Infinity Edge Pool with Ocean Views at Welk Resorts

• swimup bar
  • infinity pool

My Best Island Vacation Ever!! Welk Resort Sirena Del Mar - Cabo

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"GREAT RESORT!! What a diamond in the rough. Truly enjoyed my 7days at the Welk Resort. I like the fact that this resort is off the beaten path..away from the Hustle and bustle of Downtown, but only a 20min ride away. THis place is spectacular. I had the 1BR Suite and I was truly blown away with over 900sq ft, two flat screen TVs, Breakfast Bar,DVD Player, Bose Sound Wave Radio, LR, DR, Balcony with Hammock, Full Kitchen and Jacuzzi Tub!!!!! With a Spectacular Ocean View. As an added touch, House Keeping sprinkled flower petals throughout the room. Great at the lobby entrance by Cesar with a cool, wet towel and a chilled bottle of water. The Breakfast/Lunch at the onsite restaurant was EXcellent. Recieved outstanding service from Ceasar (Restaurant Manager), Carlos and Ramiro. The Front DesK Staff ( Mario, Adan, Paola & Cesar) was very friendly, attentative and helpful and so was Manny (Activities Guru) Special Accolades and Kudo Go Out to EDGAR....u are the Man. Edgar was very helpful with anything I needed...scheduling tours, restaurant recommendations, sites to visit, etc. Very Friendly and always with a SMILE!! Excellent GYM facilities!!!!!! Like in previous reviews, recommend you take the 15min Walk and catch the bus @ Home Depot for the trip to Wal-Mart (food/groceries) or downtown (pesos). Driver are very helpful, just tell them where u want to get off. For the return trip, the bus stop is down from the Puerto Pariaso Mall. The cabs will charge $15.00 to Wal-Mart and $20.00 to downtown, both are ONE WAY. On 3 ocassions I was able to hitch a ride with a Van after it had dropped guests off at the resort and was enroute back downtown..ONLY Cost me $5.00 each time!! The Driver was going back downtown any way!! Saved $15.00 In the future I will look at any opportunity to make an Exchange at the Welk Resort Cabo...all you could ever as for in a resort and more!!!!! Really impressed with the Puerto Pariaso Mall and the Marina Area. Enjoyed my vacation so much that I am looking into a real estate purchase as a retirement home. Words of Advice/Wisdom: 1. Arranage Transportation from Airport via the Resort at $36.00 RT. Cabs will charge $50.-$60.00 each way 2. Ensure u have the Hotel Phone Number/Location on your person. Resort is very new and many natives are not familiar with it yet 3. If you take a tour, ensure you have the name of the company, company phone number, Name of the Driver and the Vehicle ID Number. I left a bag in the tour vehicle and was very fortunate to get it back. 4. The locals highly recommended Mariscos Matzalan for dining..very good and very inexpensive...Whole GRilled Red Snapper was about $13.00 5. Trip Advisor recommended Maro's Shrimp House. The Lobster/Shrimp Dinner was outstanding. Excellent service. Home-made Chocolate Cake was heavenly. 6. U get a Higher exchange rate at the Banks...13pesos per dollar. 7. For great drinks that are very cheap, try Tengo Tengo Sports Bar. 8. Take the Whale watching Tour....breath-taking."

