Good
Good

A mess!

Reviewed Tue 24th of April 2018

"The course is a dog track!
You can tell it was once a good course!
The layout is good but it shades of diamondback, the greens and fairways are shocking!
What a waste of a course!
All they are bothered about is building 580 houses on what will be a shithole!
Gary Koch will be mortified!
Much better courses in the area!
You expect people to buy houses on that!
Good luck!
Won't play there again in the near future!
The guys I played with said it was immaculate 2 years ago!
Rubbish!

• Travel date: Thu 30th of March 2017

poor resort

Reviewed Thu 10th of October 2013

"Went for a weekend to Disney, stayed at the Mystic Dunes resort. Got there on Friday about 11. The villa we stayed in was poor. The phone only work half the time, the TV didn't work when we got there. I called on my personal phone to let the front desk know this. 3 hours later they came fixed the TV. The shower door didn't work either, we showered with door open. I reported this Friday about 8 when i noticed it wasn't working they said someone would come Saturday before 5. Saturday night at 10 someone finally showed up but i refused to let 2 grown men in my villa when i have 5 women inside. Just seem a little to late for 2 men to fix a shower. We also ordered room service it was two hours to get it and when it did finally come we got only half the order. they also felt the need to return at 1030 to give us the rest of the order, however we were all in bed by then. thanks but no thanks. the only thing nice about this place was the shuttle people between the villa and the front desk. i did fill out the survey i received in my email telling them all this, i have yet to hear from them nor do i expect too. If i were to visit Orlando again i would not stay at the mystic dunes again. oh one more thing. the website tell you they have shuttles to the parks, they do once a day and don't miss them or you be spending 45 to 50 on a taxi. "

• Travel date: Wed 9th of October 2013

I OWN at The Palms & LOVE it, bad reviews MUST be Employees of Competing Resorts

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I have owned at the Wyndham Palms for 3 years now. I also own at the Marriott Horizons.

As for the Wyndham Palms:

The rooms are very large, beautiful, and WELL KEPT. I have NEVER had any of the problems mentioned.

One of the people even CLAIMS that they had "stains on the carpet" in their master bedroom. That would be impossible since ALL the rooms in ALL the units are ALL TILE.

Also, I have never been to one of the pools when there weren't PLENTY of lounge chairs to sit on and PLENTY of room in the pool. NEVER have I seen one of the pools full.

That leads me to believe that MANY of the so-called bad reviews are from employees of other timeshare resorts in the area trying to steal away business from the Wyndham Palms.

Over the years I have stayed in the following timeshares in the Orlando area: Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Horizons, Wyndham Palms, Orange Lake, Calypso Cay, Liki Tiki Village, and Westgate Lakes.

Of those the outstanding ones were the Marriott's, Orange Lake, and The Wyndham Palms. They were ALWAYS clean, well-maintained, and we ALWAYS had a very enjoyable time.

We had HORRIBLE experiences when staying at Westgate Lakes, Calypso Cay, and Liki Tiki Village. ALL 3 of these were rundown and dirty. The worst of which was Westgate. I would NEVER stay in a Westgate timeshare again. Avoid their timeshare presentation at all costs as well. They take you out to a sales area in a golf cart and if you don't buy they curse you and make you walk back to where your car which is almost a mile away!!!!!

The reason I purchased at Marriott and Wyndham Palms is because they didn't use high pressure tactics and they BOTH have beautiful resorts.

In closing I OWN at and LOVE the WYNDHAM PALMS. Take the bad reviews with a grain of salt and try it out for yourself. I guarantee you will see that it's true that the bad reviews are most likely employees of other resorts down there in Orlando.

Email me if you want more information on how nice the Wyndham Palms really is."

