Good

Great once, bad the next time

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"My first stay at the Luna Palace was fantastic, we were there in late November. The staff was fun, curtious, the food was very good, and it was clean. I returned ten months later and it was terrible. The staff was misrable, the beach was littered with garbage, the food was ok but what ever was not eaten the meal before was served again and aging untill it was gone, we noticed that the bartenders were wattering down the drinks and that the Mexican guests were being served out of diffrent bottles of liquor than the Canadian guests. Our sheets were dirty and the staff was not as friendly. Some of the staff was still at the luna from my first trip, and they told me that busness was slow and the they had not been paid for several weeks.ther Oceana next door was owned by the same company and becuase of the slow busness the staff and guests were moved to the Luna to cut costs of running two resorts, many of the Luna staff got bumped out of work to accomidate the Senior staff from the Oceana. I was only there a week but my friends stayed an additional week and they said that when the new group arrived and there were lots of people arround the service picked up again. I loved this place, the first time and I do recomend it for the price it is a good deal, but not before November 15th."

• Travel date: 29th May 2004

Beware of Luna Palace

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This place is a time share rip off! They will gladly take your money, but will not provide the agreed upon time share time and service. Sr. Villalobos is the main representative, and will not help you. The story is good, but the result is lost money and frustration, not relaxation and value! Stay away for your own protection."

• Travel date: 18th May 2004

excellent

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"wow shocking to read such poor reviews about the luna palace. well this was my 10 year going to mazatlan and 5 years straight staying at the luna palace, 2 of the five years were all inclusive. because the luna has cooking facilities i would now prefer to cook. they charge you a 20 dollar deposit and you get that back when you leave. I find the luna quiet and peace full. If i didnt want to relax and be around alot of noise i can always pop over to costa der o hotel. I found the staff to be excellent and very accomadating to you needs. this year i purchased a timeshare at the luna and very excited about this. I am at the age between 30 -40. when i go on a holiday i do want to relax. which at the luna palace i can. i red a comment regarding the mildew smell. Well from my experience yes this is true, but the humidity is what makes it this way. when you get to your room open the doors for a while. ive stayed at several hotels through the years and its the same. i'm sure alot of travelers to mazatlan will agree. all we all need is a clean room , sheets, and sun shine. which the luna palce is all of that. please remember your in mazatlan and those workers do everything to make us happy. i found the lua palace to be the best, and the sister hotel the oceano to be more for the party animals. which is perfect too. the best part of the luna palace is all the rooms are beach front. listening to the oceon is the perfect deal. for those of you who had a bad experience that is too bad, but i do know if your not happy with anything speak up to management , they will try and rectify any issues. that is a foresure because 2 years ago i had an issue , i spoke with management and it was dealt with asap. happy holiday"

• Travel date: 28th January 2004

Hotel from hell

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We were booked into Oceano Palace and were told we were to be upgraded to a better, more expensive hotel at no cost to us because they were renovating. There were no signs of renovation and we discovered that the hotel had not been accepting customers for some weeks. Moving into the Luna Palace started okay, except there were hardly any people there and the activities personnel thought that they were providing music to be heard by people living in New York (LOUD!) It was weird. Day by day the services were cut back: the food decreased in selection and amounts. Similarly at the bar. One evening we were told there was no more red wine and the same day there was no longer a buffet provided. Their Public relations manager promised everything and came through with nothing. We finally demanded to be moved to the Oceano which had begun accepting reservations (both owned by the same company) The same movie started playing all over again. Oceano wasn't very full and services were declining: they too ran out of wine. Food not that great either. I would never stay at either place again. We felt sorry for the Mexican families that were being courted to buy "time shares" at these hotels."

• Travel date: 24th January 2004

spend more money and stay somewhere nice!!

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"My husband went here on our honeymoon. We got to our hotel but they were doing remodeling so they said we couldn't stay there.They gave us a free "upgrade" to the luna palace. Our sheets were completely stained with no pillow cases. The night stand had little bugs crawling all over it. The maid came around every morning around 8 am and opened up your door unless you had a special lock on it. We even tried puting up the sign that said not to bother us and she still came in. She would stand outside our room and sing really loud in the morning when we were trying to sleep. The staff finally started talking to us about the 4th day.It says all inclusive but there were still tip jars. We got hussled by people that worked there every day about tours. The only thing I felt comfortable drinking was pepsi because it was in a bottle. There were flies and bees all over the drinks at the bar. The food was basically the same every day and the juice there was absolutely disgusting. I would never recomend this hotel to anyone. Just pay a little more money and stay at a nice hotel.Those who say this hotel is excellent, they must have stayed at a different hotel!!!"

