About Bayside Inn Key Largo

• spanish amenities
  • private beach

Great Place & Very Friendly Staff

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"Bayside Resort was a fantastic experience for my family vacation. Lets start with the staff. Only one word to describe them, unbelievable. You can tell this is a small family operated property by the way the staff treats the guests, as if we were a part of the family. Check in was fast and smooth, check out the same. Any questions about things to do or places to dine were answered eagerly. The maintenance staff took care of the outside as if it were Disney World. The grounds were remarkably clean even when the place was full. Although the rooms weren’t lavish, they were clean, cheerful and tropically decorated. As far as the beach; there are no natural beaches in Key Largo. It was nice to see that Bayside Resort was able to produce a private man-made beach that was clean and enjoyable for the kids. I saw someone wrote a review about tires and trash in the area, I don’t know where he stayed at but it wasn’t Bayside Resort. This place was clean & the staff was obviously prideful of their work. If I return to Key Largo I’ll definitely be staying here again."

• Travel date: 8th June 2005

Fair accomodations, Staff friendly, Beach disappointing

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights March 26-28, 2005. We planned to stay here the first night, travel to Key West the next morning, then return that night to stay in Key Largo again. If I were to do it again, I would have traveled all the way to Key West the first night since this place wasn't that great. The hotel rooms are dark, plain, and on the small side - but the air conditioning worked well. The bathroom sink/vanity is extremely small, as is the bathroom, so you can't spread out your bathroom supplies or easily share the facilities with anyone. The staff was friendly upon arrival. Continental breakfast is somewhat pathetic with OJ, coffee, apples, and small pastries. The volleyball, tether ball, and pool areas were clean and cute. We didn't use the pool but it looked refreshing and others were enjoying it. It is quite small though. There were chairs to use on the beach (if you could call it that) and the pool area which was nice. The beach was kind of gross and very small. There wasn't really a beach area for kids to dig in sand or anything. There was algae and weeds everywhere and I wouldn't let my kids go in the water because it looked disgusting. Some people were snorkling off the end of the deck, but I wouldn't go in the water there either because it looked the same as the beach to me. Luckily, we didn't spend much time here as our main agenda was to travel to Key West. We did take the glass bottom boat tour across the street which was enjoyable. I would much rather have stayed at that hotel since it seemed much nicer and cleaner, even if I had to spend a little more. Not much else to do in Key Largo though, so I suggest traveling a little further south and investing in a place in Key West. Overall, I would say if you want OK accomodations without utilization of the beach and possible crowding of the pool (since it's so small) stay here. We didn't get the rates as low as others mentioned, so I would say the cost is not worth the stay in that respect."

• Travel date: 20th April 2005

Not Bad

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We stayed at the Bayside resort with our grandchildren on Apirl 7th (2005) and again on the 9th after a day furtrher south in the Keys. We found it to be OK. The price was reasonable by Key Largo standards (more on weekends than during the week). The room was OK. We stayed in one of the standard rooms with 2 double beds. The bathroom was small but adequate. The pool was nice (and also warm - not always true elsewhere). We didn't actually go as far as the bay. The sunset was visible from the pool area. The staff was accomodating and friendly. The only real negative was that the breaksfast was minimal. Coffee, juice and apples were OK, but the Danish pastries were mediocre. One can't complain too much since most places don't have breakfast at all. Discount coupons were available for some of the local restaurants."

• Travel date: 16th April 2005

Great Location, room was okay

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Staff was very helpful and knowledgable of area, that was a big plus. The room was kinda old and had no carpeting (probably cause of losses from Hurricanes and Flooding). The bathroom was very small, but useable. The pool area seemed nice, we didn't use it, but it looked clean. There is a bar/restaurant next door that seems to get pretty lively some nights. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but for the price we paid, we really can't complain too much. If you are in Key Largo and spend your day in your room, then maybe you should have stayed home."

