Temptation Cancun Resort

Blvd. Kukulcan km 3.5, Cancun 77500 Mexico

Good

Had the best time at BBG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"We arrived on February 1 2003 and met my sister and here husband there. I don't know where these other people stayed that wrote the bad reviews about BBG.. but it wasn't in Cancun. We were concerned before we left after reading so much negitism.. but after arriving there it didn't take long to relax and realize we had nothing to worry about. It is an adult resort and there is some nudity (mostly due to the eagerness of some participants in the games), and there was a good portion of women topless.. but it takes one day and you don't even notice it any more. The staff was friendly and helpful, the food was good and plentiful, the drinks were the best - especially "sex on the beach". The resort was clean all the time and the pool was soooooo refreshing, lots of activities around the sexy pool. Try the scuba lesson in the pool, for a first timer its a lot of fun. The shows were nicely done, we appreciated seeing some of the local costumes and talent. Take the Jungle tour it was a blast.. the colour of the fish is unbelievable, each boat seats two people you are your own driver. Go early in the morning and wear lots of sunscreen. Our trip to Chichen Itza was outstanding! Climb the pyramid (if you can) and don't miss walking up the inside smaller pyramid. We will never forget all the things we saw and learned while on this tour. We went in a van only 12 people, you get a more personalized tour (smaller group) and you get there and home faster than the big buses. We stopped on the way back to BBG and swam in the Summa Cenote it is unbelievable!!! So deep, so clear. We can't say enough about our week there except we are anxious to go back again and this time stay 2 weeks."

• Travel date: Fri 14th of February 2003

Had a great time!

"To the point: My wife and I (ages 51 & 59) were there from January 30th to February 9th, 2003 and had a great time. Loads of fun, met many nice people, partied, played, and came back feeling like we had been on vacation. Food: Don't go there for the food, it is acceptable, plentiful, but nothing to get excited about. You won't go hungry, but you will appreciate the local diner when you get back. Rooms: They can range from really crappy to excellent. Book the superior rooms, and when you get their look at it first before you let them settle you in. If you're not happy, demand to see another room. Cleanliness: The place is clean, clean, clean. They take excellent care of things and are at it 24/7. Waiters and Bartenders: Super, they go out of their way to make you happy. Even though it is all-inclusive, tipping works really well and is worth it. The beach is small but nice, the pools are just perfect and you can swim up to the bar. You have to get to the beach and pool early to reserve your beach chairs. Oh yes, beach and pool areas are topless. If you are young at heart, have an open mind, want to be a little adventurous you will have a ball with the staff and their games. It can get a little risqué, but all in good fun. Have a drink or two and just kick back and enjoy it. If you are a prude, go elsewhere, although there is a quite pool and area for those that are antisocial and prudes. We have been to many resorts, Couples, Sandals, Club Med, Hedo and others and it is typical. Each has its own highs and lows, but if it is sun and fun, and an overall good time this is a good place to go. Mostly Americans, Canadians and English seem to frequent it and the age range while we were there ran from the 20's to the 60's."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of February 2003

Had a great time

Good

"My wife and I were at the bluebay June of 2002. We had a great time there. We stayed at the marina which was a mistake. We ended up traveling to the club everyday. There was a couple there from Dallas that was really great. The service was good and everything you need on a vacation was there. They had topeless girls, great adult games and plenty of alcohol. I am looking at going back this year if we can arrange this. I will go for sure if we locate the couple from Dallas. Whatever you do make sure you go there with an open mind and have a great time. Leave all your problems at home along with your swim suits top. Great for the price."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of February 2003

Loved it, but not for everyone!

