Good

Hostile staff, dirty and noisy rooms, stay away

Reviewed Thu 5th of January 2012

"Staff is hostile and unaccommodating. We didn't have telephone service at all for several days and yet we didn't receive any kind of credit.
Wireless internet is a joke - frequently doesn't work, and when it does, it is dial-up speed. Useless.
Rooms are insanely noisy and dirty.
Pools are supposed to be heated, yet are very cold.

Not worth the price, much better choices are available."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of January 2012

amazing resort

Reviewed Thu 22nd of July 2010

"Been holidaying at Bahama Bay for 5 years now and cannot fault it!!

The Grand Bahama condos are fabulous just been newly re furbished and was like a 5

star hotel.

The swimming pools are well kept and the service of staff was excellent.

Easy access to Disney and malls for great shopping.

Will be returning again definately next year."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of July 2010

great place to stay

Reviewed Thu 1st of July 2010

"went in oct 2009 to get married and stayed at this resort.was very quiet not many people staying which was fine as we had pool and jacuzzi to our selves. room was amazing only problem we had was kids left door open and a lizard came in and we couldnt catch it so we all had to put towels under our door so it couldnt come in by the next day when we came back from park it was waiting by the door to get out(i would too with my kids)lol. got addicted to washing machine and dryer and went home with no washing to do. not much to do at night only kareoke but had to turn it off at 10 as people complain was gutted as i am the kareoke queen. got married at a lovly white chappell and tradewinds even did us a wedding buffett at short notice was well impressed.tried to get us to pay for cleaning but as id booked through an agency i told them i was phoning the rep and they waived the fee by saying it had been a mistake so watch out they do this to everybody.Would book again and just hoped i got a good room. By the way dont ask for a ground floor as the balcony ir really teeny."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of June 2010

What a luxurious holiday!!

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"First of all, I am a child under 13. On a number of occasions me, my brother and parents have visited Florida and stayed at BAHAMA BAY!

The apartments are all very clean and tidy. There is: 1 room with 2 single beds and 2 rooms with 1 double bed(one of which has an en-suite with a bath) in the apartment. There is also a kitchen, living room and bathroom with a shower in. We bought lunch & snacks at Wal-Mart then put them in our fridge for later!

There is a great clubhouse in the center of the campus, where there is many facilities such as: game room, balcony, restaurant, library, pool and check in desk. It was great spending the day in the clubhouse pool because you can have DELICOUS food and smoothies at the restaurant! There is also another pool with a beach area. There, there is decking & sunbeds (remember sun cream because my mom got burnt on her nose!)

Of course, the main attraction was DISNEY LAND! There are many parks and there is Universal Studios! In these there are rides, restaurants and characters. Food is no worry as there are a number of eating places across the parks! For children like me the parks are a magical experience, a must go destination!

My parents didnt need to worry about anything, but do hire a car! We ate at the mind-blowing restaurants EVERY NIGHT! The food was out of this world! After Florida, any other theme park seems rubbish! I have been going to Florida since I was one year old and Bahama Bay is the BEST place I have stayed!!

I hope my review has helped! "

• Travel date: Sun 28th of June 2009

We LOVE BB!!

Reviewed Mon 1st of June 2009

"Last year was our third time at BB, and each time, it has been fab. Paid a $200 deposit when we got there, but it never even showed on my card. 2nd floor apartment, loads of room, and although it's about a 20 minute drive from Disney, it seems to be great value when you compare prices for a Disney hotel, with just one room. yes you get Disney transport, but compared to the space at BB, it just doesn't compare.
My one criticism was that there were nails sticking up in the carpet where the door strip was missing from the bathroom, and I kept treading on it!!! We are going back July 2010, and if you have a satnav, you'll find your way round easily!!!CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

