Back View of the Hotel

• baggage storage
  • breakfast in the room
  • car hire
  • bottled water
  • express check in check out
  • fax photocopying
  • solarium
  • water park off site

Great Little Hotel with a great price

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"Reserving a room via the web at Vista Del Mar was super easy. We only stayed one night because we came in one day earlier than the rest of our group. We arrived a few hours earlier than the scheduled check-in time, but they were happy to give us a room. The A/C was cranked down as low as it could go when we got in and it was much appreciated after hauling our luggage around in the 100 degree weather. You can't beat the location of the hotel, spectacular views of the harbor. It is located right along the downtown strip and is within walking distance of everything - even carlos and charlies (Senor Frog's seemed to be the place to be though). We had a jacuzzi view room and it was neat to watch the people in the market below. It was somewhat loud during the day (who cares, you should be at the beach anyway) but it calmed down at night after the cruise ship crowds left. The staff was awesome and always made sure we had what we needed. We asked them for advice on places to eat and they always had good suggestions. We dined at Pancho's Backyard for our anniversary and it was great, a little pricey though. Do a google search for Pancho's Backyard and get a coupon good for one free margarita per person. You'll have to dig for it! Overall, if you're on a budget, this is the place for you. Awesome hotel for such a low price. While exploring the island, I walked through a beachfront hotel/condo under construction near "Reef Club" and it said "Vista Del Mar" on the side. I'm wondering if they are branching out???"

• Travel date: 13th June 2005

Loved Vista Del Mar

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"We loved staying at the Vista Del Mar during May 24-May 28th, 2005. The room overlooking the water was lovely with its own balcony and hamock chair to sit back and relax while having breakfast served to us every morning. The room was large and for the price was well appointed. The only complaint we had was the large jacuzzi took hours to warm up and the jets were not working. Oh well, it still felt refreshing to take a dip after a full day of being in the sun snorkeling. We also loved Aqua Safari and their wonderful crew for taking such good are of us on our dive/snorkel excursion. Casa Denis has awesome Mexican food and Michocan has the best ice cream on the island. Mission Restaurante has the most delicious chips and guacamole-the island's chips are far better than in the states. Being close to downtown has its perks because you are in the midst of all the action and there are so many shops, and things to do just a few steps from the hotel. I would definately recommend this hotel!"

• Travel date: 29th May 2005

Slightly overrated

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I found this hotel to be overrated. My husband and I reserved our room for 4 nights in March, based on the positive reviews here. We arrived to the hotel around 1pm and although our room wasn't ready, we were able to change and store our bags. We returned, were given our key and were advised of an upgrade to Oceanview room. We were asked if we would like breakfast in the morning, so I asked if I could get a wake-up call at 7am as I was meeting people in Playa del Carmen the next morning. I was assured that we would. The next morning, we woke on our own, thankfully on time to catch the ferry to Playa. We never received a call or breakfast. There was no one manning the desk that morning as we were leaving. We were gone the majority of the day and had little contact with the staff. The following morning, I went downstairs to request our breakfast, which was brought promply. Very good, fresh pastries, and coffee. Tried to go and sit by the pool, but only 2 places to sit. Opted to try next day. The next morning, no breakfast was brought, so we went downstairs to ask for it only to be told that we already had ours!? When we questioned this, they agreed to bring it. This days pastries seemed to be a day (or 2) old and not nearly as good. Again tried to sit outdoors by the pool, but the only 2 chairs were being used. I inquired if they had any other they could bring, which they did. We found the water pressure and temp to be quite satisfying, only thing was that bathroom reeked of cigarette smoke if you didn't keep the door open to air it out. Quite odd -- and we don't smoke. The view from our room was awesome and we would sit on our balcony and watch the pelicans "fish" in the morning, or the cruise ships dock as we were enjoying our breakfast. It just seemed to be the little things that partially detracted from the hotel. Lack of service or attention to guest requests, burnt our light bulb, smelly bathroom, and the garbage truck that clammored down the street at 6am!"

