El Cozumeleno Beach Resort

Playa Santa Pilar Km 4.5, Cozumel 77600 Mexico

liked the el cozumeleno

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Well Just Returned And Must Say El Cozumeleno Is A Very Nice Hotel But There Were Some Spring Breakers That Messed Up Our Sleep. The People That Work For The Hotel Are Very Friendly And Hard Working People. Now The Food Review, Well I Went With No Expectation's Because I Think When A Staff Of People Have To Cook For That Many People Everyday What Do I Expect, The Food To Me Was A Typical Buffet. If You Want Something Else Bring Nice Clothes And Make Reservation's At The Resturant Inside The Hotel. The Setting Is Very Nice On The Beach. The Hotel Itself Need's Sound Proofing, Because You Can Hear The Door's From Other Floors Slam."

• Travel date: Tue 25th of March 2003

Wake Up Early

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"We really enjoyed the hotel overall. The only important thing to know (in my opinion), it is impossible to get a chair around the pool. When we arrived at noon there was not an empty chair in sight. I thought it was because of the time. The next morning we woke up early (we thought) at 8 to walk down and get a chair. Nope out of luck again. After asking at the front desk we were still out of luck for that day, we had to scout out chairs that opened as the day went on. We had the idea finally, to put room towels on the chairs at about 3:00 in the morning. That worked for us but keep in mind lots of others have that idea too..."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of March 2003

Great time at El Cozumeleno

Reviewed Sun 28th of October 2012

"We took our young children and thought the facilities were great for all of us. Plenty to do for the kids, and snorkeling, diving, and fishing trips can all be arranged at the resort. Many reviewers have to realize that this is Mexico and you are gonna get great service but the food is not gonna ever be 4 star, although in 15 years of travel to Mexico it is getting better. Cozumel has many activities and sights to offer....the hotel you stay at is only a small part of what makes the trip there so enjoyable."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of February 2003

Relax Relax Relax

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"I really have to laugh at the people who stay at the EL COZ & complain about this or that. Every year my wife & i travel to Cozumel & we stay at the EL COZ. WHY ? The people are dedicated to serving you! They are the nicest & happiest people i've ever met. We've been to Disney world & on thier ships, we've been on royal carribeans ships, carnivals ships, Disnenyland, and host of other places around the world & nowhere is there to be found a better group of service workers. Yes especially the bartenders! The foods really good overall & the B'fast at the sea shore is just simply fantastic. I think the complainers can't really afford to travel is all. So stay home & let us RELAX & enjoy ourselves @ the best place in all of mexico!!!!! That said, if you do go, don't drink the water, do bring the bug spray & tip the bartenders, wait staff, maids & Jose the doorman & see what kind of service a buck'll get you. We love it! The 20 or so friends we've taken love it! Our family members we've taken love it! Wow this long so good bye & hpoe to see you there!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of February 2003

Don't stay here !! 2/7/03- 2/14/03

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Beer drinkers beware, No can or bottle beer here!!!! Poor service, everything is self serve. Time share people in the Hotel Lobby are a rip-off!!!! they don't give you the free stuff they say they will, it will waste a whole day of your vacation. Don't expect coffee if you rise early!! Nothing is ready till 7:00, 8:00 our time. What a jokle!!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of February 2003

Wonderful Vacation

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My husband and I just returned from Cozumel and had a wonderful vacation at El Cozumeleno. The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful, our room was beautiful and kept very clean. The food was ok -- typical of an all-inclusive in that it isn't the height of gourmet, but was still quite acceptable and at times, some dishes were even wonderful! The location is superb for swimming & snorkelling. The hotel had a ton of activities. The shows were not all that great, although Mexican night was pretty good. However, the pianist in the a la carte restaurant was a delightful and talented gentleman who was thrilled to play our requests and seemed to know every song imaginable and played with gusto! Over all we were delighted with the hotel and would stay there again any time."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of February 2003

