Pool

• infinity pool
  • golf course

Tourist Trap

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"Being Hilton Diamond Members thought staying with a Hilton in Mexico would be a safe bet. Air conditioning broken, overpriced food, rude staff, etc. Hotel told they had a business center and our cell phones would work in that area. Business center closed, cells don t work. To check our email, call our business, we had to use hotel room phone. When we inquired the staff lied about the cost of incidentals like the phone, minibar etc. and no prices are posted anywhere. At check out the bill is a big surprise. No itemization, you have no idea what charges are for. The hotel will not let you check out until you sign off on the bill. The manager refused to come of of the office to discuss the bill. When we got back we wrote a letter, they never responded. Hilton should be ashamed to put their name on this property."

• Travel date: 10th January 2004

overrated

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"OK. The place is gorgeous and the access to the beach wonderful. The views of the ocean are magnificent and it's a perfect Cabo San Lucas stay: if all you do is want to soak in the sun. But the food is wretched. Neither of the restaurants, especially the much vaunted fine dining restaurant, was worth anywhere near the price, and the room service was absolutely the worst I have ever experienced anywhere. Everything here is terribly overpriced. With the wide range of accommodation stays available in Cabo, I'd say stay away from this place: that is, unless you're willing to bring your own box lunch."

• Travel date: 8th January 2004

Excellent

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"We just came back from Hilton Los cabos. The hoel is simply wonderful. They treated us very nice. Book hotel with breakfest buffet. We have two kids and they only charged them for half price. Hotel has buses to downtown shopping area. Don't forget take water taxi to the Arches; you will see a lot of fish and wild lives. The airport shuttle charges $12 per person to the hotel. The hotel charges $7.50 for margarita. It's a ltttle bit expensive. But overall, the hotel is very very nice."

• Travel date: 27th December 2003

Excellent hotel

Reviewed 30th November 2012

"We stayed at the Hilton for almost three weeks in August. It was awesome! The hotel was beautiful, from the lobby, to the pools, to the rooms (much more spacious than regular hotel rooms ... more like suites). The management was extremely accommodating, and everyone working at the hotel was very courteous and helpful. The kids' club was a lot of fun, and Imelda was great with the kids. The food was very good, and the prices were what you'd expect at a nice resort (a bit high). While we were there we visited the Ventanas and the Marquis, on either side of the Hilton, and we were happy we had chosen the Hilton! I disagree completely with the comments made by the person from Chicago ... nothing is seedy around the area ... San Jose del Cabo is a quaint little town with great restaurants and little shops. Cabo San Lucas is very touristy and loud ... more like a party town for spring break. We were very glad we stayed outside of town, along the corridor. You can drive into town very easily, or take the hotel shuttle into CSL, or the bus into SJDC, if you want crowds or noise, but it's surely nice to go back to a quiet resort to relax (the pool was quiet while we were there, AND there was music piped in ...)"