• Travel date: 15th February 2010

Friendly, Beautiful, Serene, Sirena del Mar

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Small brand new resort with helpful staff. Beautiful water front rooms well appointed with 2 flat panel TV's , all appliances, except an iron. You have a coffee maker, but get only one serving of coffee per stay; so you'll need to bring along or make a run to Wal Mart or Costco, which is not far but need to take a bus or taxi. You actually can walk if you're up to it?? To take a bus you need to walk the road uphill 15 minutes and cross a 4 lane highway to stand in front of the Home Depot for bus to Wal Mart, Costco and also to downtown Cabo, All this for 8 pesos ~75¢.! The bus drivers are helpful as well as the locals. Restaurant at hotel closes at 5pm. Either eat in apt. or hike to town. The gym is gorgeous, all brand new equipetment. Views are spectacular, and staff keeps the grounds impeccably clean. There is no nightlife, too dark to walk the road after sunset, taxis pricey. Gotta bargain!! We pd. $12 from W-Mart. He wanted $18. One warning...take heed!! We were not advised by the hotel staff and learned the hard way. Taxis want to charge $80 USD to take to the hotel from airport. Hawkers are shouting at you as you try to make your way out of the airport. And shuttles are not allowed down to the hotel. Only private ones and they are over $100. plus need to book 72 hrs. in advance. I suggest you take the Shuttle that Sirena del Mar offers for $18.00 each way BUT be sure to book a ROUNDTRIP or book the return 72 hrs before you are scheduled to depart. MX rules will not allow tthe shuttle co. to provide their shuttle one way to the airport, w/o 3 day notice. We had to take a taxi for $55.00 (1-4 people) This info was not provided to us via many emails or at check-in or various other occasions. Also the best rate in town for dollars to pesos is Wal Mart. They don't have a bank but when you pay your bill in dollars you get a much higher rate than any ATM, or hotel. If you're into relaxing with no crowds, hawkers, noise, chaos, just peace, beauty and friendly folks all around this is the place. If you want to take long beach walks or be able to walk to the Marina and town and night life look elsewhere. This resort is fully equipped with WIFI at No Charge, unlike most others. Water aerobics at noon each day and newly available massage, reflexology, etc. overlooking the Sea of Cortez. It's a beautiful place, even in the rain..gorgeous!!"

• Travel date: 9th February 2010

Fabulous stay at Sirena Del Mar

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"Fabulous stay at this exclusive resort- everything is top notch and the staff is attentive to guests. The rooms are spacious and the kitchen perfect. The oceanfront views from the room and pool...the fitness rooms, lobby overlooking the cliffs with computers. The meals at the restaurant are great and the chef came to greet us himself. The poolside bar was well stocked. The activities were fun and geared to all ages. Private beach in comparison to the crowded beaches we saw at other resorts. Ready to return to Sirena Del Mar again on our next trip."

• Travel date: 7th February 2010

Best trip to Mexico, Ever!

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"We stayed at this new resort in early January, 2010. We have been to Mexico many times, but never had a more enjoyable stay or experience! The Welk Resort is a new resort that just opened. Some contruction gong on, but never came into play during our stay. The service was spectacular and the accomodations, fantastic! The views from the patio went on forever! We saw whales and other fish, daily! No need for an expensive whale watching tour when you can see them all day from your patio! The resort is only partially built but the amenities are complete! No waitng for pool chairs! Swim up bar and all the perks of a big resort without the hassles! Great beach access with no vendor! We will be back as often as we can make the trip! I never thought of buying a timeshare before, but after this experience I may consider it!"

An unbelievably wonderful experience

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Upon entering the resort you are greeted graciously by the staff. Your first impression is that of friendliness, and closeness. That first impression stays with you during your entire stay. The resort itself is set upon a cliff overlooking the Sea of Cortez, with all the rooms being ocean view. We found very few amenities that were lacking, they seemed to have thought of all most everything. The rooms are very clean and spacious with a large deck to sit and watch the ocean. The resort itself is very small, 36 units I believe, at the time of our visit. The size greatly enhanced the intimate setting that it has. The staff can help arrange activities for you or give you advise on activities. If there is anything you need just ask. We went fishing one day and brought back a couple of fish to cook. There are gas grills on the premise which we used to cook some of the fish, and the next night the chef prepared the fish for us, at a very reasonable charge. The food at the resort is excellant and reasonable priced. Drinks are slightly high priced but not absurd. There is a happy hour between 2 and 3PM which gets you 2 for1. The beach is slightly challenging to get to, but that is attributed to the terrain. Wear water shoes if you have them. Costco is close by to stock up on food stuffs and alcohol. It is a bit of a walk uphill from the resort to the highway where you can catch a bus into Cabo for 25 pesos. The alternative is a taxi from the resort into town which will run about $15, US dollars, each way. All in all it is a fantastic place to stay."

wondeful

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"lived in spectacular resort welk out the staff is great especially the manager of the restaurant caesar, since we are responsible for explaining all the activities at the hotel, and every morning in good spirits received with his staff of servers the restaurant as well as in the pool was a little responsible for taking it exceeded my margaritas prepared espectacular drinks,super happy whit this resort as well whit all the team definitely think in come back and discuss it with my best friends were my best holiday in years Sugiere una traducción mejor"

