The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive

Blvd. Kukulcan km 13.5, No. 32, Seccion A, Segunda Etapa Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77504 Mexico

Good

Really enjoyed the Royal Sands!

"Stayed at the Royal Sands 9/27-10/4/03 the villa was beautiful and had plenty of room for the six of us. View of the ocean was great even though we were not in one of the ocean front villas. Stayed in phase II which is a bit more quiet than phase I, especially the pool area. had a great time, close to shops, lots of activities!"

• Travel date: Fri 10th of October 2003

The Royal Sands a restful active vacation

"I had a wonderful time at the Royal Sands. Both the beach and the pools were wonderful. The service personnel were all very friendly. From the complimentary wine and cheese welcome party to the swimming pool happy hours to bikes and fins and snorkels, they kept me busy. Plan to come back again."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of October 2003

Excellent . . .

"Me, my wife and parents stayed at the Royal Sands Sept 13 - 17. It is a beautiful hotel. It didnt have the "Awe factor" you got with some of the other hotels (Like the Palace Resorts, and Melia), but it was nicer than most, and very large compared to most. The pools were great. The beach was perfect. The rooms were clean and nice. The beds werent as hard as some other cancun hotel we've stayed at. One concern we initially had, is when my parents got their room, it had a musty moldy smell (ours was fine). But, they told the front desk, and were immediately and without question moved to another room. So, in my book, that's no harm - no foul. Breakfast buffet was only so-so, but the service was great. The on-site grocery was comparably priced.We are not time-share owners as most were, but we got a great price on the room through travel-center.com (Im not affiliated with them in any way, I just got a great price)All in all a wonderful hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 21st of September 2003

Paradise--but with one concern...

"I stayed at the Royal Sands resort with my boyfriend in May 2003. By far, this was the most luxurious place I have ever stayed in my life (although it has competition...the hotel district in Cancun is lined with posh hotels). Everything is gigantic here...the lobby, the pools, and the resort itself....we clocked it at about a 1/3-mile walk from our room to the lobby. It was good exercise for us, but if you have mobility problems, you might want to book a room closer to the lobby.
The resort provides a grocery store, a couple of restaurants, several pools (w/ swim-up bars...very cool), a laundry room, and even a doctor's office! And the beach was literally next door...we had a lovely view of it from the balcony in our room. This is a hotel that caters to tourists...they even throw kitschy little pool parties every week, complete with line dancing to the Macarena.

My one concern about the Royal Sands: we were told we might have to switch rooms over the weekend (the day before we were scheduled to leave, in fact). This was not something we knew before we booked this hotel...neither the Royal Sands staff nor our travel agent (Apple Vacations) mentioned it beforehand. The Royal Sands has some residents who stay there on a time-share basis, which means that non-time-share guests sometimes have to switch rooms when the time-share occupants are scheduled to stay there. We ended up not having to switch rooms...it would have been an inconvenience if we had. I wish someone had told us this up-front.

Royal Sands is a tourist's paradise and I still highly recommend it, if you don't mind the time-share thing. You can get a good rate by booking through Apple Vacations, also....I think ours averaged to about $100 a night."

• Travel date: Tue 9th of September 2003

very impressed

"stayed at the royal sands the week of 6/21/03, we were very impressed the rooms were very comfortable and what a view!!!! The beach was spectacular, it took my breath away, I actually got in the water! we stayed on the bottom level and had a perfect view of the pool and ocean. We loved happy hour at the pool!!!! we really weren't hassled about joining the time share at all. All the workers were very friendly.We had a great time. We purchased the meal plan which consisted of 7 breakfasts and 3 dinners how convienient it was. If you plan on visiting cancun I highly suggest staying at the royal sands. We can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2003

wow...

"The Royal Sands is amazingly nice and so is the staff. They are always making sure your stay is going well and that you are comfortable. The pools are absolutely awesome, especially the larger one with the two swim up bars. The waiters around the pool are very attentive and on top of things. Happy hour is the best time to be around the pool. Drinks are half off and the free Chips and Salsa is great. The rooms are huge and cleaned every day as if you were leaving and the resort itself is also very well maintained. I didn't see one piece of trash on the ground while I was there. Another thing is they have plenty of activities. Sunday they have a welcome party with free drinks and games. Monday they have a taco party and then later in the evening a wine and cheese tasting party at the Royal Bandstand. I can't wait to go back!"

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of July 2003

Off the Chain

Good

"I recently arrived back from the Royal Sands a couple of days ago. I traveled with a couple buddies from college. When we arrived we layed our eyes upon 3 M I L F s. It was amazing. The hotel was miraculous and very well maintained. The view of the beach was unbelievably romantic.
It really helped us to get points with the ladies as we brought them back to our hotel night after night. As for the hunnies at the hotel.... not much to say about that. There were none in sight. The hotel staff welcomed our new guests every morning as they walked out of our room. My only complaint is that the hotel would be 10 times better if it were an all inclusive just so that we could get crunked up all day everday, rather than just getting crunked before heading out to the clubs. I totally recommend staying at the Royal Sands, but if you do...
B Y O B & B!"