• Travel date: 1st December 2003

Not as good as ratings suggest

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"I was a little disappointed by this Hilton. Reviews of the hotel range from exceptional to very, very, good. I do not agree with those reviews. To begin, the lobby is very blah. There is a large circular water area that looks like it should be a fountain but is in fact, just water. Our room was minimialist. The bathroom was nice but the main area was very basic and decorating was surprisingly ugly. The bed was extremely uncomforable. The pool area was nice but there was not music playing and the hotel seemed "dead". Maybe a guitarist or some music piped in would have liviend it up a bit. The beach is beautiful but impossibly to walk on due to the high content of pebbles. No one was at the beach. It was also extremely trecherous, I can't believe that some literature describes this as a swimmable beach. What are the others like?? We also had tons of bug bites on us. We are not sure if they were from the bed or outside by the pool, but they were bothersome and unsightly. There were lots of knats by the pool area and I'm not sure if it is seasonal or always there. This hotel is also a little far from the downtown area, we became tired of driving all the time whenever we went out. Next time I'd stay at a resort in the Corridor but closer to the downtown area. I would not stay in the downtown area as these hotels had less of a resort feel to them. Los Cabos seemed a little seedy to me and I would not stay there either. THere are 3 main parts to this area, Los Cabos, the Corridor and Cabo San Lucas. The Corridor has the nicest hotels and San Lucas is the place for restaurants and nightlife. Los Cabos is more authentic but less nice. Also, some restaurant advice, restaurant at Esparenza was one of the nicest places I've ever been. The food was above average but not outstanding but worth the trip for the setting. Go before the sun goes down to totally enjoy the view. Next Edith's was excellent, another great setting that is deceiving from the outside but very romantic on the inside. Another unassuming place was an Italian one, La Trattoria which is right in the downtown area and had very good food. One of the more overrated places we went was Mi Casa(there are several--this was the Mexican themed in Cabo San Lucas). This was recommended by a few people and was definately below average. Lastly, beware of the thousands of people hawking timeshares. Even the car rental people are in on it and the hotels bug you. Avoid the temptation, we were tempted by the free offers and regretted wasting our precious vacation time listening to their hard sell."

• Travel date: 19th November 2003

You won't be Disappointed!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"My husband and I stayed at the Hilton in early October and we couldn't have asked for anything more! The hotel was amazing...from the breathtaking views to the exceptional service (thank you Paul!), we had no complaints. We stayed in a junior suite, and the room and bathroom were a great size, and the balcony was perfect. I think we fell asleep our there every night, just listening to the crashing waves. All of the hotel restaurants were great, a little pricey, but we went in expecting that. We were surprised that it was so empty when we were there, but I guess that was due to it being low-season. We never had problems with finding chairs at the pool or the beach. For Cabo in general...Don't miss the ATV or snorkeling tours. Margaritavillas had excellent food, and Squid Roe and Cabo Wabo were great places to party. Be leery of the policia if you rent a car, as we were stopped for not yielding to pedestrians, which was not the case at all. After much arguing, they finally let us go only to pull the next car over. I would rent a car again without hesitation, but it is something to be aware of."

• Travel date: 13th November 2003

Hilton was wonderful...Cabo is expensive, not like the old Mexico

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"My new husband and I had our honeymoon here for a week (9/2-9/9/03) and absolutely loved it!!! We especially liked the fact that we were able to get discount rates via Priceline....I suppose that was due to "off season." $100 night is a bargain for a 5 star hotel like this! We were treated with respect, courtesy and smiles at all times during our stay. Most other guests (from around the world) were quite friendly, especially during the tww different happy hours offered (one at a swim up sushi bar). We had no problem with poolside seating, but again it was "off season." Very few children, so it was very quiet and relaxing. We agreed that we wouldn't return w/our girls (11 and 13yrs) because its just not a kids atmosphere. There was an Audi convention on the weekend, but it didn't deter from service or hospitality too much. The rooms were incredible....clean, spacious, beautiful views, no thin walls here, marble floors and bathrooms, fresh towels and linens w/turndown each evening (including chocolates)......WOW!!! Our only problem was a water pressure issue which we had to call 3 times before they finally responded. The breakfast at Hacienda is truly delicious and Fenicia dinner is nice also. Prices are what one should expect for staying at a resort--high, but not overly inflated for what you're getting. Buy bottled water in town, even though the hotel's is filtered. We had a blast there!!! My biggest overall complaint is how expensive Cabo has become over the past few years. We expected it to be inexpensive as Mexico has always been (due to the ever declining peso). HOWEVER, this entire area (including San Jose) is now a MAJOR tourist trap....so beware bring money--or go to Hawaii for the same prices!!! It's a beautiful place no doubt, but there are no bargains to be had ANYWHERE! Even the vendors are high---one wanted $20 (this was her bottom price) for a pair of rubber thongs--whoa! Oh, and don't forget to bring t-shoes for ATV riding. Rent a car....MUCH cheaper in the long run!!! We were thrilled that we did this...especially after we calculated what all our driving would have cost us. And, you can drive to Todos Santos (day trips only advised) just 1 1/2 hrs away to see Hotel California (from the Eagles song). Don't bother with the $45 pp snorkeling trips.....just drive to Chileno yourself (out on the corridor)....it's a free public beach (but we tipped the sec guard $1.50 per day). Snorkel close to the rocks and you'll be amazed at all the beautiful fish!!! Don't forget to go to The Office restaurant (dining on the beach) and to Brasil steakhouse.....food is amazing there!!! We also heard that Peacock's, as well as Dolce, were really good restaurants, but never had a chance to eat there..... Lastly, go to Tutto Bene...its a little wine food shop in Cabo, just like being in a California wine store and water is only 90 cents per large bottle (some place charge $3.00!). Happy Vacationing!!!!"

