Exterior

Good

This hotel makes an excellent base for t...

Reviewed 7th April 2008

"This hotel makes an excellent base for touring the Keys. Because the rates seemed low compared to other hotels further down the Keys, I was a bit apprehensive about booking. However, I was pleasantly surprised by the cleanliness throughout the hotel and in particular, the very spacious bedrooms. The staff were friendly and helpful and the buffet breakfast (included in the price) was nicely laid out and presented. However, seating is restricted to a few tables so be prepared to stand at busy times. Overall, I consider this hotel very good value for money. "

• Travel date: 7th April 2008

Small and Friendly

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"It certaily pays to get a view onto the pool and boats moored alongside the hotel otherwise you may end up with a beautiful view of the highway! The staff were really nice and helpful but the breakfast amenities were awful. No place to sit unless you were first throught the door and the choice was minimal. The pool was big enough for sardines but not for humans and the carpets could have done with a good clean. Luckily we had a lovely view of the boats from our balcony if we looked to the right but when we looked down all we saw were parked cars and to the left was what looked like an abandoned house in need of tlc. If you are looking for a view of the ocean then don't come to this hotel, if you love boats then pay the extra for a pool view but my advice is stay somewhere else on the other side of the highway on the Gulf of Mexico."

• Travel date: 9th January 2006

Just what I expected

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We planned on scuba diving while in Key Largo. If you are looking for a beach resort look elsewhere in Florida. The Keys are not really for beaches. This hotel is right on the marina where nearly all scuba and fishing charters depart from. The dive shop associated with the hotel, Horizon Divers, was 100 yards away and was a full service shop. Professional and accomodating for our last-minute dive arrangements. The hotel has a pool and sandy area. The staff are o.k. but this is a Ramada motor lodge, so what do you expect? Breakfast included limited to bagels/rolls/juices/coffee. The rooms are large and have balconies very useful when spreading out wet gear. Fish House restaurant just up the highway is highly recommended. We went there based on another TripAdvisor member suggestion and were very pleased."

• Travel date: 4th January 2006

Excellent Service

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Excellent Service. My wife and I stayed at the Ramada Key Largo in early September and were presently surprised with both the accomodations and the service. Everyone was so friendly. Great hotel for water activities."

• Travel date: 27th September 2005

awful awful awful

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"I found this hotel online advertising rooms for $79 with a view of the marina. I called and confirmed the price and booked two rooms and a boat slip. When I arrived, they did have my reservation, but they told me the rooms were $144 each. ok no problem. In Feb, when I booked, I printed the page off the internet with the date printed right on the page, matching the date of the reservation. The greasy check-in boy oggled my wife, asrgued with me, threatened my friend, and in the end we were forced to pay the $144. bad food, bad service, bad policy, lobby smelled like rotten meat(may have been check-in boy's cologne) feels like a third world place! awful awful awful..."

• Travel date: 18th September 2005

Not bad at all

Reviewed 29th December 2012

"I liked it. It was a decent room overlooking the harbor. A little pricey. For a few 20s more you could get something a LOT slicker. The bed was a bit soft. The fridge was a plus. The staff was really good there. Another plus was the parking garage out of the sun. Good move. All in all, I'd stay there again in a pinch and think I got a good deal."

• Travel date: 14th August 2005

Very disappointed

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"We always book our hotels after reading reviews on this site, and 99% of the time they are very accurate. In this case the positive reviews did not coincide with hotel we got. Even before we got into the hoteo, we were getting very very worried as there looked like there was nothing but shacks making up what was supposed to be "beautiful Key Largo". We pulled up outside the lobby, and took out baggage in with us. We were greeted with a very unpleasant receptionist who looked at us and our baggage like she couldn;t be bothered. We told them we had made a reservation and she asked to see our booking reference and sheet. Since few hotels ever ask for this, since they can confirm your booking with your credit card (which we gave) and your name, we had to retrieve it from a file in our hand luggage. When we opened our file to give the reference details to her, she literally ripped it out of our file, and never returned it even though all our details were on it, and maintained she needed to keep it. Never once did the receptionist smile. BEWARE. On arriving in the room we were pleasantly suprised since the beds were made up very well, and we had a nice balconcy (although it looked over the side parking lot). However, on closer inspection we were disappointed with the cleanliness of the room. Even worse when we tried to make a phone call from our room we couldn't get an outside signal. We rang the front desk to inform them, and they said they would ring us back in a few minutes. Well they never did. We ended up having to ring again, and were answered very sharply by a receptionist who said the problem was now fixed, and then hung up. The dirtiness of the carpets on the hotel corridors is a disgrace, and looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it opened. On a more positive note, breakfast was good, and there was plenty to eat, although again we were greeted with a very unfriendly breakfast attendant, who couldn't smile. We would not recommend this hotel, and would definately suggest staying somewhere else. This was our first time staying in a Ramada and we will hever stay in another if they are all like this. Customer service does not exist at this hotel, which is extremely disappointing."

• Travel date: 11th August 2005

Wonderful Hotel In the Keys

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"My wife and I stayed here on our honeymoon and really enjoyed the room. The staff was very helpful and we have a wonderful clean room. It was a great value and would definetely stay there again."

• Travel date: 10th August 2005

Going Diving???

Reviewed 28th December 2012

"If you are going diving with Rainbow Reef (---) you want to stay here. They give excellent rates and the free breakfast (a bit better than continental) makes your diving that much smoother. Plus the proximity to Sharkeys bar, World Watersports and fast and not-so-fast food makes this a convienient place to stay. The fridge in the room is nice and so is the upkeep. The pool is quite small but the Atlantic is not!"

• Travel date: 27th July 2005

just plain fantastic!

Reviewed 28th December 2012

"my 2 daughters ages 10 & 14 and i stayed here for 4 days in july. the first 2 days the weather was gorgeous and we spent very little time in the room. however hurricane dennis was approaching and the last 2 days we found ourselves indoors most of the time. this place was spotlessly clean and i have never encountered a more friendly staff. many thanks to miguel and his staff for a very pleasant stay!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2005

Great hotel for watersports

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We stayed here for a couple of nights in May, and really enjoyed the experience. On arrival we paid a $20 upgrade to the rather disinterested desk girl, and were really glad we did, because there is no comparison between the inside and outside rooms. Our's overlooked the pool and marina, whilst the outside rooms have a grandstand view of Highway 1! All have balconies, and we were able to sit out until late in reasonable peace. The room was good-sized with a king bed and a sofa, and the bathroom similarly good and clean. However the aircon is antique, and is either off, or on full roar! A very comfortable room without frills. The hotel does not have a restaurant, but the manager advised us to try 'Bogies Cafe' at the next-door Holiday Inn. It was a good recommendation and they do some great food in the evenings, but more ordinary at mid-day. Breakfast at the Ramada is included and is of the continental variety, but anyone intent on feeding-up for the day ahead would be well-pleased with the choice. Whilst we enjoyed our stay, we are not watersport people, and there is very little else to do in this area. Yes we went out on the glass-bottom boat, but a couple of nights was just about the right time for us."

• Travel date: 11th June 2005

Hotels near Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo

Courtyard by Marriott Key Largo is also called

• Ramada Limited Hotel
  • ramada limited key largo
  • ramada key largo