About Abbey del Sol

• seating area
  • bbq facilities
  • bottled water
  • massage
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • rooftop terrace
  • sun umbrellas
  • italian amenities
  • street parking amenities
  • wake up service alarm clock
  • pool beach towels
  • spanish amenities
  • free public parking nearby
  • coffee tea maker
  • bicycles available
  • snorkeling amenities
  • books dvds music for children
  • dvd cd player

Good

Nice Condos

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"The condo was clean, had a great kitchen with fridge, coffee maker, blender, stove/oven, microwave, and everything we needed to cook. There was free wireless internet. TV / DVD and a library of DVD's that we could check out. The property was about a 15 minute walk from the center of town, but a taxi ride is only 20pesos. The beach is less than a 5 minute walk. We would stay here again."

• Travel date: Sun 11th of January 2009

Great place!

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"We found Abbey del Sol on vrbo.com, exchanged emails a few times, and decided to go for it over winter break. It was a great choice.

The place is nice, clean and modern, and even has cable, a DVD player and wireless internet. The staff were GREAT - friendly, personable, helpful, great sources of information; gave us good tips on negotiating better deals for rental cars, best ways to get around, which places were good vs. cheesy; and they are really good tour guides for hire.

We (family of four, kids 17 and 9 y.o.) totally enjoyed our stay there and would not hesitate to stay there again."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

Fantastic Location and Hosts

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"I found Abbey Del Sol on the internet and chatted via email with the owner, Abby, several times before I made the decision to stay there. I am a seasoned west coast of Mexico traveler that typically stays in small pueblas and stays "with the people". As this trip was mainly for my 14 yr old son I wanted something that had good amenities and was close to good snorkleing. Let me tell you, I hit a home run!

As I had never been to the Cancun area I used the airport pick-up and tour services offered by the manager, Jin, and his brother, Freddy. From the time we were picked up from the airport by Jin we felt very comfortable. Abby and Tiff met us when we arrived and showed us to a great one bedroom place in Abbey del Sol 2 (Rm #11). The were extremely helpfull throughout our stay, take their recommendations they make on their website!

As stated in the other review the gardens are very nice and the pool is on the small side, but who needs any bigger when you are at the beach in Mexico!!! Everything is very clean and feels of fresh everything. The kitchen was very well stocked and perfect for snacks or full dinners.

The flat would be perfect for a family of 4 with the pull out couch. Both Abbey del Sols are a block and half off the beach on the north side of town. Each night we walked to the centro for dinner and/or happy hour. Taxis are available and very cheap 20 pesos anywhere in town and to the nearby colonia (where the locals live).

I highly recommend using Jin and Freddy as tour guides. They will take you where ever you want to go and provide some great sights you would not get elsewhere. The prices are reasonable.
If you want the local sights, Jin can tell you where to eat in the colonia, for the real feel of Mexico.

One day we took the ADO bus to Cancun. If you are going to Cancun, use it! Very Cheap and extremely nice buses for the 18peso pp trip. From the bus station you can take taxis anywhere.

Puerto Morelos is a tourist town, mainly Mexican tourists when we were there. It certainly is not rustic like many place I normally go, and it is also not the Hotel District of Cancun, it is just a nice small very well cared for fishing village.

Abbey del Sol a great place in Puerto Morelos - Great for families and romantics alike, next time it is just my wife and I!

Jeff"

• Travel date: Sun 17th of August 2008

Charming Stay in Quiet Puerto Morelos

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Abbey del Sol offers a variety of housing configurations. We stayed in a 1-bedroom apartment that had ample space for 4 adults. The apartment was clean, very nicely furnished, and had an unusually well-stocked kitchen. Free computer/internet use is available, along with a free lending library of videos/DVDs and books.

Jim, the resident manager, and Abby provided good advice and were very helpful in terms of area activities. They (gently) steered us away from a long, hot drive to snorkel elsewhere, helping us secure a boat and guide to visit the reefs off Puerto Morelos, which were outstanding for fish viewing. The trip to the reef was not expensive with their help in setting it up. Jim will also take visitors on trips to local sights.

Abbey del Sol is in a quiet neighborhood, just a few minutes walking distance from the beach (which seemed to be mostly inhabited by locals) and a few more minutes from town, where there are several good local restaurants. Puerto Morelos isn’t the place to go if you’re a fan of Bubba Gumbo’s Shrimp Palace or the like.

The pool at Too is small, but wonderful, with a platform to lie on in the water. The nicely landscaped courtyard and pool area are surrounded by a wall, so although the property is not large, there is privacy. Tile accents inside and out add to the ambience.

We stayed five nights but could easily have spent more time happily in this quiet, charming town, enjoying the warm hospitality at Abbey del Sol."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of June 2008

Hotels near Abbey del Sol

Abbey del Sol is also called

• Abbey Del Sol