About Hotel LunaSol

• bath shower
  • hair dryer
  • baggage storage
  • car hire
  • express check in check out
  • coffee shop amenities
  • water park off site
  • shared kitchen

A Perfect Haven

Reviewed Mon 18th of March 2013

"The Hotel Lunasol was a beautiful, relaxing home base right in the middle of Playa Del Carmen. It was like stepping into a different world - once through the gates there was so little noise and a laid-back atmosphere. My room was great - very big and with a second door right out to the pool area, which was just heavenly! Everything was spotlessly clean and very comfortable. I also had an in-room safe to secure my goodies. There is no restaurant, but there is a communal kitchen by the pool where you can cook up something for yourself if you want.
The main attraction of the hotel has to be the pool - big, with a jacuzzi off to the side, and lots of room around it to lounge and relax.
The hotel is a only few blocks (only 2 or 3 minutes walk) back from the beach and has everything you need nearby - laundry across the street, market a couple of metres up the road and parking spaces at the front.
When I was there, I was given a few little extras - a pass to use a chair on the beach for free, free entrance to one of the clubs. I thought that was a really nice touch - the hotel does not need to do these things, but went out of their way to make sure I had a good time.
I cannot recommend this hotel enough - all the staff (Victor in particular) really went that bit extra to look after me and were super friendly. Thanks guys!"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of October 2009

Cute hotel with fantastic service and great rates however...

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"First let me tell you I really liked the Lunasol. The folks that work there and the owners are wonderful. We could not have asked for friendlier, more helpful people. And the hotel itself is adorable. Great lobby with a palapa roof and a water feature. Turtles! The pool is lovely. The rooms are large and clean.

However, there are no doors on the bathrooms. A saloon door on the WC. And no curtain on the shower. Not a big deal for some but it was enough to send us to another hotel. Everyone has different privacy threshold. Wish I had known before we booked!

To their great credit, the folks at Lunasol dealt with the issue gracefully, even helping us find lodging elsewhere in PDC. I would highly recommend to friends especially anyone less fussy about privacy. Or rooming alone!"

• Travel date: Wed 7th of October 2009

Wonderful time at playa del carmen

Reviewed Fri 22nd of February 2013

"It was our first time in Playa Del Carmen. The LunaSol hotel is simply perfect. It's a small hotel of 16 rooms. All rooms have a small refrigerator and they are very clean. The pool area is very nice with the outdoor kitchen. We used it a few times and all you need to cook is there. It is well located. It's about 5 minutes from anywere (the beach, stores, collectivo (bus) and restaurant. But the most important is the personnal. They are so nice (always with a smile) and helpful. They make you feel at home! They refered us some restaurants and they were very good. It's a place to go...."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of May 2009

A wonderful space to hang out.

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"A warm welcome met us as we arrived and all queries were responded to excellently. I was meeting my son and his partner after they had been travelling for almost a year. The room and facilities were great for this kind of informal 'catching up'. We were able to sleep in, laze and chat by the pool, cook and eat leisurely together or go out for meals, potter around the shops and waterfront, visit Mayan Ruins, etc.. We were within reach of the shops, the beach, the shops, the supermarket, diving facilities etc., and thus could do whatever took our fancy, with no hassles or problems. Thank you everyone for making our stay so enjoyable."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of April 2009

Nice Hotel, wonderful staff

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"We really enjoyed our stay here. The rooms were nice and clean. The hotel is close to the action but far enough away so that it is quiet. There is an extra charge for A/C but we did just fine only running the ceiling fan. The staff is what really sets this place apart. Everyone there went out of there way to be very helpful and were very friendly. However the staff didn't just seem like they were being nice because you were staying there, it felt a little more like you were staying with friends. Would choose this hotel again."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of April 2009

Great hotel in PlayaCar

Reviewed Fri 2nd of November 2012

"It was our first time in PlayaCar and I would definitely go back and stay at LunaSol again. It's very close to restaurants, la 5ta (5th ave.), shops and the beach is a few blocks away. The staff was friendly, attentive and helpful. Our room was clean and spacious enough with a small balcony and refrigerator. I didn't spend much time in the hotel but there is a nice swimming pool in the back and a collection of books for reading. Victor, Nicolas and Antonio were very nice and offered good tips. I would gladly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of April 2009

A great place to stay

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"If you are looking for a hotel in Playa Del Carmen, this is the one to stay at. We were there in February of 2009 and had a great time. The location is right where you want to be, close to beaches, restaurants and nightlife. The hotel has been completely renovated and is spotlessly clean. The rooms are large and come with a balcony and refrigerator. The pool area is lovely, relaxing and quiet with a fully equipped kitchen nearby for the use of all guests. Best of all is the friendly service of all the hotel staff. They really make you feel welcome. We will definitely return when we are in Playa Del Carmen next time.

