Piscina Oásis

No Heated Pool

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We stayed at Bel Air Vallarta Collection in Nuevo Vallarta for one month. During our entire stay the pool was not heated. My husband ended up with bronchitis between the cold pool and the afternoon tradewinds. By the time we arrived in New York, he had pneumonia and was hospitalized on March 17th for five days. The rooms are run down. The sofa and the dining area chair pads need replacement. There is a two burner stove. The knobs of the stove are so worn that you don't know whether they are on or off. The marble tables are cracked. There is a miniature coffee pot. It makes 4 cups. We had to make coffee twice in the morning. The kitchen was equipped with only 2 frying pans. We had to call and ask for a Dutch Oven. The Bel Air Vallarta Collection is making renovations in the rooms. They put in two flat screen TVs, new bedding and a large mirror outside the bedroom. The most frustrating thing were the lights in the bathroom. It was very difficult to apply makeup because of the dim lighting. There should be a mirror on the door opposite the sink so you can see the back of your hair. Bel Air is putting in new patios on the grounds. I would suggest going there when the rooms are completely renovated."

• Travel date: 1st April 2011

Fabuolous 3 week Vacation

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Bel Air Collection. It was such a pleasure when a lot of the staff remembered us from last year. We have stayed at resorts all over the world and I must say that this staff is by far the most friendliest. The staff goes out of it's way to make you feel like a friend instead of a visitor. I like the fact that the staff will joke and laugh with you.I guess it is because Bel Air is not one of those Mega resorts where you are just a number. BTW, the resort is beautiful, and very much alive. Daily Entertainment starts at 9 and goes to about 5; just in time for Happy Hour at Ship Wreck Kelly's. We made a lot of friends Ship Wreck Kelly's. Thank You Anwar (Gen. Mgr.) Javier and Francisco (Reception), Trinny and Victor (our Bell Caps) Javier (Ship Wreck Kelly's) and the rest of the super staff at Bel Air Collection for Making wonderful memories for my wife and myself. I. We can hardly wait to go back!"

• Travel date: 30th March 2011

Great staff & great infinity pool

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"Going in, we were a little leary based on reviews we had read on trip advisor but all was good. Yes, they're are some renovations / upgrades taking place but they weren't too intrusive, even though they were at the pool area. If you don't feel like saying "no gracias' on the beach, stick to the beautiful infinity pool. Early to 1 p.m.sun worshippers should stake out their spot by 8:30 - 9:00 a.m. You could usually find a lounge chair in the afternoon no problem. Although this resort is flanked on both sides by mega hotels, the beach right in front of the hotel is usually quite quiet. The big hotels near by give you alot of entertainment options if you wish (parasail, jet ski, etc.) Only negatives - kitchens were not well equiped with pots, pans, wine glasses, etc. & in room maintenance could be a little better (sticky shutters, wigglely fridge, leaky sink that they took care of right away). All in all we had a great stay and thouroghly injoyed the staff."

• Travel date: 30th March 2011

10 out 0f 10,...best service yet!!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"The new Bel Air Spa & Resort kept most if not all of the servers, bartenders, cleaning and maintenance staff. Not to mention the recreation and check-in personnel,..a real joy to go back and see them all again! The resort itslf is undergoing renovations (georgeous new walkways, mattresses, TV's) the place is the looking clean and beautiful...the ponds, the palm trees are a welcoming sight. The store was well stocked with groceries and coffee! Althought I do miss the restaurant, there will be new food koisks. And we had a chance to witness a wedding ceremony!...it was aahhh,..beautifully done up on the beach at dusk. To every staff member I would like to say a big sincere thank you for welcoming us back like family members. We throughly enjoyed our vaction and we will see all of you in October."

• Travel date: 29th March 2011

our beach wedding exceeded our expectations

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We didn't stay at Bel Air, we had our wedding there. But, we did have a room to get ready in, so I was able to rate a few things regarding the hotel itself.... My now husband and I just came from our destination wedding in Puerto Vallarta, MX. We stayed at a resort next door to the Bel Air Resort. Our wedding ceremony at Bel Air exceeded our expectations. The level of service I got from my wedding coordinator, Kenya Garcia, was so amazing. Before leaving for our trip, we emailed each other a zillion times, and she was always so quick to respond to my questions. I never felt like I had to wait to hear back. On the day of our wedding, she ran all over the place getting things in order for me (my personal attendant couldn't make it to Mexico), and she was perfectly calm and cool about it all. because we stayed at a different hotel than where we were getting married, Kenya had a room all set up for us with a key, so the wedding party could get dressed at Bel Air just prior to the ceremony. She also saved me money by allowing me to select my own music, and bring my ipod. She hooked my ipod up to the sound system, which again was perfect sound. The ceremony itself went without a hitch, Kenya was so patient and very kind and sweet. By the end of it all, I felt like she was a sister to me. She ran the whole show from beginning to end, and I have already referred her and Bel Air to another friend of mine who is planning a destination wedding."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2011

