Guest room

Good

We stayed at the Sheraton Key Largo for ...

Reviewed 7th November 2006

"We stayed at the Sheraton Key Largo for 3 nights as part of our fly drive holiday. It was our favourite hotel of our whole trip. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very spacious and even had 2 televisions! It also had fridge, balcony, nice bathroom, etc. The room was also decorated very well. There is a private beach, but it is not very big - you can hire canoes, Jet Ski, etc there. There is also a hot tub and 2 swimming pools (adult and children's). The only negative was that you had to pay extra for parking - this was $10 (plus tax) when we stayed."

• Travel date: 7th November 2006

It reminded us of a holiday camp!

Reviewed 13th October 2012

"It reminded me of UK holiday camps from the 70's, not the 4 stars we were expecting, we stayed just one night out of five and drove back to Miami!"

• Travel date: 22nd May 2004

Are these people crazy?

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"I dont know what all the complaints are about with this hotel. My fiancee and I stayed there for our wedding and honeymoon during the first week of April. We got a upgraded room on the top floor with a fantastic bay view without even asking. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was more than helpful with every request. The "huge parking lot" you have to cross to get to the pool is maybe 25 yds wide. If you complain about walking there you need to get out for some excercise more. The layout of the hotel makes it very private from the rest of the world. I would rather have to walk to the pool then stare at US1 all day like half the other hotels in Key Largo. We had a whole package that included a nice buffet breakfast every morning and some complimentary coupons for the onsite watersports center. My wife and I wouldnt hesitate to stay there again. It may not measure up to the best hotels in the country, but in Key Largo I think it definately stands tall. My only complaints, and these are minor: Food was overpriced and they keep odd hours and days of operation. Easily fixed, there are a number of excellent places to eat close by. The cleaning staff was slow. Some days they wouldnt get around to cleaning our room till late afternoon. They did get it cleaned though."

• Travel date: 13th May 2004

Great rooms and perfect surrounding

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I'm the birding host at BellaOnline and go to the everglades to see egrets, herons, alligators and more. I've tried many hotels in the area out. The Westin was just about THE perfect hotel for any birder. You get a forest view room that looks right out into the hardwood hammock, with birds flying up to your balcony. The keys are coral and don't normally have beaches, but the Westin built the largest in Key Largo. It's not huge, but it's there! The bayside location means you get brilliant sunsets. The pool and jacuzzi are nicely tucked away from the main hotel so you can relax without people staring down at you from their rooms - and there's even a separate adult pool (with its own waterfall) so you can relax in peace and quiet. Highly recommended!"

• Travel date: 9th May 2004

A very relaxing and enjoyable holiday.

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I have just returned from a 2 week stay with my husband and Parents-in-Law at the Westin Beach Resort. Our holiday experience was excellent and the Westin provided us with a great base to explore the Keys and the Everglades. The rooms were spacious and comfortable (especially the beds) and the service and help from all staff was very good. We especially enjoyed the use of the private beach and the views of the Bay and sunset from our balconies. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to for a short or long break."

• Travel date: 6th May 2004

Your Dream Come True

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"From the moment we pulled into the Westin it was a dream come true. I have stayed at four and five star hotels before but this hotel was magical! The way the hotel is designed is phenominal! It is a one of a kind place. The front desk staff was ALL very friendly and helpful and went out of the way to help you. We had a bay view and I cannot tell you how happy I was! The view was magical. The sunsets were amazing! We also rented a jet ski and the staff was very friendly. I loved the adult only pool since we are not into children screaming. Everything about the hotel was just magical. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone. You are in for a real treat! You would really be missing out by staying anywhere else in the Keys."

• Travel date: 30th April 2004

great

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"stayed at the westin key largo spring break 2004. the resort was great.clean rooms,helpful and curtious staff.never had to leave resort--everything was on the premisses.stayed with my wife and 13 year old daughter.we all had the time of our life.would sugest this resort to any family"

• Travel date: 10th April 2004

Temper your expectations!

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"I stayed at the Westin Key Largo the first week of April. Thankfully I read about it before hand at tripadvisor which gave me an idea of what to expect. This old property has had some money spent on window dressing, but it's 30 year old roots show through. I'm glad I didn't pay full price. Service was fine, pools and grounds ok. The all you can eat breakfast buffet ($60 for 4 15% tip automatically included) was not worth $60. The automatic tip for a serve yourself meal left a bad taste in my mouth. We did not eat at the "resort" for the rest of our stay. At checkout we were charged a seven dollar per day "resort fee". I guess that covers the free towels at the swimming pool. Having said all this, I would stay there again, at a reduced rate."

• Travel date: 9th April 2004

A very relaxing stay

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"I suppose it's all what you're looking for. We were looking for a relaxing change of pace and our 5 days at the Westin and in the Keys were fabulous. Service everywhere was terrific and our stay exceeded expectations. The hotel is secluded and even though the pool is across the parking lot, once you're there, it's nice. The hotel is older but our room was very clean. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would return."

• Travel date: 8th April 2004

All the amenities

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"We enjoyed our recent stay at the Westin. The grounds are nicely landscaped and make for a lot of privacy. Our balcony looked out over the trees and toward Florida Bay. The restaurants were clean and lively, though the service was a bit slow. While the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful, they were mostly Haitian and sometimes we needed to have them repeat themselves. Our room, a standard 2 Queen, was spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. We especially enjoyed the double sinked vanity outside of the bathroom. We did not use the pool, but did find the fact that it is across the parking lot to be a bit strange. On the plus side, however, there is a separate adult pool and a nice hot tub. While there is not much to do in Key Largo itself, the Westin offers watersports, a beach, fitness center, pools, and will arrange for other activities. It was a very relaxing stay for us."

• Travel date: 4th April 2004

Nice stay for the family

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"We spent 3 nights at the Westin, and had a nice room and stay. The room was large with comfortable beds. It is a nice beach for the Keys. This is a repeat visit to the keys for us, so we know this was nice compared to other options. Maybe not up to par with other Westins, say downtown Seattle, but nice for where we wanted to be. The hotel was shielded from the road noise by a nice wooded area. The only complaint was the noise from the other rooms was easily heard. All in all, a nice stay for the area."

• Travel date: 1st April 2004

Hotels near Hilton Key Largo Resort

Hilton Key Largo Resort is also called

• Westin Key Largo Resort Hotel
  • Key Largo Sheraton Beach Resort Hotel
  • hilton hotels key largo