Good

"My friend and I just returned from Cancun last week. We absolutely had the time of our lives! We stayed at the Blue Bay Getaway. This hotel is definitely not for everyone! We are 31 and 33 years old, and we wanted an adult only hotel. It was perfect in this regard. Some aspects of the hotel were 4 star, as advertised, but some were more like 3 star. Our room wasn't much to write home about, quite basic & the bathroom was outdated, however, there were nicer rooms on the resort, especially those adjacent to the "sexy" pool. I think all the rooms were quite noisy, it was hard to have a good afternoon "siesta", as you could hear everything going on by the pool. We really didn't mind, we knew we were going to a party hotel. It could be loud sometimes in the night too, around 4:00am or so people would be returning from the bars. There are 3 a la carte restaurants, but we didn't eat at any of them. I heard from others that they weren't great, but can't really say. The buffet was good, lots to choose from, but not a ton of variety on a day to day basis. We stayed at the pool most of the time (grab a chair facing away from the water for the best sun!), only venturing down to the beach a couple of times. I thought the beach could have been a bit cleaner, but tons of people were down there enjoying it. The pool itself was really cold our first few days, but warmed up later in the week, as the weather warmed up. Also, the hotel filled up more by the weekend, so I think that helped the pool seem warmer. Don't be fooled by the "jacuzzi" tubs in the pool. They are the same temp. as the rest of the pool! The music by the pool was usually really good, my friend & I bought the CD they sell there & it is great. There are activities going on all the time, but they are great about not forcing you to do anything, especially since a lot of their contests are almost x-rated. Just be careful, a lot of them are not what they seem! There was a lot of topless bathing at this hotel. Every night they have activities &/or contests in the Video Bar. Definitely worth going to! If you go to the "Anything Goes" night, be sure to 1) wear layers 2) wear matching bra & underwear! After they were done the nightly contest, we could go to different night clubs every night. We went on a booze cruise one night, and to 2 different bars (Carlos & Charlies and La Boom), Congo Bongo the next night (THE best bar I have ever been to!!!!!!!), Daddy Rock & Daddy O's, Bulldogs, Senor Frogs & Fat Tuesday. It is a bit expensive to do all this, anywhere from a $5 cover to $35 US for all you can drink & cover. The amount they are asking for to get in to Congo Bongo is worth every penny, as they put on quite a show. Watch the waiters though, they are very tip hungry and get mad at you if they don't think you tipped enough. In general, I think that you have to have a certain type of vacation in mind to enjoy the Blue Bay Getaway to its' fullest. There is a quiet pool area for those who aren't in to all the other activity, but like I said, to enjoy it to it's fullest, it is worth seeing & participating in all they have to offer. I, personally, would go back tomorrow, but it definitely isn't the place for everyone. If you are easily offended or need a ton of sleep, I would suggest finding a different hotel!"

• Travel date: Sun 9th of February 2003

Fan-tast-ic Time

"Trip dates - January 9-12, 2003While it is not the 4 Seasons or the Ritz - it is a blast. My friends and I were looking for a wild time and we got it. A great refuge from the regular workday blahs. We kicked back and decided to party like animals - and it worked. The room was ok, the food was fine - but we weren't there for that. The bartender kept us and the girls we ran into well oiled. Transportation to the clubs was great and the vip treatment there was excellent.Anyone there the same time - I NEED PICTURES so email me what you have so I can remember. This was a fun fun excursion."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of February 2003

Best time of my life!

