About ME Cabo by Melia

• adult pool

ME Melia --- Awesome

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"We stayed from May 5th - May10

Unbelieveable good time. Paula and Julia were amazing hosts. Best cabana I've ever seen...

Would def recomend staying on the level in the most georgeous suite I've ever seen. Truly.

Staff couldn't have been more over the top helpful and fun. The crowd was young, talented, neavu rich types, in great shape, hottest boddies in Cabo.

I will retrun!"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of May 2007

Only for the Grown and Sexy

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"I stayed at ME in Cabo in mid-February 2007. I am a 31 year old event planner and my 39 year old fiancé owns a flooring business. We were looking for a quick getaway from DC’s snowy winter but what we got was an experience that will be remembered forever. First, I suggest you book the hotel on their website; they were cheaper than every travel website I searched. Also, join the ME Rewards club because the card entitles you to a free complimentary breakfast. Upon arrival you will see that the hotel decor is amazing and unlike other guest, I don't think the pictures on the website really do it the justice it deserves. We have a very contemporary home with modern decor but the ME Cabo had me asking staff "where did they get that vase, sofa, etc..." Speaking of the staff, they were truly spectacular. Like most other entries, I cannot say enough about Julia at the pool. She made us feel like VIP's our entire 5 days there. Make sure you reserve a cabana near the pool with her the night before you want it. The $50 daily fee is well worth it and you have it the entire day for your enjoyment. The waiters by the pool were great too and you never waited to long for anything you ordered. We racked up some bills but it was worth it. The drinks were good and the sushi was to die for. My fiancé is still searching for a spider roll in the DC area that can compare to those we had by the pool. I need to add that the other hotel guest were just as stunning as the décor. I told my fiancé that I felt as if we were among the young, rich and beautiful. Maybe it was the warmth of the sun on their bodies but everyone there seemed flawless. We made a lot of friends with people from the West Coast who think of Cabo as a “weekend trip”. They couldn’t believe we were there from the east coast. We even had a young lady say that we reminded them of Jay-Z and Beyonce. Now I don't profess to look anything like "B" but I understood where her uniformed statement came from and appreciated the compliment (LOL). Anyway, it seemed as if I danced non-stop for 24 hours a day. The live band and DJ by the pool were great. Everyone is correct about the music being loud but once in the room, I could easily tune it out. I would not suggest the hotel for an older "seasoned" crowd looking to read a book and just relax. However, there was a group of women celebrating their "50th birthday" and they flashed us, splashed us and truly partied more than the 20 and 30 year olds so I guess it depends on the individual and purpose of the trip. The club at the hotel is the best in Cabo. I danced so much and so hard that I had staff and guest coming up to me for days about my dancing at the club. I think a combination of the club, the moonlight (since part of the club is open air) and my fiancé behind me just gave me an uninhibited feeling that turned into several hours of non-stop grooving. One night I did a solo routine in front of the fire pit (yes this is part of the club area) and the waiters and guest gave me a round of applause. This was truly one of the best vacations I have ever had and we have been around the world. The staff and hotel were great and I am planning another visit to Cabo and the ME hotel in August and October. I just booked a trip to Jamaica for this June and I started my hotel search on the Sol Melia hotel website. They didn't have a hotel there and I was crushed. I don't think any experience will ever compare to those 5 days in Cabo."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of May 2007

Excellent

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"This place is wonderful, clean, excellent service, atmosphere,
food, drink, friendly and wonderful staff. The rooms are
awesome, the ocean views, the pool area is a incredibly
beautiful and wonderfully relaxing place. This was our first
visit, but it will not be our last, we will visit often now.
Must try this place!"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of April 2007

I Loved ME Cabo

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"We just got back from a 5 day stay at ME Cabo, Melia Hotels in Cabo San Lucas. After reading so many bad reviews on this site, I felt like I had to clear the air. I've traveled to many places and I love staying in fun, luxurious hotels. So speaking from experience, ME Cabo was one of the best hotels I stayed in while visiting Mexico , the South and the Central Americas . The staff at this hotel was absolutely amazing! Everybody, from the front desk, to room service, to the pool-side bar was very nice and friendly. The rooms are spacious, and each room has a balcony overlooking the garden, the ocean or the pool area. The pool and the beach cabanas were the best!

One more thing, we love traveling with our dogs and this hotel was EXTREMELY accomodating, nice and helpful with making sure our dog was taken care of. It means a lot to offer a pet-friendly policy, and ME Cabo was very kind to our dog. They gave him a brand new bed, toys, shampoo and even snacks. I was pleasantly surprised and I am grateful for their generosity.

