Awful hotel. Pictures are deceiving_roaches

Reviewed Tue 6th of September 2011

"Checked into this resort late at night-- did not realize how run down and dirty it was until the next morning. We moved to another resort, but want to post this review in case it helps someone else. If it were just the room we were in--might have been okay to move, but the entire hotel was in disrepair. The lobby looks great, but beyond that it was terrible. Our room had dirty bedding (pubic hairs on sheets & stains)and lamps that did not work. Public areas had broken tile and dirt. The pool wasn't clean and the water slides weren't open that day. The worse part were the roaches! There were roaches in our room and downstairs in the eating areas. The hotel setup is not "tropical". Everything is inside like a mall. The food was awful. Barely above fast food and in a food court setting. The worst part was that my daughter was served a raw hotdog and rock hard fries. You know it is bad if the kids refuse to eat the food.
In addition, what looked like Hotel employees ready to show you around are really timeshare sales people. The bombarded us everytime we went into or through the lobby. Highly annoying! Thank goodness we left and moved to another all inclusive resort that was wonderful.
This was not the kind of dream vacation that I envisioned."

• Travel date: Fri 2nd of September 2011

Food is awful!!!

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"This hotel is lovely to look at, as long as our "cleanroom" sign was put outside our door each day as we went to the pool the room was cleaned every single day, plenty fresh towels and floors all mopped etc, cannot complain on cleanliness at all. Pool area is beautiful, beach is beautiful. BUT!!!! The food is disgusting. I didn't believe the food reviews on here but they are true, myself and my partner are not snobs, I'm a beautician (24) and him a delivery driver (25) so we are normal working class people and even we think the food in here was vile. I lived frm am omelette and toast in the morning and soup in the afternoon, I picked at things and had to eat out. My partner eats anything normally amd even he cldnt eat the food here. We went out of seaso. Which was a shame as it was so quiet. Oh and I meant to say there might be 9 restaurants but they all serve the same food so no matter where u go it's all the same! So annoying! Everyone we spoke to in other hotels loved their food we were one of the unlucky ones. Do not book this hotel if u love ur food u will HATE it, if I can prevent one couple having a disappointing holiday then I've done my job xx oh and also the full time we were there, there was entertainment once which was an michael Jackson show for 20 mins x"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

everything you could wish for

Reviewed Mon 16th of August 2010

"check in was easy a staff spoke excellent english we booked a standed room , when we got there we was offered an upgrade to a suite which we took and glad we did, our room was massive , had biggest bed ever , flat screen tv with a varity of channels, lots in english. mini bar with water beer and soft drinks. kettle with coffee and tea , bathroom was big with twin sinks, double shower with jets. so much wardrope space and free iron and board. the balcony which overlooked the pool and beach , was so roomy even with the table and chairs , 2 sunbeds and the double jaccuzzi.
the hotel it self was big but compact, you are given a map which also tells you what time places open and close. the hotel is set out like a crusie ship,over 12 floors with all the bars which serve premium brands and huge range of cocktails and resturants on the ground floor , with exception to the late night adult smoking bar on the 2 nd floor. all the restrants served great food and most of the time there was no waiting for a table. you also had the option of the food court were you could choose from a varity of grill, seafood, sushi , pasta , pizza, friut , the list goes on , all of which is made while you wait, the menu changes on a daily bases. you can not go hunrgy here. there is also 24 hr room service , there is a menu for breakfast , lunch , dinner and late night snacks. you can also order bottles of wine and champagne which i was impressed with. depending on what time you place your oder there can be a bit of a wait, due to the fact there are only 6 lifts in the hotel.
there are 3 pools , the main pool where the daily fun actives took place , a kids waterpark , and the adults only , all of which always had lots of free sunbeds and food and drink , footsteps away.
the beach i beautiful with white soft sand and the blue warm sea,, there is a roped in part for swimming, but it can be a bit rough but it is great for wave bobbing , i would wear water shoes as when you enter the sea there is a few sharp stones, again plenty of free sunbeds and a beach bar.
there is mini golf avabile free of charge and you can also get footballs for free to have a kick about on the beach .
the night entertament is in a cinema style theater , is great fun for every one , only down side is it on a 1 week cycle .
there is a bus stop outside the hotel which is very cheap and with in mintues takes you to a shopping malls , bars, clubs.
we loved this hotel and found it excellent value for money and would go back again , yes there is room for improvement on little things , but nothing to spoil your holiday , unless you are really bothered by a bit of paint peeling around the shower.