• Travel date: 12th May 2005

Not-so-great experience

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I guess we must have had the only not-so-great experience at the Vista del Mar. . . We came in around one pm last Thursday afternoon, and got a oceanview room on the second floor – we noted, right off, a problem with the toilet. We didn’t put paper in, as the sign on the back requested, but there was hardly any pressure. It was me and my husband, we decided we could live with it, the rest of the place seemed fine. Friday morning, when I went into take a shower, there was no water pressure at all- we’ve stayed at places with poor pressure, like Villablanca- but I’m talking no pressure. A teeny stream appeared at the bottom of the showerhead with both knobs on to maximum. Finally my husband went and told the gentleman at the desk in the morning, who said he would have it serviced and let us use the bathroom in the office (not as clean, not warm, but at least you could clean up). We went out for the morning, and I came back and used the bathroom in the room and went to see friends upstairs. About 30 minutes later, I stopped in to grab something, and the floor was totally flooded. In the bathroom, the toilet was leaking water out from the back part like crazy. I went out to the desk and asked the same man to come in, and he shut off the water, then explained that all the other rooms on the floor had perfect pressure and it was so sad we had problems with ours- there were going to have to be major repairs, and parts would need to be ordered. Then he told me he’d have the maid come in right away and start cleaning up for me (now, this wasn’t a little bit of water- the floor, the area rug in the main room was saturated- it ran from the fridge to under the bed over towards the balcony- all in 30 minutes. When I went downstairs, I even noted it was dripping from overhead into the shopping area below) but. . . he never offered us another room! My husband had gone diving, and finally I told him that I thought we'd really need a different room. I was very nice about it, but he gave me this pained look and said he didn’t know. He was over at the computer for awhile, looking very concerned, then finally came back with another key for a room on the fourth floor, and made a big deal about saying he’d help me move our stuff upstairs. So, I took the key, started picking things up, and passed him- over and over, as he sat laughing on the phone. He must’ve went out and picked it up as soon as he told me he’d help me. So, I packed up everything in the room, slipping and sloshing, and moved it up the two flights, passing him a dozen times (we had gone to the supermarket the night before after unpacking, had filled the fridge with cerveza, wine, limes, etc.- it was such a pain), and each time, he looked away and kept talking, laughing- and ignoring that he said he’d help me. Not a big deal, and yes, it was just that one person, the gentleman at the desk in the morning. The two ladies working at the desk later hours were lovely, the housekeepers were wonderful and let me practice my Spanish with lots of praise, and we had no other problems at all (save for an intermittent lack of warm water), in the fourth floor room. That morning guy also got a couple upstairs upset, they had asked for their breakfast at 7:30 AM the night before (specifically so they could get up for a dive) and he never brought it- they called him when they woke up at eight and he said “oh, are you ready?” and brought it up without a word about missing their earlier request. I don’t know if I’d go back. I did wander over to the Casa Mexicana, and Alfredo the manager there showed me a room and the pool/bar and breakfast area and I think, next time, even for a few dollars more I’d rather stay there."

• Travel date: 20th April 2005

Great location, lovely service...

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"We stayed at the Vista del Mar for one night, Feb. 19-20, and during our brief visit, the hotel was full. We were moved to a courtyard view, from the oceanview room we had previously reserved online. The room was large, with a few missing light fixtures, rather hard bed, and a "slow-to-warm" shower. No worries though, the friendly, generous manager (Judith) made up for any inconvenience. Judith offered tips on where to eat (both of which turned out to be great choices!), provided a hair dryer, and even stowed our bags until the afternoon of the 20th. We had a lovely visit and thought the hotel a good value, at a great location in the heart of downtown Cozumel."

