Good

Great Location and Good Service!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Marina Fiesta was close to all the popular attractions in Cabo. The marina was a few steps away to the glass bottom boat tours, sunset cruise boat, snorkeling tour boats, restaurants and clubs. The pool was nice and the staff was excellent. One drawback was the $5 charge per day for service, not to mention that they tried to overcharge us $8 instead of $5. Definitely check out Cabo Pulmo, it was clean, isolated, and had great snorkeling (we swam with a school of 3' fish)!"

• Travel date: 30th May 2004

Walk to the clubs!

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"By far the best hotel. Anotnio down by the pool makes a pina colada to die for. Raul the guest attendent is friendly and very helpful for everything. This hotel is walking distance from some of the hottest clubs and night life."

• Travel date: 18th May 2004

Won't stay anywhere else

Reviewed 20th December 2012

"Went to Cabo in February for the 2nd time & again stayed @ Marina Fiesta. You can't get a better location. Everything is within walking distance & the night life is great. My husband & I both had a Swedish Massage @ the Spa and it was so relaxing! The pool atmosphere is fantastic & lunch poolside is great (try the chicken sandwich!) We had no problems at check-in BUT make sure you take your confirmation letter with you - it will speed up the process. I highly recommend Marina Fiesta!!"

• Travel date: 10th March 2004

great location

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"We just got back (2/16/04) from the Marina. It was our first time in Cabo and we were very pleased. The location is key.. you can walk pretty much everywhere. Our room was on the first floor and opened up to the pool. This was great because it allowed us to go back and forth as needed without walking all around. The food was very good at the hotel. We especially enjoyed lunch at the pool! (Try the BLT salad!) If you have a couple of hours in the morning to kill..do the time share tour..If you are a good negotiator you can get many of your activities for free. We got our sunset whale watching trip for free along with discounts at the spa and local restaurants. Definately do the sunset cruise on the Princessa! The only down point was when checking out they had double billed our spa visits and it took a half an hour to get it resolved. Make sure they have receipts for all your room charges. I would recommend this hotel with without reservations! (but make sure you have one!) The staff and the guests were all very friendly. Enjoy your stay!"

• Travel date: 19th February 2004

This is a GREAT Resort!

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"My wife and I have been to Cabo many times now and always have loved the Marina Fiest Resort and Spa. It is Clean, Intimate, and very deserving of its 4 star rating. NEVER have we encountered problems and in fact decided last year to buy a time share in the resort because we enjoy it so much. We have seen the other hotels/resorts and have stayed in other nice places in Cabo (Cascadas de Baja and Finisterra-BOTH gorgeous properties) but the location and ambiance of the Marina Fiesta cannot be beat. It is safe and comfortable and not TOO big and we can walk EVERYWHERE if we choose. It was sad to read negative reports from the last 2 reviewers knowing what a superb resort the Marina Fiesta is...If in Cabo...Don't overlook this Property."

• Travel date: 16th January 2004

Never Again

Reviewed 18th December 2012

"Like the reviewer before me, I booked a "luxury suite" five months before my visit between December 26, 2003 and January 4, 2004. I planned to celebrate my 50th birthday there on December 28. When I arrived, I was told there were no luxury suites available and my friend I were shunted into a standard room said to contain a king size bed (which turned out to be a double) and pull-out couch (which had no sheets or pillows). The front desk promised to put us into a luxury suite the next day and give us a discount for the first night. They then refused to do so, although we argued until they relented. Frankly, the luxury suite wasn't much of an improvement. While it was larger and had decent beds and a bigger kitchen area, the rooms were anything but sound proof. Since the doors tended to stick, everyone was forced to slam their doors. In any event, the maid never got around to cleaning our room until 4 or 5 :00 in the afternoon so naps were out of the question. The activities desk turned out to be two women selling timeshares and giving discounts on activities only if you agreed to listen to the presentation. There was rarely a place to sit at the pool because of guests who placed towels on the chairs to reserve them first thing in the morning and then left for the day. There was said to be two pools and another guest swore she saw the second one, but I never did. In any event, she said it was practically deserted because it got little to no sun. In short, it was a huge disappointment and I am writing this after I've had nine days to cool off."

