Pool

Good

Pool and spa very cold during our stay.

Reviewed 22nd January 2013

"The hotel is very nice. The employees were very professional and interested in service. I talked with the manager along with many others staying at the hotel, but the manager said his equipment could not keep up. The Hilton next was very warm. Maybe they need to upgrade their equipment at the Melia! I would not stay here again."

• Travel date: 21st January 2013

lot's of fun but really poor food

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Spent 7 days in an 2 ocean front rooms with my family. Had a great time, the staff was very good, but the food was marginal at best and they charge a whopping sur-charge for call brands. Their entire staf was good. Everyday, the pool was festive with ativities that were either fun to watch or partipate. Volley ball, water polo, darts, ping pong shuffle board. It really was fun and the weather was outstanding. The breakfast buffet in the morning was above average with a good selection and a grill were they would custom cook eggs, omeletes etc. The lunch had a buffet that never seemed to change, ok food, but nothing exciting. They also have burgers, chicken fingers and stuff at the pool. Great french fries and well supplied, but those white hamburgers just didn't seem the right color. Dinner was just one step above horrible. At the bufffet they were usually out of everything, including things as simple as bread. Reservations were required for their "upscale" resaurant. Absolutely the worst meal I have ever had. I felt sorry for the staff who were doing there best, but it was down right sorry. After waiting for close to two hours to eat (even in restaurant that only sat about 10 of 40 tables) we left our meals virtually untouched, I had a lobster tail that I tried for several minutes to get out of the shell before I realized it WAS NOT in a shell. It was just that tough. The only all inclusive drinks are domestic (Corona and Pacifica) beer. A bud light was $4.50. A Jack and coke was $8.50. I bought a bottle in town and usally ordered ice if I were not drinking a Corona or a Frozen drink of some type. Would I go back? Defintiely to the area, but I would probably go to the Hilton, or maybe the Westin. If the food was better, I would bo back in a heartbeat. Great rooms, pool, staff beach location weather, but at all inclusive prices it should include something you would want to eat and drink. The coolest thing we did when we got there was the ATV tour. A pack of about 20 machines, with two guides. It was VERY dusty and we got extremely dirty, but the trip ended with 40+ minutes of "freetime" driving on the beach which was very fun and very cool."

• Travel date: 4th January 2004

They are trying but just can't get it together........

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"My husband and I just love the Baja and found the Melia Cabo Real to be the usual Mexican all-inclusive resort, however they need to change the rating from Superior to Standard, a 3+ at most. Rooms were standard size with in room coffee and mini-bar (restrictions 2 Water, Pop and Beer each day) unfortunalty they just couldn't keep these options stocked for your use each day making numerous requests to have these ammenities re-filled to no avail. Note:If you use the room service that they have it does take time but that's what we have when on vacation. The other problem with our room was they just couldn't seem to clean it. We were told there was daily maid service so when 2 days went by with no maid service what so ever, we complained at the front desk, their reaction was to hand us over the counter clean towels and sheets! Hey wait a minute on that, I spent how much $$$$ for 1 week and have to clean my own room, but I hate controversy so I gracefully declined the offer to do it myself. Our delema was solved when we finally tracked down another hotel maid, wrote down our room number and gave her some extra tip $$ from what we had already given the prevoius maid before, presto the room was cleaned everyday for the rest of the stay. The food was not great by any means and we would recommend having dinners out just to enjoy the local flavours of some of the fabulous little restaurants around. We would not stay at the Melia Cabo Real again as we did see some other resorts that far outwayed it with the same hotel rating. I have to say all in all we enjoyed our stay in Cabo San Lucas and will be back soon. Oh one last thought if you do stay at this resort smile, relax and remember you are in Mexico!"

• Travel date: 29th December 2003

great vacation

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"My family and i just got back from the melia cabo real and loved it. The activities staff was amazing (mercedes, daniel, suzanna, ernesto and egor) The weather was perfect everyday we were there (70's and up) The evening activities were also great. We also met the best people there. (all ages, kids to adults) It turned out to be one of the best vacations we've taken. The only bad part of the vacation was the food at the begining of the trip (just dinner everything else was great) By the end of the trip it seemed like they had gotten new chefs for dinner at the terrace restaurant. If you wanted to go explore cabo san lucas, a great restaurant was edith's. I would reccomend the lobster and scampi...best food ever. We are definatly planning on going back soon."

