Exterior

My Perto Vallarta home

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We've had a time share at the Sheraton for 12 years and go every year in August. The location is perfect. Its a lovely walk into town (as long as you learn to dodge the time-share hawkers along the way). The bell staff is friendly, helpful and English speaking. Our ocean front, two bedroom unit is ideal for storm watching and big enough for company. The pools are very relaxing. The only draw back is you need to get up early to reserve your pool spot in the shade. The waiter service at the pool is wonderful-great pina coladas. Beds are the drawback-concrete platforms are rough on the back. There is a giant (Mega) market a few blocks away. They have everything-stock up on breakfast, beer and chips there and avoid the over priced hotel stuff. The hotel area is comfortable too. I recommend the Sheraton for a relaxing, comfortable fun PV experience."

• Travel date: 28th August 2004

Could not have asked for more

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I am a Travel Agent, and I lucked out on this hotel because not only do my parents own a Time Share that they let us trade for a week (May 1-8, 2004)here, but I got a great rate on the flight. So no complaints about the price. We did have a friend who stayed an extra night at teh Sheraton side for about $110 USD, king bed ocean view, balcony that was wonderful. Worth the price for sure! From moment one, when we arrived in our room, we fell in love. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the second floor, and the balcony opened to a full unobstructed view of the ocean. Breathtaking! I stayed at the Sheraton several years ago and saw a lot I remembered but a lot had also changed, The swin up bar was not operational last time, and all the renos after the hurricane gave it a fresher look. The pool near our building, with the waterfall, was absolutely stunning. Always tons of chairs available and if you needed an umbrella all you had to do was ask. Drinks were brought promptly, as was food if we wanted it. We walked to the grocery store for food during the day, and just walked downtown to the wonderful restaurants at night. We ate once at the resort and loved it as well. Eating out has gotten more expensive in PVR than last I was there, so we were wishing for an all inclusive deal towards the end of the week. We opted out of the time share presentation as I have been through enough of those to know they don't like when you waste their time. A firm no and we were left alone. What need have I for a time share when I can hit my parents up for theirs? Anyway, everything about the resort was beautiful..the grounds, the pools, the rooms. The beach is nice but not huge and not very swimmable. We walked from downtown to the hotel along the beach with no problems, but I recommend if you do that you wear better shoes than my chunky sandals..it gets very rocky. The staff from the Sheraton side of the resort would come over once in a while to have us try out the activities, for the most part the pub crawls they tried to organize. We opted out becuase they kept telling us we were getting a deal on the cover charges, but we knew of the other clubs downtown that had no cover charge anyway. And again just a 10 minute walk away, really. We did feel a bit nervous late at night, but that is the way I feel walking about late at night anywhere. Never felt threatened. We even trekked into Old VAllarta but I wouldn't recommend doing it in the heat of the afternoon as it's rough...we made frequent stops at resaurants for cooling beers. The staff was always helpful and friendly, would give us directions to anywhere, recommendations, etc. The room was always clean, and as we had a fridge we made our own ice..the water is safe to drink...at least we certainly felt no ill effects. So all in all I loved it. Next time I will probably go with an all inclusive vacation so we don't have to worry about food and drinks, but for what the Sheraton is it exceeded all expectations. As a Travel Agent I would sell it with confidence!"

