Good

A great place to stay at for a Key West Trip!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Marquesa for 4 days/3 nights in early December and really enjoyed our time there. The staff was very accomodating. They really made an extra effort when it came time to help us book fun & leisure activities and even gave us a free room upgrade on our last day because a new roof was being put on the main house. The hotel is just a few short blocks to Duval Street where all the action takes place. The room(s) sported a very comfortable bed and plenty of closet and drawer space. Some of the nice touches included a daily paper, internet access and iced tea and water by the pool area. My only complaint was that a free continental breakfast should have been offered. Overall an excellent place to stay."

• Travel date: 12th December 2006

Marquesa Mishap

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"I booked the Marquesa last March for a stay over Thanksgiving, it was our third stay at this great little property and we were looking forward to a junior suite in the newer section of the hotel. Upon check-in we were told that a newer room was not and would not be available during our stay...well ok , the room assigned was nice but the attitude curious. During the next three days not only did we see guests checking in and out of the requested rooms...we were not offered a chance to be relocated. All this would have been less frustrating if it had not been for a family that had taken three or four rooms and assigned the room adjacent to ours with the children. The noise, door banging and running up and down the steps never stoped...it was miserable, the children were unsupervised and the staff irresponsible. The hotel has a child policy (over 16...but no one in this group was 16). In this case the third time was not the charm. Please do not get me wrong this is a great property, that should not take its loyal guest for granted. Would I return??? Not sure."

• Travel date: 28th November 2006

Less bang for the $$

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"After extensive research and talking to others who had been to Key West, we decided to spring for the Marquesa @ $270/night. Upon arrival, we were escorted by a very polite gentleman to a room overlooking the street. Upon asking about the potential for noise (this was vacation), he indicated the double planed glass should keep it quiet...Wrong!!!!. Later that evening it rained and during the middle of the night the sound of water dripping into a puddle woke us up. The room had sprung two leaks!!. Our complaints brought a $30/night reduction in the tarriff. Better than nothing but far from satisfying. So while the location was ideal and the room was quite charming, you'd do better spending less money for more bang 4 your buck."

• Travel date: 28th November 2006

Exquisite!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"The Marquesa is a hidden gem in amongst the madness of Key West. Located just 2 blocks away from Duval Street, the hotel is an easy walking distance to all the major attractions and restaurants / nightlife etc. The welcome we received upon arrival was fantastic - the staff were so helpful and made us feel really welcome. The rooms are fantastic too. We stayed in the main house, and the room was massive although I believe the rooms in the other part of the complex are bigger. The room was exquisitely furnished with bed, and separate sofa / seating area. The bathroom was a good size too. The setting is utterly tranquil, and very relaxing. I don't think you miss out by not being on the beach, as the beach areas in Key West are not great in my opinion. There's free parking as well and great internet access in the computer room. All in all I would have to say that the staff really made our stay special. Nothing was too much trouble for them, and they booked trips and gave us great restaurant recommendations as well. A definite must - I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Key West."

• Travel date: 12th November 2006

Like the Garden of Eden...

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"This hotel embodies romance and luxury. We went during the off-season (October), so the prices were reasonable ($175/night for a standard room.) Much better than the big hotels in the area, this place gives a personal touch. The courtyard/pool area looks like the garden of Eden. A true oasis in the middle of the bustling tourist town. We would definitely return."

• Travel date: 4th October 2006

Great Property!

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Stayed at the Marquesa the week of September 12th and it was fantastic. Staff is very friendly and accomodating. Rooms are very nice and quaint. The property has a feel of several cottages within one location. It is very intimate and well maintained. There are 2 swimming pools and you usually have them to yourself. Wonderful location in relation to Duval Street because it is walking distance, but just far enough away for privacy."

• Travel date: 15th September 2006

Over Rated For Sure

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Do yourself a huge favor - Save several hundred dollars and stay at the Pier House or the Galleon Resort. For $400 a night - no coffee maker in room and no coffee available for delivery until 7:30am. (They say 7:30am) I called the night before for 7:30 am coffee - received it at 8:15am. Also, for $22 a pot. After complaining to the front desk that I had excursions everyday early, could I get coffee earlier or could I have a coffee maker in my room. I was told to walk 4 blocks to Dunkin Donut. Breakfast is served by the pool for $10 but we waited 45 minutes and got fruit and bread. Rooms are nice. Staff needs improvement. Restaurant is very good. I never mind paying $400 a night anywhere but this is overpriced for what little you get. Staff is very uptight - was yelled at for using cell phone on my balcony, scolded for my door being open while I went back in to use the restroom. Staff is like mother hens waiting for anything they can come and correct you on. The pier house is a much better hotel for service. If you are use to top qualtiy service and room service, this is definitely not the hotel for you. It caters to 75 year olds."

• Travel date: 12th September 2006

Beautiful but pricey

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"Stayed here with 3 friends for 3 nights in March this year. The hotel is beautiful, set in a traditional Key West house minutes from Duval St. The owners are really friendly and helpful - welcome glass of very good wine was a nice touch. The rooms are spacious, clean and nicely decorated with big bathrooms and a balcony or veranda. There are 2 lovely pools - one heated and one not (cold!) - set in a beautiful - if small - tropical garden. An endless supply of clean pool towels is provided throughout the day and there's always iced tea and water in the pool area. The Marquesa cafe is a fantastic - but expensive restaurant. Worth a visit one night though. Breakfast is not included and costs $10 for coffee and a muffin - we didn't bother as there's loads of options nearby (including an extremely good cafe called Mary Beths - or something similar) Overall, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Expensive but you pay for quality"

• Travel date: 15th August 2006

Marquesa reallly was an oasis

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"A friend and I stayed at the The Marquesa Hotel and were very glad we did. Mary, the person who checked us in,could not have been more helpful and accomadating. This place really is an oasis in a very frenetic environment. Our room was large and very well appointed. The pool area was very charming; iced tea and water with lemon were served at the pool area. The price was very fair considering all the nice touches. Would stay there again in a heart beat."

• Travel date: 22nd July 2006

Not So Amazing

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I vacationed at Marquesa for the first time after discovering the restaurant 6 years ago. The hotel (not to be confused with a guest house or B&B) opened a couple of years later. The space always looked nice and the rooms accommodating. I read in Travel in Liesure that it had been ranked (2005) as the BEST property in Florida (outranking places like the Naples Ritz, the Setai in Miami, and the Palm Beach Four Seasons), and had to go. Let me start by saying that the average quoted price of $231 noted here is WAY incorrect for high season. I paid $400+ for what turned out to be a nice, but average, room. Sparesely decorated and those island tropicals that you find everywhere. Nice marble bathroom, average shower and amenities. For this price, you don't even receive bottled water in your room. Neither is breakfast available on premisies, nor evening cocktail hour (except on an occasional Saturday). The place caters to a very older (and very unfriendly) crowd, we being the youngest (30s) in the place. There is no pool service (no water, service staff, magazines, books, etc.) available. None of this would be surprising except that this is more than I paid at the Four Seasons in PB and had amazing service and accommodations. Plus, the Marquesa people neglected to tell us about the construction going on next door, where another home is being turned into a hotel! The place is really overpriced and overrated. I won't stay there again."

• Travel date: 7th June 2006

Hotels near Marquesa Hotel

Marquesa Hotel is also called

• marquesa key west
  • marquesa hotel key west