This hotel is now closed.

Hotels near Blue Pearl Suites

Good

We Loved the Blue Pearl - es perfecto!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My boyf and I decided on the Blue Suites as an alternative to the big hotels after seeing all of the positive reviews given on Trip Advisor.

It's the first time I've been compelled to write a review on here, although I would like to have kept the place a bit more secret so there are at least some vacanices for when we come back!

We had suite 3, which was gorgeous- separate bedroom and living area and of course, the hot tub on the very large terrace (home to one friendly gekko every night)

I've only got good things to say about the BP so here goes...

- the manager- lovely man, very warm, friendly, trustworthy and great sense of humour (he needed it with us )

- cleaning - immaculate - clean towels every day - would leave you as many as you needed (beach, shower etc) - very sweet ladies

- location - one minute to the beach, near enough to 5th avenue but not too close

- close to best bars but this wasn't a problem noise-wise. Once back in room, with your terrace door shut, you can't hear a thing

- terrace - huge- and the hot tub is great way to end the night/start the morning...in fact it was great at all times.

- the room- original- natural materials- very large- all amenities you could need - great air con and in addition a ceiling fan, so you can choose which works best for you

- bathroom- wonderful big shower- endless flow of hot water

I've probably missed some points, but I hope this has conveyed what a great find the Blue Pearl is.

Some feedback on Playa too, for those of you who deciding between Playa and Cancun. I've been to both; Cancun with my female friend and Playa with my boyfriend. For couples seeking a more romantic time, I’d most definitely opt for Playa. It feels more authenticically Mexican for a start, which I found really lacking in Cancun. It's got enough to be a great holiday for a young (ish!) couple (we're mid -late 20s) - the beach is beautiful, the sea warm, clean and inviting. Whlst it' s got everything you need (beach, nightlife, shops, culture) it is far more compact and accessible than Cancun, which appeared to be just one huge road, americanised and too much concrete. Also, it is such a clean place- there are cleaners in the street morning and night and the various local establishments are spotless.

I've got to add that weather reports we checked in the month run up to our holiday, saying that Playa had thunderstorms constantly during September that had us worried prior to our trip, were totally inaccurate. Apparently whilst we were in Playa (our friends were on weather watch) the reports on the web sites said the weather in Playa was thundering and raining every day. This could not be further from the truth. The weather was gorgeous every day (we were there for 9 days), bar one afternoon of rain. If it rained it was short bursts of showers in the evening. So, to reassure anyone going in next week or so and seeing bad weather reports...don't take this as gospel as they were totally inaccurate when we were there- it was glorious.

Xel-ha is really worth the trip. Unlike a few years ago when I went, you now can only go all inclusive for about 80 dollars- seemingly expensive, but worth it. You get fed, watered, snorkelling equipment, towels, lockers ...everything you need. And you'll perhaps never see as many different fish as the number at this eco-style haven. Even though I've been previously, I was as blown away with it this time round as the last.

I was a bit disappointed by the food in Playa. The restaurants looked better from the outside than they were (this was on the main strip) and overly expensive. This said, whilst the food was only average, the service at all the restaurants was immaculate and the Mexican people were simply lovely and couldn't do enough to please.

The only restaurant worth a mention for absolutely fantastic food, ambience and service was Pan Asian (5th Av). It was the same price (high) as the others but in a different league. The Caipiroskas are out of this world, as are the speciality fish dishes. The restaurant is an open aired courtyard with a jungle theme; a glowing pool with fish running through it and private tree houses to eat in. It really was magical, romantic and a great experience.

So 10/10 for the Blue Pearl and slightly average food aside (but I think my standards are very high), 10/10 for Playa Del Carmen. We were upset to leave and days on, we still miss the Blue Pearl and Playa and can't wait to return to both."

• Travel date: Sun 28th of September 2008

Wonderful Experience

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We loved our stay at the Blue Pearl, it was an overall exceptional experience.

From the size of the room to the wonderful bath amenities and the "swimming pool" on the terrace... We couldn't have imagined better.