• Travel date: 29th July 2004

Wonderful place for a relaxing vacation

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"The Sheraton Buganvilias in Puerto Vallarta is gorgeous! My boyfriend and I just spent a week there, and loved every minute of it. The grounds are wonderful, and the room was very nice. The staff spoke English fluently, and was always willing to help. Yes, they try to sell you a timeshare, if you choose to do so. When we checked in the asked us if we would like to sign up for the "presentation" in order to get many discounts throughout our vacation. We accepted and ate a free breakfast and listened to their "speach" for about 2-3 hours (90 minutes was the estimated time) and after saying "no" were on our way. They are not allowed to bug you after the presentation is over, and we were not harassed on the grounds at any time regarding timeshares. Be aware though, there are people all over downtown trying to sell you timeshares, tours, and everything else under the sun. Just stay away and ignore them, they'll move on to the next vulnerable tourist! The hotel is a short walk from a grocery store, internet cafe, and downtown. My boyfriend and I walked to and from downtown just about every night (except when it was raining) and always felt safe. Keep in mind, we were walking back at 4am some nights/mornings. The beaches in Puerto Vallarta are not the best, but the hotel pools make up for it. I did not really see anyone on the beach outside of the Sheraton resort. The internet cafe that is close to the hotel is much cheaper than the business center rates at the Sheraton, so you might want to keep that in mind. We only paid $1.00/hr practically right across the street. I believe the hotel rates are $14/hr, at least that is what we were told at the front desk. Beer is also cheaper at the Commericial Mexicana down the road from the hotel, if you are on a budget. Keep in mind, coolers are allowed around the pool, but no bottles! The hotel has a hospitality room with free drinks and a shower that can be used for guests that had to check out early on the day of their departure. I would definitely recommend the Sheraton to anyone, there were many kids at the hotel that seemed to be having a wonderful time. I even saw a few parents sending their kids to "Sheratoons" for a few hours so they could have some QT together."

• Travel date: 11th July 2004

Hot and Humid Heaven

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"My family and I arrived at the Sheraton on May-31 and left on June-5th. Check in was a breeze but what delays you is a person who greets you near the elevators and entices you to free drinks and a free breakfast. These are timeshare people who are INSIDE the Sheraton hotel, beware. We stayed in 2 resort rooms which were adjacent to one another and we travelled freely between the two rooms by the connecting door. The rooms are nice and cold w/air conditioning. TV and blow driers. The views of our room were beautiful. The only negative was that it seemed that most of the ice machines on the floors were broken, and the floor I stayed on didn't have an ice machine so I had to walk up or down some floors to get ice. The pools are real nice but overheated. With hot humid weather the least you need is a hot pool. The pools have swim-up bars as well as security patrols walking around, and gawking at pretty girls. :-) The food at the restaurant is not the best. Your better off walking down the street to some good restaurants, or just to shop at the Malecon. Make sure you go out near Walmart and eat at VIPS and if you use the room phone you will be charged a fee for every outgoing local call. Would consider going back."

• Travel date: 23rd June 2004

gorgeous!!

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"I stayed at PV's Sheraton from 6/14-6/21 2004. I choose this hotel after reading a ton of reviews on it and other hotels. My 3 friends and I, all 18, LOVE IT! It was a great location, far enough away from downtown that you felt like you were going home at night, but close enough that a taxi cost only about 30 pesos each way. It's VERY centralized, but you hear no street noise :-) We paid for a resort room, and when we got there they took us to a beautiful room in the towers, overlooking the pool and ocean. AMAZING! It was really safe there, their was a gate keeper before entering the grounds, and security were always keeping an eye out. It was so safe that when we tried to have a few friends over for a drink before we went out (we tried signing them in and everyhitng), the staff told us that if they weren't gone in 15 minutes we'd have to pay 30 bucks for each of them plus tax, as extra guests for the night. That made us kinda mad, as we'd paid a lot of money to go on vacation and stay there, and not be able to have friends over for an hour while we finished getting ready for the night. The staff keep the vendors from the beach from bothering you as much as they can. I didn't think the vendors were as big of a problem as everyon ereported in reviews, until about the 3rd day when I'd just had enough of being shouted at from everyone selling something EVERYWHERE. But it was too much like paradise to let it ruin our vacation. The rooms were SO CLEAN and really pretty. The air conditioning kept the room freezing (if you wanted...which we did), so it was awesome to come back to after being out all day. It was spacious enough for 4 18 year old girls to stay in all week without going crazy. The bathroom was perfect for us becuase it was split up into 2 parts. In 1, small room, was the nice shower and toilet. In an attatched area was the sink, closet, and mirrors. We had no problem sharing the space, all getting ready together at the same time. And it was far enough away from the room area that we didn't mind the blowdryers going (2 could go at the same time without blowing a fuse). The TV had like 50 channels, which is the best from what I've heard from other hotel guests. We watched Will and Grace every night while taking our hour-2 hour resting time before going out to dinner. They also had MTV which we'd listen to while getting ready, as well as other channels with movies. I would definilty reccommend the Sheraton! The only other resort that I saw which was closer to downtown was Buenadventure, but I do not think it is as nice, although it is right in the action (save lots of money on taxis),"