• Travel date: 14th January 2004

Hotel Overbooked

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"I booked this hotel 5 months in advance. When I arrived, I was rudely told the hotel was overbooked and they put me in a two-star hotel with only a $60 credit for food/beverages when the difference in room prices was well over $75 per night. They were negligent in not letting me know before I arrived that they were overbooked so that I could select another property of my choosing. I only book 4-star hotels and I fly first class. To be treated this rudely and inconsiderately was totally uncalled for. I will never stay there or recommend this property to anyone."

• Travel date: 31st December 2003

It was almost excellent..

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"I have stayed here two seperate times. The first time was excellent, everything was perfect. The next time though, they claimed they had our reservation for the following week. I had to call friend to fax my confirmation to me. 4 of us had to share one room. It turned out later that they had just overbooked. We were lucky, people before and after us were told there reservations were wrong too, but they didn't get a room. I have no idea how they overbooked so badly. But once that mess was taken care off we had a really good time again. I will never leave without my confirmation slip ever again though."

• Travel date: 8th October 2003

Won't Stay Anywhere Else!

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"My wife and I went to Cabo a year ago, stayed in the Corridor and knew we'd be back. Well we went again about a month ago except this time we stayed in town at the wonderful Marina Fiesta. Let me tell you that I was pumped about this trip and the Marina Fiesta did not let me down. The service was exceptional and the rooms were clean. If you are going on RCI, do not plan on having a view of the marina. The RCI rooms are in the back building and have a view of the back pool, dirt lots and a street, but I mean how often are you in the room anyway? And it's not as bad as it sounds. Most afternoons were spent at the swim-up bar with our vacation friends from New York and L.A. while Marco would serve up the best Margarita's and beef tacos. They also have a pool table right by the pool! Some days we'd grab a beer for the five minute walk to the beach where we'd lounge at the Mango Deck all day drinking and watching/participating in the various contests. Back to the resort though...we did the timeshare presentation to receive our discounts on activities. The salesman are not pushy and are just trying to make a living. Although it took a few hours it wasn't that bad. At Marina Fiesta, you are close to everything! I think the only time we took a cab was to go horseback riding. I recommend The Nowhere bar on ladies night and El Squid Roe every night after 11pm. Oh and Alexanders is a great restaurant right on the marina. If you want to be close to the action and stay in a nice place then the Marina Fiesta is the only place to stay. If you want peace and quiet and are not really into the nightlife scene then I recommend staying in the Corridor where there are a variety of nice, secluded places to choose from."

• Travel date: 30th September 2003

A visit from Hurricane Marty

Reviewed 10th December 2012

"We arrived at the hotel and the weather was great, we immediately got the pitch for the time share and were promised great discounts on restaurants and fishing boats, etc. After touring some of the area on our own we found we could just as well booking a boat on our own. The fishing was fun and the restaurant on the premises stored and cooked our catch for us. The next day we were hit by hurricane Marty. I will have to give the resort poor marks for the performance after the hurricane. We were given little to no information on preparing for the storm. We had no power for two days after the storm, very little food service, etc. Despite all these the hotel felt we should still be paying full price for everything, even though we were being hugely inconvienced. Some of the guest that were stranded because of the airport closure were asked to pay full price for their rooms since they had to stay an extra day or two. Full price for no electricity,no maid service, no pool, poor food, overflowing sewers, no phones etc!! They charged us $8.00 for a thrown together breakfast the next morning. Not the first class service they offer when they think you might buy a timeshare. It was also surprising to me how the staff shifted back into high gear once the airport was back in service and fresh visitors began arriving. That's the only day we saw the General Manager of the hotel. After talking to other visitors to Cabo I found our experience was similar to others in the area, so I don't think this type of service was isolated to this chain. Just be wary when you go....they are more interested in keeping your money comfortable than the are in you."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2003