Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa

would not recommend

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"I am writing this review somewhat after the fact, but I just had to put in my "two-cents" worth. My husband and I traveled to Puerto Vallarta in January and we loved it so much we headed back in the end of August. The first time we stayed at the Velas Vallarta, which we loved, but it was a little far from town as it is near the marina. This time we wanted to be closer, read some good reviews and decided on the Fiesta Americana. I would not recommend this hotel to any of my friends. The view was great and the balcony was nice, but there were far too many downsides to the hotel. Here are some of the things that were a little frustrating: they never had Mexican money at night when we were going to head into town to exchange, check in was a disaster- we received our room 3 hours after check in time, the pool is quite loud and unrelaxing, in terms of a romantic setting for the pool-you will not get it-it is attached to a kids pool(which seems a little unsanitary for all the kids in it had diapers on), and the beds really were pretty bad. There were a couple of good things: it was close to downtownand their margaritas on the rocks were great. Overall, too many negatives and definitely not a 4/5 star hotel. I am looking forward to a 3rd trip back, I just won't be staying here."

• Travel date: 27th November 2003

After reading other's comments, I must say . . . .

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"that in some aspects I have to agree. The good points about the hotel: Beautiful location, everything was always either clean or being cleaned and the food was not too bad at all. Of course, La Hacienda was closed the entire time we were there (but why not, the place was only booked solid?????). The staff are incredible and will bend over backwards to help you in any way they can. I met a local there who took me out to have tacos. We went to a place called Pepe's Tacos (3$ cab ride). The place was a hole in the wall, but some of the best tacos I have ever had. (Dont be alarmed by the cats and dogs running around the place either). On the other hand, Dios Mio!! Enough of the crappy disco-tech 1989 music blaring full blast all day long at the pool!!! Oh you have no idea how annoying that is. Every other song on the CD skips and makes horrid noises, but when the CD actually stops itself, you can hear nothing but the waterfall, the fountains and the waves crashing on the beach. It is great, until of course they put the next song on. The beds are rock hard with feather pillows, enough said. VERY uncomfortable. My only other gripe is that you would think that after spending the amount of money that you do in a place like this (you can easily rack up $60 at the pool in an afternoon) that you could be comp'd something. Just a bottle of water for Pete's sake. But no, don't expect anything to show your appreciation for a big tip. As a matter of fact, the first day we were there we figured out that they pool waiters are just as slow whether you tip them or not. Ironically the cheapest beers in the hotel are the ones in your mini-bar. On the south end of the hotel entrance next door at the "Los Tules Resort" there is a little shop that reminds me of a small 7-11. Take a couple minutes to go over there and buy yourself some 1.5 Liter bottles of water for $.90 and some beers for $.75. Or at the pool you can pay $4 for a beer and $1.80 for a 12 ounce bottle of water. Doesn't sound like much, but after 7 days, it is. One day we had 14 bottles of water on our bill. Of course, not one comp'd for us. Enjoyed our time in PV very much, but probably won't be back to this place. I wanted peace and quiet and rest and got loud music, overpriced everything, and back and shoulder aches from the beds. Please e-mail if you have questions!!"

• Travel date: 8th November 2003

Casual and Comfortable

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Reading the previous reviews before traveling to PV, it became apparent there are wide ranges of opinions about this hotel. I guess my impression of the hotel and PV falls in the middle. 1. The grounds and public spaces at the FiestAmericana hotel are immaculate. I always noticed someone sweeping, pruning or cleaning. The hotel is under renovation and currently the 9th floor is the target. During the day (Mon-Sat) construction begins at 9am and ends at 5pm. If all you do is concentrate on the noise, it will drive you crazy. If you concentrate on the natural surroundings and having fun with your travel companions, you won't notice it. 2. The hotel pool is sparkling. It is a consistent depth (about 4 feet) so there is no diving. New age music plays during the morning and more upbeat Mexican and American pop music during the afternoon. It's not too intrusive. Our room was on the 5th floor and we need only close our doorwall to eliminate the sound if necessary. The beach is nice, but not pristine. The water is not crystal clear like in Hawaii or the Caribbean. Vendors roam the beach incessantly, so don't venture outside of the pool area if you don't want to be bombarded with offers for local trinkets. 3. The food is fantastic. The breakfast buffet at the hotel is phenomenal. We never ate a dinner at the hotel, but I highly recommend some local restaurants such as La Palapa, Trio and River Cafe. All are extrememly elegant in what is typcially a casual city. Unfortunately, the food at the hotel and at the local restaurants is not cheap. I found it to be about the same price as food in US hotels. 4. Downtown is bustling with shops, Internet cafes, bars, discos, and restaurants. It's a $30 peso cab ride (abot $3 USD) from the hotel. Old town is a $50 peso fare (about $5 USD). 5. The majority of the staff at the hotel is very friendly, but there is a Time Share desk poised next to the elevators masqued as an "information" desk. I mistakenly spoke to one of the reps who gave me local area information, but then invited me to a breakfast orientation for a Time Share sales pitch. I never attended, and was met with daily inquiries about why I didn't attend, followed by more breakfast invitations and even a call to my room one morning to advise me the breakfast was about to start. That annoyance drove my opinion of the hotel from Above Average to Average. Take my advice and the advice of the other reviewers, but know that each of our experiences was just that...one experience. Enjoy PV and judge for yourself."