• Travel date: 21st June 2004

sheraton is the best

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Stayed at the Sheraton about 10 years ago as an exchange. Purchased a Master Suite at this time. After the Hurricane, the Sheraton made arrangements for us to complete our vacation, at another resort. This resort was ok, but the Sheraton ranks top on our list. Close to all downtown, good beach, friendly staff. We have stayed at other locations in the same area, and decided the Sheraton was for us. This year, added another 2 weeks to our vacation and up-graded our unit to a pent-house. I do have one suggestion for the Sheraton, and that is to have a bbq available for use of the resort owners."

• Travel date: 25th May 2004

Buy a One Way Ticket!

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"I spent months researching all the hotels in most the zones. Go no further than the Sheraton. Location, Location, Location.. You need to be near the downtown because the taco stands, the Malecon,etc. are close to the Sheraton. All the other hotels are too far and one must take a taxi or bus to get to downtown. Sheraton pools are beautiful with a fun swim-up bar too. The staff keeps the vendors away so one can relax undisturbed. The staff all speak English. Need another towell? They arrived at my door muy pronto. Totally clean rooms. The hotel has a fun show with dancers and music that's worth it for 1st timers like me. Great massage area thats a total bargain. Don't miss an evening swim. Not much sand but muy bonita!"

• Travel date: 4th May 2004

Buganvilias was great

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"We just returned after spending a week in the timeshare portion of it. We were there from 4-17 untill 4-24. 2004 I have to say it was fabulous. Picky, picky people must be writing some bad reviews. Staff was ever so friendly and helful at all times. YES, the timeshare pitches are annoying there as well as anywhere you go into town and even at restaurants. The resort itself is beautiful. Well maintaned.Still in the procces of refurbishing certain areas. Yes, the beach is not good there.But, the grounds at the resort more than make up for it. The pool was never crowded. Its a resort, there are people there. I never heard of the resort sharing the pool with the resort next to it??? Pehaps someone was there at spring break and did not even know it.I would definalty reccommend this place to anyone. It's great!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 26th April 2004

Fabulous vacation in PV at the Sheraton

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"I spent a week in Puerto Vallarta 4/16 - 4/23/04 with my accomadations reserved with the Sheraton. I was fully impressed with the entrance to the hotel and was given A+ service upon arrival. The rooms were basic, with good maid service daily and early. The staff at the hotel were amazing and more then hospitable. I was so impressed with the work operations from the poolside waiter service to the room service that was available very early in the morning hours. The security guards were on top of everything pertaining to the grounds and the guests. I was never hassled by any time share hassels, just left to have an enjoyable stay at the Sheraton which I did and will return and refer to many friends and acquaintances. The hotel and Resort is beautiful and well maintained. They have done a wonderful job in putting the resort back together after the disaster of the hurricane. Great location to everything downtown. $3 cab ride to Old Town. It was great and the staff is wonderful!"

• Travel date: 24th April 2004

Nice service, but terrible hotel.

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"This hotel is the worst hotel you can be in. When my family and I got there, we recived a nice attentive service. As soon as we got off of the elevator, we knew that it wasn't going to be a great hotel. It was very dark in the hallways and it wasn't very wide. In the room, there was a hole in the sheets and hair on the bed and pillows. We knew that we didn't want to stay there, so we were going to look for another hotel. Anyways, we were hungry so we went to eat at the restaurant, which was actually quite good. The pool was crowded since the hotel shared the pool with the resort next to it. We stayed one day in the hotel and we left to another, better hotel."

• Travel date: 18th April 2004