A REAL GEM

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Our third visit to the Bel Air, formerly the Playa Delsol Grand and it was great to be back again in spite of all the renovations going on especially on our floor. We took quite a chance coming back as last year it was really bad for us but we love this location and the fact you can walk the beautiful beach for miles. Soon as we walked in we were greeted by Pancho at the front desk, big smile and "my friends are back" he said and Diazia also at the front desk, both the best. Unfortunately the Restaurants and poolside bar service was a real hit & miss, somedays staff were great and very freindly and other days they were so slow and would almost ignore you even although they were never really busy. Other guests made the same comments to us. We ended going elsewhere to eat and for happy hour a 20 minute walk to Karen's along the beach where we were always greeted with great drinks,smiles and service. Also the Villa Del Palmar next door has an incredible deli with great sandwiches and service. We feel the the new owners of the Bel Air are really making some great improvements and it has the potential to be a first class hotel and we will return next year."

• Travel date: 19th March 2011

If you wonder "how can I have a super vacation?" try the Bel-Air Resort.

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"If you've visitied the "old" worn-out "Playa del Sol Grand" in the past, it has become the "New" Bel-Air Collection Resort & Spa Vallarta with daily improvements. You're provided a perfect blend of warm service, breathtaking sights & sounds and the beautiful Bay of Banderas, all in a gorgeous meticulously landscaped setting.This resort provides endless Ocean activities to enjoy from resident pods of dolphins and whales, a sandy l8 mile beach, endangered sea-turtle sanctuaries. Parasailing, kayacs, golf, the nearby quaint village of Bucerias to explore add to the list of things to enjoy from restful sleep to the beauty of nature and delicious food. . I would highly recommend the Bel-Air."

• Travel date: 10th March 2011

Received Resort Response to earlier Poor Review

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"As a result of my earlier bad review rating of this resort , The Member Services Manager contacted me by telephone and applogized for what happened during our December stay , and we discussed it to some length. During our stay we were very apparently caught in the effects of the refurbishing process and Ownership/Management changes resulting in our bad experiences. The Member Services Manager was very pleasant during this discussion and did give us some compensation and as a result We have booked a two week stay for January of 2012 and are looking forward to having a good stay similar to what We experienced and earlier. As an after thought , During our stay last December, The Bell Boys were the most friendly and helpful and I do want to thank them and hpe they are still there on our return next January."

• Travel date: 3rd March 2011

Big disappointment from previous experiences

Reviewed 26th October 2012

"We were there for a week and our problems started right from checkin. The reseption personnel seems surprised to see us and our room was not ready until after 6:00pm. Our reservation had been made many month prior, thru Playa del Sol group for a 2 bedroom lockoff. I am an owner at Playa del Sol Grand, purchased in Nov. 2007. Our room was very run down, TV , clocks, blinds wouldn,t close, no hot water for shower and many missing utensils and glass wear from kitchen. After several contact to reception clock and TV were repaired, got hot water in shower on fourth day. Biggest problem during the stay was a broken water pipe under the kitchen sink which broke on three different occasions, Once in the middle of the night when we were awakened by a phone call telling us there was water running off the patio to the ground below, Once while we were gone during the day, and once while we were sitting at table eating breakfast. Every thing in room got wet.. They seemed unable to fix the problem. The reception/ management personnel would never come to look at the room and even argued with us that we had one of the refurbished rooms,which it certainly was not. With this experience I could not consider bringing family or friends to the Playa del Sol Grand \Belair again. In reading some of the other reviews I am now wondering if I even have an ownership any more or at least one that I will be able to use. We enjoy the Porta Vallarta area, the beaches, resturants(Off Property) and found it to be a very friendly and pleasant place. It is certainly to bad that this resort has to be a bad reference for the area."

• Travel date: 2nd March 2011

A Wonderful Vacation

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We arrived at the Bel Air on Boxing Day 2010 and stayed for a week. We know the Nuevo Vallarta area well and rented a car so getting there was no problem at all. We like staying in this area as opposed to PV. The hotel is quaint and sandwiched between two much bigger resorts. We absolutely loved our stay at the Bel Air. We had a one bedroom ocean front suite. The room was wonderful and we ate our meals overlooking the ocean. The resort is very, very clean and well laid out. Rooms were cleaned punctually every morning. Flamingo Beach is beautiful and you can walk for miles in either direction. Whenever we needed any assistance, the staff was very helpful. The internet in our room wasn't the best so we took our laptop to the courtyard outside where it worked well. Being a smaller resort is one of the things we enjoyed best. It was quiet, clean, ocean-front with friendly staff. We hung out on the beach every day and never had any problems finding lounge chairs under a palapa. There is a wonderful supermarket and shopping plaza just up at the highway where you could find anything you wanted or needed. We really enjoyed having our own rental car to get around as well. Regarding the timeshare...they approached us on our arrival and we respectfully declined and no one ever asked us again. We really enjoyed our stay at Bel Air and would not hesitate to go back very soon!"

• Travel date: 9th February 2011