The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun

Retorno del Rey #36 Zona Hotelera, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Good

The Ritz Carlton hotel is truly a 5 star !

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"Spent 5 days atthe Ritz over July 4th holiday. It was great. Ritz is a 5 star hotel in luxury, comfort, service and THE PRICES.. Food was too pricey -The seafood buffet on Friday is good but not spectacular @$59.
per person. Best restaurants for the money were Ruth Chris Steaks and The Captain's Cove. The Ritz never disappointed.. Beach was outstanding! Can't wait to return."

• Travel date: Thu 10th of July 2003

The Perfect Hotel

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"This is an absolutely wonderful hotel. We couldn't have been happier with our room, the staff, and especially the club floor! Great food, basically all day long! It is absolutely worth the money, we barely ate outside of the club lounge for the entire week we were there! Also, beer and wine during the day and full bar in the evening saved us a fortune. This hotel is worth every penny-I cannot imagine staying anywhere else in Cancun!"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of July 2003

Tour De Force in Cancun

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"I have traveled and stayed at many 5 star world class hotels and this Ritz Carlton hotel in Cancun is what I would consider a Tour De Force in this category. This vacation definitely exceeded our 5 star expectations. From the minute we arrived, everyone in the hotel treated my wife, three daughters (ages 6, 4, and 2) and I as if we were VIPs. We were catered to our every need without any effort on our part or feeling as though someone was breathing down our necks at any time. We stayed in a club level suite, which we reserved prior to our stay. This is well worth the extra money on a family vacation since you have 5 food settings per day and drinks included at no additional charge along with the enhanced service offered on this level. Ramon, our private concierge was absolutely wonderful. He was extremely attentive without realizing he was near at any time and he took the time necessary to accommodate our children as well. Angel, the doorman for the hotel, was wonderful as well. I would like to mention everyone by name for your future use, however, this would be impossible since I could go on and on about the extent of personal service we received from all of the excellent staff at this Ritz-Carlton resort. However, I feel Ramon and Angel were truly worth mentioning. These guys have all the connections and are truly on top of their game. From the minute we arrived from the airport in our private shuttle provided by the Ritz-Carlton, to the minute we left a week later, everyone from the door men, turn down attendants, to the hotel management greeted us by name, which made my family feel all of the Ritz-Carlton staff truly valued our decision to spend our summer family vacation with them. This would be a great vacation for couples or familys alike. You will be pleasantly satisfied if you try this resort. We will be back!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2003

Would return in a Heartbeat

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Spent 5 days at the Ritz at the end of June 2003. Everything about the hotel is as advertised. Superior customer service, elegant furnishings, and exceptional meals. The weather didn't cooperate during our stay, but that hardly mattered. My wife & I enjoyed finding a comfortable place on the 7th floor lobby to read. When we were able to go outside, the pool area was fantastic as was the beach. I recommend not paying for one of the larger cabanas ($60 per day) and simply taking advantage of the free smaller cabanas which have plenty of room and cover for 2 people. Just get out there around 9:30 AM and place a pool bag or towels to secure your place for the entire day.

Rate for a room facing the ocean was quite a bargain in my estimation.
But don't expect food and drinks to be cheap. Mixed drinks $9 and hamburger $15 give you an example. Must try the chips and pico de gallo when at the pool or beach.

Service and food at The Club Grille (best restaurant) were great!
Comparable to any of Houston's finest restaurants in terms of service.
The meal itself was very nice, although I've enjoyed better for less than the $200 (no drinks) we were charged.

We didn't take our kids, but there were many families there with children from 3 months to teenagers. As long as the weather cooperates, the kids will have plenty to do."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2003

Avoid the club level

Reviewed Fri 28th of December 2012

"The first time I stayed at this hotel (Jul 31-Aug 05-2002), I was very pleased with the executive suite where I stayed at a "normal" floor, It has a very large balcony and a wonderful view of the ocean, so I decided to return in May 2003(20-27) , but this time I reserved a club level executive suite in the 8th. floor (which is more expensive than the "normal" executive suite $339 vs $449 per night). I was very dissapointed since the moment I opened the door .Since this so call "suite" was situated at a corner of the building, the balcony was very small and the view was average. So I asked for a change to the "normal" floors and was given an awesome suite. So if you are going to stay in a suite you should stay in a "normal" floor instead of the club floor. Other than that this hotel is spectacular."

• Travel date: Sat 14th of June 2003

FANTASTIC PLACE!