Bill and Myrtle
Edmonton Alberta"

• Travel date: Wed 11th of March 2009

Beautiful little hideaway

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"Walked around "Playa" trying to find a hotel for another 5 nights. Checked out many and nothing compared to this. Beautiful entrance with palapa roof caught my eye. Instantly greeted by Victor and shown the rooms and yard. STUNNING. Room was spacious with 2 beds and beautiful touches. Very clean and quet, overlooking the hammocks down below off the balcony. Great fan for air and hot pressured water.
The backyard and garden were romantic and lovely. Pools, jacuzzi and waterfall were exceptionally clean. Use of a Full Kitchen, outdoor bathroom and shower to rinse off that salt from the sea. Fridge in room great for snacks and drinks.
Staff Victor, Alberto and Nicola were are very helpful and friendly, recommending places to go in Playa..........yes, El Fogon? was great fun and cheap (the true mexican way).
I would highly recommend this hotel to all! Thanks"

• Travel date: Tue 10th of March 2009

Absolutely wonderful hotel to stay in..

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"We stayed at this charming small hotel in Playa Del Carmen for 4 nights at the end of a trip in February 2009. I was really impressed with every aspect of our stay. I am a hotel general manager - so I know what friendly service and good product is all about. From the minute we stepped out of our cab, the service began. Victor noticed the cab pulling in and came right out to help with our bags - not knowing who we were or if we had a reservation. We arrived about noon, so as was to be expected, our room was not quite ready. No problem - Victor stored our bags and gave us a couple of excellent tips on some restaurants we might want to try for lunch. When we came back to get our keys and get into our room, I was really impressed with the overall look and feel of the hotel. Every area was well cared for and maintained. Our room was the same - simple, but they did provide a fridge in the room - very handy for cold beverages. And impeccably clean. I felt truly that this hotel was being kept to the best of North American standards. The shower was fabulous - great strong spray, and huge - room for 2! Every staff member we encountered at the hotel was the same - gracious, friendly, smiling, and willing to help with anything we needed. I remember specifically 2 names - Victor and Alberto - who were especially helpful with dining out suggestions (try El Fogon - we went twice in 4 days!) and a day trip to Cozumel. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel - location was only 3 blocks to the beach, yet far enough off busy 5th avenue to be quiet. The pool was great - not something you see at many small hotels in this area. I would highly recommend this hotel - you'll feel at home and have a really clean comfortable stay with very nice people."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of March 2009

Excellent hotel I loved it and will be back

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"(revue en francais plus bas!)
This little hotel is wonderfull, only 16 rooms a brind new pool/spa with a great place to get tane in the middle of the pool. A kitchen with bbq by the pool to cook your own stuff.. ( will be ready soon) There is a little kitchen in the hotel where you can cook a bit and have your breakfast.

everyroom has a little fridge to keep nice and cold Corona on your room! ;o)
The rooms are SUPER clean, the lobby welcomming and the staff ( familly members) are soooo nice and from Montreal. 2 blocks away from the beach and great bar by the ocean.

You have to go there!

Ce petit hotel est magnifique , la piscine/spa est tellement bien. avec une petite place avec de l'eau pas trop creux pour se faire bronzer. Une cuisine avec BBQ juste a cote de la piscine est presque fini. Il a aussi une petit cuisine a l'interieur de l'hotel pour cuisiner des petits trucs pas complique. Chaque chambre a son petit refrigerateur pour pourvoir garder la Corona fraiche pour les apres midis a la piscine. :O)

Les chambres sont super propres. Il n'a que 16 chambres dans l'hotel. Les proprietaires sont super gentil et s'occupe de tout. mIls sont de montreal. L'hotel est a 2 coins de rue de la plage et de petits bar cool sur la plage.

je le recommande FORTEMENT!"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of November 2008