Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit

Loved every minute!!!!!

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"A tropical paradise! One of the most beautiful hotels I have had the pleasure of staying in on vacation. We did NOT book a timeshare presentation and had no problem with the staff - they were all very accomodating and friendly. Be sure to say hello to Luis (bellboy) and Conrado (pool staff) - they were a lot of fun! Our family had a 2 bedroom suite, which included washer & dryer, dishwasher, 3 full bathrooms, and 2 kitchens! The Murphy bed was a big hit with my nephew. The heated pool was heaven. It was very difficult to return home."

• Travel date: 13th January 2006

Slice of Paradise

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Our stay at this facility was MOST enjoyable. If a relaxing vacation is what you are in need of....THIS is the place! The staff were most pleasant and hospitable, patient, and kind. Construction continues on an adjacent building, however, it is not even hardly noticable. We were able to enjoy releasing endangered sea turtles every evening at 6:30 just a few feet from the property. A fishing village is within walking distance where many activities are available, skido, parasailing, fishing, native dancing, shopping and wonderful food. Weather, accommodations, and people were all more than expected. Given the opportunity, we will return. My family thanks the Flamingo staff for their kind attentions."

• Travel date: 4th January 2006

Timeshare guests preferred!!

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"I cannot believe that Travelocity actually includes this hotel in their packages. It is a timeshare resort and everything has to be bought separately...for the "full kitchen" we had to purchase the dish soap and coffee filters and our meal plan had extra charges for some additional items. I never would have spent so much money on a vacation "package" to then be treated poorly when we did not purchase into the timeshare. I won't be back and I will not be recommending it to anyone either."

• Travel date: 28th December 2005

We Loved Staying at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"We have just returned from a week-long stay at Villa Del Palmar Flamingos celebrating our anniversary and Thanksgiving. It is a beautiful, newly-built hotel in Nuevo Vallarta (not Puerto Vallarta, which is not far south, in another state of Mexico and another time zone) on the beach, with excellent view of the bay and surrounding mountains. Every room has a view of the water and mountains, which I thought was excellent. If you're looking to get out of the hustle-bustle of a city, this is the place to stay. Nothing is within walking distance, but it is a short taxi or bus ride out to Puerto Vallarta or north to some of the small towns. We are from L.A. so we enjoyed the remote location! The pool was one the nicest I've seen; it was multi-level, with waterfalls and fountains, and it's beginnings and end gave the illusion of a beach. After reading other reviews, we were prepared for some construction and noise. The noise was not a problem for us, since our room was not facing it or near it, thankfully. The restaurant was still under construction, which confused me since I did see pictures of a restaurant. This meant that all dining, unless you ordered room-service, was eaten outside. The food was good, however, watch out for bees because they will swarm around your food! The breakfast and dinner buffets served each day were quite expensive, as well as room service, but there are no other restaurants in walking distance. You have catch a taxi or bus to go to restaurants in the nearby towns. The staff was nice, though it was clear when we'd ask questions that many didn't fully understand English. The other TripAdvisor reviews also helped us be prepared for the "time-share stalkers". The concierges were particularly aggressive, and when we met the first one when we arrived, we said 'no thank-you' to her offer of a "welcome packet"; she stopped us and informed us that she was the concierge and demanded our name and room number as a requirement and made it seem as though we had to listen to the welcome-packet/time-share spiel. But we were wiser; soon after we made a fun game out of dodging the lobby and the concierges. This is probably the only bad part about our stay at the hotel. However, if you're up for dealing with aggressive sales-people and sitting through time-share meetings just to get 'free' or 'discounted' tours and meals, then this experience will be 'right your alley'! The gym is nice, as well as the deli, market, and internet area (we didn't dare go on the internet on our vacation though!). At the beach, it was so cool to have kayaks and boogie boards to use for free. There were hammocks under palm trees that were relaxing. One thing though about the beach, you will constantly be approached by people selling jewelry or clothes, or something. There's also a daily schedule of resort activities for adults and children. Overall, I would recommend a vacation at this resort, it is a very beautiful place to stay. (PS - bring a strong will-power to say 'NO' to the things you don't want!)"

• Travel date: 5th December 2005

2 perfect weeks

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"The resort is beautiful, the weather was perfect, the service exceptional. The breakfast buffet was excellent, the evening meals good but could use a little more imagination. The concierge who checked us in was overly impressed with her self appointed importance which made annoying her a pleasure. The rest of the staff was terrific. The resort is quite a way from PV but is serviced by local bus. We look forward to returning."