• Travel date: Fri 30th of July 2010

Can't wait to see this when it is fully functional.

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"Great Parnassus Resort & Spa, CancunFeb. 20 thru March 2, 2007

Once this resort is completed and all repairs made, it is going to be magnificent. The resort was less than 20 minutes from the airport. I have to admit our vacation started off on shaky grounds, I wasn’t even sure if I wanted to stay at the resort upon arrival. Our on site representative was really of little help, we got the feeling that this company got their money and too bad for the customers. Big mess trying to get a room and again the rep. was of little help. We were told everything in Cancun was booked solid due to the holiday weekend and we couldn’t be moved that night, but if something became available, we’d be informed. That was the last we heard from them. We decided to stay and make the best of it and worked with the hotel employees, not the vacation company. I will be dealing with them later this week.
After the third day, we approached another of this company’s reps. and asked if they located us a room and if not, what kind of compensation we would be given since the hotel was not completely finished and we were not informed ahead of time by them. The answer was we’d have to deal with it when we returned. I asked him to call the US company for us and he said we’d have to do that, at our expense. So much for ever using this company again. We spoke with a manager at the desk and he told us to come back the next morning when a division manager would be there. We spoke with him the next day. He was very nice and accommodating. He explained to us that the original building company pulled out in December and they had to wait for proper permits and procedures to hire another company to take over. He also said that the company we booked with was informed of this and they in turn stated that they had a contract with them and would send their customers anyway. So this is how a lot of people ended up there with no prior knowledge (unless they read posts here as I did) that the place was not done. I will pursue this with the company as I think this was very unfair of them. Although our vacation turned out good, there were a lot of safety issues, and I know that if this resort were in the US, it would never have been allowed to open.
So being so new and so much going on, the employees did the best they could, but there was a lot lacking. You had to explore on your own, and this was a huge hotel. There were no printed maps or explanations of restaurants, bars, activates, etc. Even after 10 days, we didn’t see everything that was supposed to be there. I’ve got a feeling this is going to be a long review, so be patient.
I’ll just start in the lobby and work my way around. This was the biggest lobby I’ve ever been in all my travels. It was all open and always very windy in this area (which was just as well or you’d be overwhelmed with the heat). All public areas were not air conditioned so this breeze was welcome. As you entered, the bell boy counter was on the right, always staffed with pleasant personal. Straight ahead was a row of desk like counters. Check in was to the far left, in the center was one computer with free internet access, then to the right was what I suspected to be time share reps. We found an invitation slipped under our door one day inviting us to breakfast and a presentation, then you’d receive a $50 gift certificate to be used anywhere in the hotel shops or spa (when it opens). We don’t do time share presentations, but it may be worth it to some. To the left was a variety store with very expensive items of clothing, toiletries, alcohol and some food. Behind that were desks which would eventually have the various travel company’s reps. Behind that area was a huge movie theater. They had movies during the day for kids, then a kids’ show around 7, entertainment at 9 that varied each day. After the show between 10 and 11pm they always had a bus to different bars each night. It was all inclusive, costing $35-$45 per person, and you had to get yourself back. Behind the theater were restrooms, the ladies’ room only had two enclosed toilets, the rest were all lined up in a row, no stalls. I thought I had accidentally walked into the means’ room. Then a long hall led you to the water park and a Spanish Restaurant. That only opened for breakfast and lunch about half way through our stay. The slides at the water park were open, but not the rest of it. You had to be 12 to enter without a parent.
