Presidente InterContinental Cancun Resort

Good

We stayed at this All Inclusive. The sa...

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2005

"We stayed at this All Inclusive. The salads looked so good so I ate some of them and had 2 days of abdominal cramping and diarrhoea. The meals were presented in a nice way but were tasteless for the most part. My wife did not eat any raw veggies and did not become sick. I tried to talk with the manager and was not able to talk with him. They sent some Gatorade. Changing bed linens at 2 am is not fun. My wife and I are Registered Nurses and we saw some food handling that was not up to par. The Air Conditioning was not up to par and the beach was unswimable due to undercurrents. We have heard other guests had the same problems however I am not sure they brought it to management’s attention and we are concerned because if young children or older adults could be really seriously affected. It is three days and I am just recovering. The vacation was a nightmare after that. I posted a review on AOL-Travelocity web site but am not sure they will post it. We stayed six days at this hotel and it is the only place we ate meals at. We don’t recommend All Inclusive particularly this hotel unless they improve on their food handling and safety."

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2005

great place

Reviewed Sat 27th of October 2012

"Stayed dec 2003 in two bed suite . See Alejandro at front desk for all problems and arrangements-he is the best hotel employee i have ever seen. Earlier review said air conditioning was loud-i almost did not stay here because of that review-but i found the air system noise to be consistent, low hum and not as annoying as i have run into at other Mexico hotels. There is no doubt the beach here is the calmest in cancun-but teenager found the calm water too boring.

Breakfast was provided in our room rate and was excellent. You can not bring sacks of food supplies into hotel but one sack is ok-we got water at grocery store one block away. But you must cross a very busy dangerous street with no crosswalk to get to store.

Rooms were clean and well maintained. The bedding and towels provided were great. the pool water was clean. There is a massage booth on beach-do it-it is great.

Stay away from the hair salon-hot,not clean,very slow workers.

I highly recommend this hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 21st of January 2004

Quiet hotel, nice location

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"My family of 5 went from Dec 18 - Dec 25. This was our first trip to Cancun as a family. Loved the beach at the hotel, the clean sand, the palapas. The staff was inobtrusive and polite. Did not eat at the hotel due to the prices, ate at some nearby restaurants and bought water and snacks from the supermarket across the street. The rooms were clean, initially I was a little disappointed about the age of the hotel, but it quickly grew on us. We booked 2 adjoining rooms, that really made a difference travelling with 3 kids, the extra bathroom and TV was convenient. We kept the adjoining door opened the whole time we were there and the rooms felt more like an an apartment. All in all, the hotel was nice, though not as fancy as the newer hotel but certainly good value for money."

• Travel date: Tue 20th of January 2004

fun in the sun, fun at night

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"I went to Cancun for my birthday. Stayed at the Presidente. The staff was very friendly and helpful.The property was kept very clean. Its a very safe place to stay. Location of the hotel was excellent. My trip was the latter part of July 2003. I may make Cancun a yearly stop. Will stay at the Presidente again."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of January 2004

Very relaxing!

Reviewed Wed 26th of December 2012

"Very nice but older hotel. Staff extremely curteous and went out of their way to make our stay very plesant. If you want a relaxed atmosphere this is the place. Definatly not if you are into the party scene. Beach was beautiful!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of January 2004

Elegant hotel

Reviewed Thu 25th of October 2012

"I recommend this hotel for those intending to spend some time at their hotel relaxing. The beach is perfect: clean sand and small waves.
Because this hotel faces the Isla de Mujeres, the water is very calm.
There can be red flags posted at the Carribbean beaches and yellow or white flags on the Isla side. There are three swimming pools (all sparkling clean). The rooms are large with limestone tiled bathrooms.
Housekeeping is excellent. Rooms were kept tidy and well appointed.
Like many hotels, the minibar is expensive and the bottles of fresh water "provided" are a rip off. Avoid the minibar and buy your bottled water at the supermarket a five minute walk down the paseo. The Presidente is expensive for meals. We spent most of our time away from the hotel on tours, snorkelling etc, so we did not purchase an all inclusive plan. We bought our meals outside the hotel and recommend the restaurant "100% Natural" ( a five minute walk down the paseo) as the best place to eat your breakfast. This hotel also offers use of a complimentary room for showering and freshening up if you depart Cancun after having to check out of your room. You will still have use of the hotel facilites after check out . The bellhops mind your luggage in the lobby."