• Travel date: 11th April 2005

Much nicer than it looked from the road

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"This motel was surprisingly quiet and pleasant. We had scheduled a diving trip, and needed overnight accommodations. The room was large and clean, with tile throughout, a very large TV, and matching bedspreads and chair cushions. The pool area was the best part! We followed a foliage-lined brick path through raked sand and a volleyball court, to the warmest outdoor pool I have ever swum in. The pool area was bright and clean, with plenty of chairs, and overlooked the bay. We stayed there all afternoon, reading, swimming and relaxing. The simple continental breakfast, including fruit, juice, pastries, coffee and tea, was just right, and the desk clerks were very helpful and friendly, advising us about our choices for a dinner restaurant. Another review I read here says that the customer had to show a drivers license. Having worked at a motel for many years, I expect this was because they arrived at night, without a reservation. We did not have to do anything except have our credit card authorized and register our car when we arrived. We would definitely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone going to Key Largo for sight-seeing or for a dive trip."

• Travel date: 7th April 2005

Pick another hotel

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"My family recently stayed at the Bayside resort on March 29th- 31st. I was expecting a very nice hotel based on the pictures and the reviews, but that was not what we received. The room was about as minimal as you could get, very dated. The grout on the tile floor was black and it started out a light beige. Our socks needed some serious attention. The beach area is pathetic! Water around the hotel has trash and tires in it. The pool is the size of a bathtub. The continental breakfast consists of coffee, oj, and very cheap pastries. Take my advice, spend a little extra money and stay at a nicer hotel."

• Travel date: 3rd April 2005

Bizzare pivacy practices

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Hotel's website with some pictures: ---- We found the hotel through "Travel" coupon magazine (see ----) - the price for the room was decent ($65). We drove in after dark, and the first thing we asked to examine the room (we've had a few bad experiences before when we didn't). I am not sure what kind of crowd they usually get there, but the clerk accompanied us to the room. The room was big, clean and reasonably quiet. In the back of the hotel there is a mini pier, and a volley ball court, and a bar. The area looked pleasant and inviting. In the evening as we were signing up for the room, the clerk took a copy of my driver's license. In the morning when I asked for the copy of it back, he said that they will keep it for 5 year. No clear explanation was offered why it is their policy. One for the Florida guidebooks suggested to "use care" deciding where to go in Key Largo at night. I suppose it is due to that the hotel has to remember you for over 5 years. Also, perhaps all the information is regularly turned in to the authorities. Being privacy conscious I wish we did not stay at that hotel. Also, looking back, we just wanted to visit Key West, and I wish we just pushed through the night to get there, and enjoy the LONG and SLOW views on the way back. Unless you have agenda in Key Largo (diving), I recommend you don't stay there overnight."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2005

Our heaven on earth

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We have stayed at the Bayside on 2 ocassions and loved every minute. We stayed in one of the 2 ocean view suites which had a balcony we took full use of, watching sunsets and generally chilling out. Snooks restaurant next door is handy but we found it quite expensive. But it is so convenient just to walk over to our room after a lovely meal overlooking the bay. Look forward to returning. It is top of our list!"

• Travel date: 27th February 2005

A Piece of Heaven

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We booked the Bayside Resort through Expedia.com. We chose this resort for the price and the great reviews. The reviews were totally right on! When we first arrived, we weren't exactly impressed. Then we walked into the lobby and met Bonnie! She is worth her weight in gold! Pleasant, helpful, a joy to be around! And no, we are not relatives of Bonnie's. We do, however, own a motel on Cape Cod, MA and would give anything to have an employee like her! We then checked into our room. The room was clean and comfortable. It wasn't beautiful and ,in fact, it was a bit dark. There were two windows, but due to the shrubbery they were very shaded. But most important was that the room was very clean and had most everything you needed (would have liked an iron in the room). A big bonus was that they offered free wireless internet access!!! We walked out of our room to find the pool and what we found was 'a little piece of heaven'! Absolutely breathtaking! Beautiful landscaping, attractive pool area, and incredible views of the bay! There is an open tropical bar & restaurant near the pool. It was wonderful to sit there at night, overlooking the bay, and hearing a mellow tropical band playing. The motel offered a small, but nice, complimentary continental breakfast in the morning. We loved this resort and highly recommend it."

• Travel date: 22nd February 2005

Beautiful View

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"We stayed at Bayside Resort for one night. The staff was friendly and the resort itself was very clean. I had a relaxing stay and enjoyed the poolside view of the bay(don't miss the sunset). Just a note about their "private beach"- it's not an actual beach where you can go swimming. Like the name states, this hotel is on the bay. Overall, I liked it very much and would go back anytime."

• Travel date: 17th November 2004