On the second floor was an adult only pool with two huge hot tubs beside it and a bar in the center. The view was amazing. Again some safety issues here as rails were not installed and there was a big drop in one area between the pool and the hot tub. Back inside this area was a large sports bar that opened at 6:30pm. They had two pool tables, and all the tables had tops that could be turned over to play cards. It was very hot in this bar even with the AC running.
Back to the lobby floor. A clothing boutique, arts & crafts store (actually decent prices here), a silver jewelry store and another store (?) opening the Sunday after we left. There was a sweet shop, always had ice cream, cookies and deserts as well as a coffee machine. Then started the restaurants. The Manhattan was open for all three meals and we heard also through the night. It served sandwiches as well as main courses. Next to that was a German Bar (but only saw one type of beer throughout the whole place, XX). Then the Big Ben Restaurant. This was the one that parts of the ceiling kept collapsing. They had good steaks here as well as sea food and poultry. On the other side was the Lobby Bar, an area for sitting with your drinks inside and out in the lobby and then two more restaurants. One was French (I believe) the other International. This is what I meant about no printed material explaining the various places to eat. In the center was a Japanese Restaurant. Good food here, too. This was closed a few times we were there, part of ongoing repair work throughout the hotel).
Continuing down the lobby floor was a fine jewelry store on one side and an unfinished restaurant on the other. Then the food court. The various “booths” were in a circle, I think 10 or 12 in all, with tables throughout a glass enclosed area (no AC). Each “booth” had different food. Salads, breads, fruit, veggie, poultry, grill, seafood, desert, etc. But during our stay they closed off half of this for more repairs. There seemed to be a lot of ceiling pieces collapsing.
Outside the food court was a bar and snack grill. The grill had hamb., hot dogs, chicken fingers, chicken wings, french-fries, and made to order sandwiches.
The pool area was beautiful. A three tiered infinity pool and then a swim up bar pool on the right. The center pool was for activities. There were tons of chairs and umbrellas but if it got too windy they asked you not to use the umbrellas. The red flags were up every day we were there. People still went in the ocean except for one day when it was really windy. The ocean was a beautiful shade of blue, almost a baby blue. The sand was white and soft. But, during the time we were there, a good 10 feet of sand was washed away leaving a big drop to get into the water. It was also a little tricky getting from the pool to the beach. The stairs from the pool to the shower area were done, cement, but the stairs from the shower area to the beach were made of wood (one set was very rough and wobbly). Also, the sets of stairs going down the tiers of the pool area did not have rails and the ones that did have them were not very secure.
So, just a warning, for anyone who has a balance problem, bad back or legs, it can be dangerous. I had injured my back in late December and was still not up to par, so I was very, very careful walking around this place. Just keep your eyes open and have a good grip going up and down the stairs around the pool and onto the beach. Also, if you have young children, keep an eye on them. There are one or two lifeguards, but the pool area is so large and the ocean very choppy, he cannot possibly keep an eye on everyone. My husband had to pull a young child out of the pool when he started into the pool down the steps; I guess not realizing it was going to be over his head, he couldn’t get back out.
The very top pool has a shallow area for the little ones.
Now, to the rooms. The front faced the lagoon. These were the suites. We were offered one but I wanted to see the ocean, not the lagoon so we took an ocean view room. All rooms except the lagoon suites are billed as ocean view, but we all know that that doesn’t necessarily mean a good view, but ours was at least facing the ocean. We were on the odd numbered side. The even numbered side was were most of the complaints came from as far as noise and construction, but by now, that could turn around to be the odd numbered rooms as there is still a lot of work to be done all over, inside and out. We were told by one family that the ocean front suites were huge, and from the outside they did look a lot bigger than the lagoon side suites. They were 6 across, the ocean front were 4 across. All the suits had Jacuzzis. One day we were ordering from the outside grill and water was pouring down from the 8th floor. Later we were told someone left the water running to fill the Jacuzzi and it overflowed. At least it was clean water.
