About Garza Blanca Preserve, Resort & Spa

Good
Good

Garza Blanca - Excellent

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"We rented a condo from an owner through VRBO. He was very helpful in giving us details, restaurant tips, etc. This place is incredible. With only 2 minor exceptions, it was an over the top vacation. We rented the entire condo (A&B Sides). We were on the 5th floor in the second set of units. They have two sets built with a third one in process. Only 3 rooms per floor and only 7 floors with top floor being the penthouse. On the right side of the hallway was the master suite. It was huge with a sitting area, king size bed, huge bath with two person jacuzzi. It also had a small fridge with coffee maker. On the balcony was a big outdoor jacuzzi, hammock and table and chairs. The B side (where our 13 and 16 year old slept) were two more huge bedrooms, each with own master-type bath. There was a big living area with nice furniture and a fantastic kitchen with top of the line appliances and granite countertops. Outside on the balcony, more tables and chairs and a hammock. Every room had a flat screen t.v. and dvd player. We got groceries in town and ate breakfast and lunches on our balconies as we looked out at the pacific. The views are gorgeous, you can see Los Arcos to the South and PV to the North. It is a bit away from PV itself (about 10 minute cab ride). But, the cabs are cheap. The resort itself is beautiful. Not huge, but spacious enough. We almost had it to our selves most of the week. It has a big infinity pool and another large pool. It has an outside grill that was very good. The Blanca Blue is a great restaurant, but a bit pricey with small portions. There are great places to eat in PV. The staff was very helpful and friendly. It was very clean. Plenty of towels. The beach is beautiful, although a little rocky. The surf was a little rough, but swimmable. They have a life guard on hand. It was very relaxing. Our boys got a little board as there is not much to do other than lay by the pool, but we did a canopy tour and then hired a boat to come pick us up for snorkeling/fishing tour. PV itself is very quaint. The old town is where we ate most evening. There are only three negatives. The construction on the new tower starts at 6:30 and is very loud. Second, it is a little bit from town, so you have to get a cab. They are not that expensive and the hassle is minimal. The only downside we had was we had to catch an early flight back and the cabs didn't run that early, so we had to make separate reservations, which was not that big of a deal, but it would be nice if the resort had a car service. But, again, minor issues. Third, no gym yet. I think it is still being built. My son and I wanted to work out, so that was a bit disappointing. Ran on the road, which was not very safe, but needed to work off the food. Overall, It was a great family vacation. The following link are pictures of the resort:http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/sets/72157623681259534/"

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of April 2010

Didn't Want to Leave at All!

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"I recently had the unbelievable opportunity to spend 4 nights 5 days at the Amazing La Garza Blance Resort. I have traveled quite a bit through out Mexico and have been to Puerto Vallarta before. This property is hands down the nicest property I have stayed in. The attention to detail and workmanship is beautiful. I was amazed at the amount of privacy and space each guest had. When you visit don't miss Blanca Blue restaurant. I had breakfast and dinner while there. My favorite was dinner I had Ahi Tuna that was delicious, along with a nice bottle of wine picked from their worldly collection in the wine and cigar room. The staff was very friendly and all of them remembered my name through out my stay, always saying hello. This was a great vacation and feel lucky to have been able to discover this gem. I would recommend to anyone. I know I will be back before the end of the year."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of March 2010

so this is heaven!

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Amazing with every detail. Super Clean. Gorgeous Views. Natural stone features everywhere. The design elements are beautiful. Helpful staff and servers. Delicious Food in the Blanca Blue Restaurant. Best food was eaten at the hotel in the Blanca Blue. Great Mixed Drinks. Architecture was mirrored after Frank Lloyd Wright very modern and clean. You are greated with 3 statues and enter the main check in area thru huge wooden doors...the details of natural stones and the Onyx etched windows...wow! I have traveled many places and my husband is in the hospitality business, this hotel is truly superior! I am in love! It is a hidden gem and not the typical scene. Very peaceful!"