"My husband and I decided to take our honeymoon 11 1/2 years late. We wanted fun and no children around so we talked to our travel agent. She booked us with Apple Vacations. She gave us information we needed to know which was very helpful. Go with a travel agent you trust it is well worth it. It rained for two weeks prior to our arrival so the water was cold, no biggie. We had great weather while we were there. We arrived at our hotel, checked in and the bell boys showed us where to go and carried our things to our room. It was in the old side but recently remodled. It was very nice, except for the balcony view of the road. We didn't care, we really didn't spend much time in our room. We went down to the pool and found out quickly why it is adult only. Fair warning, most of the women at the pool and beach were topless, they have different contest throughout the day so be warned if you do not want to show any body parts to everyone do not enter the contests.
The motto down there is; Your on vacation, you don't know anyone, no one knows you, and nobody gives a @#%#! It is so true. I am not easily offended so I was not offended in the slightest bit. My husband and I entered several contest and had a blast. We met alot of people that were there just to let go and have fun. All the staff was wonderful and everything was very clean. The beach was ok.
You have to go to the hut on the beach and ask for Roberto, ask him about the booze cruze. It was $35 per person and you take an hour or so boat ride around the lagoon (at night), when they say to duck for the bridge they are not kidding. We docked at a bar called Carlos and Charlies, they had a buffet waiting for us. It was open bar until 11:00pm. There was a band that played 70's and 80's music, they were terrific. Everyone was pretty much drunk before we got to the bar. Beware of the contests!!!! Then we took a double decker bus to a club called La Boom. No one liked it. It was something new they were trying I don't know if they will do it again.
The next morning came way too soon and we went on a snorkling trip and had a great time. We got free lunch on the Island, got to hold a shark and went shopping. This was also booked through Roberto. A word of advise if you go, take a sweatshirt. The boat ride back was about 1 1/2 hours and the sun was going down. We were all sunburned, cold, and tired. Until they brought out the tequila shots.
Each night they have a bus going to a different bar. It was $28 for the ride to the bar and open bar all night. We went to CoCo Bongo. It was a great place. I was exhausted from the snorkling trip that day so we didn't stay long. The taxi ride back was $9. Not bad it was quick. We left the next morning and called for a bell boy to help with our luggage and he was there in 5 minutes.
Also you will get a card the morning after you arrive to stop at the front desk before you go to breakfast. DONT GO! They told us they were going to show us around the resort and talk to us during breakfast and give us a gift bag. We thought it would be nice they said it would only take an hour. 2hours later as we were stuck in a room getting hounded with HIGH pressure time share sales we were furious because they lied to us and took 2 hours of our day. This was my only complaint. Everything else was outstanding. The only thin is it was not long enough. We went for 3 nights 4 days. There is so much to do, and we made some friends. Take between $500 and $1000 with if you can. Things are very inexpensive but like I said there is alot you can do. Wear sunscreen! And do not use the phone in your room, even if you have a calling card they still charge you like $6 to use it. We did have a problem calling home. We tried 6 different payphones in town and none of them would accept the AT&T prepaid calling card we bought here. We plan on going back next year, we had such a great time. I would recomend this resort to anyone wanting to go to Cancun to let loose and have fun.
Hope you have as good of a time as we did."

• Travel date: Tue 28th of January 2003

The Absolute Best Time

"Been to Cancun % times and stayed at BlueBay Getaway. The staff is exceptional. Going back again this year. The last week of April is the best time. Temperatures are perfect and in 5 years I have seen only about 30 minutes of rain total. Every year they have made improvements and. Food, drinks and entertainment are as good as the more expensive resorts. Be warned if adult attitudes are offensive. Topless sunbathing and some nudity does happen, thats why it is advertised as adults only. No bad times here."

• Travel date: Sat 25th of January 2003

Overall, its Worthy!

Good

"Well, here's a brief review to help you out when deciding if to stay at Blue Bay Getaway...

We arrived at the hotel - certainly not one of the high-rise hotels such as the Oasis - is about 3 or 4 stories high but split up into different wings. We were booked into a room in the old wing that was musty and had a "Partial Oceanview", my butt. After requesting a room change, we were moved 2 days later to the new wing overlooking the quiet pool. A significant difference - in the first room we felt like we were in a Mexican jail.
As for the food - was reasonable but you'll want to eat off the resort once in awhile or use your vouchers for one of the specialty restaurants as the buffet can get a little tiresome after awhile.
I would rate the Italian as the best followed by the Chinese Wok then far behind the Oyster House at the Blue Bay Club (don't bother).
Always something to do - beach volleyball was my fave, but note the that the "beach" that you play on is basically concrete covered in a couple of inches of sand - so your knees will take some punishment. They need one more truckload of sand to cover the area there.
As for the games room - it was 2 pool tables and some TV's. On one of the pool tables, the pockets were gone, so the balls would fall on the floor - fix this please!
Drinks were good - memorize "dos cervesas, per favor". The activities could get raunch depending on the participants, would good natured and good for a laugh.
Were about 50% Cdn's, 40% Americans and 10% Euros.
As for Clubs - don't bother with Daddy-O's (was deserted), Daddy-Rocks was good as was La Boom. The best, however was Coco-Bongos - worth it just for the shows and good music.
As for the tours, I was pretty lazy - did the Snorkelling Tour off of Isla Majueres. Definitely worthwhile - note you can get cheaper tours off the resort. Will definitely do the ruins next time and I heard good things about the jungle tour.
So in wrapping up, I'd consider the resort to be a 7.5/10, food 7/10, weather was a 6/10 unfortunately due to cloudiness and some rain but still in the low 80's during the day. Fortunately, we met some great people to hang with and it turned out to be a good trip despite the crappy weather.
Cheers!"

