About Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort

• ironing service
  • massage
  • shoeshine
  • shops amenities
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • kids meals
  • diving
  • windsurfing amenities

Wedding Disaster at the Omni Puerto Aventuras

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"I just wanted to let people know about my experience with the Omni Hotel in Puerto Aventuras. We visited the hotel in November 2003 when we scouting locations for our wedding in the Riviera Maya. We received menu prices for our wedding reception and confirmed group room rates in February 2004 for the week of our wedding in November 2004. After we received these confirmations (verbal and via emails) -- and with the knowledge of the Omni, we sent out save-the-date cards to our wedding guests in March. Unfortunately, we found out just a few weeks ago (in late May) that we had been bumped by the hotel for a much larger wedding party. (Apparently, a very wealthy Mexican family wanted to use the hotel for a 350-person wedding on the same day!) Not only was the Omni staff not apologetic at all but they also refused to even give us any kind of discount for having to reschedule the wedding and for the inconvenience and hassle of resending out invitations and reimbursing our friends who already purchased timeshares in Puerto Aventuras for that week. Finally, they also informed us that they no longer have any Saturdays available this year -- even though we have been on their schedule since February! Just a warning."

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2004

Best Beach of Peurto Aventuras

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"I visited the Omni Hotel in PA in late Jan. of this year. Hotel has excellent features; open-air lobby and bar, restaurant, spas in rooms, fantastic showers that open to the outside balcony, breakfast delivered to the room, but most especially fantastic sand and beach. The Omni sits right on its own beach and it is the best beach we saw in PA. Also nice beach bar where you can get a good lunch sandwich. Downside is that only the first floor balcony's have full jacuzzi; the upper floors have spa tubs. And there is no common jacuzzi in the pool area. The beds are hard as rocks! No activities except for the pool table (which you must pay to use), and, you must also pay to use the fitness center.! Very quiet atmosphere. The town area (right out the front door)provides shops and restaurants, as well as dolphin pools for swimming with the dolphins. Some of the merchants will bargain with you. The Mexican-type restraurant right in front of the hotel has excellent food and wonderful home-made pies, but there is a variety of restaurants and they were all good. Lots of fresh fish. There is a travel agency on-site. They can arrange trips and transportation (snag a taxi to and from Cancun). Their bus trip to Chichen itza does not allow enough time to see all the key sites of this ruin (too many side trips). Playa del Carmen is just a $5. plus tip cab ride away for more shopping and dining. You can also arrange scuba or snorkeling from the nearby marina.

Would go back when I'm looking for a quiet beach - IF they would put foam on the bed!"

• Travel date: Tue 8th of June 2004

Honeymoon Delight

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"My wife and I went down for our Honeymoon from May 2nd-8th. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves at the Omni. We went all inclusive and thought the food was great. Service was friendly and the beach was terrific. Third story room with a beach view from which we could hear the waves. We never encountered any crowds. We will definitely be back!"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of June 2004

Quiet & Intimate. However...

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"The Omni was extremely quiet and intimate. My wife and I are twenty-somethings, yet we weren't interested in the hustle and bustle of Cancun's Hotel Zone. This resort and its beach/location suited us perfectly. We liked sampling the area eateries, which compete strongly for your business. The food at the resort is more expensive, but definitely good. The free breakfast at La Veranda was a highlight for us. There's nothing like eating waffles and fresh fruit with peaceful waves only a stones-throw away. The locals do use the facilities. However, the resort is so small that it hardly matters. The only negative about the Omni Puerto Adventuras (and it's a biggie for my wife and I) was the bed. Rock Hard is the phrase that comes to mind. At a hotel of this caliber, the bed should at least be tolerable. We didn't get a decent night's sleep during our entire four-night stay. Despite this, the Omni P.A. is definitely worth a look (especially if you can get a low rate)."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of May 2004