The regular ocean view rooms did not have coffee makers or refrigerators. I always bring my own coffee maker and we asked for and got a refrigerator only because a lot of the suites weren’t done, they were able to take a refrigerator from one of those rooms. I don’t think they had the option yet of booking what our vacation company posted as club rooms (little extras, but to me wouldn’t be worth the huge difference in price anyway). We had a family room (didn’t book this) with a king size bed and the bunk beds behind a wall that did not reach to the ceiling, so if you have your kids over there, no hanky panky at night as they would be able to see right over the top bunk! This bunk bed also had another mattress in a pull out drawer on the bottom, so I suppose you could have three children in the room. There was a huge closet (bring extra hangers) and then another closet with shelves and the safe. The safe was not bolted down when we arrived, but the bellboy had a maintenance man come up within minutes to bolt it down. It was a good size digital safe, so no worry about loosing the key. The room key was the credit card type and you received two. The AC stayed on without leaving a key in the slot as some resorts have. The bedside tables were spacious as well the one large bureau. They had a 27 inch flat screen TV. Make sure your bellboy programs it for you; I think that is why some say they couldn’t get more than two channels. There was a small glass table and two chairs near the balcony. The balcony had a small table and two very uncomfortable chairs. We brought out the room chairs to solve that problem. The room was very bare, not even a bedspread yet and no clock (not unusual, though as we’ve stayed other places without a clock or radio). The telephone had no instructions, but each key was labeled for whoever or whatever you needed from downstairs. Room service was available 24 hours and the wait was usually 15 or 20 min. My biggest complaint was lack of bottled water. All the restaurants and a self service area had purified water, but not the rooms. When we complained we were told to just call room service and they’d bring us water. We found out our second day they do have bottled water, but it depends on who was working whether you’d get bottles or glasses of water. When we did get bottles, we’d just save them and fill them up from the self service area (but even this ran out one day). They really have to make bottled water available to all. Another issue that I hope will be resolved once and for all was a very strong odor (fecal) from the water in the shower and sink. It wasn’t always there, but for the last 3 days I could smell it and no one could explain it. Up until the odor was noticeable, I had been brushing my teeth with the tap water. The maid service was excellent, our room being down every day early. Plenty of towels but the last few days we did not get face cloths. I always bring my old ones so it wasn’t a problem. They will have their own laundry on site, but for now they were sending the linens out.
My husband did get sick to his stomach one day, lasted about 24 hours, with just diarrhea. And, he never gets sick. And no, he doesn’t overindulge, so I’m sure it was something he ate. I am always hesitant about eating from buffets unless you see the food just being put out. But they have enough choices there in restaurants and the outdoor grill, so if you don’t get to the buffet when it first opens, you have other options.
I know those of you who have booked are probably as nervous as I was, that is why this review is so long, I’m trying to cover everything. Our overall stay was good and yes, we are going back thanks to that division manager. I’m sure it’s only going to get better, and I know we’d never be able to afford this place once it is fully functional because the price we paid for this stay was probably just an opening promotion. So go and enjoy, just keep a heads up for safety issues.
The hotel offered a shuttle Mon, Weds. and Fri. at 5pm to different shopping areas in Cancun. One had transportation both ways (two hours for shopping), the other they dropped you off and you could take a bus for 6 pesos or a taxi for $10, back. They had their non-motorized water sports go out of the marina so they also had a shuttle for that leaving 3 times during the day. They also had a shuttle every hour to the Golden Parnassus (adults only). There was a small variety store and pharmacy within walking distance of the hotel that would be worth the walk instead of paying the hotels inflated prices.
I think I’ve covered everything. If you have any questions, you may email me at [email protected] Sometimes I cannot get my photos uploaded so if they don’t show up, email me and I’ll send them."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of March 2007