• Travel date: Thu 25th of March 2010

The most amazing hotel in Puerto Vallarta

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"I have traveled to Puerto Vallarta for the last 20 years and this year we decided to try something new on the south shore of Puerto Vallarta. First of all let me tell that this hotel is amazing, it can compete with any hotel you name in the world. Sense the moment you arrive you have valet parking and someone greeting you. The lobby has leather couches and amazing views. The rooms are first class, these are not just your regular hotel rooms. The rooms have spacious kitchen, dinning and living area. All of the furniture is very modern and comfortable. Every room has a private balcony facing the ocean. The views that you get from the room are jut to die for. Not only do I have good things to say about the rooms and staff but also of the facilties, the infinity pool is just the best place to relax at, and the beach I can by far say one of the best in Puerto Vallarta. BLANCA BLUE, the hotels finest restaurant is also one of the top restaurants in Puerto Vallarta. I had dinner twice during my stay and both times I was surprised with the quality and atmosphere of the restaurant. (The tuna tostada is one of the best dishes I have tried)

I just want to let the readers know that I have been to Puerto Vallarta over 40 times in the last 20 years and this is by far the nicest place in Puerto Vallarta, and im serious I have stayed at the Four Seasons in Punta Mita and Garza Blanca has them beat in every aspect. Maybe I just fell in love with this place but i wanted to share my experience with everyone."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of March 2010

Unforgettable

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"We stayed at this amazing spot for 3 nights in February and were quite sad to leave. This is a beautifully tranquil spot, well away from the crowds, yet a fairly short taxi ride into the city. The staff were outstanding: Benecio at the front desk was extremely gracious and professional, Marguerito the Bellman was always very welcoming and efficient and Marcello was great at remembering our favourite orders.

The rooms were beautiful, the beds provided a great nights' sleep and the view was to die for. Our meals at the Blanc Blue restaurant were outstandingly delicious and flawlessly executed.

This was one of the most beautiul places we've ever stayed, as sophisticated and perfect for its location as the Wickanninish in Tofino but with far better amenities."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of March 2010

Fantastic luxury option on Vallarta's south shore

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"I'm actually based in the Puerto Vallarta area but once in a while like to do a 'staycation' and check out a few local hotels (driving no more than a few hours from home). Last weekend I packed up my baby daughter and decided to head south to Garza Blanca. Luxury seemed to be going north in our area and I wanted to see if this hotel was truly bringing it back to the south shore. I can say that it has. The hotel is elegant yet not intimidating, feels spacious yet isn't big or overcrowded and I just loved the pool. Kudos should also be given to the restaurant. There is a beet carpaccio to die for and I had never tasted ceviche served with unique red snapper chips...I won't say more..you really must check it out for yourself."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of February 2010

Perfect PV! Don't Miss Garza Blanca!

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Just back from six days at Garza Blanca. I have been traveling to Puerto Vallarta for many years and have stayed at so many hotels and I'm thrilled that this hotel is new to the PV scene. I stayed with two friends in one of the Penthouses--a massive space! We each had giant bedrooms, bathrooms with tubs and showers and loads of living area and a full kitchen. Decor is contemporary Mexican with lovely accessories, really the only beachfront five-star resort in PV. Think super luxurious accommodations with gorgeous sunset views every day. Our balcony had a massive terrace and Jacuzzi overlooking the ocean. Kitchens are fully equipped.

Some key perks: super comfortable beds, great service and a gorgeous outdoor pool and beach area. The entire resort is very private and just 10 minutes south of town. We took taxis and it was only 100 pesos (less than $10) to any of the major restaurants and attractions. Email the hotel directly for best rates: www.garzablancaresort.com I highly recommend Garza Blanca for your Vallarta getaway!"

• Travel date: Wed 10th of February 2010

Great Getaway

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"Absolutely loved this property. We just wanted to get away from it all and this was the ideal place. It was quiet, and the property was spectacular. The suite we stayed was luxurious and spacious. Probably one of the best suites we have ever stayed for the price. We ate at the restaurant every night and it was 5-star dining. No need to leave this property if you want R&R. The only downside is the construction of the new building, but we didn't hang out at the beach or pool. Although no spa yet, the hotel recommended a massueses to come to our room. They were excellent. We found our great deal on our favorite site - luxurylink.com, which has never let us down."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of January 2010

Winter getaway

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"Last November I stayed at Garxa Blance and it was truly spectacular. The service and amenities are truly five star. Every detail of the hotel and restaurant are first class. The food and chef were amazing and the location was perfect. It is located 15 minutes south of old Puerto Vallarta donwtown which gives it a quiet atmosphere and access to what I consider the best beaches of Vallarta."

• Travel date: Thu 14th of January 2010

The Puerto Vallarta mystique is back

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"A great reopening of the legendary garza blanca hotel.
We had wonderful stay in a beautiful and luxurious room.
This is one of puerto vallarta´s few sandy beaches, don´t miss out ."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of November 2009