this view will relax you and make you happy

Good

Had the best time..........

Reviewed 21st March 2013

"We spent new years at the Blue Angel Resort and had a wonderful time. This is our 2nd trip back. When we were there last year the new owners Robert and Eva were busy renovating, this year the renovations were done and they are beautiful. I hear there are more reno's planned this year.............hmmm sounds like I will have to go back so I will be able to check them out! The hotel has such a laid back, relaxing atmosphere. The owner are always available for questions or to help you in whatever you need. The restaurant serves great food, and has a great view of the ocean, and you can watch the dive boats coming/going."

• Travel date: 25th January 2010

Great for Divers

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"My wife and I stayed in early Jan. 2010. We read a lot of great reviews before we went - in fact that is what helped make our decision. I must concur, the place was very nice. Lunch and dinner was very good, breakfast just okay - the menu is somewhat limited but the choices you do have are excellent. Plus it's only a 15 minute walk, 2 minutes by taxi, to get downtown. They mix up some pretty darn good drinks as well. Sergio(sp) is a great waiter - tip him well. It is worth every penny. We are divers, as most are at this hotel. I wouldn't recommend it to you if you weren't. It's a small 22 room hotel where everyone gets to know everyone else. The rooms are simple, the grouds are small, but the dive operation is top-notch. We dove with Matthew (Poncho). We really enjoyed having him as our Dive Master. FYI - the shore dive from the resort is also quite interesting. Not a ton of coral. However the resort is right next to the stingray cage (tourist trap). The cage draws a lot of fish, eels, crabs, etc. I will definetely go back the next time I am in Coz!"

• Travel date: 24th January 2010

It doesn't get any better

Reviewed 20th March 2013

"The Blue Angel is just what the doctor ordered. It is right on the beach, close enough to town to walk in, and has a great dive shop on site. The rooms are clean, the restaurant has great food, and the management and staff are the friendliest on the island. I always stay here when I come to Cozumel, The new owners have really done well with the place. Each time I come it is like coming home to family. The dive shop is great. The dive masters are some of the best on the island. The boats sre very fast. The restaurant is open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. As a diver, breakfast and lunch come with the dive package. I can't say enough about this place. How the hell did it end up #53 in Cozumel?"

• Travel date: 17th January 2010

So much better than in previous years

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"I have stayed at this hotel now for the 8th year and have really noticed some changes since the new owners. Those changes include a much friendlier atmosphere that you can tell just by the staff. Many subtle changes and lots of great improvements. Restaurant above the dive shop is perfect for our group - rooms included breakfast, dives included lunch option, dinners were fantastic. Our group (11 people, 10 were divers) all agreed that this was a great place to be, in fact it was the groups 2nd visit and a few in the group have been here several times in the past and they too comented on the overall improvements. Friendly and helpful staff with actual joy to be working here (a concept not felt before in my opinion). People comfortable enough to interact with guest they just met, and soon became friends with. Am I blowing the horn...yes! If you want stuffy atmosphere, this is not the place. In our 10 day stay we went to eat in town once! We will be back again and again. Great job Eva & Rob (new owners) and it shows in the staff!"

• Travel date: 16th January 2010

Just about perfect!

Reviewed 24th March 2013

"My second trip to the Blue Angel and it just keeps getting better. Eva and Rob have made significant improvements to the facilities since taking over two years ago (suffice to say the previous owner "lost interest" before selling). An attentive and friendly staff are right on the ball, only complaint we heard was it was taking too long to get served in the restaurant. HEY, IT'S NOT FAST FOOD, FOLKS!! The food is superb - Marta, the cook makes the best Chili Rellenos I've ever tasted and if you're really nice, she might just pull a scratch Flan out of the oven. Alex on the front desk will find you discounts on just about anything you want on the island, Jeannie and Michael are deeply involved in the Sea Turtle recovery program, Eva is working with the local orphanages, seems like everyone is involved in their community and willing to share. DIVING: GREAT DM's, FAST BOATS (5), and local knowledge galore. The full service shop is right on the grounds, as is the boat launch. FREE shore dives. (The night dives from the beach are fantastic.) Free kayaks, boogie boards, and snorkel gear (we saw spotted Morey eels and stingrays right off the beach). I am a Master Diver and travel the world, and this is the one I call home. It's now an annual trip and if I can do it twice, I will. (many of the other guests were return travelers, some who have been coming for years) Tremendous value."

• Travel date: 15th January 2010

Lovely time at the Blue Angel

Reviewed 23rd March 2013

"We spent 8 nights at the Blue Angel Hotel. When we arrived on a Friday afternoon, we were met at the desk by Andrea, a local employee in school studying tourism. She was the epitome of gracious, & gave us all our information, & offered us a welcome drink, which she ordered for us, & we had on the dock by the water. I've never felt as welcome anywhere as I did through the kindness of this lovely young woman. Unfortunately, she only worked weekends, & the other desk people, though knowledgeable, were not friendly or helpful in that special way of Andrea. Someday I hope she'll own her own resort. We enjoyed the waitstaff, and the food was excellent, the view superb and the palapa restaurant very relaxing. Our room wascomfortable, with a refrigerator for the leftovers from the huge portions at the restaurant, & we loved our balcony. We were not able to dive one day because of the weather, and chose not to on another, but received refunds for both days, a very generous gesture, since our decision not to dive was our choice. We rented a motor scooter from Ernesto's, who has a web presence, and so the mile or so into town was not a problem, although people walk a lot, and often, or take cabs. Over all, we had a fine experience at the Blue Angel."

• Travel date: 12th January 2010

Blue Angel Resort is a divers dream!