• Travel date: 13th January 2004

Mildew: what a souvenir to bring home!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My friend and I stayed at the Luna Palace for a 5 night stay in mid-December. The staff is very friendly, the beach location is great, pool is beautiful. The food is acceptable, however no guacamole ever! Upon arrival back home, we both noticed the aroma of mildew throughout our luggage... ugh! The towels never smelled fresh, but little did we know just how moldy the place was. Maybe the a/c ducts need a thorough cleaning! Also, many young people vacation there and the noise level at night can be very disturbing. Our coffeemaker was not usable as the water reservoir wasn't clean. Satellite TV means 3 English-speaking channels and one is CNN."

• Travel date: 19th December 2003

the luna palace was awesome!

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"we stayed at the luna palace for 2 weeks all inclusive, the service was amazing, the staff treated us like kings. The staff took us out every night on the town clubbing, discoing and just partying constantly! the food was always deliteful, its right on the beach, you have huge rooms with 2 bathrooms, beautiful sunsets, gorgeous sunrises (saw many of them) awesome hotel!"

• Travel date: 16th December 2003

Stay somewhere else!!!

Reviewed 17th October 2012

"This was our 1st trip to Mexico, and our honeymoon as well. We spent 4 nights and 5 days at this hotel and were VERY disappointed by the service, accomodations, cleanliness, and lack of activities offered at this resort. The pool was cloudy, and overrun with children, so we never got in. The food was questionable at best, and the selection was the same every night we were there. Water sports, yeah right! They hand you a towel card, and everything else in the brochure is B.S. No snorkeling, no kayaking, NOTHING! The beaches were saturated with pushy vendors. We planned on never returning to Mexico until speaking to friends that recently returned from the Alure resort on the Mayan Suncoast near Cancun. We will be going there next time."

• Travel date: 14th July 2003

Terrible place to stay

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"My family and I stayed @Luna Palace for 2 nights in June 2003. We were waiting to be accomodated at the Pueblo Bonito. The rooms are old and dinjy looking. The hotel really needs remodeling. The pool was extremely cloudy and we were afraid to get in it so we didn't. This place was a huge disappointment. We spent our time on the beach. The food was awful and so was the service. The place in one word is "old and dirty". 2 days later we were at Pueblo Bonito Emerald Bay and LOVED it."

• Travel date: 8th July 2003

Luna Palace

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My wife and I just recently got back from a 7-night stay at the Luna Palace and I would like to share my thoughts. We were definitely satisfied by our stay overall. The Luna has one of the best pools in Mazatlan and their free nightly shows were fun as well.The Mazatlan beaches are generally not a very nice place to swim or lay out in my opinion (unlike Cancun) so having a good pool area is key wherever you decide to stay there. And Luna definitely passes in that respect with two water slides, a basketball hoop, volleyball net, ping pong table, and plenty of poolside chairs.We opted for the all-inclusive option at the Luna Palace. The food was decent, not the best, but they did give you a variety to choose from. The breakfast buffet was decent with the usual omlette bar, cereals, breads, and fruits. The dinner buffet gave you plenty of choices as well. Like I said, it wasn't the best food, but definitely worth the extra money to be able to eat or drink whenever you wanted. There was also a poolside snack bar that had nachos, fries, and hamburgers and hot dogs. Although both the hamburgers and hot dogs were a bit suspect.We really took advantage of the open bar that came with the all-inclusive. Screwdrivers for breakfast, Sol out of the bottle for dinner, and the bartenders were always nice. And no one ever expects a tip at the Luna, but they do appreciate it when you throw them a buck or two.One thing I didn't like about the Luna was it's location. It was kinda too far north for me. I would have much rather been down in the busier part of the hotel area like around Costa De Oro and down where the action is around Joe's Oyster Bar and stuff.All of the rooms at the Luna have an ocean view and although the balconies are a little too close together for me, the rooms were just fine. We both loved the great water pressure out of the shower and the microwave and coffee maker in the room. The AC worked just fine as well and we slept great every night.The overall staff is very friendly and although the froados right across the street. I could go on and on, but if you want to ask me any specific questions about the Luna or Mazatlan in general, feel free to email me. Enjoy your trip!Douglas"

• Travel date: 16th June 2003

Hotels near Luna Palace Hotel & Suites

Luna Palace Hotel & Suites is also called

• Luna Palace Hotel
  • luna palace resort all inclusive
  • luna palace mazatlan