• Travel date: 17th November 2005

It will be almost perfect when finished!

Reviewed 5th December 2012

"Just returned from our second stay and wishing we never left. The beach and pool are beautiful as are the views from the rooms. The poolside service was fine once you met the staff. The restaurant was being remodeled and left a large gap in meal service, the provisional set-up was disorganised. We made do with the Vallarta Grill a surprisingly good restaurant just outside the resort area on the highway to Bucerias. Great Mexican food/Grilled seafood very reasonably priced. We met two wonderful couples at the resort because of the creative seating arrangements and overall had an excellent stay. The construction noise was a little distracting but should be overwith soon. P.S. A firm NO with the Sharks was all we needed to be rid of them for the week."

• Travel date: 13th November 2005

Looks can be decieving

Reviewed 24th December 2012

"First off I am writing this review from the resort. I don't want anyone to make the same mistake I made. Beautiful property, however, the construction noises are horrible. I couldn't even relax on the beach with all the construction. The room they provided was right next to major construction site. At 7 am the noise begins and can be heard even through earplugs. When I asked for a quieter room, they didn't even look to see if they had any available and told me they were at capacity. I do not believe that is true as most units looked empty. The front desk staff was rude in a passive aggressive way. The rest of the staff, waiters and bellman were very curtesous and helpful. Another problem was not enough lounge chairs in the pool area or on the beach. I was not the only one wandering around trying to find a lounge chair. When I asked staff they staid they would check with housekeeping and never return. Not much value for your money. Stay somewhere else, you'll be happier."

• Travel date: 8th November 2005

Nice resort but would not go back

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"We stayed at the Villa del Palmar for a week in October for our honeymoon. The one bedroom condo was gorgeous and spacious. The pool and beach were very clean and easily accesible. But we had a few problems with room service and the food service at the pool. More than once, our food order was wrong and most of the time the food was not good. Also the drinks by the pool left a lot to be desired. Not only did they have little alcohol in them, they did not taste good. Although, the breakfast buffet was very good and reasonably priced. Another issue we had is that the resort is very far away from anything. You can walk down the beach to Bucerio, but besides a few restaurants, there's not much to do there. If you want to go into PV, it's about a $20 taxi ride, $40 round trip. Also do NOT go on a timeshare tour unless you are truly interested. It will take longer than 90 minutes and no matter how many times you tell the sales person you are NOT interested, they will keep trying. We were on our tour for almost three hours! It's not worth the free breakfast and cheap bottle of champagne we received. We were in Mexico City for two nights before Nuevo Vallarta, and we had a much better time there. I believe that PV is becoming a lot more touristy than it used to be. We will probably not be returning."

• Travel date: 3rd November 2005

Really Beautiful!

Reviewed 21st December 2012

"Stayed two nights at the Flamingos. Rooms, grounds, pools, all very beautiful! Some ways from town, but we are "nesters." Will return next year."

• Travel date: 17th October 2005

Incredible

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"My wife and I just returned from a week's stay at the VDP Flamingos in Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit and it was a fantastic experience! Overall the hotel and grounds are nicely decorated, spacious, well laid out and presented a very relaxing atmosphere. The 1 br. condo was very spacious and comfortable. Our view of the pool and beach was impressive and the balcony was huge. Service was great, poolside, at the front desk and with our maids. The room service needs to work out some kinks, but they'll get it sooner or later. Definitely get a sport massage too! Amazing... We will definitely return with the kids next year and probably for two weeks. If you're looking for a beautiful, tranquil, clean and safe environment to vacation, this is the place. Right on the water, the pool and fountains really give it an authentic tropical feel. The morning buffet at the Bella Rest. was very good too. Not bad for $12.00 a person all you can eat. I did use the intenet cafe though. It's hard to completely shut out work...plus I sent an email daily to the kids back home in Chino Hills, CA. We shopped at The Palmita Market, but they're a bit pricey. The sandwiches at the deli are good and a real value too. We have never stayed in such a nice resort as this! I will, however, not sit for another timeshare presentation. A 90 minute welcome presentation turned in to a four hour ordeal with the female sales agent visibly miffed that we didn't want to upgrade to a 2br. Who's got 10k to plunk down with no planning? Steer clear of these folks and enjoy the resort. I do recommened buying if you're not already an owner though. This place is growing in popularity and value. See you in 2006!"

• Travel date: 31st August 2005

Hotels near Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit

Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort & Spa Riviera Nayarit is also called

• Villa Del Palmar Flamingos Beach Resort Hotel
  • hotel del palmar flamingos
  • villa del palmar flamingos