Good

Very Impressive

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"All of these reviews are right on. This place is truly impressive. The staff is very helpful and the rooms are amazing, the pool is great, and the location is perfect. I would recomend this hotel to anyone looking to stay in Key West!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of August 2009

Friendly, Chic, & Right In The Heart of Key West

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"I absolutely recommend this to anyone who's looking for great service, friendly staff & nice peaceful getaway. The rooms are very clean and very well decorated. The location is perfect because you're right on Duval Street close to everything. The kids loved it too! The general manager Jose Perez was an excellent help! I don't think my weekend would have been a success without him."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of August 2009

Better Than Excellent

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Orchid Key Inn and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. While the internet did not work well at all in some areas, the rooms were extremely clean, beautifully and modernly decorated, and stocked with Bath and Body brand soaps, lotions, shampoos, and conditioners. Two of the three staff members we met were wonderful, while the other was obnoxious. Brandon and Shaun were very enthusiastic, personable, entertaining, and most importantly, helpful. The man named Jack who works there is beyond rude and is not at all concerned with helping the guests.
There was a nice variety of fruits, pastries, cereals, and yogurts for breakfast, and the pool and hot tub were very clean and inviting."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of July 2009

I couldn't imagine staying anywhere else!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"This was our first trip to Key West and we could not have had better accommodations! Let me start off by saying that Brandon was the most attentive and efficient host I have ever met! We searched, and searched, and researched several hotels in the area and the Orchid Key has everything. You are within walking distance to everything, and the best part is that it is located on the quieter end of Duval. We were sooo thankful for this after passing some of the other potential Inns located pretty much in the "heart-of-it-all." Hemingway's house is literally just around the corner, and the Southernmost House, and the famous Southern Most Point are just a few more blocks from there. Shopping, great restaurants, and lively night life are all just a few blocks in either direction.
The actual property of Orchid Key Inn is quite spectacular in and of itself. A beautiful array of stunning tropicals surround the grounds and the spacious pool and jacuzzi area making for a most pleasant poolside experience.
The continental breakfast was quite a surprise as well! Fresh fruit, assorted pastry and doughnuts, breads, hard boiled eggs, juices and coffee, what more could you want?!! But if you do, there is a FABULOUS Cuban restaurant right next store that serves a fantastic breakfast, and a Denny's just across the street!!
The Room! OMG, the room!! I felt like I was swept back to the 1950's... Modern 1950's! This room was UNBELIEVABLE!! From the soft yet slightly firm king size bed with it's 400 thread count sheets, and the most comfortable duvet I have ever felt, to the elegant splendor of the bathroom! A huge walk-in shower stocked with Bath and Body Works products was a special surprise, as was the scale--to make sure you didn't over eat while on vacation!!
And if there is anything more you could possibly need or want, just ask Brandon! This gentleman recommended some of the best food we have ever had and would quite possibly come back down just to have again! Brandon went the extra mile everyday to make sure our stay was even better than the day before! Brandon knows the area like the back of his hand so do not hesitate to ask him where anything is.
From it's sleek Retro styling and glamorous comfort to it's outstanding host, Brandon, the Orchid Key Inn should be your only choice for Key West accommodations!!"

• Travel date: Wed 29th of July 2009

Beautiful friendly hotel

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Orchid Key Inn in June 2009. It was lovely, very clean, immaculately refurbished and very friendly. The free happy hour drinks was an added bonus and breakfast was fresh and tasty with a wide selection of pastries. We will definitely revisit the Orchid Key in th future."

• Travel date: Fri 24th of July 2009

Just As I Expected

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"This is the 1st time that my wife and I have been to Key West. I am 55 and my wife is 49. For the past 10 years, we have repeatedly been staying at the Tamarijn Aruba Beach (all-inclusive) Resort for a couple of weeks each year, along with vacationing in Ocracoke, NC for a couple of weeks each year. Our July's have usually been spent in other Carribean locations, but we chose to change that this year. After reading the reviews on the Orchid Key Inn, we decided to book 4 nights here. We stayed in Room 107 which wa small but still roomy. The entire Inn is very contemporary when compared with the other Key West Inns. I've never seen a cleaner room or grounds. The pool, although small, is ideal for the 24 guest rooms. We had a blast meeting different people at the pool and at the free happy hour from 5 - 7 PM (currently at the sister resort, Almond Tree Inn, across the street, as the Orchid Key Inn does not have a liquor license yet). Both Brandon and Shawn at the front desk go above what you'd expect from front desk clerks. They help with restaurants and activities and will also set up your activities for you if you want. While in Key West, we took the Yankee II to the Dry Tortugas. This was somewhat expensive ($320.00 for both of us), but it was an all-day activity and worth it if it is important to you that you get there. It isncludes a small breakfast and a full lunch. The Fort has a somewhat mild history, but very interesting. If you are only going there for the snorkeling, you will probably do better just going to Fort Zachary Taylor State Park on Key West, where we regularly met with Barracudas. The location of the Orchid Key Inn is ideal. We rented a scooter one day, but got rid of it early after driving around for a few hours. It seems that everything you want to see in Key West is within a short stroll from the inn. The Inn itself is a very relaxing environment. I wish I could say more, but I would only be repeating what the prior reviews say. We were also able to look at the rooms at the Almond Tree Inn and, although not as contemporary, have found them to be just as clean and accommodating. You won't go wrong with either Inn."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of July 2009

Key West's Best Kept Secret!

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"As a regular visitor to Key West, I have never had a better experience than when staying at the Orchid Key Inn. Brendan was wonderful. He takes pride in his work and it shows in his staff too. Rooms were flawless. Service was great. Good location. Can't wait for the bar to open once the City okays it! Don't think I will stay anywhere else!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of July 2009

FANTASTIC HOTEL!!

Good
Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We've stayed in several hotels in Key West. The Orchid Key Inn has been the absolute BEST! Right on Duvall, an easy walk to everything....we had family in friends all over the hotel and I can assure you ALL the rooms are GREAT! I will definintely return!"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of July 2009

Everything we wanted and more!!!!!!! Best Value, Best Customer Service!

Reviewed Thu 13th of December 2012

"We have been coming down to Key West, Fl for about 10 years. We have stayed here many, many times as the Ley Lodge Motel. We came for the price, we returned for the value. Everything you knew about the Key Lodge (other than the embionce), forget. We returned this year after missing one year, and were totally SHOCKED. It is amazing! Total overhaul! WOW rooms are gorgeous, outstanding customer Service...BRANDON is the BOMB!!!!! There is not one bad thing I can think of to say about this place. NOT ONE!!! We love it and return again and again. Close to everything, and what a VALUE."

• Travel date: Tue 14th of July 2009

Orchid Key was more than we could have asked for, bravo Brandon/Lynn.

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"Stayed for 5 nights @ the Orchid Key through the July 4th holiday. This was our 3rd trip to Key West forth the 4th, and the best to date. We have previously stayed at the Reach and the Santa Maria Suites when traveling with our children, but were solo this time, so we were looking for something smaller and closer to Duval.
All the reviews here on TA were the reason we chose the Orchid Key, and they did not let us down. Met by Brandon on arrival, who instantly suggested a lunch destination, arrainged for our bicycle rental for the week, and made us feel like old friends. He called when our room was ready, and checked with us daily to see how our trip was going. Lynn was great as well, helping us with our boarding passes on the sad day when we had to leavem as well as rescuing a wayward snail late one night, saving it from an accidental heavy foot from a passerby.
The rooms, pool, breakfast, staff, everything was perfect. Its a no-brainer where we are staying next time in KW,

Dave and Mary Armstrong