We do recommend the Blue Pearl Suites for location, room size and service as we were never disapointed during our whole stay!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of September 2008

Liked it

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"What I liked:
- Julio, the manager
- central location versus beach and 5th avenue and rest of Playa
- decoration and atmosphere of rooms
- small swimming pool on top to relax
- suite 1 and 2
- kitchnette handy for breakfast and small meals
- clean

What could be better
- Suite 8: too noisy because of bars; a bit pricy for 4 (275USD)
- Suite 3: a humidity smell in matras and pillows (common in Mexico)"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

Perfect in any way!

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"My husband and I stayed at The Blue Pearl for several days in april and we had the best time! This place is wonderful in any way. Great location, friendly staff, clean, a lovely rooftop terrasse with a small pool and exellent rooms / suites. We even had a "jacuzzi" on our balcony! Fully equiped kitchen. Great value!!
This place is just a few steps from the beach in the front and the main street in the back. Eat your breakfast ( lunch AND dinner - with drinks in between...) at Sensi wich is the first restaurant / bar / beach-club you see when you hit the beach - this is a lovely place with exellent food, drinks and nice staff. Have the "vegetables tempura" for lunch. Try Sensi in the evenings as well when they light up all the candles at the beach. You just know you are in paradise.
Hope to come back!
LM & J, Norway"

• Travel date: Fri 6th of June 2008

Great experience at the Blue Pearl

Reviewed Thu 18th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Blue Pearl for 10 nights in Feb and had a wonderful time. The owners met us upon our arrival the first evening and showed us to our room personally. We stayed in #3 which is up one flight of stairs. The rooms were very spacious and tastefully decorated. The king sized bed was comfortable. The patio was very large with sliding glass doors off both the living area and bedroom, and overlooked the garden area. We were happy we chose the garden view because there are several night clubs off 12th ave and it does get quite noisy later in the evening. You can hear the music pretty good from the street side. Once we closed our patio doors, we couldn't hear a thing and slept great. The air conditioning worked very well - at least the time of year we went, we had no problems with the rooms staying cool. We also loved the large tub on the patio. We never ran out of hot water even after filling it. The water pressure in the shower was also fine, and again plenty of hot water. Really the only negative we could come up with was we didn't get fresh towels about 30% of the time. Not sure why as the maids came and cleaned our room daily and everything else was fine. When we were able to catch them to get towels, they were very friendly and were willing to give us extra of anything else we needed. I don't think you could find a better location in Playa than the Blue Pearl. The beach is steps away, as is 5th ave. We would absolutely stay there again if we chose to return to the area."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of March 2008

Loved the Blue Pearl!!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Blue Pearl Suites (suite 8) with our sons (4 and 7). We had a great time! Our youngest son started every day in the tub on the balcony. It is great to have your own tub with the sunny Mexican days! After our day-trip (beach just around the corner, Maya ruines, cenotes, Xel-ha (very expensive but worth the money)), we ended the day in the roof-pool, great for kids and a nice place for parents to relax with a glass of Mexican beer!

The location of the Blue Pearl Suites is perfect: the beautiful beach around the corner with posibilities to choose your own spot or relax on a beach chair with a cold drink. Around the other corner is the buzzy 5 Avenida, a great place to have dinner of stroll around. Although we liked to have diner on 5 Avenida, we also prepared our own meals some nights. There are some big supermarkets nearby and the kitchen is well equiped.

The design and decoration of the suites is so beautiful. When we arrived there were fresh flowers on the table. Every little detail was perfect: the big livingroom with the comfortable daybeds, the design of the floor, the hot-tub, the hammock.

Due to the fact that the location of the Blue Pearl Suties is so excellent, there is noise at night when the buzzling night-life begins. Unfortunately we could not join the night-life, because of the kids. But we did not mind: after a buzzy day full of sun we were so tired that we felt asleep in the comfortable beds the moment we stepped in, the noise in the background worked as a sleeping sound. The bedroom was air-conditioned (as well as the livingroom), so we slept well!