Baby Boomers Heaven is below Cancun

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My 26 year old son encouraged me to find heaven in Cancun & Cozumel, suggesting to my wife & I to look for locations close but not exactly there. We found Puerto Adventura, booked and found the adventure a short-lived (7 day) Heaven from turmoil, crowding and pushy vacationers I experienced in Maui, for instance. Each balcony provides a relaxing jacuzzi; the beaches clean and sand whiter than Atlantic City or California's "paradise" beaches. The staff is extremely cordial, though language sometimes made specific requests difficult. The mexican food was superb and not cost-prohibitive. The music played was 60's, setting the theme of relaxation for those over 50 years old and happy to be alone. Nearby trips (well-orchestrated at the hotel) brought us to snorkeling underground as well as nearby fish treasures not seen in the states. Mayan ruins at Tulum were spectacular as well. Have been to many vacation spots in the States, Carribean and Pacific. This one is top ranked with any of the best. Will be returning to Puerto Adventura's Omni or nearby hotel cousins."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of March 2004

More than we'd hoped for

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"Just returned from a 5-day stay at the Omni in Puerto Aventuras. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with the casual atmosphere the Omni had to offer. Our room was fantastic. Loved the jacuzzi on our patio. Clean and comfortable with all the amenities one could want..in-room safe, mini-bar, fully stocked mini-fridge. The pool was beautiful-crystal clean. The best part was the beach--white powder sand, always lounge chaise's available, fun snack bar, and of course, the beautiful azure waters of the Caribbean. We opted for the European plan which included a daily continental breakfast (fresh fruit, coffee, rolls). It was a good move considering all of the fabulous restaurants surrounding the marina, just steps outside the Omni. Everything is right there...shopping, eating, beach. We also rented a little car, which took all of 5 minutes to do, and made the quick drive into Playa for some fun night-life. It's also a relatively quick drive to Tulum to see the Mayan ruins. All in all, a fabulous trip and we couldn't have been happier with the Omni...everyone was very friendly and helpful with whatever we needed."

• Travel date: Wed 3rd of March 2004

Misepresented

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"According to the descriptions of this hotel all rooms enjoy some ocean view. Not true. We could only rent a room with a marina/garden view which was neither marina nor garden. It was a building across the street and cars. We opted to have full board for our stay but were not told that the restaurant would not be available for several days due to some conference, and therefore we could only eat by the pool. We were told we could move after two days to any room available and were then told we could only move to one room across the hall. We elected to move out. Anyone and everyone uses the pool and lounges. There is no management control at all. People walk into the facilities and enjoy them without any charge. The management is more interested in selling food and drinks from their beach bar to anyone who uses the pool and beach than they are in serving their paying guests."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of February 2004

The Omni was very relaxing

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"The Omni was an extremely relaxing hotel. From the moment we took the turn in Puerto Adventuras, we knew it would be much better than Cancun.
The hotel was open air and very quiet. We stayed in an ocean view room, complete with a jacuzzi on the balcony and a private hammock. We explored into Playa Del Carmen for shopping and restaurants, and watched countless others swim with the Dolphins in the marina right outside the hotel. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for relaxation or just a break from Cancun."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of January 2004

Good home base for activities elsewhere

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Omni the last week of October 2003. It's a good place to stay as a home base for other activities like snorkeling, visiting the ruins, swimming w/the dolphins, or Xcaret. Hotel had great towels - soft and big - better than Royal Hideaway in Playa. They also offered beach towels - but you need to ask at the front desk. Front desk wasn't as helpful - the woman there during our stay always needed prodding or we had to check on her to make sure she was looking into whatever we asked. Da Vinci restaurant offered good breakfast. We found the other restaurants in the resort to be rather bland. Note though - we did a tour for Xcaret and the bus for that does not pick up at the Omni. You need to walk about 15-20 mins to another hotel for pick up. Not a big deal but when you're tired from all the activities, it's not a fun walk. Very quiet as we went "off season" so we felt a bit isolated - good if you're looking for that. Rooms were good - typical of what Omni hotels offer except the bedding and curtains were quite a bright orange. We'd stay again - but only as a home base to do activities elsewhere (like Xhu-Pa or Tulum, etc). Not a whole lot to do there. Can snorkel off the beach but not a whole lot of fish because it's mostly dead reefs."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of November 2003

Perfect in every way!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"What a picture perfect vacation! I told my travel agent I was looking for something quiet, beautiful, right on the beach and completely non-commercial. She knew exactly where to send me. The rooms were very comfortable, the food was great, the staff made us feel like locals and knew us by name, and the beach was perfect...the absolute best sand I've ever felt between my toes! I owe my travel agent a HUGE fruit basket! I'd love to tell everyone I know about it, but I hate to give my secret away. It's one of the few unspoiled places left that doesn't cost a fortune."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of October 2003