• Travel date: Sat 10th of January 2004

Excellent Hotel & Staff

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My husband & I stayed at the Presidente in April 2003 and had a great time. We went back again for his B-day in October 2003. The staff is very friendly and the hotel is great. They have 1 big pool with a waterfall and six whirlpools on the side and 1 kids pool and the beach area is always very clean. The food is a little expensive, but worth it (especially the breakfast) This is a great hotel for relaxing and really enjoying your vacation. They don't have many activities, but that's ok with us. The rooms are mostly lagoon view, unless you paid for ocean view. They upgrade you to ocean view with an additional price each day, but it's worth it. The hotel looks a little old fashion from the outside, but very modern from inside. I would really recommend this place. We have stayed at different hotels in cancun and we love this one. We are planning our next family vacation in April 2004. The best thing, you are not bothered with any time share!!! we really love this place and can't wait to go back."

• Travel date: Fri 9th of January 2004

perfect for romance!

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"My husband and I spent our honeymmon here and had a fantastic time! We arrived on time, but discovered that our request for a suite had not been received. A kind employee, knowing that I really wanted a living room area in addition to a bedroom, showed us several types of rooms. I admit that I was upset when I arrived as we had prepaid and I felt cheated, but it turned out to have been the travel agency's mistake, NOT the hotel. They went to work finding us a suitable suite, and wow, we were impressed! We didn't go for a huge suite, just a junior suite, but it was well worth the extra money.

The suite had a living room, bedroom, and a huge bathroom with separate shower and tub. There were two televisions and the decor was very nice.
The amenities were also great- we actually used our own shampoo so we could stock up on all the different products they gave us.

The room service was excellent. We were there in April of 2000, and they went all out. 24 hours a day, they would bring us whatever we wanted, which is perfect for a honeymoon or romantic getaway. There were also suites avaiable with jacuzzis on the balconies, but we didn't need that. The employees really made us an excellent deal on this suite- they were very eager to please.

As this was my husband's 1st trip (my 3rd) to Cancun, he was in awe of the beach and the color of the water. We enjoyed the beach and the pool area, and I fell in love with the doorman! Everytime you enter the hotel from the pool/beach, a man dressed in white uniform would open the door for us. Now, I travel a lot but I'd never seen such a dedicated staff. I NEVER opened my own door, and on one occasion when I'd had too much sun, he kindly escorted me to my room. As I needed a special key card to access that floor, the doorman made sure that I was taken care of. He also refused a gratuity!

If you do stay here, take advantage of the concierge/travel agency in the lobby. They arrange all your outings and make sure to have you picked up. You do not need a rental car in Cancun.

The Presidente was a truly classy place, and very romantic. I would, however, caution anyone traveling to Cancun to use sunblock, and lots of it! It's easy to burn without realizing, especially when getting in and out of the pool. I loved the pool bar, and I rarely even drink. It was nice to swim up and get what you want, but beware the combination of sun and alcohol. On my 1st day I fell asleep in the sun after drinking a banana daquiri and spent the rest of my vacation burned to a crisp!

If you want a classy, upscale hotel at reasonable prices, a wonderful staff, great food and romance in the air. the Presidente Intercontinental is the perfect hotel for you!"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of December 2003

Great food

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Had a great time here and the food was really good! I had an all inclusive so I got a good deal on the off season in October. The hotel is a little old looking from the outside but it's nice inside and very comfortable. Quiet no disco onsite which is good because the clubs are within moderate walking distance. The beach is very calm but somewhat shallow. The drinks and salsa were amazing. Loved the fact there has a nary a clock to be found in the place. Had the time of my life -but I don't get out often enough!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of November 2003

Good time in Cancun

Reviewed Wed 31st of October 2012

"Loved everything about the place. Service was exellent. Extra friendly staff. Beautiful beach. No night life but well within walking distance."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of October 2003

Great Price and Clean

Reviewed Sat 20th of October 2012

"Stayed 1 night in June 2003, clean room, staff friendly, exchanged rate ok. Not close to downtown, if you like to walk then it's fine."

• Travel date: Thu 18th of September 2003