• Travel date: Sat 30th of May 2009

Bahama Bay Virgins

Reviewed Fri 24th of April 2009

"First experience of a resort holiday always stayed in villas in the Davenport area before. We booked a 2 bed condo through Virgin and after reading reviews about noise problems requested a top floor condo. However on arrival we were allocated a 1st floor apartment. we asked if we could have a top floor and were told they were fully booked but after a bit of persuasion they switched our room for somebody who hadn't yet arrived.As a result we had no problems with noise. Our top floor apartment in building 700 had a view overlooking the beach,pool and Lake Davenport. It was comfortable but showing signs of wear but was clean. We had plenty of towels and spare linen to change the beds. We overlooked the only other pool apart from the clubhouse one which was heated and at the start of our holiday the heater didn't appear to be working as the pool was cold. During our second week the pool suddenly became very warm which was great but sometimes a little too much on a hot day. We didn't received any explanation why the heater wasn't working previously.We booked a resort hoping to be able to use the facilities and socialise a little at night but we were disappointed as the clubhouse bar was a little scruffy and still had people going to and from the pool until 10 o'clock. Walked over to Tradewinds, the restaurant, but this was totally empty even though this was one of the busiest weeks of the year.Didn't go again.Had a problem with our room safe and after reporting it at reception a maintenance guy came over to sort it within the hour.As far as the Security on the gate goes there were times when it was unmanned but we never felt that it was an issue or that it was unsafe. The first two weeks of our stay were very busy, as this was Spring Break for the locals, and it was sometimes difficult to get a lounger around the pool or on the beach if you weren't out at around 9.30 but we usually had no problem if we went down after visiting a park around 3 or 3.30.Stayed in this area before so distance to attractions not an issue for us and there are lots of things to do, see and places to eat along the 192.Never ate in the same restaurent twice, superb meals at Macroni Grill, Chillis, Applebees, Tony Romas and also Steak'n'Shake for a fast food option.Only disspaointment was Houlihans, however food was excellent but the service spoiled our evening.Never encountered this before in Florida.Got charged the $65 +tax cleaning fee and had to allow a $200 security deposit on credit card but this was given back to us when we left.Overall great holiday, not perfect but when there was a bit of a hitch, and these were only minor, it was put right straight away with no fuss.Would definitely consider it again but would also be looking at very similar but newer resorts springing up in the area.

• Travel date: Fri 24th of April 2009

I can't believe people have given this r...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of September 2008

"I can't believe people have given this resort any seriously negative reviews. Apart from being a little hard to locate at night as it wasn't listed on my SatNav, it was pretty close to perfection, and I am a tough judge. There was building work but this was never carried out early or late in the day and no noise carried.

I travelled with my mother and my 17 year old neice and we were immediately offered a complimentary upgrade to a three bedded room. This was well - if a tad eccentrically - furnished (fish lamps, anyone), the kitchen equipped to a very high standard. The rooms were spacious and comfortable and it was lovely to have two bathrooms between the three of us.

I didn't find the reception area to be too worn and the reception staff were helpful and gave us assistance with our luggage. The fitness suite was reasonably well equipped and empty every time we went there. The restaurant was surprisingly good.

All in all if my most major criticism was that the batteries fell out of the TV remote, you might understand why I can't recommend the Bahama Bay higher. Of course, the positive feedback from such a nice place might also explain why the prices seem to have shot up for next year - I wanted to book here again but my not be able to afford it this time. It's certainly the best self-catering resort I have stayed in, in 14+ visits to the USA.

It's a wee bit remote for serial Disney attenders, but if you have a car and are travelling out and about - it really is perfect. Eat out before you get back at night though, as there are only strip mall takeouts, the onsite restaurant and an Applebee's in easy walking distance.

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of September 2008

Well I went three years ago, and this pl...

Reviewed Mon 1st of September 2008

"Well I went three years ago, and this place was great. Stayed on the ground floor. Could not remember a noise issue. If you do go to Florida do expect mums, dads and children getting up early to go the parks. Thats why most of them go to Florida. I am going again in two days - 04/09/08. I will come back and write another honest review. Just one more thing to add I did stay at Orange Grove apart from the great golf course's I dont think I could say they are any different. Looking at some of the reviews a few people dont seem to happy. So see my review on my return and I will give you all an honest and fair opinion, it may have changed over the last few years. Hope not !"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

We have just returned from a wonderful t...

Reviewed Wed 13th of August 2008

"We have just returned from a wonderful two week holiday at the Bahamas Bay Resort in Florida. We found the accommodation great and the facilities fantastic. The swimming pools were always clean and well kept. All the staff were extremely helpful and friendly. This is a great location for visiting all the theme parks and other places in Florida. The only reason we did not give it a 10 is that we ourselves were not very keen on the Karoke which was on too many times a week. We would have liked a quiet drink round the bar which we did went we visited in 2004."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of August 2008

PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS....

Reviewed Fri 8th of August 2008

"PLEASE DO NOT LISTEN TO THE BAD REVIEWS.
They obvioulsy didn't stay at the same hotel we did.

