Casa Velas Resort

Not so great experience

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"I like the writer who said this place was not for families, would also like to add this is not a great place for singles either. I went with a friend for Thanksgiving weekend based on the glowing reviews on this site. On the plus side, the service was excellent, breakfast delicious and included foot massage in my package relaxing. On the downside, my room (a master suite especiale) was horrendously humid and damp, notwithstanding trying to ventilate the room by opening the windows and turning on the air conditioning, and had an uninviting cold decor. I also thought not being on the beach was a major letdown. The bed was also uncomfortably (thin, hard mattress and scratchy sheets) and the television was old and had few english channels. I also found the pool and hotel deafeningly quiet and boring. After two days I couldn't wait to get out and moved to the Westin and was much happier-- great westin bed, glorious ocean view, warm decor, wirless internet, flat screen tv, a variety of restaurants (from low key to miami vice), glorious pools and similarly good service (the suite with a wraparound balcony with a private jacuzzi on the eighth floor overlooking the bay was spectacular), and best of all no humidity and good ventilation in the room (I'm sure being on a high floor helped)."

• Travel date: 30th November 2004

Beautiful Hotel-Outrageous prices for Food and Liquor

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Just got back from beautiful Puerto Vallarta, I just love it there. I hadn't been there for 25 yearsand I was shocked to see how much it has grown. I was very happy when the cab pulled up to the guarded gate of Qunita Real. It is located in the Marina district, in a very upscale neighborhood. the Hotel is very impressive upon entering the lobby but on closer attention I noticed that the lobby furniture was worn and and soiled and needed to be replaced. The employees are extremely polite and very professional. Before we left San Diego, I called the Hotel twice, to request a suite on the ground level, and to my dismay, after being promised a specific suite, it was not available. We were told that we could have it the following day and that we could stay in our assigned suite for one night. This seemed to please them, but not me, because I could not unpack and get ready to enjoy my trip. I had to wait until 4 o'clock the next day to unpack and settle in. The suite size is very grand, the decorations are stark at best and very cold, there aren't any rugs on the floor and there isn't any patio furniture to relax by the plunge pool. The bedspeads and drapes need to be replaced. The bathrooms are large, but the marble needs to be repolished and sealed. What bothered me the most about the hotel is the very quiet boring atmosphere. I know that it is a Spa but the same dull music played over and over and almost put you in a state of hypnosis. I asked many times for them to change the CD to something more lively. The food in the one restaurant, pool area and beach area, I thought, was outrageously expensive for what it was, there are 4 and 5 star restarants in town that are less expensive and much better. Beer. wine and liquor is so expensive that you really felt taken advantage of by ordering it. With these outrageous prices, we were forced to go out and have dinner every night, walk to the Marina for Breakfast and Lunch, and if we wanted a couple of drinks we waited until we were off the premises. I found this to be most inconvenientbecause there were some nights that we would have preferred to stay at our hotel and not go out. This Hotel has the potential of being the finest in Puerto Vallarta, but it truly needs to refubish it's lobby, guest rooms, and lower it prices on food and beverages. When we were there Nov 13-21, it felt as if it was deserted and therefore the atmosphere was dull and boring. On the bright spots, the pool area and the private beach club are just beautful and the location is great if you just want to stay in the Marina District. The Conceirges are very knowledgeable and helpful, the Gym is small but nicely equiped and the Spa offers many wonderful services."

• Travel date: 24th November 2004

What a Romantic and Serene Stay!

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"First and foremost, we were looking for a hotel that mainly catered to adults and has beautiful grounds for us to relax. The Quinta Real Puerto Vallarta satisfied our needs beyond our expectations! We spent most of our 3-day stay (except for three hours in downtown) at the hotel enjoying its serenity! There were probably only 10 to 15 other people staying at the hotel since its low season (we went 10/08-10/11) but that made us just enjoy our experience even more. The Quinta Real is approximately 15 minutes from downtown (its located at Marina Vallarta) and the property is not beachfront. However, the beach club is beachfront and a free, short golfcart-shuttle away. The hotel even lends you bicycles for you to ride around and explore on your own. The beach club has a pool and an upstairs lounge area with a big screen tv....you feel like you're hanging out at your own beach house! The hotel has a beautiful pool with a few cabanas. There's also a nice gym for guests to work out in. The spa was really nice.....I had a heated neck pillow to relax on while I was waiting to begin my services. The restaurant was lovely and romantic. Everyone was so nice and friendly! We had a beautiful room! Our room was huge with a balcony and a step-down living room. We had an indoor jacuzzi tub with a window that has a golf course view. Robes and slippers were provided. Although the bed was a bit firm, the pillows were abundant and comfy. Overall, if you want a mega-resort with tons of activities for kids, this is not the place. However, if you want a boutique hotel with character and charm, serene grounds, and beautiful rooms, the Quinta Real is the place to be!"

• Travel date: 17th October 2004

Wow....

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"This was the most heavenly place I have ever been. The service was fantastic and the ammenities were overwhelming. The beach club is beautiful as well as the pool. The spa is relaxing and the food is delicious. My husband and I spent 7 nights at the Quinta Real and saw MAYBE five other couples the entire time. Perfect for getting away and relaxing without the stress of kids and college students. I would definately recommend going during the low season (October). Everything was less expensive and the weather was prefect. We traveled downtown every night for dinner (don't miss out on the Vista Grill and deSantos...our favorites). If your a golfer, golf at the Four Seasons is an absolute MUST. We will be back to Puerto Vallarta annually from now on and will ALWAYS stay at the Quinta Real."

