Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Beach Resort

A great experience!

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"First time in Cabo, went with myself, my brother, his wife and their three kids (15,14,11). Had a great time! The hotel was beautiful, great location and all very friendly and accomodating. Here are a few tips I am sure you may have heard before. When you get off the plane and go get your luggage you will have to go through a bunch of taxi drivers that you dont want to deal with. They will generally ask you "do you have your voucher." This immediately creates some doubt like "I didnt know I needed a voucher?" This is just a sales tactic and they want to take you on a tour, the wrong hotel, etc. What we did was call our hotel first. We asked them who they recommend we use to get to the hotel and they not only gave us the name of the company(cape travel) they called them, gave our names and they were waiting for us at the airport. Most of the legitimate shuttles are out on the curb and have representatives waiting. THe general fee is 26 us dollars per person for a round trip ticket. We paid in advance with cash for 6 people and had no trouble, just remember to take your receipt. Our experience at the hotel was upon arriving they give you a welcome packet and essentially it is about booking a tour with the time share people. I recommend you take it and do it as soon as you can and get it over with. We recieved $150 off food services on the property, a bottle of tequila, a free breakfast for all 6 of us and 20-40% off any touristy thing you do like parasailing. It is very much worth your time. Takes an hour and a half and they are accomodating to your no's. Our location was great. $6 cab ride to the town or a very very short walk, that is completely safe! No worries. In town, lots of shopping and great eating. We fished one day on "bad market" through Pocos sharters (pochos---) I recommend you speak with gustav who was awesome!! They have a resteraunt at the marina that had excellent food as well. I forgot the name, it is next to "ole ole" and smaller, you can recognize it by the smaller tv that has the pochos charters taped, catching fish, that sold us. Lstly remember to not pay the asking price on anything you go to buy even the fishing charters. We got a 33ft boat for 5 of us for 350 that was origianlly 600. we took home at least 30-40 pounds of filets of tuna and mahi mahi."

• Travel date: 12th August 2004

Trip Advisor Sent us this Winner!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This needed to be an extra special vacation with my daughter and her boyfriend as a tribute to her father who passed away in December. He was a fisherman and loved Cabo San Lucas. We checked out the reviews on Trip Advisor and seleceted this hotel from everyone's reviews. They told us the beaches were roped off in front of the hotel so vendors wouldn't hound us, they were right! We were approached about timeshares in the lobby, but don't regret buying one at Pueblo Bonito Sunset. Hey, we got free ATV's for our time, a must to do in Cabo. The accomodations at the Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos were superb, as was the staff. Every room has a view, unlike the Rose. Let them know you don't want a tree obstructing your view. Just the right size hotel so you're not overwhelmed with a monstrous resort. Pool, grounds and activities great. Mexican buffet night terrific, worth it! The chef gave us a personal rundown of all the great cuisine, then he cooked up the Dorado we caught deep sea fishing for an increible lunch the next day. Even gave a cooking class around the pool. Cabo is only a $6 cab fair or short walk- really loved that! You can also take a short walk down the beach to some great restaurants and nightclubs right on the beach! The Rose next door has a superior spa if you're into that! Kids waked down the beach a short way to go parasailing. We had a one bedroom with a full kitchentte, great for leftovers from the restaurants and breakfast with a full size coffee pot! Hotel was immaculate and staff very friendly. We will definatley return! I've had the good fortune to go to many resorts, this one was truly special."

• Travel date: 3rd July 2004

great trip

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"My daughter (22) and I (40 something) stayed at the PB Los Cabos June 2-6. I have stayed out on the corrador in the past but wanted to be closer to the action this time. We both thought the hotel was well maintained, they are constantly cleaning. the rooms are spacious. the Jr. Suite we stayed in had a mini fridge, stove top, microwave, sink and kitchenware. including coffee maker. bathroom had a hairdrier. The maidservice was top notch. We left a $5.00 tip the first ( and every) day. our room was always made up before lunch, with a special effort to arrange our towels, comforters and tissue into swans, bows and flowers. She also came by for nightly turn down service, and left mini candybars on the pillows. we always ate breakfast at the hotel, it was pretty good, but the best thing we tried was the fruit plate, an abundance of tropical fruit for $ 5.00 that and a muffin and we were happy. The hotel cafe has a pianist that plays beautifully in the 9-noon hours, Yes, they have gone to activities, but I did'nt think it was loud, the pool is large with places to hide if they are playing volleyball or whatnot and it is posted so you know its coming. We took part in the hand craft painting, we died laughing at this huge plate that we co-painted,thinking it was hopelessly ugly, but Josephina who runs the little booth put all kinds of finishing touches on it before she glazed it and it turned out great. We are from sonoma county, ca and are very used to high prices but the dinners in some of the places were outlandishly over the top for what you got. The live lobster house in town was the biggest rip off we encountered, it was our second night in town and we were feeling a little sick from the heat so we were not sure how much we could eat, we agreed though that we wanted some high quality food and nice atmosphere (this place overlooks downtown and the marina.) we ordered entree's only and bottled water. This sent the waiter mouth into frown. I ordered shrimp wrapped in bacon and my daughter ordered the fresh fish catch of the day. Hers was dry and mine had been cooked at some point and reheated. yuck! the total cost for that and water was one hundred dollars american. if you want to eat at theoffice, do lunch, the food was good ( we ate both lunch and dinner) but dinner was $30.00 - $45.00 a plate. The splurge that is 100% worth every penny was the spa at the PB Rose the sister hotel next door. we both had hot stone massage 90 min. for $140.00 american$. It was by far the best massage we have ever had. She had Ricardo and I had Nancy. This is a must do!"