Not great, but will be.....

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"Just returned from a week at this hotel and have to agree with most of the comments already raised in previous reviews. This hotel has the opportunity of being fantastic but not for a few years as it is not finished!!
On arrival the hotel looks impressive with a huge open plan reception but thats when things start to falter.
We had to wait over an hour for our rooms as they were not ready. Once in our room we were allocated an even number room on the 3rd floor overlooking an air conditioning unit and has to be the noisiest hotel room i have ever stayed in. I had to turn the TV up to hear it over the external A/C units, that with the fact all the drilling and workmen did not make for a peaceful stay.
The bathroom finish was very shoddy with unpainted walls and cracked tiles. The first days there was an overwhelming stench of sewage when i ran any water in the bathroom but this disappeared eventually.
The rooms are nicely styled and beds are comfortable. Nice flat screen tv's but mine had only 2 english speaking channels on it.
The restaurants are ok but lack atmosphere. I enjoyed the Japanese food at Samurai restaurant but 2 people in our party got food poisioning from the Big Ben restaurant and a few of the servers were unfriendly in Big Ben. Manhattan restaurant was better for breakfast rather than the self serve.
The pools were nice with plenty of beds avaliable. Not much shade and the parasols are only avaliable on non windy days - which wasnt very often!

Overall I had an okay stay, there are lots of things that need improving and finishing but it didnt spoil our stay too much. Would return but not for a few months

Staff are nice and try very hard to make your stay pleasant.

Most things in the hotel are half finished and those that are have been finished to a really poor quality. There is no quality to any of the paint finishes, tiles are already cracked, holes and nails in walls."

• Travel date: Tue 27th of February 2007

Will be beyond EXCELLENT when finished...

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"We just returned from the Great Parnassus in Cancun over February vacation. We really liked what the resort had to offer, even though it was only about 70% open. We originally started at the Golden Parnassus and were not pleased by what we had gotten.
They moved us to their sister, The Great and we were happy.

The food and services is excellent. We went down to get ice, and the front desk woman got mad, saying they would bring it for us. They had 6 of their restaurants open when we were there. The Japanese and Seafood were by far the best. The steakhouse and Meson de Michelle was also very good. The only one I wasn’t too excited about was the Manhattan restaurant. Service and food were ok, but not as good as the others. We were really happy just going to the buffet for breakfast. There we could have them make pancakes, omelets or anything else we could imagine.

The pools were very nice. There were three big ones, and one swim up bar. The last pool over looked the ocean and allowed you to seat on a stool in the water while placing your drink on the edge. Their oceanfront was nice as well. Good sand, but not a ton of room.

Overall I would say this place was better then the Golden, even though its not fully open. When open, this place will be very nice. The lobby, restaurants and shows are well worth it."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

BEWARE: CONSTRUCTION ZONE / ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK !

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"Words cannot describe the experience my wife and I had on our planned vacation at the GOLDEN Parnassus that we booked with travelocity in September 2006 for a February 19 - 23 stay.

While receiving our 'WELCOME' drink at the Adults-only Golden, we were informed the hotel was overbooked and they would not be able to accommodate us here, but they would send us down to the bigger, better, and newer GRAND Parnassus. When I asked if the hotel was completed (having read previous postings), we were assured it was and was actually an upgrade from the GOLDEN..

I could write a book on our experience, but will sum it up with a few low lights:

Room #1: Reserved Club suite w/Ocean View at Golden equated to a Lagoon (Service Road / Scrub Brush) view..with plumbing problems wherein the bathroom was unusable and you had to take your shower in 3 minute increments so it would drain and not overflow in the room

Room#2: After far too many trips to the 'service desk' , on Day 3 we were moved to an Ocean View room..Beautiful view, room in an almost finished state (some shelves and furniture missing) so we figured it was better than Room #1. Only problem was that the door key did not work and after waiting almost 2 hours for someone to fix it (they'll be up in 15 minutes), they determined the lock needed to be replaced and we should just see a bell hop whenever we wanted to get into our room. That night we received a call telling us they wanted to move us, so I should come down and see what was available..

I spent the next 90 minutes touring rooms with a gentleman from the 'service desk' and out of 6 rooms, 1 was barely habitable, so that would be Room #3 and they just needed 30 minutes for housekeeping and such. Over 2 hours later, nobody had shown up at the room and on my 3rd trip to the 'service desk' I was informed that they were going to give me a different room, the one next to where we were currently staying (dare we leave the room and get locked out).