• Travel date: 29th December 2003

Very Avg at best

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"The hotel is beautiful, but the rooms are just OK and the service less than optimal. Worse of all is the food and thier prices. DO NOT DO THE ALL INCLUSIVE, RENT A CAR IN ADVANCE AND EAT in some great places in town. One place is called "Mocombo." We even had an ocean view room but don't waste your time with that."

• Travel date: 23rd December 2003

Go for the all inclusive

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the Melia Cabo Real for 4 nights in early September and we loved it. For us the timing was perfect. We wanted a relaxing vacation and found the hotel only about 20% full. I had read a few bad reviews but most revolved around the food and drink prices. With the all inclusive this was not an issue. The service was great, the drinks awesome and the food was good. I met a few people who were not offered the all inclusive by their travel agents and they were disappointed, because it was a little expensive. With 3 choices for food, the buffet, restaurant or pool bar, we had plenty of eating options. I also went swimming every day in the supposedly dangerous ocean. Either I have a death wish or we just got lucky. For those not as adventurous, they do have one of the few safe swimming beaches in the area. The beach is not right outside the rooms as we were told by our travel agent, but the beach is big and my wife and I were the only 2 there much of the time. The entertainment coordinators did there best to create fun and excitement, but with so few people it was tough. Most, like us, were comfortable, just laying around soaking up the sun with a little (or a lot of) tequila. We highly recommend it and would go back ourselves."

• Travel date: 27th October 2003

Had a great, relaxing week

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We just returned from our honeymoon in Cabo where we stayed at the Melia Cabo Real in Los Cabos. We loved it. It was quiet, not a lot of people, almost like we had the whole resort to ourself. The food was good, the view was great, the staff was very responsive. It is about 20 minutes from downtown Cabo but the hotel had a free shuttle that takes you town. There is also the bus which is only $1. It depends on what you are looking for. If you are all are looking for night life , stay in Cabo. If you are looking for a relaxing vacation with a great pool, great beach, and beautiful view, stay at the Melia. We got a great all-inclusive deal. We were able to go to other restaurants and do activities in town, but it was nice to just drink and eat all you want at the resort and not have to worry about how much your tab would be."

• Travel date: 5th October 2003

avoid it at all costs

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"we just returned from a weekend from hell in this property. Yes Hurricane Marty came through but it was in the tank long before the storm hit. understaffed, undermanaged employees struggled to make the best of a bad situation. The hotel needs rennovations, the food is absolutely the worst I've had in 20 years of traveling. Melia id known world wide as a great 5 star hotel company. This one needs a closer look by corporate management."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2003

Melia Cabo Real

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Spent 5 days at the Melia Cabo Real Resort. We have traveled all over the caribbean (Sandals being one of our favorites) and about 4 times to Mexico. Cabo was OK. Nothing special. Prices very high. The resort was clean but have found the Melia Resorts seems to cater to the spanish speaking. We went on a all inclusive but not all was included, Just wanted to let anyone know its just a average place not A-1. Golf was $ 400 for 2 with clubs. Nice but cheaper even in Vegas. If you were not on the inclusive a bottle of water was $ 4. Pretty high. Also not much night life unless you went to Cabo which was 20-25 minutes away. If you go have fun."

• Travel date: 12th August 2003

Loved the melia cabo real

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"AUG 8th 03 Just return from cabo. The melia was great. Good food, booze,rooms, service. Nice pool,landscaping, not too crowded, (not too many kids.) good place to relax. You must go into cabo san lucs. don't take the taxi it's $25.00. The bus runs every 20mins from infront of the resort for $1.00. BEST DINNER CRUISE IS THE CABOREY DINNER CRUISE. Best sunset or snorkling cruise is on the pirate ship sunderland awsome. Shop in cabo the people are nice, must party at the cabo wabo. have nice trip. ps. stay away from Huston airport it sucks."

• Travel date: 7th August 2003

Hotels near Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos

Top traveller tips for Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos

• by LeeTongen

"Stay closer to Cabo San Lucas; this hotel is too far from the attractions!"

Paradisus by Melia Los Cabos is also called