!
I am a single mom of 3 children under 12 years old, one of them being disabled...... I'd been saving up to take them to Disney for Spring Break for quite some time.  We were going for 6 days and 7 nights and doing all the parks.  We'd never done the water parks before, and the kids were extremely excited to give them a try.
I booked us at Champions World because we had stayed there once before and the rates were decent and the room was a good fit for my family.  Every night when we came back from Disney,  we'd play for a while in the pool before bed, and then again every morning before hitting the parks.  On the fourth night of our stay, my 10 year old daughter sliced her foot open in the pool.  She was getting out of the pool in the deep end of the pool, using e ladder that had just been "reopened" (it had been taped off previously because of a missing step) when she stepped on the top step and something on it, cut a deep slice all along the bottom of her big toe... It looked like the skin had been peeled off ... It was about 1/4" wide and 2-3 inches long right alone the bottom of her big toe.... It bled like crazy.  I took her to the room, tried to clean it up and get the bleeding to stop.
I called the front desk to let them know what happened so they could check the ladder, and ask if they had a first aid kit.   I was told they had gauze and might have some band aids.  I told them I would bring her right up.   Because it was late, there was no manager, so the front desk clerk handed me a roll of gauze and I tried to wrap my crying daughter's toe as well as I could.  It wasn't a wound that could be stitched, the skin was completely removed, there was noting to stitch closed.  I advised the clerk that I'd see if bandaging would work and I'd give her some Tylenol and hopefully that would help.  While there she asked if I wanted to fill out an accident report.  I did and she assured me the manager would follow up with me the next day.
Luckily the resort is located near several stores, and I was able to get some first aid supplies,  and Tylenol for my daughter...   The next morning when we were getting ready, every time my daughter would walk, the cut would start bleeding again... With the continuing bleeding, there was no way that we could do the water parks which we'd been saving for or last days.  My children were extremely upset, but understanding...  And I'm out the difference in price on the tickets..... Not only that, but there's no way she can even walk around the parks...  My only options were to go home early or rent a wheelchair and push her around all day......
Needless to say, I rented a wheelchair from the park during each of our 3 remaining days and pushed her around all over MK, Hollywood Studios, and AK.   Wheel chair rental as $12 each day... As opposed to having to leave with miserable children, I thought it was a deal..... Little did I know!
When we got back to our room that first day aft she was injured, there was no msg from the manager... And it being late, she had already left.... The next day I went to the lobby and asked to speak with her.  I told her what happened and she told me the she'd been off yesterday and still hadn't had a chance to read the report yet.  I waited for about 20mins while she found it and read it.  I explained that I had to rent a wheelchair and informed her that I thought they should reimburse me at least for that... I also told her that we'd been u able to go to the watermarks for fear of infection, pain, etc.  I gave her the receipts, she said she'd send it to their insurance company, because they handle any problems and told me that they'd definitely contact me within 48 hours..... I informed her that I wasn't very happy about this, that it'd certainly impacted our vacation, that my daughter was hurt, I was out money, and MY back was killing me from pushing a wheelchair for miles for days!
Now any decent company would have adjusted my bill at LEAST for the wheel chair rental, rig there... But no... Not Champions!
Now we're home... It's been nearly 3 weeks since this happened... I've Not received a single call from their insurance company.... Have called and spoke to e same manager at Champions 3 times and she keeps assuring me she'll contact the insurance company... They won't give me any other contact information....
My daughter has a scar on her foot... I'm still out of pocket $36 and first aid supplies.... Oh yes and I aggravated my back pushing the wheelchair and and having to see a chiropractor (haven't been to one for more than 10 yrs when I was in a car accident) so I can continue to function and raise my 3 kids and work.....
And Champions doesn't even have the decency to return a phone call!
I wasn't looking for a lawsuit, I would have been happy with an adjustment to my bill to compensate for the expenses I incurred because of their pool!!
A business is only as good as their customer service and care.... For this, Champions definitely is a failure!

• Travel date: Fri 13th of April 2012

Hotels near Champions World Resort

Stayed at Champions World Resort? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Champions World Resort

• SingleMomOf3 by SingleMomOf3

"Bring a first aid kit and an attorney "

• MVH by MVH

"Don't pay the extra fee for free breakfast. Don't talk to the manager. "

Champions World Resort is also called