Villa La Estancia Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit

La Parrilla

Good

Beautiful Property - that's why it gets 5 stars!

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"We stayed at this condo/hotel for 7 nights with our 4 teenage kids during the busiest time of the year - December 23-30. We saw the place go from crowded to completely booked, and some of our concerns may be a result of the hotel being a bit unable to handle the crowds. Overall, though, despite any negative comments we have below, the place was beautiful and we'd recommend it to others. Hey - we want to go back already! Here are the pros: 1. The rooms are gorgeous. And spacious. 2. Housekeeping is excellent. 3. Beach is beautiful; pool is beautiful. 4. Towels are luxurious and thick. 5. Food in hotel was very good (ate breakfast there one time). 6. The service - particularly at the bellhop/cabstand area - was outstanding. Cons: 1. Tennis court was closed, and we were told that it won't be open until June. This is not the info shared on their website or on Travelocity's website. So if tennis is important to you, you should be on notice. 2. They do not stock the kitchen adequately. E.g., there were no coffee filters, sponges, dishwashing detergent or dish soap. How odd! Even Howard Johnson's provides coffee filters. 3. The concierge's desk, while friendly, was misinformed or not helpful many times. This could be because of how crowded the hotel was, or they really just might be incompetent. But they are nice about it! (e.g., they only had a menu of one restaurant in Bucerias, and they did a poor job of making reservations on our behalf at restaurants - we had better success on our own without speaking any Spanish.) 4. The sheets are awful. Not just mediocre - awful. Scratchy, uncomfortable. This was particularly strange given how luxurious their towels were. 5. Service at the pool area was really really slow as the week wore on. We waited for over 90 minutes for our lunch, which was outrageous. We eventually cancelled our order. Again, though, they were very nice about it. I think when they are less crowded this will not be an issue."

• Travel date: 5th January 2009

Best of the Best!

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Our Family of Five, 3 Boys 20, 21 and 27 just returned from our trip December 20-28. This place is amazing! The rooms are huge and beautiful. I asked for egg crates for the beds and they were put on almost immediately after we arrived. You have to provide your own Laundry detergent, dishwasher soap and all your shampoo, toothepaste, bath soap etc or be prepared to buy it in the store on site and pay alot! The food was great, we did the all inclusive, $95.00 per day per person. It was well worth it for us as we did alot of eating and drinking. The Italian, pool side and Bella vista restaurants were very good. La Cosona was good but on the all inclusive, the menu was limited. The guys at the swim up bar were great, hi Juan and Leon, we miss you! Everyone there was sooo nice and they work very hard so please tip them, they deserve it!! The beach was beautiful, mountains all around. The service was the best! They would come out to the beach and ask for your drink order. The water temperature in the pool was perfect and the ocean was warm. The temperature was about 84 during the day and 63 at night. Perfect! I would definately give this resort a 10. Can't wait to go back some day! Have fun, you will LOVE it!!!"

• Travel date: 31st December 2008

Tremendous resort property

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"There are some properties that do things so well, they transcend ratings. The Villa Estancia is one such property. While not a five-star property (a matter of size and services offered), I would certainly give this resort a grade of A+. From the furnishings to the staff performance, this is not only a wonderful place to stay, but a terrific value. Trying to be brief: Staff: every single staffer was at a minimum helpful; some were friendly in a pleasant way, and others provided a level of service that I have experienced rarely (Istanbul Hilton, Moscow Metropole). Conscientious, helpful, competent, and friendly. Rooms: terrific. Very attractive, everything worked well and was very comfortable. Furnishings are high quality. We stayed in a regular deluxe room as well as a 1-BR villa; both were roomy. The 1BR comes close to "opulent," (e.g., GE Profile appliances in kitchen). Pool area: well maintained, sizeable, good temperature, good selection of seating areas (some in direct sun, some partially shaded). Nice addition of 4 large hot tubs between pool area and beach. Beach: great beach access, and good beach. About 100 feet of beach at mid-tide; sand is soft enough. Surf is neither rough nor gentle. Nice addition of a few hammocks. Grounds: meticulously and pleasantly landscaped. Very pretty flower beds. There are iguanas roaming ... very cute. Access: While adjacent resorts have (easily reached) markets (with the added plus of good coffee) and restaurants, I'd suggest a rental car if staying here, simply to make life easy. Bucerias is a charming small town 1km up the beach. It is NOT as "tourist-oriented" as Puerto Vallarta; I enjoyed that aspect. Vallarta itself is a 20-25 minute drive away; easy enough, but you may wish to have a car. We did and were extremely pleased. Parking at the Estancia is simple (choice of valet or park on private road outside entrance). There is a very large and modern supermarket 2km from the hotel. We did not use the spa services. We dined in the restaurant once; the prices were high ($120 for dinner for two w/1 nice bottle of wine) and while the service was outstanding, the food was very good but not great. Given the options in town, we did not return. Drinks and food by pool were more reasonable (by resort standards): $5.50 drink, sandwiches about $8-10. The Estancia is on a strip of beach near the Riu Palace and the Villa Flamingos, as well as some others. It compares very well with the other properties. A note about children: This is not a resort which I would recommend for families; the Flamingos next door is more appropriate. While not a "couples retreat," the Estancia has a peaceful vibe (no drunken dance parties poolside) and is set up for adults to relax."