Room #4 - After another 60 minutes, our new room was finally ready and we moved yet again. This room was also missing furniture, shelves, safe, service bar, and the shower controls were missing but with some creativity, we were able to get one of the shower heads to work..

3 Days and 4 Rooms later observations:
- The hotel should never be opened and is quite frankly a danger zone that spans exposed electrical wiring in the rooms and halls, falling material from the roof, no guard rails in many area, leaking roofs ALL over the hotel,. and a law suit or worse waiting to happen - AND this is a Family resort with children all over
- Unless you brought a wet suit, forget the pools and 'hot tubs' as the water temp was low-mid sixties, attested by virtually nobody in any of the pools and in fact the ocean water temp was much warmer.
- Hotel staff walks around in a constant state of shock not knowing when the next irate person is going to approach them. You couldn't help but feel so sorry for these folks as they were 'hung out to dry' with 'management' nowhere to be found.
- The food ranged from good to excellent, but by the time you went to dinner, you had lost your appetite from the day's experiences.

Bottom line is that there is no integrity in the management of these two hotels and unless you want to roll the dice and possibly wind up in a room on a 'sister property' that could have leaking or no plumbing, exposed wiring, partial furnishing, bunkbeds (yes that's not a mistype - most rooms we saw in the middle of the hotel had a double bed and bunkbeds separated by a wall - I think that could be their idea of a suite), non-functioning jacuzzi, leaking infrastructure, workers drilling at all hours, and other trivial 'amenities' ......
my best advice would be to: STAY AWAY....check in about 9 months to a year from now on this board (when they should be complete) to see where they are, given they haven't gone belly up from law suits.

BTW, when called on Day 1, Travelocity's help was offering to offer my wife and I a $100 credit on a future full vacation reservation...sure that's equitable..and quite the guarantee.."

• Travel date: Mon 26th of February 2007

We'll be back!!!

Reviewed Thu 20th of December 2012

"When we first arrived and saw that there was still work going on in the drive-way, we were dubious as to what we were letting ourselves in for, however when we saw the reception area and knew we shouldn't have worried.

The lobby area is very striking when you first arrive as is the whole hotel when you are walking through. There is no doubt that the hotel is not yet completed, however it didn't take away from the enjoyment of our 2 week holiday at all.

The staff are second to none, they are extremely attentive and very polite. Anything you want they will get for you! Makes you incredibly lazy, but hey you are on holiday.

The rooms were finished on the most part but little silly things were still being done, like they put on the phone numbers for reception, bell boy, spa etc during our stay and the tv was there but the pre-built box for the tv on the wall was not being used. This did not bother me but it niggled at my partner as he is a perfectionist. However the showers going hot and cold did annoy us, this was getting worked on as we left so should be fixed shortly.

Food was lovely!! We favoured the japanese and big ben as when we used the seafood and the French we found them to be real a la carte and left hungry. Not too worry though as later on we used the Manhattan as it was 24 hrs and always filled the hole. The night waiter is a lovely guy called David and he always looked after us!

Let me just say that I think that just now the hotel is not working to it's full potential, however the hotel is fully working and is kept clean and tidy. We are going to return as we feel that given a couple of months and this is going to be one of the best hotels on the strip."

