About Gran Festivall All Inclusive Resort

• game room
  • massage
  • shops amenities
  • snack bar
  • sun loungers beach chairs
  • sun terrace
  • snorkeling amenities
  • solarium
  • evening entertainment
  • entertainment staff
  • indoor play area for children
  • fitness classes amenities
  • adult pool
  • water park
  • waterslide

Good

Stay away during high season.

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"I went to Manzanillo for X-mas vacation and will never do it again. The hotel was completely full, you could not get a table to eat and the food was terrible! The hotel is across the street from a public beach that fills up completely, you cannot get a quiet spot."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of January 2003

Wonderful Family Place

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"My husband and two daughters were at Club Maeva for New Year's Eve back in 2000 and it was amazing! If this type of event was to take place at home it would of cost us at least $500 for all of us to go. Not only was the party fabuous but the whole week was just what we needed. Keep in mind that you are not at the Ritz Carleton.The rooms are very clean and neat. Very much a Europeon style with a lot of ceramic. The beach is not that large I agree, but good enough. The entertainment and shows are great. If you are worried about things getting stolen.....don't make it tempting. If you travel anywhere, make sure you use the safe in the room and leave all valuables out of site. It doesn't matter if your in Canada or anywhere, be smart. The only thing I would mention is that the water is a little rough for those who are not great swimmers. I would not venture out along the beach at night alone........not safe.
The resort has a lot going on at night that you would not need to go anywhere else."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of December 2002

Club Maeva Unimpressive

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"Worst food I've had at an all-inclusive; rooms dusty and dirty; need a car to get to your room and a bus to get to the beach; disco keeps the whole complex up at night; backed up sewer; too many mosquitoes; beach area way too small, with no beach chairs.

shows, however, were excellent."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of December 2002

Maeva= Junk

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"This place is bad news. Including:
Thefts
Total lack of Houskeeping
Rude Management( Staff is pleasant)
Wasps (Insects that is)
200+ steps to your suite
Unsafe environment
Backed up sewer

You name it this place has it.

JUNK with a capital J"

• Travel date: Fri 22nd of November 2002

Already planning my third trip!!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I have travelled to Club Maeva twice (once by myself for two weeks, and once with a gal pal for a week & staying on by myself for a second week), so you can tell I like it.

I'm amazed by some of the negative reviews I've read--where did these people really go (couldn't have been the clean, well-maintained, safe place I know & love), or did they bring their attitudes with them, I wonder?

When travelling to all-inclusive resorts you have to expect a little repetition in food--but if you don't insist on "grazing" the entire offering in buffets every day, then you'll see plenty of variety--especially in the gorgeous salads, the pastas, etc. Kids will think they've died & gone to heaven--super french fries (Mexico has phenomenal fries--must be the hot weather for potato growing or something), plus make-it-yourself hotdogs & hamburgers.

For adults, the adults-only pool is super--quiet, lovely & great drinks. For adult dinners, I've yet to see anyone mention the Beach Restaurant--it was the best, just wish I'd discovered it sooner.

Must run for now, but will give a more detailed account later.

But for me--Club Maeva is terrific!"

• Travel date: Fri 15th of November 2002

Perfect honeymoon

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"I got married almost one year ago, and my fiancée and I were looking for something different for our honeymoon. Of course, we considered Acapulco (we have been there too many times, I guess) and Cancun, but we could't spend enough time there to make our money worth.

Finally, some1 told me about Manzanillo, and I looked for some pictures and info online, it's a shame we couldn’t get much of them, nevertheless, we finally picked Manzanillo for our honeymoon.

Our wedding was a great party, and we kinda had to run from there to the airport. After an hour-flight we landed at Guadalajara and shift to a smaller craft that took us there.

After a 15 mins. drive on a comfortable, A/C cab, we arrive at the front desk, it was kinda early (around 10:30 AM) but the front desk person was really kind and friendly. We should had to pay an extra fee for the early check-in, but when he realized that we were just married, he gave us the bracelets and get us a room, in order to have breakfast and have some rest.

The villa was one of the 600’s so it had a great ocean view, surrounded by woods and mountains. The A/C and the TV worked perfectly, as well as the safe and all the plumbing. It was a nice villa, but we literally had to climb the stairs to get there. We only took a minute to relax and change our clothes, and then we had breakfast at the main restaurant, buffet style.