I do agree that the music was loud and repetitive. However, we did not let that detract from the other benefits of the hotel. Also, there is tons of nightlife in downtown, just 5 minutes away from the hotel (Zoo and Squid Row were the most fun).

Overall, the hotel is gorgeous and the view is breathtaking. I would come back in a heartbeat."

• Travel date: Thu 26th of April 2007

Watch The Rip Off!!

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"Let me start by saying the hotel is beautiful. I found it to be clean
as well. I am 49, male-and had a great time at Melia Cabo but I was with 20 other pals for a bachelor party!

If you are looking for a quiet resort this is not the place for you.
The DJ starts in the early afternoon at the pool and the music(progressive/techno) keeps going thru the wee hours. I think the hotel is catering to the younger crowd, or at least those that want to party all night. My only complaint was that even after reading all the "keep your receipts" blogs on this site, I was over charged $400(US) after checkout. The checkout clerk advised us(in broken English)
..."Our computers our down now so we can't print final receipts yet

When checking in we had requested two beds in our rooms and to be all in one area. The man checking us in told us we had to have a one king bed and they are completely booked. He stated that we were overlooking the garden. The big deal was the two beds we needed. He then asked us what we could do for him, if we could help him out he would then help us out. My feeling is that we are helping him out by staying in their hotel!

Pay with cash I had a number of extra beers and drinks and unable to get them to take the cost off!"

• Travel date: Tue 24th of April 2007

Best bachelor party ever!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"If you are in your late 30's or earlier and like to party this hotel is the place for you. I was just there with 10 of my friends for my bachelor party and I can't imagine it being any better. The pool area is where we spent much of our time, you can rent cabana's for the whole day and get served anything you want pretty much anytime you want.
I don't know what these people are talking about with the bumping music, #1 it wasn't even that loud and #2 you could shut your patio door if you didn't want to hear it. Personally I thought it added a lot to the atomosphere.
The rooms were always cleaned when we came back and the service was very good.
I can't wait to go back again in the future."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of April 2007

Beware!

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Please read a dozen or so reviews before booking at this hotel.

I went to Cabo with a group of 11 guys for a bachelor party. Our group varied in age from 26 to 45. We selected the hotel based on its known party environment. I have been traveling to Mexico one or two times a year for over ten years. This is the worst hotel staff I have encountered.

Here is my candid take:

• The location is fantastic and the facility is well maintained but....

• It is difficult to enjoy yourself when you feel like you are getting scammed every time you turn around.

• The wait staff regularly overcharges and gets hostile when questioned.

• The staff is egregious in their efforts to solicit tips.

• Beverage and food prices are high.

• The music was constant, very loud and repetitive.

A couple of examples:

When checking in we inquired if our room had an ocean view and were told that the room we reserved had a garden view. (We later discovered that there are no garden views at this hotel.) We asked if it was possible to upgrade to an ocean view room to which the front desk person asked “what will do for me”. $10 later we had the same ocean view room I’m sure we’d have had without any mention of an upgrade.

Nearly every time we received a bill there were items on the bill that we had not ordered.

Final take:
The party is great. The prices are high. The service is fair but unscrupulous. The rooms are nice. The pool is excellent. The location and views are fantastic. The music is bad."

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of April 2007

Not Relaxing!!!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Rather than me write everything again, I will just copy and paste the email which I wrote the ME Sales Manager prior to my group coming in for a meeting last week. My email was prompted by reading all the horbile experiences I read about both on trip advisor and Yahoo....So here it is. Please note that her first response was to explain the complaints of obnoxiously loud techno music being blasted all day and all night to the point of where most people were driven crazy..........

"I would like to introduce myself as the Sales Manager for the hotel. Your email in reference to your research through Trip advisor and yahoo internet sites, has been brought to my attention and I would like to give an answer to your concerns.

We do have a music program according to midweek and weekend days and taking in consideration the hotel occupancy.
Midweek days (Sunday through Wednesday) are very quiet, music use to be lounge style. On weekend days (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) we have the following schedule:

Up to 1:00 pm, lounge music

From 1:00 pm to 5:30 pm we have latin and comercial house music in the pool area combining this with cuban musicians or gogo dancers or jugglers. We also open the Passion Club on weekends starting at 9:00 pm

In regards to the "service charge", most of the hotels in the area, use to charge a 10% service charge which is distributed between the hotel employees not including those who work in the F&B department. We do not hide this charge, it is in all the marketing materials in which we display the room rates, our webpage mentions this and we hope our travel partners also sell the resort in proper way by giving this information to the clients. For travelers who use to visit Los Cabos frecuently, this "service charge" is something which is expected.