• Travel date: 3rd February 2010

Great new resort in Cabo!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Since this resort just opened on December 21st, and only 36 units are open in the first phase of its construction, it was like having your own private resort! You could watch the whales frolic in the Sear of Cortez and see the beautiful sunrises and sunsets, all from your room's balcony. The beach is a short walk from the resort, and snorkeling gear (and even a snorkeling lession) are available at no charge to guests. Manny, the Guest Activities Director can not only teach you to snorkel, but can give you tips on Salsa dancing and give Spanish lessions as well. The exercise room is not only spacious and has a wide variety of equipment - you have a full glass wall view of the Sea of Cortez as you work out. The fire pit area is a great place to spend an evening conversing with your friends or just "hanging out" and enjoying the evening. The Spa Pool (HUGE hot tub!) is awesome. The other main pools are infinity pools, so your view of the Sea of Cortez and the arches is uninterrupted as you swim and sun! Our room was very comfortable, very "roomy", and of course everything was brand new! All of the staff were very pleasant, courteous and helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much that we are planning to return again this same time next year."

• Travel date: 31st January 2010

Wonderful time had by all

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"We just spent 6 fabulous nights (January 10-16) at the Welk Cabo Sirena Del Mar. We booked it through my father-in-laws RCI time share. It was myself, my husband and our 2 year old daughter. We were given a ground floor “lock off” suite with both halves available to us. Basically we had 2 suites, one smaller than the other but both had a full bedroom, bathroom, patio, kitchen, washer/drier, sitting area, tvs, dvd, stereo ect. It was way more space than we needed but it was nice to have access to 2 bathrooms and we borrowed some of the kitchen utensils from the extra suite. We definitely wished we had brought more people with us. We were the first to stay in that suite. Every room has an ocean view and a large balcony. We ate breakfast and dinner outside most nights and listened to the waves roll in. The night before we arrived we contacted the resort about arranging for a shuttle. Since it was less than 72 hrs notice there was nothing the resort could do for us because there are strict taxi laws. They advised us to catch a shuttle from the airport. We arrived and were instantly bombarded with time-share sales offering us free transport to our resort if we agreed to take time out of our trip to come to their resort. We had to remain firm that all we wanted was a shuttle to the resort. Finally after listening to the time-share sales pitch a couple more times they charged us $32 US to take all 3 of us to the resort. It took about an hour to get there after we stopped off at various other resorts on the way. Upon arrival at the “gate” to the Sirena Del Mar they casually mentioned that the bus was unable to go down that road and it might be a bit of a walk. Suddenly we were 2 adults, 2 suit cases and a hot sleepy toddler staring down a long road with no apparent end in site. It took us about 10 – 15 minutes to drag everyone down the road. We were instantly greeted by very friendly resort staff when we did reach the actual gate to the resort. On our way home, my husband made arrangements with the front desk for direct transport back to the airport that took us door to door, without any stops, for the same cost as the shuttle bus to the resort. Since there is no restaurant after 5 pm on site, we headed up the road to the lobster restaurant for dinner on our first night. We debated walking, since we had walked past it on the way there but they advised us at the front desk that walking was not a good idea. They quickly made us reservations and ordered us a cab. Since there were NO street lights, a cab was a smart idea. Remember to negotiate your cab fare before you set off! We were charged $10 US to go to the restaurant and $5 US to come back to the resort. The food was good and the drinks were strong! The next day we tackled Mexican WalMart. We caught a cab for $15 to WalMart. We discovered that Mexican WalMart is basically the same as every other WalMart, only everything is in Spanish. There is also a Sam’s Club and a Costco nearby but you need to have a membership. We bought 5 nights worth of groceries plus snacks AND alcohol for $96 US. A note to all parents out there, the milk is ok to feed to your kids. I was worried about Mexican milk. I bought a normal looking 4 L jug of milk at WalMart and my daughter had no issue and no complains. They also sell milk in square tetra-boxes but I stuck with what I recognized and it was fine. Infact none of us had any tummy issues the entire time we were there. We all brushed our teeth out of the bathroom tap, ate all the locally grown fruit and my daughter swallowed half the pool and we were all fine when we left. The resort staff were all very friendly and very quick to help. They were trying very hard to entertain our daughter as she was the only kid on the resort. A couple of days into our trip they presented her with a Beta fish in a little bowl for her to take care of. Every night she would feed him his “snack” and talk to him. Every morning they would ask her how her fish was. It was such a nice touch. There were lots of daytime activities planned but everything shut down at 5 pm, including the restaurant, bar and activities. Since we were told this was their soft opening, I suspect there might be more services in the evening once they really get going. Upon your arrival you will meet Manny the activities coordinator. He teaches everything from Spanish lessons to Water Aerobics class. His fitness classes are tough. I participated in the water aerobics everyday and by the end I was glad when it was over. We heard of one poor fellow that had to catch a cab back from the beach walk because Manny took them too far. He is a very friendly, motivated, attractive young man who definitely livens up the place when he is around. The food and drink on the resort is expensive. Starting at 1 pm drinks at the pool are 2 for 1 but that still works out to $3 US/drink. The entrees at the restaurant varied from $8 - $14 for breakfast and lunch. The chef will cook the fish you catch on any of the deep sea fishing tours but most people waited until the evening to cook their own fish on one of the outdoor grills. The resort is still a bit of a work in progress and there is still some construction going on and rooms are being finished. One day the heaters stopped working in the pools and hot tub and they worked very quickly to try and resolve the issue. Even though there is a lot of construction going on I still found the resort to be very clean. They were constantly scrubbing down the decks and putting out fresh clean towels by the pool. They came very early in the week to our room to change the garbage and replace the towels but they didn’t actually replace the garbage bag and she forgot to give us a new bath-mat. It wasn’t a huge issue but being there for a week with a kitchen, it would have been nice to have the garbage removed a little more often. Having a child still in diapers we quickly found an outside garbage to dispose of the smelly ones. They haven’t quite got a rhythm there yet but you can tell they aren’t far off from getting it right. Overall it was a fantastic holiday and I can’t wait to go back to the area. I felt very safe in Cabo, especially with our daughter. We have travelled to the Mayan Riviera 3 times in the past and both my husband and I noted how the local people in Cabo seemed a little better off than the people in the Mayan Riviera. There did not seem to be as much poverty and no one was “begging” for your business. I am more than happy to answer any questions. I can be reached at [email protected]"