• Travel date: Sat 25th of January 2003

Cried when I got there, but ended up liking it

"I stayed here in July 2002 with my mother and brother (he and I are in our early 20s). We lost my father in June and needed a break after his long illness. I'd visited Cancun in June 2000 with a friend and absolutely loved it so we decided to go back there. When we got to the hotel I was SOOOO disappointed. We were in the old wing and the room was dark, there was a funny little terrace that had views of a wall and got no sun and it was very old fashioned. We went to look at the beach and there was none. I got really upset and started to cry because I felt so guilty that I'd talked this place up (Cancun, I'd stayed elsewhere before) and it was so disappointing. We went for a walk round the hotel and saw the newer wing with the quiet pool and decided to ask reception if we could move over there and they said we could as soon as check out happened the next day. We were tired so we went to bed and moved our cases over the next day before the room was even cleaned. The new room was so much better, it was light and airy, the bathroom was clean, there was a balcony that looked over the quiet pool and the sea. The staff at reception were really friendly and helpful. I noticed that most of these reviews were from American guests and I don't know how your tour operators work but we didn't bother seeing our rep. I used to do the job in Spain and I know all they want to do is sell and spend time in the sun and who can blame them! I've always found it much more effective to go directly to the hotel staff and use my pidgin Spanish.

We used our vouchers for the speciality restaurants and I found them to be very poor. The buffet was completely adequate. The hotel was sold as a 3 star and the food was a lot better than you'd get at a buffet at a 3 star hotel in Europe.

I disliked the layout of the bars, the video bar area was really small and there weren't many places to sit outside either so you wouldn't want to spend the night in the bar. That doesn't really matter though because if it hadn't been a family holiday I'd have gone out every night anyway. I didn't see a problem with getting local spirits, the brochure clearly stated that the all-inclusive included local brands of beer, wine and spirits and you only get that in the clubs as well.

I made sure to make my family round to the proper beach so they knew I wasn't lying about how beautiful it was! In the end, we ended up having a good time.

I have to say, I didn't see any nudity but no, I don't count topless sunbathing as nudity and let's face it, laughing at mingers (really gross people) is always fun. There were some overly-loud people who congregated around the bars and jacuzzis but when you only pay £600 each for a week's all-inclusive and flights from England in the busiest month of the year you can't expect a St Tropez crowd."

• Travel date: Mon 20th of January 2003

Great Value For Money - Enjoy !!

"Holiday – 10th Jan 03 to 17th Jan 03 – All Inclusive board –

Just returned from 1 week at the Blue Bay Getaway Resort & Spa –

Having stayed at various hotel chains throughout the Caribbean over past 5 years this resort was one of the best I have stayed in with regard to value for money – The Ritz it is not, but you are in Mexico and not therefore paying 5star prices - We had a fantastic time, except for the weather which was cloudy most days.(Out of our hands).

Arrived and checked in within 10 minutes following 11 hour flight from UK – #181 room was spacious and clean however the view was ground floor at the rear end of resort. Immediately asked to be moved which we were within 5 minutes –
New room #107 overlooked pool and garden with brand new refurbished bathroom! Again clean and spacious, one huge king size bed and equally large TV.

Main restaurant was basic but catered for all tastes – don’t expect lavish banquets but good quality food and plenty of it - salads, fruits, 4/5 different main dishes, loads of vegetables / potatoes, desserts, ice cream, etc..
3 additional restaurants (smart dress required) – All adequate and excellent service. Chinese, Steakhouse and Italian – (Ask for ‘Sexy Coffee’ to finish your meal – like ‘Irish Coffee’ but better).
Oyster restaurant well worth going to at Blue Bay Club, reservation required- 6 courses, beautiful presentation and excellent menu.
Burger bar at Blue Bay Getaway open from 11pm ‘til 6am for those returning from the night life with a hunger!!

3 swimming pools, one for music/quiz/games/swim up bar etc – second for water sports only – third on other side of resort – quiet and peaceful, also with swim up bar.
Beach is not one of the best in Cancun, however as we saw plenty of other beaches during our stay, it is not one of the worst either. Clean and beautiful white sand, this should not deter you from staying.
Spa is brand new and extremely luxurious – give the Jacuzzi / sauna and steam rooms a go, this would not be out of place in any 5 star resort!

