Don't Be Quick To Judge - Excellent 2 Bedroom Suite

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"I booked this hotel and then read the reviews on the website.. and I thought .. Oh Dear!!

When we arrived, we were allocated Block 1, and again, after reading the reviews, I thought... Oh Dear!!!

How wrong could I have been, we booked a two-bedroom suite, and it was beautiful, exceptionally clean and very tasteful throughout. It was large with two complete bathrooms, a fully fitted kitchen and lovely lounge and dining area with a Jacuzzi in the master bathroom.

We had booked on an offer for 3 for 2 nights, and because of this, again, thought (after reading the reviews) that we may have been allocated a substandard apartment but no...

We arrived early, and the VERY FRIENDLY staff, let us have our keys straight away, we checked in without any problems whatsoever, they even gave us a map of local restaurants and where the nearest supermarket was...

The free tennis was also bonus for my teenage boys

All in all... it was an EXCELLENT stay, I only wish it had been longer, as we had to drive back up to Clearwater for the rest of our holiday, to the crys of... "when we come again mum, pleeeeease can we stay there for two weeks".... and we probably will!!"

• Travel date: Thu 14th of October 2004

I should have taken notice of previous reviews

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"I did look at the reviews even before booking OPS, but as there were good and bad I thought well lets give it a go. When we arrived they initially gave us a condo in block 1 which was disgusting, filthy carpets, staines on sofas/ chairs, water stains on the walls and dirty bathrooms. There was no way I was staying there, I complained and was offered another condo which was much nicer, but as per prev comments when we checked out they tried to charge us for 5 nights instead of 4 and spent a fortune on phone calls to rectify this mistake. It was a nice place, the pool is nice, the beach is a bit of a joke but the staff were friendly and the racoons and views did make up for it a little. All I would say is enter at your own risk and don't accept the room if its below standard."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of October 2004

This would be my last choice

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"We stayed here fro seven nights. June 20-27, 2004
The grounds on this hotel are very well kept and beautiful. The security is awesome and friendly once you get to know them. The pool was great. We had a small cramped two bedroom condo. The floors and carpeting were filthy, the air conditioning very noisy, the walls were paper thin, the continetal breakfast was a joke. We had no vaccum or broom in our unit and the maid service that was promised, one visit mid week, we never got. When we complained at the end of our stay they gave us a $35.00 credit to our bill. Also we were over billed because they made us put down a one night deposit at the time of our reservation and we still got charged for seven nights not including the deposit. It was a mess. The people at the front dest were very nice, but we never got the billing problem worked out.

At the end of our stay the bottom of bath tubs were filthy, because our feet were black from the dirty carpet and floors. Unless your get a really cheap rate I'd avoid this place.

Also there is really not a lot going on in Key Largo. The resort matches the area, very sleepy."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of September 2004

Had a great visit!

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We enjoyed our stay in August...great location for snorkeling and relaxing. The pool was awesome! The room (in Buiding 4) was huge and fantastic. We were on the top floor and the view was great. Loved it and would go back tomorrow if I could!"

• Travel date: Sat 21st of August 2004

Central Location

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"We visited in March for 4 nights. Check in was easy,our room clean and comfortable. Beautiful view. We heard others complain about their rooms and I think the difference is if you booked off the internet or thru a travel agent, which is unfortunate.
We didn't spend much time there, we were there to see the Keys!!! We traveled from one end to the other. Bahia State Park is breathtaking. We ate at wonderful restaurants, always on the water with a sunset view. Some great watering holes. They say there are no beaches in the keys, but you can find a few. Anne's beach wasn't that far and was right off the side of the road. Traffic can get busy, but just relax your on vacation!"

• Travel date: Tue 4th of May 2004

Very Mediocre

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Ok place a little isolated nothing around at all. The beach is a joke and if you don't get to the pool early you won't get a lounge chair. Carpet in the unit was not very clean. Then we tried to check out at 4am, we had been told there would be somebody on duty. The door was locked, pounded on it twice nobody came. Returned to the unit to leave keys behind. Once we got to the airport we called to let them know the we had checked out, and nobody was there(above and beyond as far as I am concerned) clerk very rudely told us that was not true he was there but in the bathroom, lame excuse I am sure he must have been sleeping. If you had a quick bathroom stop why lock the door??? Then we got our credit card bill, beware do not use the phone. They charge to use a toll free number and 35c plus a minute to call the next county. For the price you can rent a house with a pier and no hassles.
Definitely would look around for another place next time."

• Travel date: Sat 24th of April 2004

Wonderful

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We stayed here March 21-26th 2004. After reading some slightly negative reviews on here, we were a little worried. But they were completly unfounded. We stayed in building 2. Our condo was wonderful. Clean and well cared for. We had our college aged daughter and her boyfriend with us. They also loved it. They spent most of their time on the beach or at the pool and gave both a thumbs up. We would stay here again without hesitation and told everyone about the great time we had. The experience exceded our expectations."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of March 2004

Nice View, Dirty Room

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"We stayed from Feb 16 through Feb 22, 2004. Driving into the gate the property is very nice, and well cared for. Check in was easy and we were able to check in a few hours early. However, the inside of the room in building 5 was another story. The carpet was so soiled you didn't want to walk on it. The furniture was soiled so we put beach towels as slip covers. The carpeted floor in the master bedroom was always wet. The vertical blinds were missing slats. Considering the exterior condition this was surprising. This could be one of the nicest properties on Key Largo if some of the rooms were nicer. I suspect individual owners let their units go. I mentioned this to the front desk twice and wrote an email, but never heard back from them. If they had acknowledged this, I wouldn't have written this review."

• Travel date: Fri 27th of February 2004

Great value for the price

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"We were very pleased with our accomodations- can't beat the price. The view was beautiful- our room was clean and plenty of kitchen supplies on hand. It was nice having a washer/dryer so we could pack lighter.
The pool is fantastic- clean, ample seating, water temp was perfect.
The beach was fair- but we found a beautiful beach only a half mile down the road- sandy, clean, picnic area, play ground- it was perfect (Harry Harris Park). You can get to decent restaurants in about 10 minutes going South. We were looking for a relaxing, non-stressful, no hassel vacation- and we got it at Ocean Pointe. They even accomodated a late check out. Word of advice- book your reservations through a booking agent who will be sure you get into the best units. If you book via the internet- you get what you get. Some units I hear are less than desirable because the owners of the units don't do a good job of keeping them well maintained and clean. Thanks for a great time!"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of February 2004

Beautiful Location, Beautiful Room

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"I cannot say enough good things about this place (which makes me sound like a paid shill, I know).

Other than the easy-to-miss driveway, I found the checkin/out very easy, the sunset view from the property's small pier beautiful, and the room itself extremely impressive.

Negatives: Not near much of anything to do, small beach, and -- as noted -- a hard to find driveway.

I will definitely consider this property in the future, but as a halfway stay between Miami and Key West if I don't want a long drive.
Kudos to an unexpected pleasant find where least expected."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of February 2004