• Travel date: 25th December 2008

The 5 Star experience!

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"My family and I recently visited Villa La Estancia in Nuevo Vallarta, and i must say that it was truly an unforgettable vacation. From the moment we arrived we were treated with unmatched hospitality and courtesy from the staff. After a quick check-in we strolled the beautiful grounds up to the villa. Once we got to our villa (#1302) I knew right away that this was my new found paradise. Everything about the room was truly impressive, from the front entry to the ocean view balcony no expenses were spared. Everything is top of the line from the ceiling fans to the 3 flatscreen TVs. Beautiful kitchen and living room. I was happy to see that we had our own washer/dryer laundry room. This place truly has some of the nicest views and amenities mexico has to offer. And did i mention the VIEW!! I was blown away at how close we were to the ocean, and the sunset off the balcony is amazing. In the past I have always gone to Cabo San Lucas but after my visit to Nuevo Vallarta I dont think i will go back to Cabo. If you are looking for great restaurants, clubs, and nightlife you are in for a treat! For drinks and dancing I reccomend "Mandalas" and "The Zoo" , both just a quick taxi ride from the villa into Puerto Vallarta. Many more great places to choose from all within walking distance from each other. Also, after a long night of drinks and dancing, dont forget to stop off for some authentic mexican street tacos. you can find them all over the place and those little tacos are quite delicious! At the resort, poolside service was awesome, great food and drinks. The staff truly goes out of the way to accomodate your every need. The ocean is literally just a few short steps off the resort. The water was just as warm as the swimming pools of the resort. The beach is amazing and had everything to offer, jet-skis, horseback riding, parasailing, you name it. I did the ocean kayaking (free) and had a great time. Everything about this place was second to none and I would Highly reccomend it to anybody looking to experience Mexico. Hands down the BEST time ive ever had and I cant wait to go back again!!!!"

• Travel date: 1st December 2008

Relaxing vacation at Villa La Estancia

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"My husband and I just recently stayed at VLE and found the resort to be exceptional and accomodating. We were upgraded to a one bedroom villa which was more room than we needed but very upscale and luxurious! We loved the pool, restaurants and the staff. Everyone (especially Leon at swim up bar) was very nice and friendly. The resort was the right size not too large and immaculate. The location is great as you can walk or take a short cab ride to Bucerias. We also did take a cab to PV...it really was not that long at all. Overall a great experience and we would return!"

• Travel date: 30th November 2008

Excellent!!

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"We went to Villa La Estancia to celebrate our anniversary- and what a perfect spot! The rooms were amazing, as was the pool, gym, and spa! The rooms were extremely upgraded and included a very large balcony (approx 450 sq ft) overlooking the pool and ocean... large kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom with large tub, and a retreat area in bedroom area. The room was better than any suite that I've stayed. The beach was a great place to walk and the ocean was good for swimming. The pool was immaculate, relaxing, with superb poolside food/cocktail service. The gym was spacious, and the best hotel gym I've ever seen. The spa services and amenties were luxurious and approximately 30-40% less that cost of spa services in most U.S. resorts (Scottsdale, Miami, etc). The best thing about this hotel was that you felt you had the entire place to yourself- much less crowded than most resorts- and not a party scene. Great for R&R! We had breakfast on our balcony every morning, lunch poolside, then we explored either PR or Bucerias at night for dinner. One thing i want to point out, is that the cost of the poolside restaurant (La Parrilla) and the market is less than described in other reviews. Peso conversion was in our advantage- when outside of the hotel, use pesos when using taxi's or local eateries that accept only peso/dollars....if you use cash, they use a 10:1 conversion and not the "going rate" which was approx 12.5 pesos:1 dollar while we were there. I'm guessing that those that thought it was expensive may have misread the peso prices on the menu/in the market. We had lunch incuding drinks for approx $20-30 daily (for two). We met some wonderful people while there (some were owners- hi Natalie and George!) and we would certainly stay here again- and look forward to our next time. I would compare this hotel's amenities to the Royal Hideaway in Playa del Carmen- a true gem!"

• Travel date: 11th November 2008

#1302 Villa La Estancia

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"This was the best resort to stay in. The room was GORGEOS!!!It was right next to the ocean and the view was great. The room I was in slept the right amount of people and it was definitly better then staying in a normal hotel room. I definitly recommend to stay here 100%!!!!!!"

• Travel date: 24th October 2008

Escape to Mexico

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"Villa La Estancia was actually better than advertised. The room which was a 1 bedroom villa was roomy and beautiful. It overlooked the pool and the ocean also. We were warned that construction was going on at the final stage of the property but you hardly noticed that at all for all of the other scenery. The staff bent over backward to make our stay comfortable and uneventful. When we needed assistance they were there for that also. The restaurant, gym, pool, everything was first class. We would definitely come back to this "home by the sea"."

• Travel date: 1st August 2008

Amazing

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"the property is amazing, food is great and the administrator yamilka is awesome!!! heaven on earth!!! HEAVEN ON EARTH"

• Travel date: 18th July 2008