The pool is massive, a little noisy, but as good as it gets. We also tried the adult pool, but excepting for the bar, we didn’t find it cool. We spent most of the time at the main pool, having fun with all the people there, Mexicans, Canadian and Americans. Both restaurants offer great food, as well as the a la carte restaurant.

To get to the beach, you only do a little walk and cross a private bridge, there’s another bar with great seafood, and you can always take your drinks to the beach and relax or walk there. Be careful, the waves seem to be little, but from time to time a big wave coming without notice can catch you.

The sand is not prettiest I have ever seen, but it’s a minor detail, I guess.

The food, the people, the drinks, the weather, the shows, the villas, the view, well, EVERYTHING made our honey the perfect honeymoon.

We are currently planning to return this December…And we’re quite sure that everything will be perfect again.

We highly recommend you this place, feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. I have also read other people’s comments, and I really cannot agree with them."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of November 2002

lots of Fun!!

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"This was our first trip to Manzanillo in 25 years and we found the beach and water to be as terriffic as we remembered. The Club Maeva is a very friendly Mexican resort. We were a little before the season in early November so the club was only abut 1/2 full . Almost all the guest were from Mexico with the typical large family with lots of Kids. We found the staff to be the most gracious and friendly(and generally spoke english) as any resort we have ever stayed at. The facility is getting a little old and the accomadations are certainly not luxurious but much more than adequate. We had a view room in the 600s and would recommend the 600 and 700 rooms if you don't mind a few stairs. This is not a resort for the handicapped or frail as it is very spread out and has lots of stairs. The food was ampleand a bit repetitious but you could always find something to enjoy even if not gourmet. The a la carte Itallian by reservation only restaurant is very beautiful and intimate with great service and I nice but limited menu . As a Vegetarian I found it a bit challenging to find much protein but lots of Guacomole and tortillas worked ok. The Breakfast was very complete with a nice omlette and pancake station to choose from . If you are not bringing children find the Adult pool. It is somewhat hidden even though it is very close to the main pool and activity area. It has it's own bar and a very nice quite ambiance and the free drinks will make you forget any of the shortcomings this nice resort ."

• Travel date: Thu 7th of November 2002

Didn't want to leave!

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"I had the best time in the world, i would go back in a second. The people there were so friendly and so much fun. The night life was great if you love to dance. It truly was an experience of a lifetime and I will never forget my time there."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of September 2002

I sure wouldn't go back...

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"I spent 2 weeks at Club Maeva recently. I would not recommend it, especially for those with young children... The staff were less than pleasant most of the time, the food was at times plain gross, the main restaurant was NOISY and not kid friendly in any way. The beach was horrible, unless of course you like vendors in your face every 7 or 8 minutes. I choose the Maeva mainly because their kid's club would take 3 year olds. My daughter, who was almost 4 did not enjoy herself there. My biggest beef is that I had to just leave her at the gate, couldn't go in with her to get her warmed up to the things going on. The same when I picked her up, had to wait at the gate while they abruptly dragged her from whatever she was doing. No opportunity for any transition period, a pretty basic requirement for most little kids. I assume they thought this was a good security measure but the thing that pissed me off the most was I'd be there at the gate and some spanish speaking families would show up, speak to the woman at the gate and then march right in. Also, I saw gardening & other staff would stroll right in if there were parents coming & going & the gate was open momentarily. The main pool had no shallow area and the kid's pool was way too small and was usually filled with unsupervised noisy brats.

Overall, I'd say this is a 2 star, not the 3 star they advertise as. I have been to many Mexico all-inclusives, this is one I would never return to..."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of September 2002

Maeva was Awsome

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"If you are trying to decide if you want to go to Maeva, Manzanillo and your bringin kids with you, i urge you to go. Im 13 and i went to Maeva last christmas with my family, it was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. The resort is great, the surrounding area is good, not to over torousted but still sorta civilized. The food was good, like somebody said sorta repetitive though. They had some ok shows and the staff was very helpful and polite. The maevamigos were fun to be around and theres alot of things to do, in the club and aroun Manzanillo. Waterslides, pools, archery, volleyball, tennis, the beach is great and there are too many choices for activities on the beach, well anways to sum it up Club Maeva, Manzanillo Mexico is great!"

• Travel date: Wed 18th of September 2002