Reviewed Sat 13th of October 2012

"This hotel is by far one of the best--if not THE best-- I've stayed at (and I've travelled to numerous 5 star resorts in the caribbean). The cleanliness and superb service is a real plus, as well as the beautiful beach. The food was absolutely amazing and the ambiance at the different restaurants was charming. Our room was clean and had a great view of the ocean (7th floor). The Ritz also made a special dinner on the beach in a hut for us (we got ENGAGED THERE!) which was very romantic and special. Candlelight, music, decor... and fabulous fod and service. I would highly recommend this property to anyone."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of June 2003

Just a number

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"Disappointing is the word that first comes to mind as I describe my stay at the Ritz in Cancun. I have stayed in many Ritz Carlton properties, which have always been top notch in every category, so of course there was no question that I would book the Ritz for my stay in Cancun. I booked a club level ocean front room for my 10 night stay. When I opened the door, it had to be the worst room on the floor! Worn out furniture (this hotel needs a re-model) with the worst view possible. The concierge even admitted that everyone asks to be moved from that particular room. He managed to move me to another room with a better view (worn furniture). What was upsetting was to find out that quite a few people staying on the club level had been upgraded from the regular ocean view rooms. I was paying full rate for club level, yet received worst room on floor!!! My first piece of advice is to book a regular room, since upgrades seem to be common. Although an upgrade from club level is not possible, so why bother spending the extra money? This hotel is extremely geared for conventions. We were constantly asked what group we were with. There always seemed to be sections shut off for the convention people. Made us feel like we were at work. Bottom line: Huge hotel.....very business/city atmosphere. Ritz carlton in Cancun is a nice average place to stay, but if you want an extra special experience, romantic atmosphere, I suggest you spend the extra $50-100 a night and book the Paraiso de la Bonita. After a few nights, I cancelled the remainder of my reservation and moved to Paraiso de la Bonita. It was more than worth the extra $50 a night! Check it out......you will be surprised at this beautiful resort.....and there are others like it popping up all over the area. The Ritz better pull itself together and stop thinking they are the best Cancun has to offer. I discovered that they can be beat!"

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2003

We miss it already

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"The Ritz was just as we expected from reading all its great reviews. First of all, the beach and water are gorgeous. There seemed to be a problem with "sea lice" but I went in the water several times and everything was fine if I immediately rinsed off at the outdoor shower. The pool was also very nice although it was a little crowded and the temperature was luke-warm--it wasn't much of a break from the heat. The service was excellent, but expect to pay for everything you get at the Ritz. From ten minutes of internet time--5 bucks--to a hamburger at the pool--15 bucks-- the Ritz definitely charges for everything. Just to give travelers an idea of food prices, the breakfast buffet is 24 dollars and the seafood buffet (which I highly, highly recommend) is 58 dollars. Lunch fare is in the 15 dollar range for sandwiches, etc. . . A bottle of water is 6 dollars and a pina colada is 9 dollars. Despite the high prices, I recommend the hotel as the location, service, and beach are great. In general, for mexican food in Cancun try La Casa de las Margaritas. This place is delicious and moderately priced. The hotel recommended La Destileria, but we found it to be average. For seafood, go for the seafood buffet on Friday nights at the Ritz. It has unlimited lobster tail and the best selection of any any buffet I have ever bee to."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of May 2003

Perfect Getway

Reviewed Thu 27th of December 2012

"I just got back from Cancun May 7-10, 2003. I did alot of research in deciding where to stay in Cancun. I wanted a place that I could truely relax. The Ritz was perfect. We stayed on the club level which was well worth it. Everything was great; the pool, the food, the beach (but the water was rough) and the staff. We will definately go back and stay there again."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of May 2003

Elegance in Mexico

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Upon arrival to the arched driveway into the entrance of the beautiful Ritz Carlton, it is everything that you would expect from the Ritz. I had decided to take a long weekend and treat myself for my birthday, and upon arrival, they had know it was my b-day and upgraded me to a beautiful oceanfront room with a balcony on a high floor. There was not one thing missing from the room including the chocolate on the pillow at turndown. The food was great and there is a wonderful seafood buffet that I must have eaten 3/4 of. The bar is very nice, and they have people to organize daily or half day excursions of every kind as well. Although alone, the staff made me feel very welcome and could not do enough for me.... I would go back to this resort in a heartbeat....."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of May 2003

This is one of the best hotels in Mexico...

Reviewed Thu 3rd of May 2007

"This is one of the best hotels in Mexico. The Ritz will truly make your vacation wonderful. The entire hotel was just re-vamped and it is beautiful.

The service is outstanding. From the doormen, maids wait staff and managers everyone is kind and sincere. I highly recommend staying on the club level. It’s like a hotel within a hotel.

They serve 5 meal presentations throughout the day. It’s great to get up and go right out and have coffee first thing in the morning. They also have gourmet coffee machines in each room.

The hotel beds are heavenly. All rooms face the sea. I can't say enough good things about the staff at the pool.

Hook up with one of the guys setting up chairs for the days your there and each day he will have your area set up and ready for the next day. Of course a good tip helps too.

The restaurant at the pool is fantastic. The food, service and view makes it perfect. Of course you can always have lunch served pool side.

Give the Ritz Cancun a try. You won't be sorry."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of May 2007

Hotels near The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun

Stayed at The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun? Share your insight.

The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun is also called