• Travel date: 22nd January 2010

Sirena Del Mar (Welk Resort) - Experience the beauty of Baja

Reviewed 27th December 2012

"My wife and I had the pleasure of experiencing the beauty and exceptional service at Sirena del Mar, the new Cabo San Lucus property by Welk Resort Group. The resort opened to the public on 12/21 and we were there from 12/28 – 1/1. It is situated in a very picturesque location directly above the beach, off the main highway about 4 miles east of Cabo San Lucus (across from Home Depot). From the resort, Cabo is easily accessible by taxi, bus, or a rigorous walk along the beach. The architecture of Sirena del Mar is exceptional, blending the natural beauty of the Cabo landscape with maximum use of space to create a spectacular visual experience. The professional resort staff, led by the general manager Alejandro Neri, was very friendly and accommodating, and the service was exceptional. The rooms were awesome. Our unit had a full kitchen (including all appliances, dishware, and cooking equipment), dining and living room areas, washer and dryer, two flat screen TVs, Jacuzzi bathtub, a three -headed shower, a large balcony complete with furniture and a fan, and an incredible panoramic view of the coastline and the famous arch at Land’s End. We watched whales and fish jumping in the morning from our balcony and enjoyed both sunrise and sunset views. We especially enjoyed the soothing sound of the waves breaking on the rocks below. During our stay, we had several meals in the outside restaurant. The food was outstanding; their Tortilla Soup was the best I have ever had. The resort fitness center is very well apportioned with a panoramic view of Cabo San Lucus and the ocean. The resort also provides wireless internet access with two general use computers and a printer in the lobby (though the incredible ocean view may be a distraction). The two vanishing edge pools, large spa, secluded beach, organized activities, fitness center, friendly staff and exceptional location make for an unforgettable vacation experience in Cabo San Lucus. We highly recommend Sirena del Mar."