• Travel date: 10th October 2004

Best Hotel in PV

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"If you can afford to stay at this amazing hotel, you should stop reading this review and book your trip. This place is not for families with kids, but for couples looking for a romantic and quiet vacation in PV. The rooms are beautiful, the food amazing, and the amenities unbeatable. The beach is a couple of minutes away but it's not a big deal as there are golf cart shuttles taking you back and forth. My wife and I loved it here and would recommend it to anyone. It is a bit pricey but we thought it was well worth it. The area is nice as well, a 2 minute cab ride from Marina Vallarta and a golf course next door as well."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2004

Great hotel, even better dinner

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"A very pleasant place. A bit away from the beach, but you're not missing much. The best thing is the restaurant which has got to be one of the best in town. There are other great restaurants in Puerto Vallarta but a dinner at the hotel is well worth it."

• Travel date: 25th August 2004

Peaceful and restful vacation

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"We just returned from a 11-day adventure at Quinta Real Puerto Vallarta and we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Although we knew ahead that the hotel was not really geared towards children, we wanted to stay somewhere quiet, small, and with superior accommodations. Unlike one of the comments I read about the decor, we found it to be very tasteful, spacious, and simply comfortable. We travel to Mexico fairly often, and let me tell you, this place is, by far, superior in comfort and class. We brought our baby with us to celebrate her 1-yr. birthday and the staff was incredibly friendly with us; in fact, the capitan (Raul Cocula) even arranged (without us even asking) to have the chef make her a little cake with a candle. Overall, the staff were helpful, friendly, and quick to respond to any questions or concerns we had. I was disappointed, however, to learn that we could not go to the Beach Club, only until we had arrived. When I booked the reservation, I was told through Mexico Boutique Hotels, that we could access the hotel with no problem."

• Travel date: 22nd June 2004

Paradise

Reviewed 22nd December 2012

"We stayed at the Quinta Real for our honeymoon and it was the perfect location to unwind. We will never forget staying there, the staff were friendly and the hotel was fantastic."

• Travel date: 17th June 2004

Best vacation spot for sophisticated couples or single looking to relax

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"My husband and I recently spent our honeymoon at Quinta Real...and could not have had a more relaxing, more romantic experience. We found the hotel and its grounds (and beach club) to be impeccably groomed and architecturally stunning. The fact that this was NOT a corporate hotel, not full of children or a college spring breakers is what makes this hotel so exclusive...the definition of a boutique hotel. Everything from the soothing music they played at the pool (lounge, modern club mix)--- to the staff, this hotel is one of a kind. The food and drinks are pricey...but expected at a place like this. We found the concierge and front desk staff unusually helpful...we were greeted with complimentary drinks upon arrival and from that point on were taken complete care of. In fact, when they heard it was our honeymoon, our maid decorated our suite with bougainvilla petals and votives and filled our balcony jacuzzi with bubblebath. It was above and beyond what we had expected. I have recommended this hotel to EVERYONE I know and hope to return for an anniversary in the future. This is a hotel for someone who expects the best (in all the details).... As a side note, we were blown away with the quality of restaurants in Puerto Vallarta...every single restaurant suggested by the Quinta Real concierge proved to be worthy of their reputation (both in atmosphere and quality of food)."

• Travel date: 26th May 2004

OUTSTANDING!!

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"We just got back from a week's stay at the Quinta Real and I couldn't be more impressed. I do quite a bit of intl. travel for business and have stayed at several 5-star resorts so when it came time to plan a vacation I wanted something special, high-end, exclusive, nicely appointed, service-oriented, etc. and not just another Americanized mega resort where you're one of hundreds competing for lounge chairs and dinner reservations. So I chose the Quinta Real. Upon arriving you simply can't help but be impressed with the service, the lobby, the attention to detail, the beautiful landscaping, etc. The staff was extremely courteous, really made us feel special, went out of their way to please us but also respected our privacy. The grounds were breathtaking with a beautiful pool area, swim up bar and views of the golf course and even more beautiful at night with a blend of accent lighting and candle light. And then there are the rooms! We had a Grand Class One-Bedroom suite and it was huge! Like our own villa/townhouse. A large downstairs living room area (with sofa sleeper and a bathroom with shower) and an upstairs bedroom with a king bed, huge bathroom with jacuzzi tub and a balcony overlooking our own private yard area and plunge pool! The room was very nicely furnished and decorated (extensive use of marble and tile) and immaculately clean! The same would have cost $1,500/night in Maui, no joking. True, it's not right ON the beach and it's a little ways from downtown but that's really a plus. Downtown is only a 15 minute/$5 cab ride away and the resort does have it's own private Beach Club which is maybe 2 minutes away by courtesy golf cart. Therefore, they're both extremely accessible but the resort's seclusion allows you to get away from the crowds, noise, etc. when you want. It enabled us to reach that perfect balance of action vs. relaxation. Although it's not designed for children, we took our 2 girls (ages 8 and 5) and they absolutely loved it! But then they'd be happy just swimming all day if given the choice. Teens though might be bored since it's very quiet and there's not many others their age there. Also, we hardly ever used our plunge pool since we were so close to the main pool but if the plunge pool had a light for night swimming or lounge furniture nearby I'm sure we would have used it more. Overall though I couldn't have been more impressed. It really exceeded my expectations in everyway. If you want to truly feel special, this is the place to stay. I give it my highest recommendation and I simply can't imagine ever staying anywhere other than the Quinta Real when visiting Puerto Vallarta. Feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any doubts...."

• Travel date: 20th April 2004

Hotels near Casa Velas

Casa Velas is also called

• Casa Velas Hotel
  • casa velas boutique resort
  • casa velas