• Travel date: Sun 25th of February 2007

Definately not a finished resort

Reviewed Thu 8th of November 2012

"My daughter and I stayed here from Feb 16-23 and would like to share our opinion. The good - the rooms are very clean and spacious and it was great to have a balcony to relax on.All the staff from the bellhops, housekeeping, bartenders and activity staff were very helpful, humorous, and friendly. The food court had such a variety that even the pickiest eater could find something and the pools, although cold , were very clean and enjoyable on a hot day. The beach as well was gorgeous but the sand had quite a few rocks. The bad - we ate at 3 of the restaurants and honestly did not enjoy one meal. The food was either very bland or just not appetizing. After trying them the food court was the best way to get a really good meal. The first room we were in the shower just sprayed mud and the room had a very musty smell. We changed rooms and it was so much better but the water in the shower and sink had a very strong odor. We were told a pipe had burst and the water would improve but that did not happen during our time there (Do not drink the water in the room!!!) They give you a request sheet to fill in if you want breakfast in the morning with a time you would like it. The first time we filled it in our breakfast never came but the second time it did show up. The nightly shows were very boring but that is after staying at a couple of other resorts in Mexico where the staff have had more time. I'm sure later on they will get better. Now for the ugly - If you are going here to relax forget it.!! The work on the hotel starts between 7:15am -7:30 and continues all day. There is no way to sleep through this even with earplugs as hammering and sawing just can not be blocked. There were a couple of nights that going to sleep was difficult as in the middle of the hotel are where all the bars and restaurants are. It is very open and if you get a group having a great time (as they should) the sound carries throughout. One night the sing-a-long went on until 1:30am which was fine with us but if you had smaller kids it could be a problem. The other major problem with the hotel is they are trying to put it together so fast parts of the ceiling are falling in and pipes are bursting causing major water damage. Sunday night at 11:30 the roof fell apart in 3 sections, 1 being a large glass area right where you come in and the other sections in the food court - very dangerous. With this said the staff did an amazing job with all the complaints they received and although there were lots of people complaining we still had a great time. Would we go back? Very hard to say. They should have taken their time and finished it properly before opening as we think they probably lost quite a few customers due to the problems. Hope this helps!"

• Travel date: Sat 24th of February 2007

Worst Place Ever!!!!

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"Smelly, dirty, low pressure water from the shower and the jacuzzi. Keys didn't work for 5 days. I had to go to the front desk everytime I needed to enter my room. No remote for the tv. No room service menu. Broken glass and windows throughout the hotel and stairwells. Rude front desk personel. Need I go on?"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of February 2007

still not ready

Reviewed Thu 22nd of November 2012

"we were there feb. 15-21. still alot of work. water problems in the room and hvac didn't work well. staff was great they were really challenged but they made the visit great. great shows every night and the food was top shelf. Hotel is next to the hilton on the south end of the strip. rooms were huge and so were the baths.....PS don't drink the water.. bring empty water bottle for filtered water storage. lobby was the biggest I have ever seen!. If you can wait in about 2-3 months this will be a 5star resort. adn remember its all what you make of it also.!"

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of February 2007

Good Trip - Going back next year to see the finished hotel!

Reviewed Fri 7th of December 2012

"My husband and I stayed from Saturday morning, Feb 10 to Wednesday afternoon, Feb 14. The overall trip was great because the staff and weather were good. The hotel is beautiful and on first site very impressive. The good: 1. food was good, lots of variety in the restaurants and food court; 2. beach is awesome and they provide boogie boards and volleyball which we used a lot; 3. entertainment staff was fun and not over the top cheesy; 4. location is great and just far away enough from the busy area of the hotel zone; 5. the waterslide and the live entertainment theater opened during our stay, as well as the 2nd floor pool area. The bad: 1. water was turned off for two days during our stay while they tried to repair something - our last day we were offered a shower in another room which we used prior to leaving for the airport; 2. the air conditioner never worked at all, but the weather was nice so we slept with our balcony door open and the ceiling fan on high and managed just fine; 3. it rained really hard one morning and flooded almost everything on the main floor - the staff cleaned it up very quickly; 4. there is no bottled water period so buy some at the store if you are worried about the 'purified water'; 5. the hot tubs were not working yet as of 2/14; 6. our safe did not work even after a service call and it's not bolted down to the cabinet it sits on; 7. the staff made no apologies for any of these points I have made. I think they are just tired of hearing things are still not working. Sometimes an apology can make you feel like you've been heard...

Tips: If you need an ATM, there is one in the front of the Hilton next door. The bus picks up just in front of the Hilton next door and is 5 pesos. They have robes if you ask. Nightly entertainment begins at 9pm. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Fri 16th of February 2007

Hotels near Seadust Cancun Family Resort

Top traveller tips for Seadust Cancun Family Resort

• emmartin123 by emmartin123

"you can never be hungry "

Seadust Cancun Family Resort is also called