• Travel date: 15th January 2010

Not bad at all !

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Just returned from 4 day trip via offer on Hotwire.com. Here's the scoop: The old hotel has been torn down, and a new one built. Everything is brand new, and they're still tweaking things a bit. But with that said, I feel the Welk Resort is a great place with a good future ahead of them. The Hotel is located on cliffs overlooking a rocky beach with crashing waves that easily puts you to sleep. To get there, you need to either rent a car, and hire a private coach to get your there. Typical transportation shuttles are not serving the hotel directly. Cost of transport is around $180 USD at the time of this writing. The Hotel is located in the Cabo Bella neighborhood, which is primarily made up of very well to do Americans and Canadian ex-pats. The neighborhood is about 8 kms EAST of downtown Cabo. What I did was take a shuttle ($15 USD) to the Riu, and then hitched a ride on the public bus back EAST approximately 5 mins to the Cabo Bella bus stop. The bus is 8 pesos (75 cents USD). Now I'm single and only had a small carry-on, so walking the 300 yards from the bus stop, downhill to the hotel was no biggie for me. The bus stop is located on the main drag and for the 8 pesos gets you to and from downtown without difficulty. The bus also stops at Walmart and Costco, which are both about 2 miles WEST towards downtown. A taxi will cost you $20 USD, but negotiate down to $10, which worked well for me. There is a new Organic Grocery Store owned by a local named Andres, that has a very good offering of goods - a quite expensive by local standards. If you're into gourmet stuff, this is the place for you. It is located across the maindrag from the entrance to the Cabo Bella neighborhood, and also has a new Asian Noodle resturant that is getting mixed reviews. Both an easy 15 min walk from the Hotel. I had a single hotel room that was located on the corner overlooking the main pool. It was plenty for me, and again, everything is brand new and remodeled. No issues at all. All the kitchen appliances worked well (including the dishwasher with gratis soap), including the stackable washer and dryer (again, gratis soap), and all dishes/pans, etc were present. There is a full refrigerator, that I put to good use. Cooked my own meals, although the hotel does have a small restaurant that serves breakfast and lunch. Good, but not great. Good swim-up bar with all the fixings. Awesome lounge chairs, etc for sunning. The hotel gym is one of the best I've ever seen! Nice job management! There are two near by restaurants - one quite good and expensive: Mona Lisa that is Northern Italian. The other, is ok, but has a great view. Head to "Jacks" in town. Much Better and lively! There is VERY easy access to a wonderful beach that has no vendors on it, and is very quiet. It is safe for swimming and snorkeling. I ran on the beach every morning, and met most of the locals who were very friendly and provided lot's of ideas for places to eat, etc. The Hotel has two computers that very slowly access the web. No wireless. Spent one day with Cabo Adventures doing the America's Cup Racing. Enjoyable, some good exercise, and with the online discount, only $85. A very nice afternoon. However, the real plus is the meeting area at Cabo Adventures. Go early, as the waiting area is a GREAT space with trendy music and a good bar. As well, you can ask to be let up to the dolphin viewing area and watch as they conduct their classes. A nice way to spend 45 minutes prior to your event and watch the dolphin presentation. The Dolphin classes were very well organized, and I was impressed with how much time you actually get to spend directly with the dolphins. If any of you are dolphin fanatics, this would be time well spent. After Cabo Adventures, head further south out of the building about 300 yards. Across from the "orange colored building" is a GREAT tacqueria that makes awesome shrimp tacos. Ask the Cabo Adevnture folks to point it out to you as it's a hangout for locals and off the tourist beat. I also had lunch at La Tacquista one afternoon - another hangout for local ex-pats. Decent pastor tacos, but nothing to write home about. There's a new activities director at the Hotel and they are offering spanish lessons, water aerobics, and he can help arrange other activities for you. He seemed like great guy, friendly and knowledgeable. Overall, a great stay with great potential. A nice break from the hectic pace of bigger places, downtown, and tourist traps. Enjoy!!"

• Travel date: 15th January 2010