General hotel cleanliness was excellent, I saw one dead cockroach in 7 days, which goes to show how well the place was kept. Previous reports have complained about too many security guards. There were hardly any? Enough to keep everyone safe but the reports made it out that there were guys peering through the bushes and hiding in trees…not the case at all !!
Split in holiday makers at the resort was I would guess about 50% US, 40% Canadian, 10% British -

Evening entertainment was fun, if not a little risqué at times mainly due to the audience participation, but was always taken in good spirit and highly amusing. If you don’t want to see the occasional naked man / woman appear during these evening games there are plenty of other bars to attend, which many people opted to utilise instead.…this is an adult only resort which does not just mean there are no kids running about, but this should not put you off in any way.
After these evening party games the hotel organises trips every night to the 7 biggest night clubs in Cancun, generally charging 25$ to cover transport / entry & all your drinks – We went to La Boom disco which was excellent, 2,000 people partying ‘til the early ours in two different rooms, one R&B / Hip Hop and the other commercial dance…as a Brit the constant demands from the bar staff for tips at every opportunity became rather tiresome.

We also did the hotel boat trip to the local island, Isle Majeures, another good trip which would have been better if the weather was finer, but plenty of free booze on board and snorkelling was also excellent!! A fire in one engine on the return journey added to the excitement and also assisted most to drink too much to steady their nerves !! We limped back into the harbour 1 hour late using the one remaining good engine ! All good fun in the end – well worth doing !!

In summing up, this hotel is excellent value for money, clean and the service the staff gives is friendly and attentive. 10 minutes away from all the nightlife and only 20 minutes from the airport. Sister hotel is pleasant and free bus and boat transfers available all day / night..
If you want 5 star luxury do not stay here, go pay 3 times as much elsewhere, but for value and entertainment this place fits the bill nicely.
Don’t spend the whole holiday complaining about trivial matters as I witnessed many people doing, if you have a genuine problem the hotel will sort it out immediately. You’re on holiday…..Enjoy !!!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of January 2003

me and my sister went to blue bay getawa...

Good

"me and my sister went to blue bay getaway last year for a week in october.....well well
it was a fab holiday all in all, at 1st we didnt know what to do as it turned out to be a swingers hotel, now they dont tell you this in the travel agents they just class it as an all adults hotell,after a while we just got used to it and made the most but with me being 18 and her been 23 was something diffrent ill tell you that 4 nowt!!!
was very clean and ohhh i miss the breakfast so much, a bit repetative but its good!
the pools lovely
the room was fine
the beach is just at the side of the pool but not very big and the waters not very clean, i didnt go in it witch i usualy would, but you can get a boat trip just outside the hotel and go scuber diving
the staff were very helpfull and helped as much as possible apart from the sales people who try and rip you off! was so hot!
over all we loved it th food was good and theres seafood eastraunts, 2 diffrent pools and a beautifull free spa witch you have to book in but some how no one seems o know about it so we spent loads ov time in there relaxing,theres also a sauna and steam room the other down to this holliday is that there are so many perves and they are just drinking from morning to night and will snake on yo beyond belief to the point were you cant just sit there and say nothing!
we payed 600 £ all inclusive and i would say it was worth it but dont go there if your easily offended lol if you need to ask me any questions ill be happy to answer them! [email protected]"

• Travel date: Tue 13th of May 2008

This is the best holiday I have ever had...

"This is the best holiday I have ever had! Be warned through this is only for the light hearted due to the sexual day time games around the pool and for what I heard about the evening shows (which I didn't go to). I made some fantastic friends who I still keep in touch with.

The food was lovely and there was so much choice. The rooms were pretty much as you would expect, clean but basic! Also on the TV there was a selection of adult channels.

The private beach was lovely and there were hammocks so that you would lay and just watch the sea. There were also a lot of games played in the day such as beach volley ball.

I would love to go back as there was such a range of people there and everyone was friendly. I have heard it was a swinger’s hotel but I think only if you go for that - it's not like they jump on you. The whole time there was such a laugh, I can't wait to go again!

• Travel date: Wed 9th of January 2008

Hotels near Temptation Cancun Resort

Stayed at Temptation Cancun Resort? Share your insight.

Temptation Cancun Resort is also called