• Travel date: 22nd March 2005

Nice Hotel

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Stayed Dec. 16-23, 2004. We thought this was a nice hotel, nothing fancy, just a basic quaint hotel. We weren't expecting luxury accomodations. Staff was very nice. Rooms were a nice size. Had a mini fridge, tv, phone, safe and a/c. We didn't find the bed too hard. No bathtub but a very large shower. The only complaint we had was that a couple times we didn't have any hot water. Breakfast was brought to the room every morning at whatever time you wanted. Coffee, juice, muffins, etc. There are no ice machines but ice could be bought next door. Bottled water was left everday. Maid service every day, plenty of towels, sheets were clean. Great spot to people watch on the large balcony, have a view of the ocean and be right in the middle of everything. For the price we were very satisfied and would stay again."

• Travel date: 19th January 2005

Perfect Little Hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We spent 4 nights during the Thanksgiving holidays at the Vista del Mar and loved the place! Our room had a great view of the water and the patio was excellent for people watching. The room was exceptionally clean and decorated very nicely. The staff (Julio and Rodolpho) were very kind and accomodating. My favorite part of the hotel was the little pool perched over the market. It was so much fun to swim around and watch all the drunk people shopping below! If you enjoy snorkeling on your own.. DO NOT miss the snorkeling at Dzul Ha. It is located right down the road from the Fiesta American Hotel. Not much there but a little beach bar (with GREAT food) and a place to rent snorkeling gear if you don't have your own. It's safe and it's free. We also had a good experience renting our car from SMART car rental. We got a great little VW covertible for $33/day and that included insurance and taxes. If you get a car and stay at the Vista del Mar, be sure to park it along the curbs that are painted white.. any other color (red or yellow) will cause the policia to take off your license plates and you will have to pay a fine to get them back."

• Travel date: 21st December 2004

Un Hotel Maravilloso "a wonderful hotel

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We just got back from a two week stay at the Vista Del Mar Boutique Hotel in Cozumel. We based our decision to stay there on "Trip Advisor" reviews and this place most certainly lives up to the excellent reports posted by prior guests. Having been to Cozumel several times and having stayed at many different types of properties, this was by far, our favorite home away from home. This small, quiet and inviting 20 room hotel was a welcome contrast to the mega sized "All Inclusive Hotels". If you are looking for a more authentic Cozumel experience, and would like to savor the local cuisine and genuine hospitality you will not be disappointed. The Vista Del Mar is not fancy, not flashy, but is impeccably clean, tastefully decorated and a real bargain for the money. And, even though this hotel doesn't offer the amenities of a bar and/or a restaurant, it's central location makes it very convenient (within easy walking distance) to San Miguel Square, restaurants/bars, shopping and the ferry's to Playa Del Carmen. We were always greeted with a warm smile, treated with genuine hospitality and every staff member took pride in making our stay as comfortable and relaxing as possible. It was very refreshing to stay at a hotel where you were greeted by name, asked if everything was to your liking and provided with considerate and accommodating service. We will definitely go back."

• Travel date: 14th November 2004

nice

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"best bang for the buck. was there 13 nights. clean,frendly staff,nice ocean view and people watching. only one drawback no ice, but you can buy it next store at the dive shop until 8PM. will go back."

• Travel date: 19th October 2004

Perfect location, Great staff, Good Room

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I booked this room thru Sky Auction ($50 per night with all the taxes and fees) and was worried that I was going to have to put up a fight for a decent room. Often many hotel employees are instructed to give the "less than desirable" rooms the auction website customers. This was not the case at the Vista Del mar. This hotel was clean, quiet, centrally located, and the staff was extremely accomodating. They add nice personal touches to the rooms. Breakfast is brought to your room at the the time you request, a free bottle of water is left when the room is cleaned (staying hydreated in Mexico is muy importante), and Matilda (the cutest cat I have ever seen ) will greet you upon arrival. One benefit is this hotel is located two doors down from Aqua Safari. If you are a diver, you literally have to roll out of bed and stumble down to the dive boat. It was perfect! Hands down, this is a great hotel!"

• Travel date: 23rd August 2004

Hotels near Vista del Mar Boutique Hotel

Vista del Mar Boutique Hotel is also called

• hotel vista del mar boutique