• Travel date: Mon 31st of May 2004

Don't Judge a Resort Buy It's Picture

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"I justb returned from the Wyndham Palms yesterday and the easiest thing to say is... Believe most of the reviews before mine that tell you to beware. We stayed at the WP through a timeshare exchange program, so as an owner I did not expect the "high pressure sales" tactics I read about...WRONG! Now however, they have changed tactics. Upon check in you must first go to a counter at the front door, wait in line to get your paperwork. When complete you take it to the front desk and wait in line again. Then, they give you a pager (like in restaurants) so you can wait (again) for an "escort" to your unit. My mother, who is the timeshare owner, asked to be given the keys, they refused. She the asked to see the manager. Instead, they gave us the next avaiable escort, Ricardo, to take us to our room. We told Ricardo we were not in the mood for any sales tactics. We have been traveling since 7am and just wanted the keys to our room. He said he had been working since 7am, he was tired too and that my mother should "drop the attitude." This is supposed to be a Five-star resort?
Our unit was pretty, on the surface. We had requested the top floor unit as advised by others on this site. (Thanks.) I felt very bad for anyone who may have been under us because the dining room chairs are so noisy on that tile. This "five star" resort had stains on the carpet in the bedroom, a broken door bell that just hung from exposed wires outside our aparment, the bell itself would just ring at random inside the condo. The sheets did not even fit the beds. On all four beds, (we had a three bedroom) the fitted sheet would pop off by morning, and the mattress would literally slide off the box spring.
Heed the comments about the pools, all three pools are built. One is on the other side of the complex. each pool holds 25-30 people. To date there are more than 10 buildings, 4 floors per building. I counted 8 units on our floor. Do the math. Even midweek with most of the resort empty, each pool had more than its stated capacity in the water.
It took the manager 2 phone calls and finally a personal visit to her office to address our complaints. On the last day of our trip she finally offered to find sheets that fit. She offered my mother a free week to come back next year. At this point we're not even sure we'll go back for free.
Bottom line is, it looks pretty but don't expect anything more than nice pictures for your album."

• Travel date: Sat 29th of May 2004

Love the Palms

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I am an owner at the palms. I visit every April. The units are very spacious and clean. Whenever we needed anything is was delivered prompty. Free continental breakfast poolside every mon-fri. Free BBQ on Friday. Golf course great! I cant say enough good things, i love the Palms."

• Travel date: Thu 20th of May 2004

Wyndham Palms Resort

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"We have stayed at the Wyndham Palms Resort twice now due to some amazing promotional prices. Both times we stayed in the two-bedroom unit which was clean, spacious and well-decorated. The complex is huge and the two small pools (apparently another is being built) do not accomodate the numbers of vacationers. The pools are also not near many of the units so you have to catch the golf-cart shuttle that runs thoughout the day. The golf course itself was amazing and there were golf packages available. The clubhouse served good affordable food and also offered room service. Since our first visit the price has tripled and the sales tactics for the time-shares has become not only high-pressure but sneaky...masking it as a inventory count of the room. When the finally realized (after two early morning calls) that we were NOT interested...the finally left us alone to enjoy the vacation. Very isolated but not far to shopping so a car is essential. Will not stay again...there are many beautiful Orlando hotels and resorts."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of April 2004

Disappointed

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"We just got back and were very disappointed with The Wyndham Palms Resort. Although the resort is beautifully landscaped, has a wonderful golf course, includes several activities for guests and includes spacious rooms, the resort is by no means a “5 star” resort as they claim to be. It begins when you check in, the front desk/check in area was literally located in one of several trailers at the back of the property, not what I would consider first rate. The resort itself is too spread out, requiring a car to get around the resort. Many guests had to use their cars to get to the pools or activity center with little to no parking available nearby. I did not have a problem with the pools themselves, however for such a large resort they were way to small to accommodate the guests that took the time to get in their car and drive down to the pools. The kid’s center was in one of the trailers next to check in, however it was not easy to locate, and you had to go around the back of the driveway to find it. The resort did not include a marketplace where you could get small food items such as milk, bread, resort souvenirs, magazines, and so on. There was no on site family place to eat nor a place to get a nightly ice cream like several other highly respected condos offer. Basically you are forced to drive off the resort if you need or want anything. Our room, although spacious, was not what I would consider exceptional or rate as “5 star”. There were 3 light bulbs that were burned out, a closet door that was not on its hinges and lying on the floor, no hair dryer provided, batteries missing from the remote control, no resort directory, and as other have posted there was lots of noise from people above. On top of all this we were assigned one of the older units and it did not include a doorbell, there was no fan in the screened in porch, the amenities were older and needed to be replaced, and entertainment unit around the TV was missing. Nothing was horribly wrong, however not what I would consider a highly rated resort. The Wyndham Palms would best be described as a large apartment complex with beautiful landscaping and large units, however not a “5 star” resort offering outstanding services and amenities that one would expect from such a highly regarded outfit as Wyndham."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of April 2004

Wouldn't stay there again

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"We stayed at the resort and were very disappointed. 1. There are only two pools and they are tiny. The deepest part is only 5 ft. 2. We took the top floor as recommended but any room in the middle of the floor is next to a giant aircon/heating unit. It comes on every 1/2 hour and the noise in the room is like sleeping next to the engine of a ship. 3. Check-in is in a pre-fabbed building and there was some complicated process just trying to sign us up for timeshares. 4. Every 2nd morning the lawnmower would get going on the golf course at 5.00am, so if you are a light sleeper you won't get much sleep here.