We booked the suite via www.homeaway.com. The description of the suites there is exactly how it is. Or actually, it is even beter. You have to experience it!!"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of February 2008

Perfect!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We stayed at The Blue Pearl in suite number 8 for about 8 or 9 nights! It was fantastic! Double story apartment with two bedrooms and three bathrooms, kitchenette, biiiig living area, balcony with jacuzzi (that we didn't use only because we were too busy relaxing everywhere else!) and ocean views! We had requested this particular suite 8 which unfortunately wasn't available for our entire stay but Laura managed to change that so we didn't have to move and we were notified of this before leaving Australia.

When we arrived after 52 hours of travelling to get there we were met by the owners Laura and her husband who I can't remember his name which was nice! Unfortunately we had a couple of problems with Paypal and the money not getting to the owners, but that was fixed up a day or two after arriving after a lot of chasing around with Paypal (beware as Paypal apparently have done this to previous guests).

It is literally only a very short walk (maybe 2 mins) from the beach front where we spent most of our days relaxing. Great beach, great people unfortunately VERY touristy! We decided to forget Cancun for this reason, but it was still somewhat touristy which meant things were a bit more expensive. Horrible to say, majority of the tourists in Playa were from the same country.......and we found them to be incredibly rude to the locals and just rude in general, which has put us off returning to the same area.

The Blue Pearl is in a great location, next to everything. Walking distance to 5th Avenue, lots of places to eat out fairly cheaply. I would definately avoid staying at "all inclusive" resorts as you could spend your money eating out for a lot less!

The girls cleaning our room, even though they didn't speak English, were great! We enjoyed their smiling happy faces. They did a great job!

All in all a fantastic place to stay, the owners are great, both speaking english fluently and more than willing to help. DEFINATELY give The Blue Pearl a go. It's worth every penny.

The only negatives we had were that the air conditioners just blew the hot air around the room and it got unbelievably hot/stuffy. Across the road is the Blue Parrot night club which went until 4am every day of the week and kept us up! It was as if the speakers were outside the window.

The positives far outway the negatives."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of December 2007

Great Place, location is Awesome !!!!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Just returned from a week at the Blue Pearl in Playa del Carmen.
It was a dream vacation. The location is perfect, on 1st avenue, close to the beach, away from the noise of 5th avenue but within walking distance of everything !! We stayed in suite #1, great to be on the ground floor with a private courtyard and big private jacuzzi ... it is advertised as such, but there are no jets and it doesn't keep the water hot, still very nice, I'd call it a big tub. It's way too hot for a jacuzzi anyways.
The rooftop pool was intimate, had a great view of the ocean and street below, more for lounging, not swimming laps, not very deep.
We had a full size fridge which was nice to keep things cold and freeze water to take with us to the beach.
I have no complaints what so ever, except I had to come home.
Tips: Bring water with you every time you leave, its hot and you'll be glad you have it. Snorkel past Xcaret ... AWESOME REEF ... find someone on the beach in Playa to take you, there are people at booths along the way that will take you. Count your change, people try to rip you off. Bargain for everything including food, cab fare, snorkeling.
GREAT massages at SUNRISE MASSAGE on 5th at 2 calle. Shelly booked us out front and ask for Luz Flores, I only paid $33 for an hour and it was pure heaven, you must do it ... but please ask for LUZ ... She was Great !!!!!! You will love PLAYA !!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of November 2007

Great Condo in Playa - The Blue Pearl

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"My husband and I spent a week at the Blue Pearl in Suite #4 for our honeymoon. We had a wonderful time while we were there. The owners were very kind and helpful. The place is lovely and would return if we were to stay in Playa again. Our room was described to us as a partial ocean view but really it was a great view! Much better than expected. Plus the pool on the roof was a big plus. The views up there were wonderful."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

I love the Blue Pearl

Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2012

"I loved the Blue Pearl; the suites are original, private and silent. The location is wonderful so near of the beautiful beach of Playa that my husband and I could go to swim in the emerald Caribbean ocean every morning before breakfast, after delicious coffee at bed and take a lovely walk in the Filth avenue in the evening to dine in French or Italian restaurants at night . In the meantime we made interesting excursions to the Maya pyramids and cenotes. They were unforgettable holidays!"

• Travel date: Fri 8th of June 2007