Reviewed 22nd March 2013

"I have previously posted my trip report under the name Caribe Blu, as Tripadvisor would not let me post it under Blue Angel as it didn't recognize it. The resort changed names last year from Caribe Blu to Blue Angel resort. So please see my report under Caribe Blu. To sum it up - I highly recommend this resort and will continue to stay there in future years."

• Travel date: 12th January 2010

Nice hotel at a good price.

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"My family stayed here for a week. 6 of us in 4 rooms. Everyone loved the place tho I had one complaint. The hotel itself is a 20-30 minute walk to town and is located right on the shore. They have a nice fresh water pool and easy access for snorkeling, swimming in the ocean. The dive shop is right there and was doing good business tho none of us dive. Public areas are clean and very well maintained. Check in had one or two minor glitches like we got the wrong key for one room but when pointed out it was fixed asap. Staff at the front desk was always friendly and helpful. The rooms are big and include an inexpensive mini bar, beer 1.75, remote control ac. Good beds and nice views of the water. Restaurant is great! Good service usually, very decent prices and nice, fresh food that comes in ample portions. My only complaint, on the first few nights I was getting some nasty bug bits on my legs. I was worried it was bed bugs or something. I told the owner and she took my complaint very seriously. The staff shook the beds down and cleaned/fumigated the room every day the rest of our stay. Nobody else had this problem and after their work it never came back. Also traffic noise might bother some in the lwoer rooms. We were on the 2nd floor and didn't mind it but you can hear it for sure."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2010

Was a great place until it changed owners about two years ago.

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"Formerly a great hotel for divers. Our family stayed at the this hotel when it was still called Caribe Blue and then twice after the place was sold and renamed. The new owners have tried to change it from a laid back hotel for divers and vacationers to an upscale resort. They planted grass where there was formerly sand under the hammocks, turned the Mexican restaurant into a "bistro" (who wants mediocre European when you can get great local cuisine?), and blast loud, obnoxious music from the open air lobby and pool area all day and evening long. The new owners are neither Mexican, nor divers, as were the old owners. A lot of the former staff members were let go as the placed was "improved." The dive shop was still good during our last visit, but I wonder how much longer that will last. We discussed our concerns with the new owners, but they were not receptive to our comments. We are going to take our tourist dollars elsewhere on our next Cozumel trip. We used to love staying at this hotel, but the place is no longer fun or relaxing. Bummer..."

• Travel date: 2nd January 2010

Great place to stay for diving in Cozumel.

Reviewed 19th March 2013

"Blue Angel was recommended to me by friends on scubaboard. I wanted a place that wasn't all inclusive but still included some meal. There package included 7 days, 5 two tank dives, breakfast every day, and lunch on dive days. With the close approximation (1 mile) they had to downtown Cozumel this worked extremely well for sampling the local cuisine. The resort's new owners have made a bunch of improvements and the quality of my stay showed this. The rooms were very comfy and large. Beds were somewhat firm, but comfortable. Each room had its own remote control AC unit which was more than enough to keep us cool. The meals were at the Blue Angel restaurant onsite and were excellent. You selected off of there normal menu and each meal is made for you. This means no cold buffet food. Every meal that we had was great and we even paid to eat a few times because of the quality of the food and location. The Dive shop was very good and we had some great diving experiences. It was so good that we paid extra for one more day and a night dive. We had fast boats that would go farther south than most!!! Saw everything that I hoped to see and can't wait to go back. Best - Closeness of restaurant and diveshop to our room, Owners served Christmas eve dinner Least - Minor detail of the dive shop lockers were old (Owner plans to improve in future)"

• Travel date: 30th December 2009

The Perfect Diving Destination

Reviewed 7th December 2012

"My Partner and I were brought to Caribe Blu by long time fans of this operation and we were not let down. The hotel- simple, immaculately clean, conveniently located so that you could take a leisurely walk into town or a cheap cab ride, with the main grocery on the way. Caribe Blue has its own Dive Operation attached to the hotel - Blue Angle. This might be the most professional operation I have found on Cozumel and the most convenient for the seriously committed divers. Wake up in the morning, stroll upstairs to breakfast, stroll back down and take 20 steps - you are now on the dock, ready to easily board their waiting dive boats. No taxis with wet suits and gear, no fuss, no muss. Return to dock, step off the boat, rinse your gear in the provided fresh water tanks, step upstairs and its time for 2 for 1 margaritas. Want to snorkel or dive right off their dock - day or night..not a problem and a great location. Through no fault of the hotel or its grounds, My traveling partner broke her ankle the first full day we were there - while she was in the emergency room, a quick call to the hotel had as moved from a second floor room - down to a ground level room, and while they were at it, they moved a lounge chair from the pool to the patio outside her room! The following days were trying for us, but the hotel staff was amazing!! They arranged for reasonably priced medication to be delivered to our room, found us a wheelchair to rent (which was a very difficult task) and were always on hand to help move her, deliver food and beverages to the room and generally help us navigate a very difficult situation. I've stayed at 4 star hotels that werent half as warm, helpfull and on the mark. Oh, and for the regular stuff...limitless pool towels, hot water, great AC, mini fridge, housekeeping, wireless internet, TV (with english stations as well), they were right on the mark."

• Travel date: 9th February 2007

Pleasant, no-frills, friendly

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"The Management was friendly and honest. Rooms were clean, straight forward, though rustic. Plumbing was spartan in our fourth floor room--no toilet paper down the commode, for instance, (but we probably shouldn't be doing that anyway). Linens were fresh and clean, though the beds were a little hard. Great place if your main interest is diving, diving, and more diving--and you don't care about frills."

• Travel date: 15th January 2007