It was nice to have a big tv, a leather couch and a king bed. The room was furnished okay but certainly was not 5 star. It is close to Disney about 10 mins drive.

Overall one would normally expected a high standard from a Wyndham but this place was very very disappointing. We certainly would not spend our money there again.

Our recommendation: Don't stay there.. find somewhere else."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of April 2004

Please God, let me sleep!

Reviewed Sun 16th of December 2012

"When we arrived we were plesantly suprised by the clean and modern facility. The staff at registration were professional and courteous(excepting one who never came back to address the concerns we had regarding the length of time we had to wait to get our keys, he sat at another table and chatted). In our room itself we found the amenities to be very acceptable. My only real complaint would be the noise from the unit above us. You can hear every little movement made. I think Wyndam Palms management should look into different furniture or floor types. Tiles are durable but also transmit the noise of (I presume) dragging the furniture around and walking in high heel shoes. We like the facilities but will not be back unless there are changes to either the furniture or the flooring or are guaranteed we will be on the top floor next stay. As they say in realestate, location, location, location . Third floor only !!!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of April 2004

Don't ask for extras...

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"My girlfriend and I just returned from a 4-day/3-night stay at this property with mixed feelings. First, the good. The villa (1 bedroom) was spacious and the leather couch and 52” TV were nice. The bathroom was large and comfy. The screened in porch was great for breakfast and watching golfers. Now for the bad. When you first arrive, you go into a nice lobby to check in. Then they make you wait a half hour (or longer) to have someone give your keys and a map of the resort. Another couple had waited for over an hour! We were lucky in the fact that we did not have to check in at a trailer parked behind the main lobby (what a joke). We then went to our villa that was very far from the pools. If you stay here and want a pool, ask to stay by one. A continental breakfast is offered M-F only. The staff was not courteous at all and was the biggest turn off. We asked for new towels and sheets (maid service is only offered for stays of a week or more). It took 2 days and 3 calls to get these items. We got the sheets the night before we left. If you call the front desk, the patch you through to maintenance and the phone just rings and rings. The vending machines did not work at two villas I went to. The air conditioner in our unit was temperamental and made a lot of noise when it came on. In conclusion, the villas are comfy and the bathrooms are nice. Just hope you do not need any services from the staff."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of April 2004

5 Start Resort (?)overrun by 1 Star Tourists

Reviewed Sun 18th of November 2012

"As a "Wyndham Request" frequent traveler unless you like TimeShare crowds - stay away! This place is more tank tops, flip flops and cut off shorts than what you would expect at a "no denim, collared shirts, please" resort. What a shame - as the golf course looked interesting.
This place is overrun with Motel 6 very large families looking for a cheap place to stay.

Deluxe Villa: New, clean but our view of the main entrance road rather than the golf course left something to be desired. VERY NOISY tile floors - go for top floor. Bring your own SHAMPOO, LOTION, etc. - you'll only get soap.

Bar & Grill: NO SERVICE - went there for lunch but was never waited on - left. We tried again in the evening for a night cap at 10:05 but the bar had closed at 10:00. Left the complex and had a drink somewhere else.

Won't go back - Wyndham needs to wise up and get their name off this one. This is not your clientel."

• Travel date: Sat 17th of April 2004

Surprised by negative reviews-loved it

Reviewed Thu 29th of November 2012

"I just booked our second stay at the Wyndham Palms. We have always stayed in villas and my daughter and I stayed here with one of her friends on a birthday trip last spring. We were so impressed we decided to stay again rather than try some place new. We left Wyndham Palms saying how much we wished my husband and the boys were there to enjoy it. We booked a daily rate and although we received one message about a time share presentation (completely optional) we we never bothered about it.

We loved our villa-clean, well maintained and quiet. Our villa seemed slightly larger than the average 2 bedroom. We had everything we needed and extras-like three TV's inlcuding a huge 52" one.

We found the service to be excellent and the staff very helpful. We used room service which was very good and quite quick. The only negative was it ended at 8:00 PM and we tend to eat a late dinner.

Our villa was on the golf course and it was very peaceful, especially in the morning. The pool we used was quite empty and pretty quiet."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of April 2004