Cruise ships passengers are welcome on specific days of the week for a time frame (2-3 hours) having a reserved area on the beach. Hotel guests and VIP´s are our priority and the pool area is reserved for them, however they can also use the beach area since cruise ship passengers only have a limited space and are 20 to 30 people group size as maximum.

In addition to the above, and with the intention of feeling our clients vibe, we have created a new position called "Experience Managers" who interact with our clients, explain the hotel´s new concept, give follow up to every request and try to solve any issues in the best way.

Mr. X, I appreciate you gave us the opportunity to present an explanation to all these issues, I remain at your disposal for any other question you may have.

My regards,
Claudia Citlali Bravo
Gerente de Ventas / Sales Manager
ME by Melia Cabo
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here are my remarks after last weeks trip:

The music – As I feared, I have to say that the music at the pool was obnoxiously loud and unpopular with our entire group, which is consistent to what I read in other guest’s reviews prior to my arrival. As I mentioned to the sales manager in my original e-mail, I stay at the Hard Rock Hotel all the time in Las Vegas, so I am accustomed to DJ’s by the pool playing popular “dance club” music, but the predominately techno played at your pool was made even worse with your DJ consistently messing with the volume slider, mistakenly thinking he was being cool. In his defense, there were a few people out there dancing, but I think it was more because they would dance to anything just to dance.

The loud obnoxious music continued – Luckily, because I read previous reviews, I requested a room as far away from the Passion Lounge as possible, but still had a hard time falling asleep at night because the music was so loud and went on until 4am. I seriously felt sorry for anyone who’s room was directly above or anywhere near Passion Lounge. Not only did people within my own group complain about it, but I personally witnessed at least 2 different people desperately trying to change the location of their room because of Passion Lounge.

Conclusion and tips: Look, if you are looking to let loose A LOT, listen to A LOT of BAD music, party A LOT, not sleep A LOT and spend A LOT of money, then congratulations, the ME is the hotel for you.

One tip I will agree with from other travelers is to pay cash for everything. The language barrier lends itself to the practice of overcharging on credit cards.

The positives...Maid staff was great and our server out at the pool was always there to make sure we had fresh drinks. Hotel and my room was also very clean. But these are things you should expect from any hotel. Stay at the Bonito Rose if you want a cool hotel with a cool pool that's close to all the action.

Good luck..."

• Travel date: Mon 9th of April 2007

Fun Fun Fun!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"If you are looking for a fun vacation, this is the place to go!

This is one hotel that we keep coming back to. Rooms are always clean, staff is pleasant, food and drinks are great. We've had a small situation during one visit where we were not placed in an ocean-front room as requested, but it was quickly remedied.

This is not the hotel you want to stay at if you are looking to "get away from it all" for some rest and relaxation. But, if you are traveling with a group of fun-seekers, this hotel will perfectly suit your needs.

The pool is fantastic. There are loungers in the water, and very nice cabanas to lounge upon. The pool bar area is quite lively. The bartenders and waiters are very accommodating. Do not miss out on the shrimp quesadillas and the guacamole as they are delicious!

The beach is nice and it provides a great view of the arch. We like to walk the beach to The Office for lunch a few times each time we stay at the Melia. The Office always prepares the best Ceasar Salad with grilled fish, table-side, for your dining-pleasure right on the beach. It doesn't get any better, really...

There are also plenty of watersports on the beach.

This resort is closeby the downtown area for lots of shopping, dining, and nightlife. The options are limitless. Shopping ranges from high-end retailers to market finds. Dining includes fine cuisine to great little local joints. As for the nightlife, make sure to go to El Squid Row and Cabo Wabo for a bit of fun."

• Travel date: Wed 4th of April 2007

Read This Review First

Reviewed Sun 23rd of December 2012

"Let me start by saying the hotel is beautiful. I found it to be clean
as well. I am 39, male-and had a great time at Melia Cabo but I was with 20 other pals for a bachelor party!

If you are looking for a quiet resort this is not the place for you.
..."Our computers our down now so we can't print final receipts yet
...we will mail them to you". Seems to be a re-curring problem..but what can you do. The language barrier makes for an easier scam because one cannot spend all day quabbling over each receipt. The only quiet hours I found were when the partyers were asleep (from 3am-until noon). Pay cash as much as possible, even for room so they cannot run any extra on card!!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of April 2007