• Travel date: Sun 6th of July 2003

This resort has something for everyone :)

"My friend and I just got back from Cancun and a wonderful week at the Royal Sands. It was just the 2 of us and we had the entire 2 bedroom / 2 bathroom suite - well we are 2 women! I think we both had the presumption that Cancun was for teenagers - but I have told everyone that Cancun has something for everyone and the best part was that the service and quality of food / entertainment was excellent everywhere we went. (With an exception or 2). We were also a little worried about the weather because it is the rainy season!. The Royal Sands is extremely clean, everywhere! The maid comes everyday and cleans every inch of the condo (with the exception of your dishes) - there is plenty of security, without being obvious. Every single employee was friendly and smiling. On rainy days there are plenty of indoor activities to keep you busy - from painting pottery, stain glass, bracelet making, face painting. The kids at the resort and the adults were having fun during the tropical storms we encountered on a couple of our days. As a member of Interval International I was invited to meet with my personal concerairge and he went over their timeshare presentation but only what I wanted to know - there was NO pressure and he only wanted me to share this info with my friend... he offered a trial week at $1699 at any of their resort in Cancun - we declined and he never questioned it. On the other hand - I'll give you a short version of our one bad experience in Cancun... like many people we had several activities we wanted to do and to get a better rate we decided to visit the Avalon Grand Resort and go through their timeshare presentation - we arrived at 7:50, the entrance and lobby were filthy... the girls at the desk were rude and told us we were early and they would call us when they were ready. They called us at 8:20 (20 min late) and as normal told us it would be a 90 min presentation (they wrote it at the top of the paper close to the 8:20 check-in timestamp)... introduced us to our presenter who sat us down in their buffet room - the breakfast buffet looked great - but we didn't stay to try it... He told us that we could go get breakfast and after we ate he would explain the program.. I have done this before and today didn't want to be there longer than 90 min.. so I told him "I just want to let you know that we have a road trip planned today and would appreciate it if you stick to the 90 min presentation as I am aware we could easily spend 2 - 3 hours here" - he responded that I wasn't letting him do his job if I didn't give him 90 min from the time we "finished" our breakfast - we tried to compromise with him but he argued with us - it was awful! I spoke to the manager and we were out of there 30 min later with our gifts. I would never stay there based on the filthiness of it and how we were treated. However I did want to visit one of there sister properties I always look at in my II book - Club Bacarra - it was beautiful and just how I expected it to be! A small condo / hotel - we were shown a 1 bedroom condo and it was huge and beautifully decorated - from the pages of a magazine. I understand it's hard to get reservations and near impossible to get an exchange. I would love to have the opportunity to stay there :). Anyway - while in Cancun we visited the following attractions and restaurants that I would highly recommend - Garfon, a private park that is on the southern tip of Isla Mujeras where you can snorkel, swim at the pool or just hang around in a hammock. Mango Tango a restaurant that entertains you (if you arrive around 7:30 8:30) all night long with dancers, dancing and lots of drinks included in your menu price (prices range from $40 - $57, includes 3 courses of very good food and drinks). Las Bonita Ranch horseback riding.. this ranch is located about 30 min south of Cancun and they are great for the beginner or the advanced rider you ride out to the beach and gallop on the sand (optional) and you can even swim with a horse into the ocean. Food is just ok but the service (as usual) was great. Coco Bongo night club.. very fun and entertaining and again all you can drink with your entry fee of $30.The moral of my story for Cancun is it's expensive but you get what you pay for! And I can't say enough about The Royal Sands one thing if you want something just ask because they most likely can accommodate you but they may not offer it to you and I think that has a little bit to do with the language barrier we faced they do speak relatively good English but they aren't going to go on and on but ask you personal concerierge because they will give you great ideas and they will also invite you to free social events around the resort that are well worth it we were invited to a Taco Lunch by the pool and a cocktail part (we were late and didn't get to enjoy it) but it looked great and all FREE."

• Travel date: Mon 30th of June 2003

Four Generation Stay at Royal Sands!

"We just returned from a stay at the Royal Sands. This was a girls trip including all the women in my family from my 88 yr old grandmother, to my 4 month old son. We were all able to stay in a two bedroom/two bath villa, which included a kitchen and a patio with the most amazing view!
The beds were very comfortable! Due to having an elderly person and baby with us, the Royal Sands was perfect since we really didn't need to leave the premises. They have a grocery store, travel agent, etc etc. The pools are so nice, perfect temperature, with a swim up bar and awesome pina coladas! The spa is ok, we did receive massages and facials there, but it was expensive and we feel we could have spent our money better elsewhere. The food at the pool is very good, but the food in the restaurant is usually served buffet I think, and one night it was so bad that we got our money back, but tried it again the next night, and it was ok, but nothing special at all. The people at the Sands were so nice, we're still talking about it. They were the friendliest people I've ever come across! We all definitely recommend the Royal Sands!"

• Travel date: Sun 22nd of June 2003

Paradise!

"My family took our first trip to Cancun in September of '02 and loved every minute of it...starting and ending with The Royal Sands Resort. From the moment we arrived, we were treated like Royalty. The staff is impeccable, the ammenities are awesome. The pools are absolutely like nothing we've seen before. We visited the Moon Palace and was disappointed in the beach area...at the Royal Sands, we loved it. It was so clean and clear. I usually don't enjoy beaches, but this was an exception! We went swimming in the ocean....something rare for me. I proclaimed this PARADISE! We're making plans to return this August, and we can't wait. Highly recommend!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of June 2003

This hotel was good but not the best in...

"This hotel was good but not the best in the area, as the price reflects. The grounds were kept neat and clean and there were always maintenance people around. The pool is nice and clean.

The rooms are good sized and clean. The amenities in the room seemed very dated, the TV desperately needed upgrading, but all rooms have excellent views. There is a daily maid service that some of the hotels do not offer.

The best thing about the Royal Sands was its association with local resorts and restaurants.

You could use your room key to pay for meals at the local restaurants and just pay the whole bill at the end of your stay. This meant that we didn't have to carry money around with us, and is a very good idea for safety etc.

All in all the hotel was good standard for the money but in need of modernisation. It was clean though!"

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

Hotels near The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive

Stayed at The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive? Share your insight.

The Royal Sands Resort & Spa All Inclusive is also called