Fun Family Vacation

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"We stayed at the El Coz Jan 3-10, 2003 with our 2 children 6 and 9. We were getting wary prior to departing the states after reading some of the horrible reviews on this site.1st and foremost, people, you are leaving the country. Mexico standards and customs are different than our own and once you accept that you will truly enjoy yourself. The resort was beautiful, not like home, and yes there was mildew in our room and the sand never goes away, but where were you expecting to go?I thought the plan was to get away and experience something new. The food was great, unless you are like my daughter and enjoy bland non flavorful food. If you are looking for McDonald's then stay home. Finding a meal for her was trying. But she managed not to starve. The rest of us all gained weight. The service was excellent, and I truly feel that if someone is really good to you please tip. Even if you are all inclusive. We saw some of our maids walking home towards the middle of the island and that was at least 6 miles from the resort. Remember, their livelyhood depends on the tourist. The bartenders were friendly and the entertainment directors were great. Our kids only took advantage of the kids club twice while we were there. They were having way too much fun playing in the ocean and in one of the serveral pools. My son and I enjoyed the giant chess set and the Theme nights were wonderful. We met other families that had been to the resort previously and our children had no troblem keeping busy and entertained. I would really recommend this resort for 1st time travelers with children. What I did see was a lot of tourists being disrespectful to the staff and the property. If the lounge chairs look tough, it's because tourists drag them all over with no regard for value. And if the staff looks wary it's because they were just dealing with a tourist that thought they were still in the states and that being rude is acceptable. We truly got a "kick" out of watching our fellow americans give us a bad rap. On the last day the ocean was completly calm and there is a pier you could walk out on. We took bread crumbs and feed the tropical fish and the kids were sad to leave. We will definately be back."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of February 2003

Wonderful Vacation

Reviewed Tue 27th of November 2012

"This January was the 2nd time we vacationed in Cozumel and stayed at the El Cozumeleno. We were warmly greeted and most of the staff remembered us from our 1st visit. We have always received top notch service, clean rooms, good food, and everyone there has been more than accomodating to meet our needs. I am amazed at the critique submitted by Anonymous in Charlotte, NC and am wondering if they were staying at the same place. We found the Reception Staff, Bellmen, Waiters, Bartenders, and other hotel personnel were more than courteous, respectful, kind and did their best to make our vacation memorable. I think the most important thing to keep in mind is that you are guest in someone else's country and to understand and make sure your expectations are not unreasonable."

• Travel date: Sat 1st of February 2003

El Cozumeleno--not worth it

Reviewed Mon 22nd of October 2012

"We stayed at El Cozumeleno for four nights in November, 2002. If mediocre food, apathetic staff, and a very poorly run kids program might effect your vacation, stay somewhere else. The hotel also built its new tower so that it shades the pool most of the day, leaving the water cold. The snorkeling at the tiny beach by the Hotel is poor (it was great on other parts of the island). Contrary to the promise in the brochure and web site, its "all-inclusive" did not have the choice of two restaurants. The nicest thing I can say is that the room was large and offered a good ocean view. We have visited and stayed at other places on Cozumel, and there are much better choices."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of January 2003

El Coz is great

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"My wife and I( and sometimes friends) travel to Cozumel 2-3 times a yr. We have stayed at 6 different resorts, and I must say the El Coz is 1 of the best. Almost every1 is helpful and friendly, especially the bartenders.
I find some of the complaints to be silly, and in some cases, ignorant. Please remember where u are staying. This is a beach town, not a Disney cruise. Family friendly certainly does not mean cast aside all the people that come for their vacation just for YOUR kids. It means your kids are welcome, but not at the expense of other guests. We never see more than 10-20 kids at any time.
I think the 1 former guest stayed at another El Coz, because she couldnt have stayed at the 1 we stay at. There is certainly not music blaring, and they never play anything with nasty lyrics. Music is played, but at a reasonable level for the people around the pools to enjoy.
Now, we stay at the El Coz during our visits, or the Iberrostar. Both are great. As far as the food...remember, u get what u pay for. Perhaps Disney will head out of Charlotte next yr !"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of January 2003

Hotels near El Cozumeleno Beach Resort

Stayed at El Cozumeleno Beach Resort? Share your insight.

El Cozumeleno Beach Resort is also called