The Bungalows Hotel

Good

Great Place Stay

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"What a pleasant surprise! We thought we must be the most blessed group to find this haven right in the middle of the city. Walk to the beach and shops. The best staff in the world.. Be sure to call and ask for Eric for everything from renting a car to setting up a fishing trip. And the food was to die for. We were so happy to stay there an relax everyday for breakfast. A must if you go to Cabo!"

• Travel date: 26th March 2004

Most helpful and friendly staff in Cabo

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"I recently spent 1 week at The Bungalows. Estella,Perla,and Erik are the most helpful friendly people I have encountered in my 30 years of travel.Estella even offered to have Erik take me to the golf course which cost 20 to 30 dollars each way. After arriving at the golf course I realize I had left my camera in Eriks Jeep. About 15 minutes later Erik returned to the golf course with my camera. Now thats SERVICE! He even stopped one day as we were walking to town and offered us a ride. Charming clean rooms, helpful and friendly staff, Beautiful tropical gardens, gourmet breakfast, lovely pool, and a hug good bye from Estella. What more could you ask for."

• Travel date: 3rd March 2004

Wonderful Bungalow!

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"My husband and I had a fantastic stay at The Breakfast Bungalows a few months ago. We enjoyed a spacious 2nd floor bungalow, complete with visits by the friendly dog who "adopted" us. We might have been bothered by some of the normal local neighborhood noise (roosters, dogs), but the ambient hum of the a/c unit took care of that. We still dream about the heavenly breakfasts; they were delicious, and kept us energized almost all day! The walk to "town" was a healthy 5-7 minutes, but I was glad to have a slight buffer between our tranquil spot and the loud rowdiness of Cabo. We made the walk at least twice a day with no complaints. The staff were pleasant and helpful with advice on great places to snorkel."

• Travel date: 3rd March 2004

Pretty good but not completely happy

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"Breakfast was delicious!!! Especially the fresh watermelon juice! The staff was very friendly! My only complaints were 1) the dog on the route to town (almost bit us each time) and 2) bug bites all over from bed. If you stay here I would recommend some type of transportation into town and throughly cleaning the bed yourself."

• Travel date: 1st March 2004

Bungalows lived up to expectations...and we were there four weeks

Good
Reviewed 30th October 2012

"My wife and I spent four weeks beginning mid January this year at the Bungalows. Breakfasts were superb, staff was both friendly and efficient. Everyone from the innkeeper, Estella, the reception desk--Perla, and the breakfast and housekeeping staff knew their jobs and were obviously proud of their hotel. This is a great place away from the hustle and hassle of downtown or the beach but only a ten or twenty minute walk to either. We had some special requests for our extended stay all of which were cheerfully met. The rooms were comfortably and artistically furnished and immaculately clean."

• Travel date: 29th February 2004

A total gem!

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My family and I just stayed at the Bungalows Breakfast Inn (2/15-2/22/04). It was truly wonderful! The inn is both charming and cozy..a little oasis. Estela, Erik and the entire staff treat you like family from the moment you arrive. My kids and I couldn't wait to see what fabulous creation would be served for breakfast each day. If you are going to Cabo..it is truly a 1st class place to stay. We will definately be back."

• Travel date: 25th February 2004

Great place to stay in Cabo

Reviewed 11th November 2012

"Our family thoroughly enjoyed staying at The Bungalows (Feb. 8 - Feb. 15, 2004). Our bungalow was very comfortable, and we liked the folksy decor. The breakfasts and the staff are wonderful, and the location of the inn is great. You can walk to town - and even to the beach (although that is a longer walk) - but note that the walk back to the inn is uphill. We would go back in a minute. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 16th February 2004

Above and Beyond the call of duty

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We arrived at the Bungalow's New Year Eve's day 2003 ready for a week of fun, sun and relaxation. The following day our daughter Macy 14 months old got extremely ill and we had to take her to a hospital. She was admitted into the hospital and we spent the night in the hospital. We were having an extremely tough time because the doctor's didn't speak English and we didn't speak Spanish. We contacted Estela and and within 10 minutes she was at the hospital translating for us. When we saw her walk into the hospital door we started crying. I felt such a sense of relief I haven't felt all night. Estela didn't leave our side for the next few days. It was a life threatening situation for our daughter and the Doctors advised us we need to get her out of the country immediately. Estela stayed with us until we had air evacuate the country. Estela arranged for our luggage to be packed, hauled us to and from the hospital, pharmacy and what other things that had to be done. I have stayed at many places but I have never received this type of care and concern. I can't wait to go back to the Bungalows and have the vacation we were expecting. Macy is fine! Estela we love you!!! Regards, Shelly, Kim and Macy"

• Travel date: 8th January 2004

Best Of the Bungalows!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"What a lovely, quiet little oasis amidst the tourist trap that is Cabo San Lucas! Friendly, warm staff tend to your every need, and serve an excellent coffee, their own secret blend that we were able to bring home and enjoy. Breakfast was different each day, and was filling but never leaves you overloaded. Though most people take taxis everywhere, we found we could walk to almost everything you needed to see, and decent restaurants were very close. Rooms are simple and comfortable, and bottled water is provided daily as required. There is a pool area for lounging, very private and comfortable. All in all, a wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone seeking a quiet resort to retire to after a busy day or night in Cabo."

• Travel date: 11th December 2003

The Best Place to Stay While in Cabo

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"As several of the previous reviewers mentioned, my wife and I were researching places to stay for our November trip to Cabo. While most of the resorts had at least one negative review, I saw nothing but positive reviews for the Bungalows. I picked up the phone and spoke with Jorge who answered all of my questions, and I immediately booked the Honeymoon Suite. We were so excited about staying at the Bungalows that we were afraid of a letdown - but, upon arrival, those fears were laid to rest. Eric was working when we arrived, and he took us up to our suite, gave us a map along with eating and entertainment recommendations, and got us off to a great start. The Honeymoon Suite was awesome - it is on the top floor and off by itself - we were able to relax completely and undisturbed while sitting on our private balcony and looking at the town and ocean. We could see the cruise ships coming in and the lights of the city at night. Their breakfasts were everything people said they were. Each morning, we would head down early and enjoy some wonderful coffee by the pool until it was ready to eat. Eric is a fantsatic server who would keep my mug filled with coffee, and my glass filled with smoothies or watermelon juice. The fruit plates were delicious and every morning we had something different as an entree - each became my current favorite. Then, we would head back up to our balcony and relax before heading into town. The walk was an easy five minutes to the start of town where Cabo Wabo and Waboritas awaited. Another five minutes and we were on the other side of town - another ten minutes and we were on the beach. After a full day of playing in town we would have dinner somewhere and head back to the Bungalows to again relax on the balcony, maybe have a Pacifico, and watch the lights of the city while a gentle Cabo breeze brought the day to a close. Then, it was time for sleep and to do it all over again the next day. There is no other place like it in all of Cabo. As others have said, the staff is incomparable - Estella, Eric, and Bella really do make you feel like family - we even hugged each other when we said our goodbyes our last night. Tish and Mark, the owners, were also there and we were very happy to have met them. After spending some time with them we could see why the Bungalows is such a wonderful place - they truly care about their guests and want nothing more than for people to fully enjoy their stay while in Cabo. If you are planning a trip to Cabo, we fully recommend staying the Bungalows - you will not regret it. Kevin & Sue"

• Travel date: 26th November 2003