About Baymont by Wyndham Celebration

• spanish amenities
  • atm on site

We got a good deal

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"We booked through Hotwire and got a good deal. The room was nice. Lots of space for storage. The refrigerator and microwave came in handy. Had some problems with hot water but called the front desk and it was taken care of. The 42 in. plasma TV is nice too! The pool is not heated, nor is it cleaned regularly. There is a resort fee assessed to your room but not much of a resort. We would stay again if we got the same really good deal. The close proximity to Disney is wonderful. You can leave the Magic Kingdom and be in your room in 11 minutes. This makes it easy for those travelling with small children who need a break during the long day at the parks."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of January 2009

need a lot of improvement

Reviewed Fri 19th of October 2012

"To make short, my stay was terrible.

I stayed two night, and in the 2nd morning, I could not get hot water and
could not take shower, so I went front desk, and one guy did not answered my
question and said " manager will come in 30min, you should wait in the
lobby! I cannot do anything"
I thought he is part-time worker, but he is full-time worker.
He was really useless. Although manager arrived, she only did take away my
resort fee(about $4), which was regard as compensation.
Front staffs have no hospitality.
I talked with others and he said his room's toilet was clogged.
I do not know how old the building, but construction seems problems. 24th
Dec, some room on 5th floor had flood.(please see attachment picture)

PROS:
- Prasma TV is good
- Clean room
- Spacious lobby"

• Travel date: Tue 30th of December 2008

Stick to the Disney Resorts!!!

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"This hotel really needs some work! The rooms are not so bad with the extra perks like the 42" tv and wifi, but they are not very clean and our refrigerator wasnt working right. We found quite a lot of hair throughout the place that wasnt ours and the room had a strong musty smell we couldnt get rid of. We stayed in the 2nd building third floor. The outside is where I had the most problem. The parking is far away from the rooms and you park where the service area is so every time you go to your car you feel like you work at the hotel. The gounds were dirty and unkempt and the elevator was so univiting we took the stairs the whole time. My other complaint is the pool. It doesnt look like the pics in the ad. It was dirty with debri everywhere and stains. Not something I would want to dive into! What really gets my goat is that they charge $5.07 extra a day as a resort fee. What a rip! Sorry, but I am not that picky of a traveler and I would not stay here again. I think for the small difference in price, a Disney resort would be a much better choice."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of December 2008

that is a really nice hotel

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"As international students in New York State, we booked our disney world trip in winter to enjoy the sunshine in norther U.S. This hotel is really a awesome place that I strongly recommend you to live there. The lobby is luxurious, and the staff there is very helpful. You can get a lot information about the disney world and any other places as well. There are many brochures about disney that can help you make a good plan about your trip. The room is incredible, which has fridge, micro-wave oven, clean towels, and a huge TV. Our room is cleaned everyday, and even our clothes has been folded tightly . We really appreciate these people who work there. The hotel provides shuttle bus everyday to most theme park of disney, it is very convenient and on-time. There is a big swimming pool as well, the water is so clean. We really have a good experience during stay this hotel, and we decide to recommend it to every friend of us."

• Travel date: Fri 26th of December 2008

Don't be fooled by the exterior....

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"On the outside this hotel was very nice. We were impressed. Even our room on the surface was nice. Huge flat screen t.v., nice decor. But beyond that the room was disgusting. We had to clean the tub before we could bathe. We even asked the front desk to make sure our bathroom got clean because it had hair (obviously not from us) and dirt and grim all over the place. During the entire length of our stay it was never cleaned. My toddler son was playing on the floor and found lots of candy under the bed that had been there quite a while. It really would have been a nice room had it been cleaned once in a while. The elevators smelled horrible and there was an extremely personal device that was just sitting on the ground that no one bothered to pick up. But the whole thing that totally topped the cake was that there is NO hot water whatsoever during peak hours. Meaning at night when you get back from the park and just want to shower and sleep, you will not have hot water. Apparently, they said their supposed to tell you before you check in. It was awful. We set our alarms for 2 and 3 am just to be able to have hot water. This hotel is under major renovation but they should look into closing down until they are down."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of December 2008

Disappointed

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"This hotel is definitely under repair. Front Desk employees and Guest Serives were very friendly and knowledgeble. Rooms were ok. Nothing spectacular. Beds were comfortable, room was very clean. Its also nice to have a fridge and microwave right in the room.Bathroom needed some serious work (very slow drain, toilet sounded and felt like it was ready to fall off the wall, one morning we had to run the water for 20mins before it got hot) and like someone said before the walls are paper thin, you can hear everything going on outside like the door is wide open. We were awakend every night as well by people yelling, kids running by our door over and over at 3:00 am and general talking in the parking lot by people getting back after a night out. There was a giant pile of "stuff" (old furniture, tile etc.) in the back parking lot which was a bit of an eye-sore. The pool area could be really nice but the lounge chairs were filthy as was the pool, and the poolside bar looked like it hadnt been used in 20 years. We were very disappointed to learn the "restaurant" was only open for breakfast (which was very good by the way) and the "lounge" (a small bar located on the side of the lobby seating area) was not open and had never been used. Even the "game room" was run-down as most of the games in there were out of order. The store was also nice but was only open one night out of the 4 days and 3 nights we were there. It seems to be closed more than it is open. There is certainly plenty of places to eat and drink in close proximity to the hotel. I recommend Crabby Bill's in the Clarion hotel across the street, the service was great and the seafood fantastic and reasonable. The Black Angus Steakhouse is also very very good. I wasnt expecting a 5 star resort for the price but alot of this hotel is old and run-down and needs more than a new sign or coat of paint.
It was definitely an "ok" stay but I wouldnt stay here again."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of December 2008