• Travel date: 6th November 2003

The GOODS and BADS

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"From a viewpoint of our first vacation in 2 years, I would have to say that if it wasn't for the extremely annoying construction (8:30am to 6:00 pm) except for Sunday, the rock hard beds , the indoor restaurant being closed (eating dinner in the outdoor restaurant was difficult because of the humid heat) , the clogged bathtub drain and the blasting of music at the pool --- otherwise the stay was very nice. The hotel staff was great especially the maids. The hotel property was beautiful and well maintained. If you are going there to relax, inquire if the construction is done. It will drive you nuts."

• Travel date: 28th October 2003

Mi gusta!

Reviewed 9th December 2012

"Just got back from my first stay at the Fiesta Americana and I would definitely return there! The place is very clean and beautiful. I did not hear any construction going on, although it appears they are adding another floor to the place. The service was friendly and very polite...Andres was one of the friendliest staff there was! Dinner at La Palapa was romantic and the food was good too. We were lucky enough to watch a lightening storm after dinner overlooking the water...quite beautiful! My only complaint if I had to complain would be that the towels are hard..I thought the beds were fine....after all the fun in the sun and some romps afterwards...who noticed? I slept like a baby!!!"

• Travel date: 22nd October 2003

Liked the Fiesta Americana, LOVED Puerto Vallarta

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"My boyfriend and I just returned from our stay in Puerto Vallarta. The Fiesta Americana was nice but as one of the other reviewers mentioned, the beds were uncomfortable and the construction was a little annoying. If you are up and out of the hotel early like we were every day working out or checking out the sites, the construction noise should not bother you too much. The staff was wonderful and very friendly and courteous. The concierge (sp?) was fabulous and catered to our every request from finding a healing spa I was looking for to arranging for a romantic dinner at La Palupa for both of us. Some musts on your dining list should include La Petite France, Porto Bello's and Felipe's where the view is a must see although the food wasn't as choice as at the aforementioned restaurants."

• Travel date: 19th October 2003

Construction was annoying!

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"I use this web site often and follow the adivse/comments that people write about different hotels - so I thought I would re-pay the favour and tell you about our very recent trip to Puerto Vallarta. We stayed at the Fiesta Americana. The location is great, just minutes from downtown. The beach at this hotel is also great. The problems we had were that the bed really is very hard and uncomfortable, there is major construction going on at the hotel right now (Sept 2003) - very annoying and my husband got food poisoning from eating a grilled tuna sandwich at the hotel. Also, we paid for an "all-inclusive" package but they made us sign for everything (which was annoying) and they wouldn't comp my room service the night my husband was sick (I didn't want to eat alone in the restaurant). Overall - a nice hotel - but not a 5 star!!!"

• Travel date: 14th September 2003

Great hotel and location!

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Fiesta Americana and loved the hotel. First, the location is perfect. The hotel sits on the beach, however, you can catch a bus to the downtown area and be there in minutes. A shopping mall is across the street. The rooms are very clean and nicely decorated. The marble bathroom was very nice. The staff is friendly. The view was great. Ask for a room higher up as your view will be looking out over the palm trees to the bay/beach area. PV has many wonderful restaurants, shops and a charm that draws you back. I can't wait to return. It is a very romatic city. I can understand why Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton fell in love there."

• Travel date: 17th August 2003

Not what I expected

Reviewed 8th December 2012

"It was not at all what I or my wife expected. For one when we first arrived at 3PM they did not have any available rooms ready. Their check out time is 1PM; you think they would have a least one. After waiting an hour we finally got one with no view. They say that all rooms face the ocean which is true but what they do not tell you is that some of these rooms have a huge growth of trees right out side blocking the view! The room they gave us had a view of nothing but trees. The people that were supposed to clean the room re-used the same towels; they were not giving us clean ones until we started leaving them in the bathtub and completely soaking them with water. The lobby and the pool areas looked nice but the rooms looked run down and the beds made us feel like we were sleeping on a stack of plywood. Last year we went to the Cancun Place and got the all inclusive, that was nice so we got it again at the Fiesta Americana. Unlike the Cancun Palace were everything was included the Fiesta Americana was not. Don't be fooled by what you read about this place the only good service we got were from the waiters in the hotel restaurants everyone else was terrible. The day that we checked out we had an hour to go before the cab was to get there to take us to the airport. We went up to the front desk and asked them if our all inclusive was still in effect because we wanted something to drink and they guy said yes. When we were done with our drinks we were talking with some of the waiters that we had gotten to know and the drink guy that served us the drinks over heard that we were leaving and told us that since we had checked out that we had to pay for the drinks! We told him that the guy from the front told us it was OK, but he did not believe us so we took him there. The guy that said it was OK was gone and someone else was there. Needless to say we had to pay. At the Cancun Place your all-inclusive is in effect until your ride to the airport arrives. The fact that we had to argue with these people over 10 dollars was the last straw. We will never stay at the Fiesta Americana again."

• Travel date: 17th August 2003

Beautiful View!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"This was our second trip to the Fiesta Americana, and while the view and the food is still wonderful, our room left something to be desired. The room was not clean when we arrived, there was a hole in the wall, and the outside chair cushions (on balcony) had holes in them. We asked for another room and the woman at the front desk was very rude, but eventually we got a cleaner room. Tip: Deal with the men at the front desk, and give the two women who work there a very wide berth."

• Travel date: 10th August 2003

Hotels near Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa

Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta All Inclusive & Spa is also called

• Fiesta Americana Puerto Vallarta Hotel
  • fiesta americana puerto vallarta
  • puerto vallarta fiesta americana