• Travel date: 14th June 2004

Very very good

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Well, where do I start...We arrived at the hotel on June 7th and let me tell you a week is not long enough...the service that we received was great.... It exceeded my expectations by far.... The food, Hospitality, environment, mad the stay worth wail and cleanness, let me tell you these people know how to impress people by cleanness there constantly cleaning everything...This hotel buy far it the best I had a great time and am looking forward to next year..."

• Travel date: 14th June 2004

great hotel

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"We stayed in April in penthouse 2 bedroom suite 401. Very clean,wonderful view,both bedrooms are up a narrow stairway. You can't take elevator to 4th floor-take to 3rd floor and walk one flight.Pool activities were great for the kids.Staying here allows you to use the pueblo bonito rose next door which has a great spa and a bigger pool,but much more crowded.The rooms as rose mostly have no ocean view while most of the rooms at bonito have ocean view. And like many other mexician resorts, they act as if the pool towels are their most important piece of property so we bought our own which then subjected us to more hotel security questions. Both bonito and rose have a small store open til eleven. Cabs were plentiful. The pool water was nice and warm."

• Travel date: 17th April 2004

Excellent Resort

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"This was our first stay at Pueblo Bonito Blanco and forth time at a Pueblo Bonito in Mexico. We always get the best of service. This is a beautuful resort and all rooms have fantastic views. The only problem I had was with the prices in the restaurants, which were very high. No problem finding less expensive places to eat excellent food in town though. Staying anywhere in Cabo San Lucas involves sales pitches for time shares, which actually can be profitable if you use the perks and tell yourself to be strong and not buy a time share. I highly reccomend this Resort........."

• Travel date: 31st March 2004

The Place is fantastic

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"It started as a bad day, we got to the airport and Alaska Airlines told us that the flight is over booked so we might not make it, even though we had reserved and confirmed. We made it but our luggage didn?t. We get out of the airport after filling a report our transportation left....Finally we get to the hotel, they were very nice and they handled the luggage situation for us. I requested an ocean view room and we got it (there is no extra charge for ocean view). The hotel is very clean and well maintained, the people are really nice over there and are willing to help in any way possible. The beach is very nice and is swimable. The vendors on the beach might get a little annoying. You can walk to a lot of restaurants on the beach and the view is unbelievable. The hotel is very close to downtown, it?s a 5 min walk but not in the hot sun. We bought drinks and walked in with them and no one said anything. Overall the place is really nice and is worth going it was our first time there and deff. not our last."

• Travel date: 19th March 2004

Its a SCAM!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"I strongly urge everyone to THINK TWICE before reserving a room here. This place is the biggest scam. We reserved a room through their US reservations desk, they charged us over $700, and when we arrived, they said they had no room. They "offered to upgrade" us to their sister hotel - which is way out of town, in hopes of selling us a time share. Its a total scam, rip off, and the staff is clueless. Here's a tip - move along next door to the Melia Los Cabos - a wonderful hotel, closer to town, and a much better crowd."

• Travel date: 12th March 2004

Not bad....

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Pueblo Bonito Blanco is a nice hotel located pretty close to town. We had a nice oceanview room with pretty good amenities. The swimmable beach was pleasant except for the annoying vendors. The food was decent, however the resort lacked atmosphere, therefore, we frequented their sister hotel, "Pueblo Bonito Rose" for a few of our dinners. Access to town was not that great. We had to walk through on a dirt path in a dark, dingy alley to get to a main street. If this doesn't bother you then hey this is your resort!"

• Travel date: 6th February 2004

Use the Great Gym Next Door

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"Just returned from our 4th trip last week. We go the first full week in December with our friend who owns a timeshare. I suggest staying at Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos (formerly Pueblo Bonito Blanco) instead of the newer Pueblo Bonito Rose next door because Los Cabos' layout is superior for both views and the pool area. The rooms are supposed to be nicer at Rose, but there are not as many rooms with the superb views that Los Cabos has. I believe that all of the Los Cabos rooms view the bay. Sitting by the pool at Los Cabos you see the arches and at Rose, you can only see them from the area near the beach. The food at the Cilantro restaurant at Los Cabos is good and well priced as long as you stay away from the fancy dishes like steak and lobster. Drink prices are too high everywhere in Cabo except for happy hours. Management is fanatical about keeping both properties clean. You have to look for dirt and won't find any. If you stay at Los Cabos and are an owner or guest of owner and maybe a paying guest too, you can use the gym at Rose. It is a full size gym with lots of cardio equipment and new weight machines. Dumbells only go up to 50 pounds, but they have a couple of Olympic bars. Serious trainers will be very happy with the facility. Yoga is daily at 9:30 AM and is $10. It is about a 12 minute walk into town and I have not heard of anyone being robbed, but late at night I recommend a taxi back. The best happy hour is at The Office located about a 4 minute walk up the beach from the property. 2 x 1 drinks from 3-6 except Thursdays and Sundays when they have Mexican fiesta nights and the happy hour ends at 5. Skip the fiesta. Buy a shot of Tequila from Rambo who entertains people at The Office. Females are encouraged by Rambo to be put in his book. Guys, be sure to check out Rambo's book. Stop at Costco and buy bottled water. Have fun."

• Travel date: 23rd December 2003