Best bargain in Orlando

Reviewed Fri 9th of November 2012

"Location,I4 to exit64 192 west 4 miles or 4th redlight TR then immediate left hotel on right.Beautifull lobby checkin well appointed clean rooms 2 queens flatscreen jumbo fridge freezer microwave sink.Seperate bathroom from wash basin and ample storage areas.Nice pool area but not cleaned on daily basis and water is cold.Housekeeping came everyday but didnot refill towels or washcloths. Plenty of restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance.Theme parks Outlets,flea markets Disney Marketplace(a must see) 2-7 miles away from hotel. I would recomend this hotel to anyone.I also would like to recommend eating at Fishbones(lamb chops,shrimp) and Vito's chop house(salmon,meatballs marinara)ann P.F.Changs."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of December 2008

Not a three star

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"This Motel is in the process upgrading their rooms but make no mistake, this is an old Motel and not a three star.

It looks like they did the following to our room:
- new Beds (comfortable),
- new cabinets,
- new 42” flat TV,
- new fridge/freezer,
- new microwave,
- new marble vanity,
- new AC unit,
- new tub surround,
- new tile in bathroom/vanity area,
- new paint.

They did not go into great depth on the remodel. Some of the problems in our room that they did not bother dealing with include:
- The bathroom door was not hung well (the door might be new but the jamb is not) – you have to throw your shoulder into it to get it to open,
- the tub has a slow drain,
- the shower bar was pulling out of one side and hung down in the middle,
- the shower curtain was not in good repair,
- there was some water damage to the drywall on the ceiling and wall. Instead of repairing it, they painted over it however, you can still see the damage,
- mold (or something) on the bathroom ceiling,
- the carpet looks in good repair but I don’t think they replaced it – it doesn’t match up to the tile in the vanity area,
- outside walls are paper thin, we were woke two of our three nights by people fighting in the parking lot and we are on the second floor,
- many holes in the drywall were just puttied over and then painted,
- they only give you a bed cover – no blanket – and they did not smell freshly laundered,
- the rooms smell musty and old.

It looks like they have recently repainted the exterior of the Motel and the lobby looks very nice. The elevators are just scary and they do not clean the outside walkways or walls often. Spider webs and bugs clung to the exterior walls and fixtures. In the end we felt that the room was good for what we paid but it is not a three star like it is promoted on several web sites."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of December 2008

Great Room, Great Value

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We stayed for 4 nights and we were very pleased with the room, grounds, and service. The room was very new and clean. The pillow top queen beds were very comfortable and there were plenty of pillows. It was nice to have a microwave and fridge/freezer in the room. The pool area was very nice as were the rest of the grounds. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only thing that we were disappointed in was the fitness room. It contained 3 tread mills (none worked) and 2 bikes (only one worked), but as it turned out we were too tired to use it anyway. The location was great, lots of shops and restaurants near by and close to Disney. I would recommed this hotel to travelers looking for a better than average room on a budget. We will definitely stay again."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of October 2008

great for the price!

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"I paid $50 a night for this hotel. It exceeded my expectations...especially after reading some of the reviews. The room was pretty clean...except our toilet. No bugs either which I guess has been an issue for some people. We were on the 3rd floor and I think that probably makes a difference. We did see a tiny snake around the corner from our door...it is Florida.

Here's the break down:
Likes: **Fridge, microwave, coffe maker in the room.
**Nice BIG vanity and good lighting. (This was nice b/c I had plenty of room for all of my makeup, flat iron, dryer, etc. AND my husband still had room to shave, brush teeth at the same time.)
**40 inch plasma TV.
**Comfy beds.
**Plenty of storage.
**Nice staff.

Dislikes: **The so called "Free Shuttle" to the theme parks. There is ONE pick-up time to the parks and ONE return time. Not convienent at all. Also, the times weren't posted anywhere so you had to ask and then you were pressured to take a tour of some other resort to get a discount on your park tickets. We just drove to the parks. It's $12 to park.
**Dirty toilet. The toilet bowl was clean but there was urine around the lid hinges.
**Broken toilet seat. There's nothing like sitting down to pee and having the seat slide from under your booty.
**Sort of dirty vanity and bathroom floors. The staff obviously did a super-fast cleaning of our room. It looked clean until you got close up. Then you saw hair and dust.
**The key would not work. Apparently the keys at this hotel are very tempermental. When we were checking in another guest was at the front desk b/c she couldn't get into her room either. However, after the maintainance guy came out and got it to work we didn't have any more problems.
**There was one TEENY trrash can. Seriously? this bugs me b/c the room is fairly large and there was only one trash can. It would have been nice to have 2 OR at least one big one.

Overall, I would reccommend this hotel if you're looking for a cheap place to sleep. It's not the Ritz, but hey, @ $50 a night?!?! In my opinion, you can't beat it."

• Travel date: Sun 12th of October 2008

Very impressed with this hotel. Excellen...

Reviewed Fri 16th of March 2007

"Very impressed with this hotel. Excellent location to Disney. Could see Everest from our hotel balcony.

Clean pool and area - fresh towels by pool every day.

Rooms cleaned every day. Internet access free. Good small shop inside foyer for coffee and cookies etc. Good laundry facilities.

Games room for teens although our kids didn’t use it as they were too busy in the pool!

Staff very friendly and helpful. Ticket man in reception a rip off! Go to the parks - much cheaper.

Only gripe was that there was only one lift and we were on the 4th floor at the end of the building with only stairs to our room.

After a day at the theme park, it was just too much for my tired legs!

We will return again. Highly recommended.

Clean, comfortable, friendly and so, so close to Disney without paying the premium. "

• Travel date: Fri 16th of March 2007