• Travel date: 23rd September 2003

Great alternative to Ventanas

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Times are tough and we needed to get away but $10,000 weekend trips to ventanas are a million financial light years and stock losses away. A friend suggested we check out the new Hilton and we said, Hilton, not us, maybe a westin if we are slumming it but we vacation at the 4 seasons or the ritz thank you! Albeit the funds were not available and we decided to give it a try.Wow, this is not my father's Hilton.We checked in after being met in the airport by a private car arranged by the hotel concierge through email before we left. For $85 we were able to avoid the obnoxious taxi mark up guys who sell a $30 cab ride for $65 or get packed like sardines in a shuttle for $24.The hotel's open air lobby is great and orlando checked us in and gave us a great room right on the beach (room 1032 ask for it it is great) and served us up a margarita while doing the credit card thing.The comments on tripadvisor about seats at the pool were not really accurate, we did put towels out early but there was pleanty of room and the negative edge pool and swim up bar were awesome. The mattressed wooden lounge chairs were way above hilton quality and while not as cool as ventanas' love chairs, certainly as good as many ritz and 4 seasons resorts. Drink service at the pool was efficient and prices are what you should expect at a resort like this ($6 beers, $10 drinks).The restaurants were good, not great but dont miss the places to eat in San Jose, Mi Cocina especially. Golf at El Dorado (hotel has shuttle) is awesome, Cabo Real is also next door and has great mountain and ocean golf. We went on a snorkling trip organized by the concierge that was fun.The best part of the hotel is the beach, It is HUGE and you can actually swim there unlike most cabo resorts. The beach vendors were innocent enoough and took just a shake of the head to turn away.All in all for $135 a night in August versus $600 a night next door at Ventanas I can not see why we would not stay at this Hilton. But please dont tell too many other folks about it, it is too good to be true."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2003