We arrived at about 10pm in the evening and the service was BRILLIANT some of the nicest people i've ever met and found the rest of the staff exactly the same. The bad reviews of their staff MUST be ignored the only explanation I could imagine possible is that they were having a bad day, as were the family; but to be honest those families didn't seem to like anything so father christmas could have served them and they wouldn't have found him pleasant.

Anyway on to my brilliant time at bahama bay resort...
I had read on this and it had suggested to upgrade to a three bedroom which we did and it was beautifully clean, there is everything you could imagine you would need for two weeks, I also read to be situated to the top floor because of the noise but i found no need for this as i rarely heard anything from the higher floors.

I have read the bad reviews and a common thing is that they don't bring you clean towels or sheets.
1. YOUR SELF CATERING everywhere I have been self catering means you do it yourself and they supply plenty of towels i counted 12 face cloths! Also there was an extra set of bed sheets for all the beds. However if you do run out there is a washer/dryer which takes no time at all and it SO easy to use and still if at an extra cost you can get more.

2. If you're really fussy about no cleaning service [not sure how a family can make so much mess in two weeks but anyway] Don't quote me but i think it was something like $40 or so for them to do so.

About the 24 hour security guard service bad reviews:
There were two times that there wasn't a security guard there the two weeks we were there and his car was still parked so he probably had just gone to the restroom! Also as one review said "anyone could walk in" ITS A HOTEL THAT IS HOW THEY GET MONEY.

Their are something like 5 swimming pools each block is allocated one, these smaller pools close at 7.30 which is a bit annoying however the main pool is open at till 10.30pm which is really sociable and their is also a bar. I can't comment on the food as we went out most evening but we did see a pizza and it did look extremely good!

My advice:
If you want your sheets cleaned and new towels everyday go to a hotel full board.
It is by far worth it's 4 star rating
Get a car as it is far out from restaurants, 25mins from Disney 30mins Universal/Seaworld
Go to Houlihans restaurant, looks pretty shabby on the outside trust me its nice food and cheap as most places are.

Finding the place may only be tricky if you can't read directions, 3 HOURS is she kidding?

If you follow the directions given you should get there, It is on the left hand side of the 192 and has a massive sign saying "WESTSIDE" there is also a bank at that turning. Turn there follow the road go right and then carry on and you'll find it..

I really hope that the bad reviews haven't put you off as it was a really lovely place to stay and I would reccomend it to anyone. This doesn't mean to be arrogant however it may give you an idea of the quality; we are a family that frequently stays in 4 star plus hotels and this is worth its rating.

• Travel date: Fri 8th of August 2008

AWESOME, I traveled with my sister-in-la...

Reviewed Fri 1st of August 2008

"AWESOME,
I traveled with my sister-in-law and my three niece's.(9,7,5.) The condo was FABULOUS!
Very clean and spacious. We had a three bedroom condo and I can't say enough nice things about this place. It was only 5 minutes away from Disney World and only an hour away from Clearwater Beach. The staff were wonderful and the Spa was great. They have 3 pools to choose from and the grounds are a delight. I will be returning again and have no problems recommending this location to all my friends. Also, this location is very close to all amenities-restaurants, shopping malls,grocery stores, anything you need. I can honestly say this location was worth every penny!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2008

We stayed at Bahama Bay Resort over Spr...

Reviewed Sun 27th of July 2008

" We stayed at Bahama Bay Resort over Spring Break. We didnt spend very much time actually in the hotel because of our frequent trips to Disney World, Disney World Water Parks and the Kennedy Space Centre. The servoce at the front desk was very friendly even though we checked in at about 11:00 pm. We didnt get a chance to use the restaurant but when we looked inside it it was set up very nicely. The pool was fabulouse and it have 2 hottubs. There was a decent excersize room and free high speed internet in the lobby. The resort had a little Travel Agency in the lobby with information about things to do around the hotel. All in all the resort was very nice. The only trouble we had was at check in. We had been told in an email that we would be staying in building 18, which is by the beach, but when we got there we were in building 33. The only good thing about the mix-up was that instead of 2 rooms we got three so my brother and I got our own rooms."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

Hotels near Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

Top traveller tips for Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals

• Alisha1997 by Alisha1997

"The parks are fantastic! So are the restaurants, u must go 2 - Ponderosa, TGI, Perkins and Denny's! "

• sharon by sharon

"if you get one of the good rooms then your set for a great holiday "

• busy mum of 4 by busy mum of 4

"Excellent location and accommodation "

Bahama Bay Resort Orlando by Wyndham Vacation Rentals is also called