What a pleasant surprise!!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"After many long nights spent researching Los Cabos resorts on the internet, I finally took the plunge and booked a 4-night stay at the Hilton Los Cabos and crossed my fingers. I couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised! We had already read on-line about the "free shuttles" at the airport (a come-on for timeshare sales) and were able to pay $11 for a shuttle for 2 people to the Hilton -- not bad, considering a cab ride would have been more than twice that price. Upon arrival at the Hilton, we were greeted by the bellman who brought us each a complimentary cold margarita while we got checked in. Check-in took less than 5 minutes and while we waited, we marveled at the spectacular view of the ocean from the open-air lobby. Our room was on the ground floor, overlooking one of the hotel's 2 heated infinity pools and had a magnificent view of the Sea of Cortez. EVERYTHING at this resort looks new and well-cared for. The bathroom was fabulous, with a deep soaking tub (complete with ocean view!) and a separate, marble shower. Terry robes and slippers are provided, along with a hairdryer and a built-in magnified mirror. Other room amenities included in-room movies (about $13 each), a mini-bar (bottled water for $4.50 -- best to bring your own), and a private patio or balcony, complete with luxurious padded chaise lounges (so comfortable we fell asleep on them one night). We had read all the horror stories about the scarcity of seating by the pool, but this was not the case during our visit. On most days, we had the pool virtually to ourselves. We went for a romantic late-night swim on a couple of nights. Most resorts close their pools at night; not the case at the Hilton -- a BIG plus, in my opinion. Both of the infinity pools offer a sweeping view of the ocean and at night the sound of the crashing waves just yards below is completely mesmerizing! Both pools offer a swim-up bar and sushi; however, the service closes at 5 pm., which is much too early. The beach below the resort is the nicest one we saw in the area -- flat, not too rocky and in a cove of sorts. A couple of dozen loungers, complete with palapas and towels are provided by the hotel and a water sports rental hut offers jet ski/water kayak rentals on-site. Of course, the beach also comes complete with the requisite vendors hawking their "treasures", but they are all very nice and much fewer in number than on the beach in Cabo itself. Just a few yards away on the beach is a delightful place for lunch or dinner, La Concha. You can sit on the sand and have drinks and meals served to you as you work on your tan. There were a few things we encountered which prevent us from awarding 5 stars to the Hilton. A property of this size should have more than one jacuzzi; also, the jets in the jacuzzi were broken during the length of our stay. Transportation costs are outrageously expensive, so visitors anywhere along the corridor should rent a car-- it will be much cheaper than cab fare. The Hilton DOES have a shuttle but ONLY for TIMESHARE guests!! We took the bus into town on several occasions, but sadly, it stops service between 9-9:30 on most nights -- much too early if you want to spend a nice evening in town. We didn't realize that part of the Hilton is also a timeshare, but we quickly realized that when we were offered a "welcome" package by the front desk. We didn't pick it up upon check-in and I had completely forgotten about it. The next morning, we were rudely awakened with an early morning phone call to remind us that our "welcome" package was still awaiting us. I guess the tone of my voice on the phone was all it took for the caller to realize that she better not call me about it again. Even when we were checking out at the end of our stay, the lady at the information desk was curious to know why we hadn't picked up our package. I let her know that I was there as a paying guest and didn't want to spend my precious vacation time sitting through a sales presentation. I was polite but firm. She just smiled. Last but not least, the room service prices and food portions were a huge rip-off. I ordered a caesar salad($11) with a side order of fries. My boyfriend ordered Mexican skirt steak, which was supposed to come with a herbed potato dish, and guacamole. What we got was a small piece of meat, a half-order of fries and 4 small lettuce leaves standing upright inside a tortilla napkin ring. Oh yeah, and a bill for $53!! We called to complain and they brought us another order of fries and another salad immediately, along with an apology and a phone call from the manager. They also delivered a fruit basket to our room the next day, along with a note of apology. I noticed upon check-out that they had deduced $10 from the room service bill. The service was gracious and swift and the hospitality was all one could hope for. Would I stay there again? In a heartbeat!!"

• Travel date: 8th August 2003

One of the best resorts in the world by far!

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"My husband and I just returned from a 4 day vacation at the Los Cabos Hilton Beach & Golf Resort (Casa Dorada) two days ago and I am so eager to tell everyone how wonderful this resort and our vacation was. This is one of the most phenomenal resorts I have ever been to. The service was superb, the views breathtaking, the food fantastic and very generous, especially the morning buffet breakfast at La Hacienda, EXCELLENT! We cannot wait to go back to Los Cabos Hilton with our kids. This time was just me and my hubby, next time will be a family vacation for sure. The pools are beautiful, the main pool has the most amaing view at night, of the entire hotel lit up with lights. The open corridors throughout give this resort a grand appearance. I would recommend this resort to anyone seeking phenomenal service, exquisite beauty and breathtaking views......"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2003

Hotels near Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort

Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort is also called

• Hilton Beach & Golf Resort Hotel
  • hilton los cabos
  • hilton san jose del cabo